Sept 5th: Yeh Jeevan Hai

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

*Sigh* The simple poignance of the scenes in this show undoes me again and again. Upar se they used such a lovely classic song on the H-M-B scene on the terrace that my heart is just full right now. 

Mini kheench kheench ke le hi aayi apni Babes and Hanuman Uncle ko saath mein terrace pe....lol itna pyara baccha she is, trying to give them opportunities to interact when no one else, including they themselves are thinking about it😆.....

And co-incidence dekho....aakhir Brahm Mahurat mein hi mile HS-Babita...ekdum subah subah 😆....best mahurat as Micky said yesterday.....LOLL

There is a purity in the air that early in the morning and I suppose that was the ideal backdrop for our old school couple to meet.....HS stayed up all night patiently by himself on the balcony...aww....lol and I liked how they timed him praying towards the Gurudwara just before he turns to see Babita.....everything had a sense of divine blessing to it in that moment.

Another moment I liked was when Mini tries to leave and Babita doesn't let her....lol and then gives HS a look ki you support me and tell Mini she's wrong.....haha and HS ji gives in to milaao haan mein haan for Makaanmalkin ji.....the whole situation was this adorable mix of shyness and awkwardness for them.....lol.

And then came the song.....so beautifully picturized....firstly the song itself, every part of the lyrics is a gem....brilliant song choice from the makers as always.....such a sweet backdrop....a Mini watching HS-Babita talk, a soft smile of contentment on her lips as if seeing them together makes her dream of family whole...."Yeh Jeevan hai...is jeevan ka....yehi hai, yehi hai rang roop".....just as she drifts off to sleep, her Hanuman Uncle appears instantly to cushion her head as it droops....and Babita walks over to soothingly pat Mini's head as well....before gradually placing her own head on Mini's shoulder and drifting off to sleep....what a picture perfect visual❤️......and the lyrics in the bg so amazingly apt....."Dhan se na duniya se, ghar se na dwaar se....saanson ki dor bandhi hai, pritam ke pyar se".....these three in that moment, so interlinked to each other.....they form that love together....that visual epitomized that feeling....

What a beautifully pure image they form....like a drop of dew early in the morning....despite all the dark days they've seen, together, they form this pure, untarnished image of love, of family. 

The thought process behind envisioning and executing this scene.....hats off to the team for that👏

And then there was part two....closure of the "live in sin" angle....Babita finally got the ability to push back against the cheap insinuations thrown her way for so long.....and boy did she push back in magnificent fashion. 

What really took my heart in the end though was the way she said, "Woh MERA ghar hai...."....what that means to a woman who's spent so much of her life with her in-laws....it's just never the same feeling....to be able to now stake a claim on HER home....on HER terms.....this means so very much to Babita....it shone right there in her eyes.....as she pushed back with all her might....explaining why that's her home....that's where she feels comfortable and that's where she'll live no matter what people want to think.  

And then oh so softly, she turns to HS and says, "Chalein? apne ghar"?....and with a soft smile he responds...."Bilkul ji....aap makaan-maalkin ho....woh AAP hi ka toh ghar hai".....Haaye HS ji, why so amazingly sweet?❤️ What he gave her in that moment was another sense of homecoming....unequivocally submitting his home to her.....making it THEIR home....without needing a ritual to legitimize it.....

And the pride on his face as he walks behind mother-daughter with a smile as they walk out.....it said everything.....he was so very proud of Babita for sticking up for her convictions, on her terms....and choosing THEIR home. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Love this post!

You have touched upon everything that was running through my mind in terms of the divine connection, the symbolic imagery used etc.

I'm just gonna write down some bullet points before I lose my thoughts completely.

- HS requesting Babita to give him a moment while he runs to help Minnie from getting hurt - callback to how Minnie will always come first and how deep his love runs for the child

- Minnie resting her head on HS as he's a strong support for her, while Babes rests her head on Minnie as she's her pillar

- HS looking at Babita from across; they're sitting apart but they're still connected via Minnie and the love he has for her isn't going to diminish anytime soon

Live in sin: ever since our convo yesterday, I wanted Babita to enter the Haveli on HER terms and she did it so fabulously today!

P.S. imma steal one of your trio caps :P

Cinnamon_Kisses thumbnail

Yes they met in bramha mahurat which is a really auspicious time. He was praying before seeing her plus he had waited whole night. Here symbolism strikes again. Hanuman has been through a lot of dark and lonely nights, Babita and Minnie are the answers to his prayers. 

I really have no words to describe how I felt seeing 'yeh jeevan hai'. It's an experience. My favorite bit was when they captured Hanuman and babita's conversation. It was so private. 

Giving a befitting reply to lovely was the need of the moment. I really got pissed when lovely said 'Aapne kiska mann rakha bhabhi' and 'control nahi hota kya aapse'... Babita kept it to the point and meaningful. I was so happy when she said 'woh mera ghar hai' because in the previous episode she had said 'bahuein toh hoti hi paraai hai'. She is so secure emotionally because of Hanuman's efforts. When Hanuman walked behind her proudly, I felt like saying 'Thaanedaar saahab abhi toh aapki lugaai ka phull phorm mein aanaa baaki hai'. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Love this post!

You have touched upon everything that was running through my mind in terms of the divine connection, the symbolic imagery used etc.

I'm just gonna write down some bullet points before I lose my thoughts completely.

- HS requesting Babita to give him a moment while he runs to help Minnie from getting hurt - callback to how Minnie will always come first and how deep his love runs for the child

- Minnie resting her head on HS as he's a strong support for her, while Babes rests her head on Minnie as she's her pillar

- HS looking at Babita from across; they're sitting apart but they're still connected via Minnie and the love he has for her isn't going to diminish anytime soon

Live in sin: ever since our convo yesterday, I wanted Babita to enter the Haveli on HER terms and she did it so fabulously today!

P.S. imma steal one of your trio caps :P

You're most welcome to steal the caps😆

@bold: Yes, Mini absolutely is, and always will be the strongest link between them.....the first priority for both of them because that's what parenting is....the order of them leaning on each other was also quite symbolic as you pointed out. 

Every time HS puts Mini first, I think he wins over a little more piece of Babita's heart. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cinnamon_Kisses

Yes they met in bramha mahurat which is a really auspicious time. He was praying before seeing her plus he had waited whole night. Here symbolism strikes again. Hanuman has been through a lot of dark and lonely nights, Babita and Minnie are the answers to his prayers. 

I really have no words to describe how I felt seeing 'yeh jeevan hai'. It's an experience. My favorite bit was when they captured Hanuman and babita's conversation. It was so private. 

Giving a befitting reply to lovely was the need of the moment. I really got pissed when lovely said 'Aapne kiska mann rakha bhabhi' and 'control nahi hota kya aapse'... Babita kept it to the point and meaningful. I was so happy when she said 'woh mera ghar hai' because in the previous episode she had said 'bahuein toh hoti hi paraai hai'. She is so secure emotionally because of Hanuman's efforts. When Hanuman walked behind her proudly, I felt like saying 'Thaanedaar saahab abhi toh aapki lugaai ka phull phorm mein aanaa baaki hai'. 

Haha😆 Thaanedaar saab abhi se itna darte hain Thaanedaarni se, woh full form mein aa gayi toh chaaron khaane chit ho jaayenge😆

And such a lovely point you've made about the symbolism of waiting all night....Yes, HS has indeed been through a lot of dark and lonely nights....that moment symbolized a new dawn at the end of a long dark night....his prayers being answered and him being blessed with Babita and Mini :) And it goes both ways......even Mini and Babita have been through many dark times, but now they have Hanuman as the light in their lives. 

It's really heartwarming to see the effort and care HS is taking to give Babita that emotional security....every little moment when he offers his wholehearted support, his home, his life to her brings her towards the light bit by bit. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Beautiful analysis of yesterday’s episode by you, Anu! 🤗

annx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I skimmed through your post. I'm at work and I'll read it in detail later tonight! 

Whatever I read, I agreed... 

But looking at these pictures/screens a parallel came to my mind... not sure if people would agree but the first time Babita stepped out of this family holding Minnie's hand, Minnie was in charge. She led the way... This time, it was Babita who was holding Minnie's hand and leading the way (even if she was pushed by Minnie, the decision was her own!)... apart from everything else, this is huge growth in Babita's character and confidence! 

Edited by annx - 4 years ago
Srilata.Mineil thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

I was waiting for ur post.... 

Superb analysis... Mein aur kya bolu except devine... The whole trip scene was bliss...

HS was waiting whole night there for the mother daughter like he did these many days and they finally came to him. As u said he was praying and the first thing he saw after prayer was his life lines his daughter and her mother.. Isse acha start kya ho sakta hai HS ke liye... 

When he ran to Minni to support her the relief and contentness Babita had on her face seeing the father daughter was well shown.. And then she joined them... This has also a. Symbolism... It was first the bond of the father and daughter which have bind them then Babita came into picture... And they 3 make a family.

The last part... Babita and Minni walked out and HS was coming behind them... Wow CV are very good depicting the story with less words and dialogue... It's was so perfect that he was assuring them that I will always walk behind you two and protect you from all evils... 

And the way he was admiring his to be wife was ufff... 

Edited by porankisrilata - 4 years ago
asmitasb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I just loved your post..Can't agree more!!

I love being here, everybody is so creative and observe n analyze single minute detail pinpointing them. It enhances the all viewing experience. I watch episode once again just to relive those moments remembering this.

Thank you all of you for untiring writing and analysis. 😊🤗

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: annx

I skimmed through your post. I'm at work and I'll read it in detail later tonight! 

Whatever I read, I agreed... 

But looking at these pictures/screens a parallel came to my mind... not sure if people would agree but the first time Babita stepped out of this family holding Minnie's hand, Minnie was in charge. She led the way... This time, it was Babita who was holding Minnie's hand and leading the way (even if she was pushed by Minnie, the decision was her own!)... apart from everything else, this is huge growth in Babita's character and confidence! 

I agree. The parallel was definitely there. It was a significant moment of growth for Babita. She took charge, spoke her mind, and led her daughter out....and this shows what Babita can rise to when she gets the confidence and security within herself. She felt confident enough to call it her home with full conviction. 

HS may have given her the title of Makaan-Malkin pyar se, but it has also gone a long way in her feeling that security to be able to feel like the lady of that house. And that is what HS’s intent was as well I think....it’s bearing fruit, slowly but surely.