Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: munnihyderabad

hahahahah we all can so see that and you  are incredible with the surgical precision of your scalpel ... I read it again .. and I am speechless still ...  

Again, you are too kind. 

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Perfect! 

RR let her take the lead but matched her with his expressions conveying forced malice and hidden longing. 

Then at last the mask slipped...and RB ceased trying to hold it close to his face. One of ITV's greatest scenes.

Indeed.

I think I am going to binge on the RB indifference phase of KZK after my exams. Would love to discuss a few scenes with you then. I hope you'll have the time.. 😅

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: aryapdane

Indeed.

I think I am going to binge on the RB indifference phase of KZK after my exams. Would love to discuss a few scenes with you then. I hope you'll have the time.. 😅

Sure. 😁

Annu8193 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3pr628ABZg/?igshid=bmg2qj84riqq

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

Parivar awards.... Ab vo maze ni star awards mein...😆

DoNotMessWithMe thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

This piece has been saved in my laptop from sometime now and I have finally mustered the courage to share it.

Every shape of sin makes virtue praise

Or.. A love letter to Rishabh Bajaj.

With the end of the inglorious reprise of Rishabh Bajaj, I couldn't help but revisit the original portrayal in an attempt to heal my broken heart and I have realised one thing. While Karan Singh Grover's Bajaj has my heart, Ronit Roy's Bajaj has my soul. I think I handed it to him the moment he walked into that hotel lobby in a purple suit that must have had the Joker running to the nearest police station to file a complaint of theft. Perhaps it has to do with my predilection for pain and angst that I always end up rooting for the guy most unlikely to get the girl. Perhaps it has to do with my need to cry with someone to feel closer to them and Rishabh Bajaj has made me cry, both with him and for him. But even as I write this, a part of me wonders if Bajaj was really the guy who was most unlikely to get the girl.

In hindsight, it is pretty clear that Prerna and Bajaj were more 'made for each other' than Anurag and Prerna could ever be. Bajaj from the first minute on screen, is class personified. He wears his entitlement like a finely tailored suit. His refusal to take no for an answer for what he wants, the casual manipulation he employs to acquire the statue he likes, speaks two things about him: that he is a man who grabbed an opportunity to realise his dreams and didn't let go until he carved an empire out for himself and he doesn't hide from his ambitious and selfish nature. He is completely at ease with himself and that ease increases his acceptability to us manifolds. Not to mention the fact that everything about him is an extension of his power. He could forbid the sun from rising and the world would stop rotating on its axis to accommodate his wish. Only a man that powerful can be with a woman who knows her worth and has built a life for herself without anyone's help.

What appeals to me about season 1 or what amuses me rather, is the juxtaposition of the two men in Prerna's life. Anurag Basu appears to be a man without any vices. He is good natured, honest, kind, respectful, selfless and every other thing ( you name it. Sab hain bande k paas). Bajaj, on the other hand is selfish, manipulative, materialistic, cold and uncaring. And when the expected response to choosing between these two men should have been picking the God-like Anurag, the man with the flaws clearly steals the show (pun intended).

And this brings me to the reason for writing this post. Rishabh Bajaj's vices are more loved than Anurag Basu's virtues.

It might be because of Ronit Roy. His acting prowess is undoubtedly the biggest factor behind Bajaj's success. The way he emoted through his eyes; the gravitas, the intensity he brought on screen, his good looks and that dreamy baritone voice, all contributed to breathing life into Bajaj. It is impossible to look away from him when he is on screen. Or it might just be because we are all guilty of having the same vices as him to some extent or the other. Or it might be because most of his vices can be considered virtues when viewed with context. Or it might just be because India was tired of watching Gary Stus on their TV screens and Bajaj came as a breath of fresh air. 

Over the course of the show his character grows instead of remaining stagnant. We start with this selfish, ruthless man who doesn't see anything beyond his own desires and happiness. Someone who has the power to make and unmake the world according to his whims and wishes and doesn't shy away from using it. What's more, he doesn't hesitate from breaking the rules of morality to have his will done. He is cold to the point of appearing callous. He is in control of his emotions and doesn't let his emotions control him. He is manipulative and has a deep understanding how human beings behave in a given situation. And that is what makes him so formidable. He employs the nature of his opponents against themselves. He always stacks the deck in his favour. He doesn't enter a battle he can't win. 

One virtue of his however makes all his vices disappear (at least in my eyes). His ability to love Prerna despite the lack of reciprocation on her part. His love for her is so unconditional, so free of judgement that it's difficult not to root for him. Prerna's presence in his life propels his character arc. She tempers his coldness and draws out the innate goodness in him. She teaches him to be selfless to the point that the same man who had demolished her paradise with his Prerna ji and main aapka dost hoon despite loving her, puts her happiness before his own and decides to let her go. (Although by that point she's unwilling to let him go). He, on the other hand makes her a stronger women then she was on her own, gives her his unwavering support and fights for her happiness. Their love for each other helps them in growing as people and therefore, their love story will always be more compelling to watch than watching two perfect characters facing the trials of life together.

If only Mata felt the same though...🙄

How I missed this fantabulous post of yours? 

You write amazingly well and your writing shows how much you understood the character called RB. 

I have just one thing to say. 

I'm at IF from 2005 and s1 admirer, RB/PRB fan 

But no one just no one wrote like this in last 15 years of my kzk n RB journey. 

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Indeed.

I am for that phase any day 😆

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Annu8193

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

Parivar awards.... Ab vo maze ni star awards mein...😆

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA this got to be one of the hilarious bit on SPA 🤣🤣🤣 

Annu8193 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8PE68wgZEd/?igshid=6lklbpion9br

Ajkal yeh gana trend me hai....👌👌

Thodi jagah de de mujhe...

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Annu8193

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣