Why I feel Pari can mend Yogi's heart and her own as well

Posted: 4 years ago

So people, have recently started watching Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein, and it so gives me the feels of Sasural Genda Phool - full family bonding, drama. Something so understated and different.

So quickly jumping to the present, we all know how Yogi is heartbroken, and here no one is to blame, apart from Shiv - his family truly has a better understanding of the worth of a person like Yogi and someday Shiv will too.

Coming to Yogi, we have always seen how happy he has been in every situation, come hell or high water. But the fact is, he is not fully happy at all. He is putting up a facade to keep his family happy. His family also does not know him truly, because he has never opened up completely to them about his pain or his insecurities - because he knows how emotional they are about him. And hence he needs someone there who will see the pain behind his smile, someone who breaks through that facade of happiness and understand and hear out his sorrows.

Pari, is shown as a brash, insensitive, street-smart, independent modern girl, who knows how to get work done through jugaad. But she too has a sensitive side as well. She is very emotional when it comes to her parents and family which she never had. She has always had to fend for herself on her own, and that is what shapes her personality. The point she started living with the Srivastavs, she began understanding what a real family is all about, something she has been yearning all her life and therefore she does not want to go from that house. Yes, she is self-centered, but does she have a choice, if her family life was so dysfunctional?

Both Pari and Yogi have something to offer to each other. Yogi can teach Pari how to be more empathetic and sensitive, and Pari can teach him how to be more strong and expressive. I am not saying that Yogi isn't strong - he has a subtle strength in him which is admirable, but Pari can help him cope with his hidden emotions and make him more secure as who he is - what people think of as a disability is, in fact, his specialty.

What I feel is that during this tough phase when Yogi will go through an emotional breakdown, Pari will be there as his support system and confidant. Of course, he has his family, but he cannot always confide in his family. Similarly, sooner or later Pari will have to face her demons and pain, which is when Yogi will be there for her. A bond based on friendship, trust, and support. Whether that turns into love, I don't know. I don't mind them together. And there is no rule that a disabled person has to fall for a disabled person. 

Also, I would like to add, I have no problem with Gunjan as such. She is a sweet and pleasant character, but her father will be her undoing. He will marry her off to a "supposed normal guy" who will ill-treat her for who she is, then Shiv will understand how badly he has goofed up. And I feel that probably Yogi and Pari will come to her rescue. But, let us allow the story to take its course.

Excellently written. Yogi is at a place he is unfamiliar with. He is trying the same defense mechanism of smiling during adversity which isn't working. The entire family is drowned in sorrow. His father has never failure to this extent before. Pari being an outsider and someone who has faced disappointment in relationships, that is her parents, understands Yogi the best. As you said, both can help each other. I love their friendship as there is no judgment. I would want them to be friends if Yogi-Gunjan is the end game. I don't want Pari sacrificing her love or something at the end. Of Yogi-Pari is the end game, would love to see their friendship develop into companionship and love.

Gunjan is sweet but she has no character. As in, she has either two expressions- smiling or confused. She has no ambition. Her relationship with her parents isn't exploref properly too. She is too much dependent on them. 

Let's see how the story goes. I am loving the aftermath of the breakup now. Brining the best of the actors. Hopefully Shiv comes around to his senses soon and see what a mishap he has created. 

Originally posted by Shwets1502

Excellently written. Yogi is at a place he is unfamiliar with. He is trying the same defense mechanism of smiling during adversity which isn't working. The entire family is drowned in sorrow. His father has never failure to this extent before. Pari being an outsider and someone who has faced disappointment in relationships, that is her parents, understands Yogi the best. As you said, both can help each other. I love their friendship as there is no judgment. I would want them to be friends if Yogi-Gunjan is the end game. I don't want Pari sacrificing her love or something at the end. Of Yogi-Pari is the end game, would love to see their friendship develop into companionship and love.

Gunjan is sweet but she has no character. As in, she has either two expressions- smiling or confused. She has no ambition. Her relationship with her parents isn't exploref properly too. She is too much dependent on them. 

Let's see how the story goes. I am loving the aftermath of the breakup now. Brining the best of the actors. Hopefully Shiv comes around to his senses soon and see what a mishap he has created. 

Yes, I agree with your point - Yogi is in unfamiliar territory, and hence he feels that the defense mechanism he applies in every situation will work here, but he is failing miserably at it. Here is where Pari can step in and support him because she understands the feeling of being rejected by the people you love. Pari does not look like the sacrificial type, honestly. But when the time comes to that, it will be for Yogi to choose. These situations will toughen him up. But, I have my money on Pari and Yogi - so similar yet different.

I agree with your point on Gunjan. Gunjan has very limited layers like they have not shown many shades to her character. There is a difference between being mute and not having the backbone to stand up for what you want. She belongs to the latter right now. A few weeks back there was a promo where Shiv and Prakash were speaking about Yogi and their perspective about him. Shiv had said that Yogi has lived a sheltered life and been protected by his family. Which now I find complete bulls**t.

The truth is, Shiv has always sheltered and protected Gunjan, so much that she cannot make any choices on her own, she cannot express her POV. She did not flourish properly. Even to make an Fb account she needs her father's permission. I mean what the hell. Yogi in comparison, is independent and talented. He is self-sufficient.

If compared with Pari, she is such a strong girl that she can not just fight for herself, but when the time comes, she can fight for Yogi as well. She will be the shield that Yogi needs right now and in the future, and Yogi can be the soothing and calm support system, Pari needs, who has spent a lot of her time being strong, and she too gets exhausted.

Originally posted by libran90

Yes, I agree with your point - Yogi is in unfamiliar territory, and hence he feels that the defense mechanism he applies in every situation will work here, but he is failing miserably at it. Here is where Pari can step in and support him because she understands the feeling of being rejected by the people you love. Pari does not look like the sacrificial type, honestly. But when the time comes to that, it will be for Yogi to choose. These situations will toughen him up. But, I have my money on Pari and Yogi - so similar yet different.

I agree with your point on Gunjan. Gunjan has very limited layers like they have not shown many shades to her character. There is a difference between being mute and not having the backbone to stand up for what you want. She belongs to the latter right now. A few weeks back there was a promo where Shiv and Prakash were speaking about Yogi and their perspective about him. Shiv had said that Yogi has lived a sheltered life and been protected by his family. Which now I find complete bulls**t.

The truth is, Shiv has always sheltered and protected Gunjan, so much that she cannot make any choices on her own, she cannot express her POV. She did not flourish properly. Even to make an Fb account she needs her father's permission. I mean what the hell. Yogi in comparison, is independent and talented. He is self-sufficient.

If compared with Pari, she is such a strong girl that she can not just fight for herself, but when the time comes, she can fight for Yogi as well. She will be the shield that Yogi needs right now and in the future, and Yogi can be the soothing and calm support system, Pari needs, who has spent a lot of her time being strong, and she too gets exhausted.

Yogi has had a sheltered life but he has been treated as a equal in the family. I love when Prakash tells "Sun, Yogi" though he knows Yogi can't hear. Yogi's disabilities have been kept in the back seat. For Gunjan, Shiv constantly reminds her that she can t speak. He becomes emotional in front of her and doesn't give the strength to fight the societal norms. That fB account thing was ridiculous. Shiv fears the society. 

Cvs can make Pari sacrificial. They can turn this story anyway Lol Currently I want Pari yo be a great support system to Yogi and in turn the family acknowledging this friendship. Letting Pari become part of family and then later bringing Pari's family into the picture. 

What I wonder is what will happen on Gunjan's side? Wedding prepations with the contractor's son? Not another wedding! 

What I wonder is what will happen on Gunjan's side? Wedding prepations with the contractor's son? Not another wedding! 

the only way I see Gunjan's marriage happening fast is - by Shiv emotionally blackmailing his family. Even if there's a marriage, we won't get to see that anyway.

Edited by serious - 4 years ago

Originally posted by libran90

But, let us allow the story to take its course.

• lets not hope that much, its an Indian TV Show that too Sony - TRP matters. Sony has a habit of pulling plug on shows with just a week or 2 notice, if the ratings aren't good. I used to watch Prtihvi Vallabh, Ek Duje ke vaaste, Yeh Moh moh ke dhaage - all shows closed prematurely.
Edited by serious - 4 years ago

Such a beautiful thread with lovely posts. Finally v have something to discuss. 😀. What a ride it was for me. My assumption initially.....YoJan to b the pair managing their disabilities as if they weren’t so in the first place. Living in the world of their own, managing their lives in complete synchronisation with each other’s aspirations, dreams and setting an example to the world...that life is the same madness for u and for us too. It’s how v manage it. But I was wrong. 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️

The entire twist in tale was Pari. How I used to get irritated by her silly presence at the earlier stage and can’t imagine a jugaad queen setting a perfect 1 and 1 as 2 for Yogi. But it’s happening and I am in awe of it. ☺️☺️

Now the way I c Yogi Pari has been posted so well and beautifully by Libran added by the missing pieces in Gunjan’s character posted by Shwets ....perfectly agree with the fresh change. 

Now only wish there is no climax with the misunderstandings getting cleared up for YoJan and Pari again being a friend and just a friend, if Pari develops feelings for Yogi and Yogi gets to c her more than a friend. If there is future for YoJan , it’s now or never. Gunjan has her mother and bro’s support. Could have met Yogi in person and cleared up the mess. Could have decided to go ahead with him. Just showing up your emotions and putting up at home with sadness won’t help u out. 

Edited by allizzwell - 4 years ago

i guess Pari's character will only be justified when they pair her against Yogi. Or else i see no reason for a side kick character of Pari.

Edited by caraj4u - 4 years ago

Originally posted by serious

• lets not hope that much, its an Indian TV Show that too Sony - TRP matters. Sony has a habit of pulling plug on shows with just a week or 2 notice, if the ratings aren't good. I used to watch Prtihvi Vallabh, Ek Duje ke vaaste, Yeh Moh moh ke dhaage - all shows closed prematurely.

infact i like the shows which end in few months, leaving you with feel-good moments, unlike shows which you follow religiously and they get so annoying that you stop watching them and then swear to never watch the same production house show again. That is the reason i stopped watching balaji shows, which we all know how they unfold after few months.

Yogi has had a sheltered life but he has been treated as a equal in the family. I love when Prakash tells "Sun, Yogi" though he knows Yogi can't hear. Yogi's disabilities have been kept in the back seat. For Gunjan, Shiv constantly reminds her that she can t speak. He becomes emotional in front of her and doesn't give the strength to fight the societal norms. That fB account thing was ridiculous. Shiv fears the society. 

Cvs can make Pari sacrificial. They can turn this story anyway Lol Currently I want Pari yo be a great support system to Yogi and in turn the family acknowledging this friendship. Letting Pari become part of family and then later bringing Pari's family into the picture. 

Yes, i know, everything is up to the creatives. Pari is the way she is, because she has never felt love, nor she has seen a family. People like Pari, when they get both, can change completely - 360 degree turn.

Gunjan's wedding - i don't know man. If it will happen or not. And Seema ji slapping that Chaddha won't go down well with him either - which goes on to show what is in store for Gunjan, if she gets married in that family.