Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

For that matter, we got to hear about his grandmother for the very first time last week. So she was up and around while his mother was being abused too. I wonder what kind of mother/grandmother was she. šŸ¤”

Ufh! My heart breaks when I think of all the women who suffered and cried in that Haveli. For three generations, it has seen women being oppressed and abused. First HS' mother, then Imarti, then in some respects Babita.

This is why I think Minnie means SO MUCH to HS & the legacy he himself wants to leave behind. Yes, there were a lot of hurdles in mother-daughters' lives, but they still overcame them all. They went against society, family and so called friends and demanded to have their own right to live. Minnie is everything that HS as a child wanted to be but never could. When she stepped into the house, I truly think that the future of that Haveli changed as well. Minnie brings along with her a new generation of thinking, resilience and courage. Yes, familial relationships are important, but not at the cost of one's self-respect, and definitely not of their life. In a way, it's like HS himself is getting a rebirth. To become the person he had always wanted to be but never got the chance to.

Word... this is exactly what he wants and why he is so shattered. It's as if he woke up from a beautiful dream and crash landed back on earth. 

When you say Imarti and in some respects Babita, what do you mean? Was she abused and oppressed here? 

For that matter was Imarti abused? I thought she put an end to it before it even began on her wedding night. She had a loving marriage with HS, didn't she?

I think we are getting bits and pieces of info about his family because there's defo going to be a track dedicated to that. I'm quite interested in it to be honest, and to see how far they take HS' penance, to the point where his guilt and sense of obligation cripples him and sends him into a bottomless pit. I frankly do not see Babita being able to prevent that at this stage, and neither can Minnie. 

He already looks like the light's gone out of his life. I watched the wedding episode again when Minnie is remember all the moments with HS - it was so touching to relive their journey! It also made his silence and lack of interaction with Minnie all the more painful to watch. I can only imagine to what extent he had internalized his pain and shock, and continues to do so today. 

It is ironic that the MInnie who HS is looking at as a harbinger of change and end to women's tears in his haveli/family legacy is the one who's going to be shedding a lot of them. Man, it will destroy HS when he finds out and I hope he does before it's too late. She's at the precipice right now. 

By the way, I also went back and watched episode 105 where Minnie breaks down in front of HS after Ashok is arrested. I had not paid attention to the backstory so much when I had first watched it a few months ago. I just thought he was emotional seeing Minnie like that, but now that I know more about his history it all makes so much more sense why he was so affected seeing her like that. She had the courage to ask to put Ashok in jail later on when Ashok got out of hand but HS took no legal action against his father. He still felt the same angst Minnie did when thinking of his father as a criminal. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

I am watching episode 169 where Minnie has a severe pain in her stomach. Man that scene between HS and Minnie is just amazing, made me cry again šŸ˜­. 

The scene between Hanita when Minnie is inside the doctor's room... the way Babita holds on to HS's arms hearing Minnie scream, and the way HS holds her by her shoulders in the next moment, man I just want that Hanita back šŸ˜­

We saw glimpses of that Hanita when HS held Babita by the shoulders as she had her outburst with the Khuranas, but this time with full authority and no hesitation. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: inlieu

We saw glimpses of that Hanita when HS held Babita by the shoulders as she had her outburst with the Khuranas, but this time with full authority and no hesitation. 

Yeah we did, but the next day they are back to square one šŸ™„... I donā€™t understand this inconsistency. Writers have lost it. 

inlieu thumbnail

Yeah we did, but the next day they are back to square one šŸ™„... I donā€™t understand this inconsistency. Writers have lost it. 

I think in order to justify Minnie's angst they opened up too many threads at once and aren't able to weave them together well. 

YoungHeart thumbnail

I think in order to justify Minnie's angst they opened up too many threads at once and aren't able to weave them together well. 

Yeah they should have shown us at least a happy wedding where both HS and Babita are happy to be getting married. They could have brought up Minnieā€™s angst and insecurities after the wedding was over, but they just killed it with bringing so much drama before and during the wedding. 

inlieu thumbnail

Yeah they should have shown us at least a happy wedding where both HS and Babita are happy to be getting married. They could have brought up Minnieā€™s angst and insecurities after the wedding was over, but they just killed it with bringing so much drama before and during the wedding. 

The PB team keeps saying they are giving a positive message to society about widowed or divorced people getting second chances in life, but with the fiasco the wedding turned out to be, it will only serve as a deterrent.

YoungHeart thumbnail

Episode 177 - Babitaā€™s realization of her feelings for HS, and her tadap ,song dedication, Babita missing HS terribly. Another great episode and brilliantly depicted šŸ˜Š. 

When Babita says ā€œMinnie ke Hanuman uncle nahi hai toh koi party nahi hogiā€ awww 

Also, when Babita says ā€œkoi yesa khaas thodi na anewala haiā€. I want Babita to dress up for HS 

YoungHeart thumbnail

The PB team keeps saying they are giving a positive message to society about widowed or divorced people getting second chances in life, but with the fiasco the wedding turned out to be, it will only serve as a deterrent.

Exactly. How was that a positive message? Itna drama kiya.... Itna depressing shaadi maine kabhi nahi dekha šŸ™„

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Word... this is exactly what he wants and why he is so shattered. It's as if he woke up from a beautiful dream and crash landed back on earth. 

When you say Imarti and in some respects Babita, what do you mean? Was she abused and oppressed here? 

For that matter was Imarti abused? I thought she put an end to it before it even began on her wedding night. She had a loving marriage with HS, didn't she?

I think we are getting bits and pieces of info about his family because there's defo going to be a track dedicated to that. I'm quite interested in it to be honest, and to see how far they take HS' penance, to the point where his guilt and sense of obligation cripples him and sends him into a bottomless pit. I frankly do not see Babita being able to prevent that at this stage, and neither can Minnie. 

He already looks like the light's gone out of his life. I watched the wedding episode again when Minnie is remember all the moments with HS - it was so touching to relive their journey! It also made his silence and lack of interaction with Minnie all the more painful to watch. I can only imagine to what extent he had internalized his pain and shock, and continues to do so today. 

It is ironic that the MInnie who HS is looking at as a harbinger of change and end to women's tears in his haveli/family legacy is the one who's going to be shedding a lot of them. Man, it will destroy HS when he finds out and I hope he does before it's too late. She's at the precipice right now. 

By the way, I also went back and watched episode 105 where Minnie breaks down in front of HS after Ashok is arrested. I had not paid attention to the backstory so much when I had first watched it a few months ago. I just thought he was emotional seeing Minnie like that, but now that I know more about his history it all makes so much more sense why he was so affected seeing her like that. She had the courage to ask to put Ashok in jail later on when Ashok got out of hand but HS took no legal action against his father. He still felt the same angst Minnie did when thinking of his father as a criminal.

When I was talking about suffering and crying in relation to Imarti and Babita, it wasn't in terms of them being abused. Rather for Imarti, it was her suffering from her illness and then eventually dying as a result of it. And for Babita, it's a lot of things. Breaking free from the shackles of her past marriage, crying her heart out after Ashok verbally raped her in court, and slowly shedding the old Babita so that she can finally become the person she was always meant to be.

I would love to see a whole track dedicated to HS again. But this time I want a balance of the two women helping him out, not one monopolizing everything while the other runs away.

He needs to talk to Minnie soon, that too, one on one. I know this won't happen, but I would hate to see him lock away the pain and turmoil he feels as a result of their recent fallout.

In a weird way, it's as if he's taking on their combined tears for himself. Just so that they don't cry, he'll shed them himself.

Is this the same scene where he had told her, "Veer Balika hai tu par itni bhi veer na ban"? I would love for him to say something similar again. She's almost 18, but she's still just a child. She doesn't have to be a mother anymore or take on the world for her Babes' sake. She can just be herself and she never has to feel like Babes is slipping away from her. He will never let that happen and if he ever gets a hint it might, he'll prevent it. Also, this is why no one will ever be a better father to Minnie, than HS. No one can understand her better than he does. It's strange in a way too, since their lives are so different to each other, but the experiences they've had are so similar that even without speaking, they just know how the other is feeling.

I would love to do another re-watch soon and see how the initial episodes hold up now that we know so much about them.

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

When I was talking about suffering and crying in relation to Imarti and Babita, it wasn't in terms of them being abused. Rather for Imarti, it was her suffering from her illness and then eventually dying as a result of it. And for Babita, it's a lot of things. Breaking free from the shackles of her past marriage, crying her heart out after Ashok verbally raped her in court, and slowly shedding the old Babita so that she can finally become the person she was always meant to be.

I would love to see a whole track dedicated to HS again. But this time I want a balance of the two women helping him out, not one monopolizing everything while the other runs away.

He needs to talk to Minnie soon, that too, one on one. I know this won't happen, but I would hate to see him lock away the pain and turmoil he feels as a result of their recent fallout.

In a weird way, it's as if he's taking on their combined tears for himself. Just so that they don't cry, he'll shed them himself.

Is this the same scene where he had told her, "Veer Balika hai tu par itni bhi veer na ban"? I would love for him to say something similar again. She's almost 18, but she's still just a child. She doesn't have to be a mother anymore or take on the world for her Babes' sake. She can just be herself and she never has to feel like Babes is slipping away from her. He will never let that happen and if he ever gets a hint it might, he'll prevent it. Also, this is why no one will ever be a better father to Minnie, than HS. No one can understand her better than he does. It's strange in a way too, since their lives are so different to each other, but the experiences they've had are so similar that even without speaking, they just know how the other is feeling.

I would love to do another re-watch soon and see how the initial episodes hold up now that we know so much about them.

Oh yes, I understand what you mean now about Imarti and Babita. I would also love to see a track about HS and his mother? What about you? I don't see Babita ready to help him anytime soon but at least she can't run away this time. 

Yes, he's taking on the burden for both women, partly for his penance and partly for his promise to himself. I don't think he knows it yet but he'll fail Minnie here because her issues run too deep and he isn't by her side to detect them and help her. 

He needs to stop controlling his fatherly instincts and let it come out naturally so that Minnie can feel assured he will always be there for her, ready whenever she is, as her Hanuman Uncle. Perhaps exploring the father label is best left out for now. Yes, they now each other in a way no one else can but they need to keep learning more and more, and while HS wasn't a part of her past, he needs to make sure he's part of her present and future. 

I am always in awe of the writing, especially because when you watch the old episodes, the writing and the performances seem to fall in line but it's just that you see more meaning there than you first did because you know more of the backstory. Phenomenal writing, I must say!

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago