Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I encountered a similar situation in a Pak drama called Cheekh, it ended recently. Bilal Abbas Khan and Saba Qamar were in the lead role. There was a molestation and accident case in the 2nd week of the show and till 6th week Waji, played by Bilal was a positive character, in 6th week it was revealed that Waji was the murderer. 

I did not realize that they gave away this piece of information in the description, like they gave away the story of Love vs Revenge in the description of Bahu Begum. 

My only source of public opinion was comment under YouTube videos and not once I saw any viewer asking for pairing between Saba and Bilal, as they are leads. None said that Shayan will die and Mannat will marry Waji, it was never there. Even Bilal fans enjoyed his performance as Waji and none supported his criminal activities.

Bilal was lead till the last episode and he was epic in it so was Saba but good wins over evil, at least in fictional world. 

1. I just reread my post. I should not write things when I'm half asleep. ðŸ¤£ I clearly did not proofread. 

2. Heard about cheekh & saw promos, haven't watched yet, it's on my eventual to-watch list.  In the past, I would get duped by PAK dramas a lot.  Now, I make other people I know watch it before I get into it, just so I know what I'm getting into.  Benefit of limited episodes. LOL.  

I get what you're saying - the audience still accepted his character as a negative lead without much pushback.  I think the other poster hit it on the nail that because it was a story that revolved around such a dark topic (murder), it made more sense in the story.  In the promos he was shown as slightly negative, or at least, definitely not positive (just rewatched some original promo before it aired).  Definite friction between his character and Saba Qamar's.  

There is a benefit to creating trailers out of actual episode scenes, audiences kind of know what they're getting into. (I've still gotten duped by some promos recently. I really need to just read descriptions more, they never lie ðŸ¤£) 

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: fria319

1. I just reread my post. I should not write things when I'm half asleep. ðŸ¤£ I clearly did not proofread. 

2. Heard about cheekh & saw promos, haven't watched yet, it's on my eventual to-watch list.  In the past, I would get duped by PAK dramas a lot.  Now, I make other people I know watch it before I get into it, just so I know what I'm getting into.  Benefit of limited episodes. LOL.  

I get what you're saying - the audience still accepted his character as a negative lead without much pushback.  I think the other poster hit it on the nail that because it was a story that revolved around such a dark topic (murder), it made more sense in the story.  In the promos he was shown as slightly negative, or at least, definitely not positive (just rewatched some original promo before it aired).  Definite friction between his character and Saba Qamar's.  

There is a benefit to creating trailers out of actual episode scenes, audiences kind of know what they're getting into. (I've still gotten duped by some promos recently. I really need to just read descriptions more, they never lie ðŸ¤£) 

😂 I am one of those who do not watch promos before starting a show, I didn't expect Cheekh to so dark. 

For that matter Bahu Begum is too dark for my taste, but I am stuck because I like Shazaan 😂😭

fria319 thumbnail

😂 I am one of those who do not watch promos before starting a show, I didn't expect Cheekh to so dark. 

For that matter Bahu Begum is too dark for my taste, but I am stuck because I like Shazaan 😂😭

I actually like spoilers. I watch ALLLL the promos. ðŸ˜† I hate being disappointed. I'm the crazy person who reads the summary of the book and then flips to the end of the book to see what happens, especially if there's 1) any love triangle, 2) any mystery deaths/murders involved in the story, etc. ðŸ¤£ My heart can't take a disappointing ending. ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

MochaQueen thumbnail

im even more frustrated because Noors character had a lot of scope from the beginning but they ruined it

MochaQueen thumbnail

Actually description on colors website and voot indicated that Noor will try to separate Shazaan, who will win love or revenge? It was the central plot with twist of Noor trying to separate Shazaan as Azaan's wife. 

Polygamy is illegal for 80% population of India, Muslim women who do not want to share their husbands have moved to Supreme Court seeking ban on multiple marriages. How can they show that Polygamy is right? 

I agree with friendship part, they never showed deep bonding between Noor and Azaan, they just grew up together. Azaan doesn't know the real Noor

im just saying it would be more mysterious and interesting if both girls were shown as positive and selfless women because it would be harder to choose between them...making one of them a villain just turns this into a typical story

MochaQueen thumbnail

pak dramas always use real scenes from episodes in promos for shows...but indian dramas have misleading promos none of which even happens in the show

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i do not watch the Pakistani dramas firstl thing the episodes use to come after a week by then you forget the storey secondly they are so depressing ,which i can not handle it. if i visit Pakistan i get out of the room where tv is on. we watch the show for the entertainment not to get depress . sorry i am talking for myself every one have their on choice because i can not go to sleep for the whole week so that's why i try to avoid it . i never meant hurt any ones feelings sorry again. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

the best thing is to watch them after they finish lol and not all of them are depressing theres fun ones too

its just that they focus on reality whereas indian ones focus more on fantasy and entertainment

fria319 thumbnail

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

im just saying it would be more mysterious and interesting if both girls were shown as positive and selfless women because it would be harder to choose between them...making one of them a villain just turns this into a typical story

I totally get what you're saying.  When one is the villain, it's obvious how the story will eventually go. Add to that the couple who is their lead romantic couple is already married, in love with each other, and devoted to each other, there's a certain lack of intrigue/suspense(probably not the right word)/etc. missing in the drama now.  

All I watch for right now is when will Noor get kicked out, what crazy thing Noor will demand next, how low can Noor really go, and for Arjit because I like him as an actor. Shaira x Azaan scenes are getting better for me but they're still not something I watch the drama for. I didn't start the drama for these reasons except maybe the Arjit one. lol. 

Edited by fria319 - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

A difficult path to walk on, as I said that they can't show polygamy as a successful practice where a husband can keep both of his wives happy as long as wife agrees to share him. 

Making one of them villain was the only way to show that Azaan is not the gunhegar. It was a given, I recall you wanted or expected Shaira to be negative or dead for Aznoor's story to progress. This is the mindset here, Shazaan and Aznoor can't coexist happily in a marital relationship. Noor's approach towards Azaan is sexual, a mindset where a man will sleep with her because why not? She is good looking, she will give him everything he desires in bed, only if he is looking for body of a woman and they have established that Azaan is not a guy who sees women as a source of sexual pleasure