Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

but Abhishek carried that movie though. He was absolutely riot in that one.

I liked John better.😆 Must be an unpopular opinion but still.

TrickyMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Once he was known as a wooden actor and in recent times he is being called as a game changer.. I never liked him in his earlier career except couple of movies like dhoom and garam masala.. i would say we got to see entire different john after marriage.. He became more responsible as an actor and his choice of script changed spectacularly..  in recent times he has proved again and again he can act well and do better and better in non conventional cinema as well as in commercial projects.. as you said his comic timing with akki is simply amazing.. I seriously loved his performance in parmanu and in batla house.. would like to see him and akki doing some serious movie together in future.. 

sherlockthor thumbnail

He is a good producer imo

and I like him personally because of his love for animals

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

After Aamir Khan, John Abraham has the best script selection - these were the words of Anurag Kashyap more than a decade ago. That he has survived this long and has created a niche for himself is a testament to that. 

Script selection is picking/selecting/judging a subject based on what's on paper and not who is behind it. An actor is then in control of what he is doing, John Abraham knows that, and also understands his limitations and strengths. He works accordingly. He is the predecessor to the current Ayushman Khurana, with a more niche taste in drama and action. His recent success has been going more over the top in action space, which is done on purpose. 

He has worked with Kabir Khan (Kabul Express), Shoojit, Anurag Kashyap, Abbas Tyrewala and few other before they were big. 

As is with many actors who come across as showing off due to that intelligence (only in comparison to their colleagues), people start to hate or behave indifferently. It is the same with John, and those viral videos add to it.  

Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well I haven't watched that many of his movies but I understand why he is mostly praised for his looks. When I was watching those movies and he opened his mouth I just wanted him to close it. His acting is so robotic and it annoyed the hell out of me 😆

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I like people who don't follow the pack and John Abraham is one such actor in Bollywood .

John again made his own path and walked in it successfully. He found his niche and is making movies that suit his style.

I loved his Madras Cafe,  Satyameva Jayate, Paramanu, new York. Don't forget his iconic production Vicky Donor which brought Ayushman Khurana to the big screen.

beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I watched his Parmanu last year and I was blown away. Since then the only Hindi movie I've watched in a theatre is Batla House. For me only his movies are worth watching in bollywood today.

He's an amazing leader IMO. Took the road nobody was taking. Made movies no one else is making. He's carved his own path. There are actors who keep talking about doing relevant subjects or some blah, but he's the only one who actually delivers every single time. He isnt part of the bollywood rat race. He's running his own race in his own tournament which he himself created btw.

And his being goes against the grain because people have this thing about fake humility and stuff. But when I watched his video where he's shoving and pushing his fans, that was the day I actually became his fan lol. ðŸ˜† I was like "look at that. He doesnt give an eff". And if those people he pushed get a reality check and stop idolising filmstars, so much the better for them. That's like the ultimate zen master. He gives a kick on the ass to sycophants but in the process hopes to transform them,..make them less sycophanty,...but better more stable individuals with a backbone..you know?. Who else can claim that? ðŸ˜†

Earlier I was like John is making great movies and he's sort of perfect for those kind of intense roles but that dayI decided. And no I'm not the type to hound actors for selfies or otherwise.  ðŸ˜†

Edited by beingsirius - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Nvm

Edited by ponymo - 4 years ago
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Omg. I read the same, thought hantel was saying it with reference to some sort of steroid use. Lol

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ponymo

Read that as battered c*ck. I need to sleep now.

LOL.