Fans!!!! A boon or a curse for zain imam?

Icey_dreams thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I feel bad for Zain because I really think he is a great actor. He is versatile in being anti hero and goody two shoes as well. But his fans have reduced him to just one character of Neil.  And his chemistry with aditi. This baggage is doing lots of harm to his career.

And just for one second imagine if he in real life did have something romantic with aditi and it didn't work out for whatever reasons. (Because we as fans don't know what actors are in real life and what family complications they might have) How he must be feeling now. His ex is thrown in his face every single time. His career is getting affected now just because he at one time felt something for his Co star and he couldn't hide it in television bytes. His fans are stuck on his onetime alleged love and are asking him to be with her for work as well as in real life. 

Imagine our family and friends constantly asking us to get together with our ex with whom we had great chemistry and future plans but due to fate things didnt turn out as planned.  And whom we are trying moved on from. Or worst bring the memories about our past at every opportunity. It will surely be devastating for each and everyone of us. 

Moreover with this madness what if

PH refuse to cast Zain in their show because they know he will never be accepted with other Co stars . 

Or good actress refuse to work with him because they know they will not be appreciated but trolled by zain''s fans.

Zain or any respectable man would feel so humiliated. Same could be the case with aditi. 

And evenif a show is offered to both of them and one of them refuses to do it because they are not convinced with their character graph it will create discord in their relationship. 

because of this crazy madness their careers are so dependent on each other today. And that is never a good news for an actor. 

We as fans have a moral responsibility towards are idols to help support them in projects that will expand their creative potential. 

For example in kumkum bhagya both sriti and shabbir are immensely talented actors but are stuck in the same role from last 4 years approx. We as fans are happy but haven't we indirectly shunted their talent. Their artistic persuits. In their case PH and channel is happy cz of TRP but are artists doing justice to their acting talents. 

If we don't support our idols in their endevores and help them hone their talents by accepting their decision in exploring new avenues and giving them constructive criticism we are failing ourselves as fans. Because if we continuously want to see out idol with one Co actor doing same romantic scenes and melodrams for years on end than sorry to say we are selfish to the core and don't deserve to be called a true fan.

In case of ebss I agree that story was flawed but constantly bashing actress or zain for paring up with someone else and asking him to (sorry) pressurising him to work with just aditi in all his projects is not fair to zain or aditi.

Yes we can remember namkarann fondly just like people remember srk and kajol''s DDLJ. But constant pressure to bring it back and ask the actors to be in same zone of work Is regressive. 

Please we all as a collective need to ask ourself this question would we be bashing EBSS the same way if instead of shrenu aditi was paired with zain? Is the bashing of the show truly because we are not happy with the story of because we are prejudiced that zain doesn't look good with anyone else other than aditi. 

From what I have seen of aditi I think she is most gentle soul and she would be equally upset as other actors are suffering because if her fans trolling and bashing them and being rigid in their thoughts. 

We as fans truly need to ask this question to ourself are we true fans of an actor or just selfish pesion wanting own satisfaction.

P.s I am adiza fan too. So please be kind in responding to fellow brethren.

Edited by Icey_dreams - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Sorry to jump in. I am not really a Zain fan, but he's good. 

I dunno whether all fans can be clubbed under the same group.

Due to this show l made friends with a few Zain fans who told me what their grievances were with the show.

1. Before revamp, they were upset that Kabir is not getting enough importance, beyond standing up to PK or protecting Kavya. Whereas Kavya has become the protagonist of the show. A task which should have actually gone to Kabir. And they did not appreciate Tanvi and Zain's chemistry.

2. After revamp they were unhappy because Kabir's character regressed and the story made no sense. 

On both the accounts l think the fans have legitimate grounds to be upset.

If you fav does not get his due or the story becomes bad, then fans will be sad. 

I have been through that with Shrenu, when she was sidelined in IB. After revamp, l hated how dumb and weak they made Pooja so l even stopped watching the show for a few weeks. Only when she showed some spunk in stabbing and escaping from Dhruv did l start watching the show again.

So if these fans are criticizing the show, then its valid. 

Before revamp the story was very good, but Kabir did not have much to do. I love Jahnvi. After Maya and Satrupa, she is my favorite grey female character.

But if l was a Zain fan l would have been disappointed to see his character having not much to do except for being in romantic capacity for his wife. 

I guess there are toxic shipper fans in every show. If I'm not wrong, some adiza fans bashed the Laal Ishq girl Mahi Vij, then they bashed some model rumored to be Zain's friend, then they bashed Tanvi horribly, now they are bashing Shrenu. In fact, I would say Shrenu was bashed less than Tanvi, because quite a few Zain fans like Shrenu individually. Tanvi was not spared. 

But there are toxic shipper fans everywhere, not all are bad. And l don't think it's gonna affect Zain or his career. It's embarrassing though. But l guess actors are used to it. 

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

honestly i never saw naamkarann but my colleague is fan of zain imam and i m  of shrenu in ib we didn't get see them together so when the news came came out that they both are working together we were actually happy and yeah the were not paired against each other bought us a disappointment but when we saw their characters we both were extremely happy!! i saw just a snippet of zain in ib where had shown some anger but yeah agreed he is a great actor...so is shrenu after revamp they somehow tried to maintain that characteristics but were not upto the mark and now show is going off air 

as i said in some other thread that as fans and viewers we should support the actors as well as their characters and to be honest the major role was played by that fandom was to degrade the show as whole

also i m glad u said will they do same treatment to aditi also? i hope not but if she gets than what about her career?

i think a hit pair should be paired again but not like just that pair(as their doing) ....every pair should be given an equal fair chance just a thought what if jasmine and zain fans would have given the same treatment to aditi would naamkarann be a hit than?

and not only about zain even shivika fans did same with nakul and niti though i wanted ib to end for many other reasons!! and on that note many other actors are stuck!!!

BeingCool thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

Due to this show l made friends with a few Zain fans who told me what their grievances were with the show.

1. Before revamp, they were upset that Kabir is not getting enough importance, beyond standing up to PK or protecting Kavya. Whereas Kavya has become the protagonist of the show. A task which should have actually gone to Kabir. And they did not appreciate Tanvi and Zain's chemistry.

2. After revamp they were unhappy because Kabir's character regressed and the story made no sense. 

If you fav does not get his due or the story becomes bad, then fans will be sad. 

I have been through that with Shrenu, when she was sidelined in IB. After revamp, l hated how dumb and weak they made Pooja so l even stopped watching the show for a few weeks. Only when she showed some spunk in stabbing and escaping from Dhruv did l start watching the show again.

Before revamp the story was very good, but Kabir did not have much to do. I love Jahnvi. After Maya and Satrupa, she is my favorite grey female character.

But if l was a Zain fan l would have been disappointed to see his character having not much to do except for being in romantic capacity for his wife. 

I guess there are toxic shipper fans in every show. If I'm not wrong, some adiza fans bashed the Laal Ishq girl Mahi Vij, then they bashed some model rumored to be Zain's friend, then they bashed Tanvi horribly, now they are bashing Shrenu. In fact, I would say Shrenu was bashed less than Tanvi, because quite a few Zain fans like Shrenu individually. Tanvi was not spared. 

But there are toxic shipper fans everywhere, not all are bad. And l don't think it's gonna affect Zain or his career. It's embarrassing though. But l guess actors are used to it. 

Well said.

I like your replies and views😊

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

what u said i is right i was just looking with bashing part but yeaa zain hasn't been used properly in this show and i didnt drag tanvi because i m actually like here there are some fans with whatever i comment on tanvi or any other actors they get offended so just said in 1 perspective only but totally agree with u

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Hi 

I have agreed in my post that story of ebss is flawed. Hence it goes without saying that all the constructive criticism  about storyline is valid but than again every story writer has its own view point and we might not like it. In case of ebss it was majority who didnt like it hence the low trp.

But in this post I am reviewing those set of fans who are bashing it solely for the paring. And insisting even now that zain should only star opposite aditi in new project. And trolling left right and center all other female's who are cast opposite him in show or who are hanging out with him off screen.

And it's a sad state as a society if actors have to get use to the toxicity on account of crazy fans. No one deserves to live with or tolerate toxicity in daily work life on account of some inconsiderate fans. 

This post of mine was an attempt to make every one  self aware and not cross the line which could unintentionally Hurt the actor they adore.

If one is a fan who Is self aware and knows till what extent one needs to air the disappointment viola!!! you are an asset to your idol. But If one is not a sincere request please pause think and than react.

In one of the interview zain had said he has stopped taking selfies with females because they get abused on social media. It clearly says he does get affected. I don't remember which interview exactly. 

trinitodebone thumbnail

Originally posted by: Icey_dreams

I feel bad for Zain because I really think he is a great actor. He is versatile in being anti hero and goody two shoes as well. But his fans have reduced him to just one character of Neil.  And his chemistry with aditi. This baggage is doing lots of harm to his career.

And just for one second imagine if he in real life did have something romantic with aditi and it didn't work out for whatever reasons. (Because we as fans don't know what actors are in real life and what family complications they might have) How he must be feeling now. His ex is thrown in his face every single time. His career is getting affected now just because he at one time felt something for his Co star and he couldn't hide it in television bytes. His fans are stuck on his onetime alleged love and are asking him to be with her for work as well as in real life. 

Imagine our family and friends constantly asking us to get together with our ex with whom we had great chemistry and future plans but due to fate things didnt turn out as planned.  And whom we are trying moved on from. Or worst bring the memories about our past at every opportunity. It will surely be devastating for each and everyone of us. 

Moreover with this madness what if

PH refuse to cast Zain in their show because they know he will never be accepted with other Co stars . 

Or good actress refuse to work with him because they know they will not be appreciated but trolled by zain''s fans.

Zain or any respectable man would feel so humiliated. Same could be the case with aditi. 

And evenif a show is offered to both of them and one of them refuses to do it because they are not convinced with their character graph it will create discord in their relationship. 

because of this crazy madness their careers are so dependent on each other today. And that is never a good news for an actor. 

We as fans have a moral responsibility towards are idols to help support them in projects that will expand their creative potential. 

For example in kumkum bhagya both sriti and shabbir are immensely talented actors but are stuck in the same role from last 4 years approx. We as fans are happy but haven't we indirectly shunted their talent. Their artistic persuits. In their case PH and channel is happy cz of TRP but are artists doing justice to their acting talents. 

If we don't support our idols in their endevores and help them hone their talents by accepting their decision in exploring new avenues and giving them constructive criticism we are failing ourselves as fans. Because if we continuously want to see out idol with one Co actor doing same romantic scenes and melodrams for years on end than sorry to say we are selfish to the core and don't deserve to be called a true fan.

In case of ebss I agree that story was flawed but constantly bashing actress or zain for paring up with someone else and asking him to (sorry) pressurising him to work with just aditi in all his projects is not fair to zain or aditi.

Yes we can remember namkarann fondly just like people remember srk and kajol''s DDLJ. But constant pressure to bring it back and ask the actors to be in same zone of work Is regressive. 

Please we all as a collective need to ask ourself this question would we be bashing EBSS the same way if instead of shrenu aditi was paired with zain? Is the bashing of the show truly because we are not happy with the story of because we are prejudiced that zain doesn't look good with anyone else other than aditi. 

From what I have seen of aditi I think she is most gentle soul and she would be equally upset as other actors are suffering because if her fans trolling and bashing them and being rigid in their thoughts. 

We as fans truly need to ask this question to ourself are we true fans of an actor or just selfish pesion wanting own satisfaction.

P.s I am adiza fan too. So please be kind in responding to fellow brethren.

Zain has always seemed like an extroverted fun loving teasing joking somewhat flirty guy. It’s all in good fun . He said he loves positivity around him In his breakout show before NK his costars commented how all three of them have fun laughing at dirty jokes together. In the wrap up party of said show he scooped up the female lead in his arms and danced with her. He also has lots of female friends loves to party and is very tactile with them. 

He and perhaps any actor can’t help it if their online shipper fans many of whom seem to be teenage girls or young girls in their twenties take every little normal interaction like looking at someone when they talk laughing joking teasing casually touching someone on the arm , liking fan edits displaying fan pics as a sign that people like each other romantically. Perhaps many come from a very conservative culture where interacting in that way with a guy must mean you have romantic feelings . Also some don’t seem to have any real life experience of actually being in a relationship as some of us have and take the reel pairing and project those emotions on the real coactors if they appear to be single. I heard it was the same with Shrenu and Kunal -look at how they look at each other the comfort level etc Actually looking at many ships across fanclubs it is always the same sort of signs evidence feels etc In  western  culture it would be laughable to ship based on such normal interactions alone . Maybe if you saw the coactors constantly hanging out offset during and long after filming one on one or with each other’s friends gps from before the show, holding hands, making out, together for special occasions offset, hanging with each others’ families , holidaying together then perhaps you can say there is potentially something there.

Anyway Zain has made it clear time and again that he is not dating his former coactor  He has said we did not get along initially , now are just friends costars, not in touch for a long time , both even unfollowed each other on ig . Forget that - the fact is they are voluntarily in different cities for months on end so no chance can be hanging out  including  on  special occasions. From my experience in relationships and those I know who are or have been in relationships you want to spend as much free time together with your significant other .  Though they have mutual friends from the previous cast and many in the cast used to  hang out regularly during the show and for the first few months after it ended If and when his coactor comes back to Mumbai and there is a get together and they are both there with mutual friends I am sure the shippers will have a field day . Look they are standing near to or next to each other and smiling He is hugging her . So much chemistry Must be love Slap to all the haters ! lol A logic person will say well I guess there was no hard feelings from the unfollow . Perhaps even did it to diffuse otp shipping . Still friends . Nice to see the old cast still hanging out. They seem casual friends at most who will not make a particular effort to meet up or hang out one on one But if run into each other or meet up by attending the same event or party of mutual friends or castmates will talk laugh and then go their separate ways.  

Anyway some hard core shippers will spin everything to continue to feed their desires- well he still likes fan edits so giving us a hint they like each other or shouldn’t give us false hope. Maybe stop assuming a like of a fan edit of the two coactors or two characters in a romantic scene means he likes his coactor irl or putting up fan edits of such in his makeup room means this - what amazing logic . Zain has always happily displayed all fan gifts in his home makeup room since the beginning of his career.  Even married actors or those in serious relationships have given such likes on fan edits  . Does not mean they like their coactor romantically and/ or are cheating on their real life partner. More likely showing appreciation for fan love . Also Zain has said (and many actors are aware) that  shipping is part and parcel of the industry and while said while sometimes annoying for the most part he just accepts ii. So he know many of his online fans of his previous show are shippers so keeping them happy but not intended  to give them hints about his actual love life.  I think some hard core shippers across fanclubs will continue to ship two seemingly single actors together until one or both announce their relationship / engagement / marriage to another person and even then might say their ship still secretly love  each other and might still be together eventually  lol 

Anyway shipping in real life is illogical imo Focus on the show and the characters but even if it is done there should be no bashing trolling of the actors of the ship or other costars or friends but unfortunately that happens time and again . Zain  should  be fine . I don’t think the toxicity of some shippers of his previous show will negatively affect his career prospects . Even with his current show while this may be a factor there was also the problem of the timeslot, channel interference and the abrupt revamp. There are always old fans to support him and new fans to gain. Best of luck to Shrenu , Zain and the entire cast in their future endeavours . Kudos also to those fans trending on twitter still trying to save the show and get a three month extension also. 

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

There are very few nk fans who can contribute to trps so I don't think their boycotting ebss would have any ways affected its trps. EBSS failed to gain trps because it could not entertain the viewers of 7 pm slot. Whether it's story, execution and performance was good or bad that is different thing. The fact is the show as a package could not deliver upto sp's expectation and that is why it is getting axed. 

Fans and social media following can definitely play a role in actor getting selected for a show.I agree that nk fd has some toxic shippers who are so active in spreading toxins that it appears that the whole fd is toxic but it is not the case.It is impossible to extract toxins from them. They will not leave Zain because  they think Zain is their personal property, they can treat him the way they want and they are under bhram that what they are thinking is correct. They refuse to believe that their blind shipping may irk the producers who will not like to cast Zain as they are also humans who cannot tolerate negativity beyond a certain level.

I feel that excessive shipping reduces the charm of a couple. Even if AdiZa come together in a new show, I have doubt whether it will work. There will be constant comparison with their previous roles .If story is not gripping enough then even srk-kajol can't save a movie phir adiza kya cheez hai.

So basically actors should focus more on ways to boost their career rather then trying to please fans. Relationship with fans should be limited to entertainment part . Actors should be careful if they are trying to fulfill fans' wishes because fans will always want more.

Edited by NeverOldEnough - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

An ardent fan of NK/avneil/ zain but I’ve always been excited to see who he will be paired with next and don’t quite get why other fans don’t feel the same sebyig curiosity and excitement to see who he will be paired with next. I liked tanvi with zain, absolutely loved jasmine and zain in tashan e ishq. My curiosity is big on what show we will get to see him in next and who will be his co stars.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: NeverOldEnough

There are very few nk fans who can contribute to trps so I don't think their boycotting ebss would have any ways affected its trps. EBSS failed to gain trps because it could not entertain the viewers of 7 pm slot. Whether it's story, execution and performance was good or bad that is different thing. The fact is the show as a package could not deliver upto sp's expectation and that is why it is getting axed. 

Fans and social media following can definitely play a role in actor getting selected for a show.I agree that nk fd has some toxic shippers who are so active in spreading toxins that it appears that the whole fd is toxic but it is not the case.It is impossible to extract toxins from them. They will not leave Zain because  they think Zain is their personal property, they can treat him the way they want and they are under bhram that what they are thinking is correct. They refuse to believe that their blind shipping may irk the producers who will not like to cast Zain as they are also humans who cannot tolerate negativity beyond a certain level.

I feel that excessive shipping reduces the charm of a couple. Even if AdiZa come together in a new show, I have doubt whether it will work. There will be constant comparison with their previous roles .If story is not gripping enough then even srk-kajol can't save a movie phir adiza kya cheez hai.

So basically actors should focus more on ways to boost their career rather then trying to please fans. Relationship with fans should be limited to entertainment part . Actors should be careful if they are trying to fulfill fans' wishes because fans will always want more.

For me avneil’s story more than adiza’s chemistry is the reason for why avneil are so popular and loved. Their story was so different from other couples in serials. I wouldn’t have been such a fan if their story wasnt different but yes also Adiza’s chemistry made it even better. 

Edited by sammy17 - 4 years ago