Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

so the makers have called it a finite show ( and i dread thinking about its end as it is literally the best show on tv imo), but does it have to be a finite show? i see two potential spin offs. 

I fell in love with imarti and i would love to see a short story on their life and how hs changed from a drunken lout to a feminist man. and on the flip side i would love to see a spin off show on babita's life and everything that lead to that very first episode. it would be interesting i think to see the events that have shaped these characters and into the ones they are today. 

is this something anyone else fans would like to see or is it just pb obsessed me 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: deefy89

so the makers have called it a finite show ( and i dread thinking about its end as it is literally the best show on tv imo), but does it have to be a finite show? i see two potential spin offs. 

I fell in love with imarti and i would love to see a short story on their life and how hs changed from a drunken lout to a feminist man. and on the flip side i would love to see a spin off show on babita's life and everything that lead to that very first episode. it would be interesting i think to see the events that have shaped these characters and into the ones they are today. 

is this something anyone else fans would like to see or is it just pb obsessed me 

I would love to see Imarti & Maan's love story even though it has a tragic ending. There are so many things that can be explored in that relationship. What was HS like pre marriage? What kind of obstacles did Imarti have to face as a housewife? How did she deal with HS' drunkard father? How did she bring about all the changes that we see in HS now? We can also delve into Naeem Bi as well. What was her family like? What kind of miseries did she have to face? Imarti & Naeem Bi's bonding - how did they support and console one another?

I won't be interested in Babes' story however, since it'll most probably consist of her being a punching bag to everyone else and to have the culmination of it be Ashok's cheating... hard pass on that. Besides, we're seeing Babes' story now and I love how she's evolving. :)

On a side note, how many episodes does a finite show consist of? Cuz it's already been more than 200 now... 🤔

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

I would love to see Imarti & Maan's love story even though it has a tragic ending. There are so many things that can be explored in that relationship. What was HS like pre marriage? What kind of obstacles did Imarti have to face as a housewife? How did she deal with HS' drunkard father? How did she bring about all the changes that we see in HS now? We can also delve into Naeem Bi as well. What was her family like? What kind of miseries did she have to face? Imarti & Naeem Bi's bonding - how did they support and console one another?

I won't be interested in Babes' story however, since it'll most probably consist of her being a punching bag to everyone else and to have the culmination of it be Ashok's cheating... hard pass on that. Besides, we're seeing Babes' story now and I love how she's evolving. :)

On a side note, how many episodes does a finite show consist of? Cuz it's already been more than 200 now... 🤔

I agree! With how headstrong she was and how it weren’t the norm for women, she probably didn’t have an easy time fitting in also. I would also love to see the character evolution in hs! 

I agree that in babitas story it will be more of a sad one, but isn’t that the reality of what many daughter in laws go through in the marital home? I know they’ve overdone showing abusive mother in laws in Indian tv but perhaps this is another angle, where babita weren’t really abused by her in laws, but just suffered a lot of loneliness. There’s never any focus given to when a woman is lonely, not like there is with loneliness of men. It’s perhaps why she would have latched onto mini and become so dependant on her. But you are right that no matter which way they tell babitas story, it is always going to be sad and painful. 

I don’t think the specified the episode number when they said it. I was actually quite shocked when they said on Twitter that it’s a finite show, cos it really doesn’t have to be. There’s a whole host of issues they can take on, even after the 2nd marriage, even including mini

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I agree! With how headstrong she was and how it weren’t the norm for women, she probably didn’t have an easy time fitting in also. I would also love to see the character evolution in hs! 

I agree that in babitas story it will be more of a sad one, but isn’t that the reality of what many daughter in laws go through in the marital home? I know they’ve overdone showing abusive mother in laws in Indian tv but perhaps this is another angle, where babita weren’t really abused by her in laws, but just suffered a lot of loneliness. There’s never any focus given to when a woman is lonely, not like there is with loneliness of men. It’s perhaps why she would have latched onto mini and become so dependant on her. But you are right that no matter which way they tell babitas story, it is always going to be sad and painful. 

I don’t think the specified the episode number when they said it. I was actually quite shocked when they said on Twitter that it’s a finite show, cos it really doesn’t have to be. There’s a whole host of issues they can take on, even after the 2nd marriage, even including mini

If they track Babita's story from around the age 18, when she was about to get married till after, then it'll be interesting since a lot happened.

• She was forced to get married because of societal pressures
  • how she came to adjust living in the Khurana Mansion while killing bits of her own personality
  • Lovely & her sisterly relationship before Lovely got married
  • the loneliness she felt when Ashok left for London
  • getting pregnant at the age of 19 and having to be essentially a single mom
  • completing her studies whilst taking care of a young Minnie and the household
  • having to just take care of Minnie period and the complications that come with it

It's strange how both Babita and Imarti's life was filled with so much tragedy and yet upon their convergence, there was nothing but blissful nectar to be found. There's a lot of venom that needs to be sifted, but at the end of it, there is nothing but happiness to be found.

Aahh, now I really want these two shows to happen!

I can honestly see this show go on forever and not be disappointed. They're just that good.

Jiarao thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

My heart aches at  the thought of PB ending. The father  daughter duo are the sole reason for the smile on my face these days. 

But I want this show to end after 300 episodes. With the speed show is going I think babes and Minnie will reach their destination by then. I don't want them to drag it.

I would definitely want to witness Imarti and Maan's  tragic love story. I LOVE that woman. I would also want to see.how HS coped with her death until mother daughter came into his life. 

I would watch Babitha' s story if Aniruddh plays Ashok .He will be a treat to eyes in grey shade.If that happens I would also like to see Meeetha angle and how Ashok fell for her. All this only if Aniruddh plays Ashok otherwise I am not interested in Babitha's story.

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Who said its ending... Please say.... 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

They will probably come back with Season 2 which will be about Mini's life. 

AreYaar thumbnail

I guess I’m the only one who isn’t interested in an Imarti related storyline extension. 

I like the current version of HS....boorish louts are a dime a dozen on TV and it’s refreshing to get this evolved version of HS. Yeh ML ko sudhaarne waale storylines feel like overkill. 

Imarti is effective as a backstory device....expanding on that angle will likely reduce its impact. 

I find the current version of HS way more interesting in terms of the conversations he has with people. With Imarti, it seemed like there was a lot of passionate romance, but that’s about it....HS fell for her on their wedding night, Aur kya? I don’t see anything else in Imarti’s personality to even explore. 

This show actually begins when HS-Mini-Babita come together....that’s the meat of it. Anything before that can’t live up to what these three have IMO. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I guess I’m the only one who isn’t interested in an Imarti related storyline extension. 

I like the current version of HS....boorish louts are a dime a dozen on TV and it’s refreshing to get this evolved version of HS. Yeh ML ko sudhaarne waale storylines feel like overkill. 

Imarti is effective as a backstory device....expanding on that angle will likely reduce its impact. 

I find the current version of HS way more interesting in terms of the conversations he has with people. With Imarti, it seemed like there was a lot of passionate romance, but that’s about it....HS fell for her on their wedding night, Aur kya? I don’t see anything else in Imarti’s personality to even explore. 

This show actually begins when HS-Mini-Babita come together....that’s the meat of it. Anything before that can’t live up to what these three have IMO. 

You are not the only one. Count me in. I am not interested in Imarti story. Whatever we saw was perfect in story's context. No less no more. 

MaaneetDeewangi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Finally found someone who shares the same opinion as me regarding this whole Imarti angle 🥳

You spoke my mind! Where have you been all this while 😆

Tbh I didn't find any chemistry between them. No offence to those who liked them.

Bold - You said it all 👍🏼

Edited by MaaneetDeewangi - 4 years ago