Kartik Aaryan to romance Alia Bhatt in SLB’s Gangubai?

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Kartik Aaryan to romance Alia Bhatt in SLB’s Gangubai?

For the past few days, it has been speculated that Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Alia Bhatt are all set to collaborate with each other for his much-anticipated movie Gangubai. 

It’s been more than a month, since Bollywood’s Bhaijaan Salman Khan announced his one of the most-anticipated movies’ getting shelved indefinitely. Yes! We are talking about Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Inshallah, which also starred Alia Bhatt in the lead role. Ever since the heartbreaking news, various entertainment portals were a buzz with speculations of actors Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan replacing Salman as the lead. 

Along with Inshallah getting a new male lead, there have also been rumours that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is all set to work with Alia on another one of his ambitious projects – Gangubai. Earlier, SLB was keen on making the movie with Priyanka Chopra Jonas, but looks like he has changed his mind. 

Alia had confirmed the news of working with the 56-year-old filmmaker at the IIFA Awards. She said, “I was very excited to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, of course very excited to work with Salman as well. I believe that sometimes things just happen and it’s not in your control. That way there’s a saying that if you want to make God laugh then tell him about your plans because plans never really go as per plan. But I can give it you in writing that I am going to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali very soon.” 

Well, any Bollywood movie is incomplete without a male lead! And if recent reports from Mumbai Mirror are to be believed, Kartik Aaryan is being considered for the same. The Pyaar Ka Punchnama actor has been spotted at Sanjay Leela Bhansali's office which has added fuel to these rumours.

Gangubai is based on a chapter from Hussain Zaidi’s novel, Mafia Queens of Mumbai. The film primarily focuses on Gangubai Kothewali, the matriarch of Kamathipura.

Stay tuned for more updates!