Bajaj shouldn't be grey

Nostalgia3997 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

After this "accident", Bajaj can seriously not be considered a grey character. He deals with Anurag with zero empathy, despite all the pain he has willingly caused him. It's one thing to destroy someone's business, but to coerce their fiance into marrying them and then revealing they're the new mother to a special needs child, then to take over their house knowing fully well that their mental health is in shambles after the trauma they've been through is especially heartless. Putting all those things aside even, he "accidentally" injured Anurag because he was overcome with road rage. Whether there's intent or not if Anurag dies, that will be termed involuntary manslaughter and in a fair world, he would be imprisoned because of it. What is especially offensive is that his lame explanation for what he did is accepted by Prerna. After that maha episode, after the way she ran toward Anurag when she knew he was injured and the way she faced Shivani's cruel proclamations of her guilt, I really thought she would do the right thing. But once again, she's allowing Bajaj to be wantonly cruel and going along with it because he provides a flimsy explanation for it. The deterioration of her character upsets me because when she came in her badass avatar to claim her rights as Anurag's wife I was glad to see some character progression. But all of that is just put to shame with the way she behaved in today's episode and frankly a lot of the episodes since she married Bajaj. I want to and did sympathize with her for a while because she had no one to confide in and everyone was blaming her for the state of things, but after a point of time even I can't stand it. I'm sick of seeing a FL so helpless, torn between the man who blackmailed her into marriage and the actual love of her life and constantly being blamed for everything no matter who is actually at fault, especially when her own family trashes her. I'm sick of seeing a pretty good actor like KSG being demeaned by this pathetic characterization that's neither here nor there. Just make him a villain and let him shine at one thing rather than doing this grey thing poorly. I'm sick of the torture us AnuPre fans have gone through after being made to fall in love with a pair of actors, characters and a story that we really thought could be something beautiful. If Naveen Babu, Komolika, Ronit and nearly every other negative character in this show couldn't come between AnuPre, what qualifies Bajaj to do so? He wasn't in the show from the start. The CVs spent a whole year building AnuPre to be a beloved lead pair, so why does Bajaj get to find reciprocity in his feelings even if he develops them? You simply can't add a character along the way and act like we should root for them instead. It baffles me  And yet despite all those feelings, I'm still here watching this show hoping it's still redeemable. I suppose that's the Kasauti of my life now. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enlightened21 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nostalgia3997

After this "accident", Bajaj can seriously not be considered a grey character. He deals with Anurag with zero empathy, despite all the pain he has willingly caused him. It's one thing to destroy someone's business, but to coerce their fiance into marrying them and then revealing they're the new mother to a special needs child, then to take over their house knowing fully well that their mental health is in shambles after the trauma they've been through is especially heartless. Putting all those things aside even, he "accidentally" injured Anurag because he was overcome with road rage. Whether there's intent or not if Anurag dies, that will be termed involuntary manslaughter and in a fair world, he would be imprisoned because of it. What is especially offensive is that his lame explanation for what he did is accepted by Prerna. After that maha episode, after the way she ran toward Anurag when she knew he was injured and the way she faced Shivani's cruel proclamations of her guilt, I really thought she would do the right thing. But once again, she's allowing Bajaj to be wantonly cruel and going along with it because he provides a flimsy explanation for it. The deterioration of her character upsets me because when she came in her badass avatar to claim her rights as Anurag's wife I was glad to see some character progression. But all of that is just put to shame with the way she behaved in today's episode and frankly a lot of the episodes since she married Bajaj. I want to and did sympathize with her for a while because she had no one to confide in and everyone was blaming her for the state of things, but after a point of time even I can't stand it. I'm sick of seeing a FL so helpless, torn between the man who blackmailed her into marriage and the actual love of her life and constantly being blamed for everything no matter who is actually at fault, especially when her own family trashes her. I'm sick of seeing a pretty good actor like KSG being demeaned by this pathetic characterization that's neither here nor there. Just make him a villain and let him shine at one thing rather than doing this grey thing poorly. I'm sick of the torture us AnuPre fans have gone through after being made to fall in love with a pair of actors, characters and a story that we really thought could be something beautiful. If Naveen Babu, Komolika, Ronit and nearly every other negative character in this show couldn't come between AnuPre, what qualifies Bajaj to do so? He wasn't in the show from the start. The CVs spent a whole year building AnuPre to be a beloved lead pair, so why does Bajaj get to find reciprocity in his feelings even if he develops them? You simply can't add a character along the way and act like we should root for them instead. It baffles me  And yet despite all those feelings, I'm still here watching this show hoping it's still redeemable. I suppose that's the Kasauti of my life now. 

Bold - Whenever i am reminded of Padmaavat, the first character that comes into my mind is Alauddin Khilji and RS who portrayed him beautifully with all its ugliness. And he got more accolades for the same than any of his heroic characters. That is what is called an actor's caliber. Same goes for Sanjay Sir who still now never let us forget Naveen Babu. So, playing a negative character in no way demeans an actor. And KSG in his introductory scenes had proved that he too can portray negative shades easily. So, i don't think it is because of the actor. It is just for EK's arrogancy & ego that Bajaj is now made to sail in two boats. Which in no way is helping anyone including EK herself. Anyway let's wait & watch to see what will be the result of falling TRPs.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Wonderful post..n thx for accepting that the characrerization of bajaj is pathetic. If prerna is such  a devi and Mamta ki moorat, why Cant she accept bajaj the way he is? Cold and ruthless? Why change him Nd whitewash him ? That is true love..

Edited by _charu_ - 4 years ago
falah5 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The CVs spent a whole year building AnuPre to be a beloved lead pair, so why does Bajaj get to find reciprocity in his feelings even if he develops them? You simply can't add a character along the way and act like we should root for them instead

The only justification as of now is because s1 Bajaj was so and so, s1 was about prejaj having a stable married life, it's like ingrained in viewers. 

Funny thing is even writers taking it for like it's an understood thing so viewers will/have to accept prejaj. 

It was a ROFL moment when prerna was  screaming at shivani about bajaj being misunderstood as ruthless just because he speaks less.. 

It's like she was speaking of character sketch of Bajaj as scripted on paper.. But a neutral viewer with no idea of s1 will not relate 

Of course same goes with the "soul mates" thing of anupre, it's just on paper and leads mouthing that but it doesn't translate onscreen.. 

Audience are supposed to accept they are soul mates not meant to b together just because s1 perfectly portrayed that 

Not to mention S1 anurag was spineless and that gives a free pass for people to tag s2 anurag as spineless. 

Edited by falah5 - 4 years ago
SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You simply can't add a character along the way and act like we should root for them instead. It baffles me  And yet despite all those feelings, I'm still here watching this show hoping it's still redeemable. I suppose that's the Kasauti of my life now. 

Great post...Its a long read, but still very simple and crisp at the same time.

@Bold: I think that's the main issue that Ek and others don't seem to get. Yes some might have not gotten attached to Anu or Pre or Anupre, but the fact remains, the show went on for 9 whole months without breaking this pairs love for each other and we went through all their kausauties along with them. Not everyone would jump ship just because a new hot dude is on the horizon. Emotions and attachments matter to a good amount of people and characters matter too. 

So its Ok for the makers to play with our emotions and expect us to happily watch them cater to a whole new set of audience? Whether one admits or not, the show ran thus far due to us too...we spent our time and emotions on the show for nearly a year....and now we deserve to be played with and shouldn't even complain because it might hurt the feelings of the new audiences. 

And EK's Do I CARE, NOOOO..What was that?....Her thank you for popularizing her show and her jodi for nearly a year along with them? Arey itna dum hey tho, they would have let Anurag go by now and would have made a good clean cut so Bajaj and Pre jodi would not have Anurag hanging over them like an unshakable shadow....Don't spout troll worthy bakwas just because you feel superior to us when you can't back it with action......Sorry but your cool business shark became a phuski shark with no teeth and an A grade coward who can't even face his own actions. Seems like you bit off more than you can chew, with playing every trick in the book to make Anupre fans feel they might not be together, but no third person would come between their love with the blessing of every diety you can think of....Now you have no idea how to wean off TRP audiance out of Anurag and Anupre....LOL...

Nostalgia3997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: grace4317

Bold - Whenever i am reminded of Padmaavat, the first character that comes into my mind is Alauddin Khilji and RS who portrayed him beautifully with all its ugliness. And he got more accolades for the same than any of his heroic characters. That is what is called an actor's caliber. Same goes for Sanjay Sir who still now never let us forget Naveen Babu. So, playing a negative character in no way demeans an actor. And KSG in his introductory scenes had proved that he too can portray negative shades easily. So, i don't think it is because of the actor. It is just for EK's arrogancy & ego that Bajaj is now made to sail in two boats. Which in no way is helping anyone including EK herself. Anyway let's wait & watch to see what will be the result of falling TRPs.

I definitely agree with you in that bold part. And that's exactly what I'm saying too. Let him be negative. Ronit is gone, Naveen Babu too, Komolika as well so far and Maasi and Tanvi are along the same lines as Mohini and Nivedita, not out and out villains, just love and greed ruling their actions. Bajaj can make a good villain, we loved the way he came on to the show, portrayed as a ruthless businessman. But these days he's doing less business and more immature, squabbling at home with Anurag. And him and Prerna just keep having the same fight about communication and trust. I enjoyed the maha episode and AnuPre reconnecting in a measured way once again. But seeing Bajaj kind of crumble and not be clear doesn't make sense with how he was introduced and portrayed to us. And if somehow it comes out that he was actually plotting Anurag's death and he genuinely made that move to hurt him, well that's a move I would respect. Because it gives his character direction. He goes on saying that he's always one step ahead of his enemies and his business rivals so I have a hard time believing he lost control in any of these situations. He always seems confused these days. I would love to see him just own up to it and just be evil. That would be so much more fun to watch. And I think he can have the same respect for doing that role so well the way we appreciate Sanjay sir even now.  

Nostalgia3997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

Wonderful post..n thx for accepting that the characrerization of bajaj is pathetic. If prerna is such  a devi and Mamta ki moorat, why Cant she accept bajaj the way he is? Cold and ruthless? Why change him Nd whitewash him ? That is true love..

To be fair, I don't think it's Prerna trying to whitewash him. The CVs dancing on Ekta's ishaare are obviously unable to just let Bajaj be either evil or nice. They want all the fans to stick around so they're flip flopping about but the show can't continue like this no. Bajaj now needs to pick a side. Either he's a shark or he's a dolphin. He can't be both. 

euphoric thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Well echoed!

The writers dont wanna come out of the s1 influence even after strongly establishing anupre. They r nt realizing tht they cant sail on two boats. When on one side u promise a soulmate love story u can't hv a third man coming and taking over the place of a heart's desire. 

Even i dont understand y makers r so scared of making bajaj negative. Bigger stars like Amitabh Bachahn, Shah rukh khan, Akshay Kumar hv played negative characters and hv stolen the show. Darr n bazigar r too remembered for Shahrukh khan. Isn't tht an actor's victory? I am sure if ksg is negative as bajaj he'll do n awesome job as he is a very fine actor. Every actor will get to play their individual wavelengths n will do justice rather than these confused portrayals where they go so out of sync tht audience dont know whom they r watching anymore.

Nostalgia3997 thumbnail

Originally posted by: falah5

The CVs spent a whole year building AnuPre to be a beloved lead pair, so why does Bajaj get to find reciprocity in his feelings even if he develops them? You simply can't add a character along the way and act like we should root for them instead

The only justification as of now is because s1 Bajaj was so and so, s1 was about prejaj having a stable married life, it's like ingrained in viewers. 

Funny thing is even writers taking it for like it's an understood thing so viewers will/have to accept prejaj. 

It was a ROFL moment when prerna was  screaming at shivani about bajaj being misunderstood as ruthless just because he speaks less.. 

It's like she was speaking of character sketch of Bajaj as scripted on paper.. But a neutral viewer with no idea of s1 will not relate 

Of course same goes with the "soul mates" thing of anupre, it's just on paper and leads mouthing that but it doesn't translate onscreen.. 

Audience are supposed to accept they are soul mates not meant to b together just because s1 perfectly portrayed that 

Not to mention S1 anurag was spineless and that gives a free pass for people to tag s2 anurag as spineless. 

It still bothers me that CVs keep trying to make season 1 happen again despite the fact that this is a new season with so many elements and storylines that are so different this time around. After changing all that, you can't expect that old stuff to fit in this already new narrative. I do think it's fair to say until Prerna got married to Bajaj, AnuPre was portrayed well enough as soulmates. I still believe they are but I can see what they're trying to do by making Bajaj start to feel something for Prerna and for her to defend him to Shivani. I'm just not liking it. And I think from the falling TRPs, it's fair to say others don't either. This time Anurag has been shown better and different, atleast at the start of the show. Remember all the interviews and Star Plus posts about Anurag, the pure, clean hero, the consummate good boy. They should seriously stick to that. I do like that they're giving him more complex emotions to deal with and we really saw him grapple with these toxic feelings in the Swiss and post-swiss tracks but I especially like that he is coming back to himself since the maha episode. I love seeing AnuPre come back to each other despite the odds and really don't want to see them further deteriorate just because Ekta and company are determined to make money off our misery

euphoric thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I definitely agree with you in that bold part. And that's exactly what I'm saying too. Let him be negative. Ronit is gone, Naveen Babu too, Komolika as well so far and Maasi and Tanvi are along the same lines as Mohini and Nivedita, not out and out villains, just love and greed ruling their actions. Bajaj can make a good villain, we loved the way he came on to the show, portrayed as a ruthless businessman. But these days he's doing less business and more immature, squabbling at home with Anurag. And him and Prerna just keep having the same fight about communication and trust. I enjoyed the maha episode and AnuPre reconnecting in a measured way once again. But seeing Bajaj kind of crumble and not be clear doesn't make sense with how he was introduced and portrayed to us. And if somehow it comes out that he was actually plotting Anurag's death and he genuinely made that move to hurt him, well that's a move I would respect. Because it gives his character direction. He goes on saying that he's always one step ahead of his enemies and his business rivals so I have a hard time believing he lost control in any of these situations. He always seems confused these days. I would love to see him just own up to it and just be evil. That would be so much more fun to watch. And I think he can have the same respect for doing that role so well the way we appreciate Sanjay sir even now.  

More importantly the story will gt a certain definite direction too. He was introduced ruthless so let him be. Y try to make him what he is not and tht to at the expense of the FL. I will love to see him evil too. 

Right now to get prerna and bajaj story, they r butchering all the characters. Point is why force in a love story when it doesnt make sense. Can it not be tht bajaj acquired pre for whatever reasons is now getting obsessed with her? Can it not be tht he want to get pre to win anu's challenge? Can it not be tht he uses pre to hurt anu? All of tht will fit in the plo but love story... Tht will kill prerna and the essence of a soulmate love story forever. Leave alone the msgs tht this show is giving.