Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

LMAO. Folks who were cheering "Well done Pakistan" the other day are now fanning the North South divide and shedding crocodile tears about Hinthi imposition. How predictable.

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

@Bold: That's your personal preference and you are entitled to your views.

Not understanding a song won't make anyone feel inferior, yes. But knowing that your govt has put money to make a song that can only be understood by a section of people, yes, that would make them feel inferior.

Unless literally all government campaigns and songs are made in all 22 official languages and this is the only one being singled out that is not, I don't see the logic of anyone feeling offended or inferior of that. But I guess being offended by this "is your personal preference and you are entitled to your views".

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cpt.DudleySmith

LMAO. Folks who were cheering "Well done Pakistan" the other day are now fanning the North South divide and shedding crocodile tears about Hinthi imposition. How predictable.

At least they should have chosen an actual example of Hindi imposition to shed these tears over.

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I am not going to comment on your guess, because it is mere speculation.

You also liked a comment which says Hindi is India's national language, it is not.

I do think it is an issue. India is a country of diversity, and the rich diversity ought to be celebrated, not opressed. Mile sur mera tumhara is an example where many languages and cultures have been included to create one song. That is admirable. Not this.

So you want bollywood to include as many as culture and languages in just a tribute? I am sorry but it'il look more like a joke if they do so. Tribute is suppose to be like this. For example, if we are making movie on pyschos and psychopath, that doesnt mean we need a real pyscho to do that. Same as that, One dont need bengali actor, south indian actor to tribute their martyr. As i said, it's not a issue unless you deliberately want to make one. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This is nothing if it's a first or one time thing, bt after NA as a non hindi Indian ye chubti hai... It doesn't hurt to include superstars of every industry with SRK, Amitabh n Ash.. Instead RK, Tiger n karthik

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Deadinside

So you want bollywood to include as many as culture and languages in just a tribute? I am sorry but it'il look more like a joke if they do so. Tribute is suppose to be like this. For example, if we are making movie on pyschos and psychopath, that doesnt mean we need a real pyscho to do that. Same as that, One dont need bengali actor, south indian actor to tribute their martyr. As i said, it's not a issue unless you deliberately want to make one. 

When did I say Bollywood should include other languages or cultures? I am talking about this song, and this is NOT a Bollywood song, but a song made by the government (of India, not Bollywood) - and yes, I do think it should have been more inclusive.

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

When did I say Bollywood should include other languages or cultures? I am talking about this song, and this is NOT a Bollywood song, but a song made by the government (of India, not Bollywood) - and yes, I do think it should have been more inclusive.

You didnt said it but you seems to be running round and round in same direction. Even if it's been made by goverment, There is certain bollywood's hand in making it. No? Made by goverment - I dont think goverment has a song writer, script writer or actors to do the justice.

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: niyati13

Rooster kaun hai? ๐Ÿ˜†

And why only south then? Kitni saari movie industries hai India me..Telugu, tamil, malayalam, Kannada, marathi, bengali, bhojpuri, gujarati, punjabi, Assamese, odia, manipuri, even Nepali films..Most of them r thriving industries..

South ke liye hi soft corner kyun?

And if all r included people will accuse them of copying a classic like mile sur mera tumhara..

That song is a gem and forever etched in our memories..It included prominent people from many fields..Let it reign at its own place.

Agar koi apni samajh se kuch achha karne jaata hai to log usko neeche kheenchne me lag jaate hai..Aap khud apni koshish par gaur kijiye

The one with hair tower!

@B: That's what I meant when I said "other industries" in my previous post.

Named South specifically because they used BW actors apparently for wider reach. In that sense, they could have used some south stars also as south industry is almost parallel to BW when it comes to popularity now.

@R: That's silly. On the contrary, it would have had more appeal and refreshed the memories I'd say.  

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I feel both sides have points here. But it wasn't a deliberate attempt of Hindi imposition imo.

To that one commentor though,no Hindi is not national language. Hindi n English r administrative language,22 official languages,no national language. I'm quite proud of India for doing that. Let's not alter that fact.

I've nothing against this song. A new song like mile sur Mera tumhara would be beautiful too. With new gen of all the famous people of all states. I'm sure someone will make one in near future. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Kartik Aaryan looks like he's pissed off about something. 

Maybe he's remembering the soldiers and is really sad about them. 

Edited by GhayalParinda - 4 years ago