Gaurav Chopra Acts with Leonardo Dicaprio

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Gaurav Chopra Acts with Leonardo Dicaprio

Gaurav Chopra, Nach Baliye 2's contestant and Samay Khurana of 'Aisa Des Hai Mera' has a 10-minute role of an Indian journalist in a Hollywood movie called 'The Blood Diamond'.

Gaurav Chopra has scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Connelly. The Blood Diamond is directed by Edward Zwick (Last Samurai). The film is about the illegal diamond trafficking and civil unrest in Sierra Leone Africa. The film will release this week.

When contacted, Gaurav Chopra said: "I did one musical (play) called 'Bombay Crush' in South Africa. This show has given me more popularity than what I got in India. It has broken all records and I got undue importance by South African media. This show has got good reviews. I did this musical from October 2005 to February 2006."

"Then Miss Lee, the casting director saw my musical and wanted to meet me. Our meeting was fantastic. She showed my musical as well as interview to director Edward Zwick and he loved my role. So he offered me the film. However it was supposed to be the role of a French journo, but after meeting me he decided to convert it to Indian journo. This must be the first time in the history of Hollywood that any director has changed their story for the actor."

"I went to Mozambique thrice and response of the crowd was very surprising. They recognized me and I was shocked. I had never imagined that people in country like Mozambique would recognize me. I felt like I was presenting India at international level. It was amazing feeling that people run around you, want you to take you out for lunch or dinner, hang on to your every word, give you gifts, introduces you to their daughters and offers you marriage proposals. At the same time it was also embarrassing."

"But my experience with working with Edward Zwick was great. He appreciated my work. I had a 10 minute role, but the atmosphere on the sets of the movie was so friendly. They gave me same respect they gave the other stars of the film."

"In Hollywood, whether you are a small star or a big star they pay you well if you are good in your work. You will never find any bad actor over there because they only choose actors who suit the role and who deserves that role. So they always pay you as per your standard. What matters to them is quality and not quantity. That's why every actor over there is ready to do any role either small or big. As a result of that their production quality is much better."

"I have received one more international project offer and I'm doing one South movie. I'm also thinking about two-three serial offers and I'll accept one which will sound best to me. So after 10-15 days I'll start shooting for it."

Gaurav is part of a press convoy consisting of Connelly, DiCaprio, Hounsou and other journalists - which is seeking to do the rounds of rebel camps in South Africa.

http://www.indya.com/news/gauravc_tbd.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gulrani thumbnail
thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news...
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well, quite a lot of information in this interview. So he has diehard fans in Mozambique and marriage proposals ?//, Girls beware!!!! πŸ˜‰
And Gaurav seems to be very down to earth and humble fellow, gets embarassed quite often. I am so happy that he has got another international offer, Finally everybody will come to know what he is worth ofπŸ‘ . ISn't it amazing that they changed the story for a actor. NNo, No not for any actor, for Gaurav Chopra, sounds interesting.
Well I am worried how are we going to watch south Indian movie. πŸ˜• I hope I get the titles in English.
And most importantly he is back on TV soon for a serial. Hurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy....... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Edited by superbike - 17 years ago
gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG..iam so happy+excited that he is coming again on TV wow yaar πŸ˜ƒ..neways thx for this gr8 interview by our sweethreat MR GAURAV CHOPRA..LOVE U πŸ€—
soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Excellent news,and am extremely happy for Gaurav he deserves due credit 10 minutes or not the big point is he acted in a good international movie. If he does another one everyone in town will be after him then. I just hope the serial he does isn't aired on Zee tv it's banned here as for South Indian film how will I find it in the first place. Teena dear as soon as it's released on Dvd get a copy and send one here. Subtitles or not I'll watch it anyhow. 😊
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blind horizon

Excellent news,and am extremely happy for Gaurav he deserves due credit 10 minutes or not the big point is he acted in a good international movie. If he does another one everyone in town will be after him then. I just hope the serial he does isn't aired on Zee tv it's banned here as for South Indian film how will I find it in the first place. Teena dear as soon as it's released on Dvd get a copy and send one here. Subtitles or not I'll watch it anyhow. 😊

sure dear, I will try to get copy, even if it is pirated, because in UK, we get the DVDs of latest movies the very next day, I donot how?

I hope we donot end up  learning that languageπŸ˜†

soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: superbike

sure dear, I will try to get copy, even if it is pirated, because in UK, we get the DVDs of latest movies the very next day, I donot how?

I hope we donot end up  learning that languageπŸ˜†

I think Teena dear we finally will since we'll be watching it over and over and over again.πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

gulrani thumbnail
I can t believe that he gets proposals from so many girls and its natural for Gaurav to get ambarrassed Teena πŸ˜ƒ . I think we get easily south Indian movies here in Canada , so we ll watch it with subtitle as their language is too hard to learn....Jojo has explained us in one her post how they talk. πŸ˜‰ Right Jojo πŸ˜†.

We have full faith in him and sure he ll get into quality projects...   Good Luck to Gaurav from all his fans... πŸ‘
jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gulrani

We have full faith in him and sure he ll get into quality projects...   Good Luck to Gaurav from all his fans... πŸ‘

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks for sharing the interview. All the best to him for every project.