Tu Desh Mera teaser - Big B, SRK, Aamir, Aish, Ranbir, Kartik, Tiger - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by hotchic2

I agree about not including celebrities from other industries/regions. As I have said before, this government is too invested in BW. Instead of Ranbir and animals like Tiger and Rooster, they should taken some big names from South. Language is a trivial issue.

Rooster kaun hai? ๐Ÿ˜†

And why only south then? Kitni saari movie industries hai India me..Telugu, tamil, malayalam, Kannada, marathi, bengali, bhojpuri, gujarati, punjabi, Assamese, odia, manipuri, even Nepali films..Most of them r thriving industries..

South ke liye hi soft corner kyun?

And if all r included people will accuse them of copying a classic like mile sur mera tumhara..

That song is a gem and forever etched in our memories..It included prominent people from many fields..Let it reign at its own place.

Agar koi apni samajh se kuch achha karne jaata hai to log usko neeche kheenchne me lag jaate hai..Aap khud apni koshish par gaur kijiye

Originally posted by Heisenberg23

No one is being god-damn treated as a "second class citizen"- what an exaggeration of epic proportions to even claim that. How an organization chooses to spend its marketing budget to reach maximum number of people is and will continue to be arbitrary and can not be classified as "treating people as second class citizens". You are reacting as if the CRPF jawans refused to rescue people speaking other languages during a natural calamity.

And I am talking just about this song, because thats what the post is about and that is what you posted on as well. I am completely against other native language speakers being forced to learn Hindi, but that is not what is happening here. If you want to discuss that issue, then make another post to discuss it- this is regarding this particular song and thats it.

Second class citizen: a person belonging to a social or political group whose rights and opportunities are inferior to those of the dominant group in a society

It is definitely like a second class citizen because non-Hindi speakers are being treated as inferior to Hindi speakers in this case.

They couldn't even get stars from the non-Hindi belt. 

it doesn't matter if they get stars from north or south, this is a song to tribute the soldiers that lost their lives in pulwama, there is no reason to dissect it, these stars are recognised all over india, so the song will have the reach that it needs 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ponymo

Second class citizen: a person belonging to a social or political group whose rights and opportunities are inferior to those of the dominant group in a society

It is definitely like a second class citizen because non-Hindi speakers are being treated as inferior to Hindi speakers in this case.

They couldn't even get stars from the non-Hindi belt. 

How are they being treated inferior by releasing a song in Hindi?

i think wat ponymo is trying to say is that they will not be 'represented' in this song coz its in hindi, but tbh india has so many languages, and it wud be impossible to fit them all into one song, so i guess they chose the language that most indians speak and understand 

Because they cannot understand the song? None of the celebrities in the song are non-Hindi either.

Who is the tribute for? The security personnel who died and their families. And so many of them are non-Hindi speaking. Aren't you treating them as inferior just because they are not part of the "dominant Hindi group"?

@Ponymo..Can u change ur dp? I love Aish..She has such n angelic face..And is ever so nice

Originally posted by zara321

i think wat ponymo is trying to say is that they will not be 'represented' in this song coz its in hindi, but tbh india has so many languages, and it wud be impossible to fit them all into one song, so i guess they chose the language that most indians speak and understand 

Thats what I am trying to ask him/ her- how does not being represented/ not being the target audience of a song equate to being treated as "inferior" or "second-class citizens"? I have repeated the point about maximizing reach of the song several times now but he/ she keeps acting like this is a personal affront against all other languages when it is not.

And zara, if you read my previous posts  on this thread you'll see that I agree that hindi being imposed on non-hindi speaking population is utterly wrong. However, I totally disagree with how ponymo is mingling an unrelated issue with this particular song and thats what I am arguing against.

Because they cannot understand the song? None of the celebrities in the song are non-Hindi either.

Who is the tribute for? The security personnel who died and their families. And so many of them are non-Hindi speaking. Aren't you treating them as inferior just because they are not part of the "dominant Hindi group"?

So? Not understanding a song won't make a normal person feel inferior. If they had chosen to make this song in Bengali for e.g. I would not have felt inferior just because I don't happen to understand it.

I'm sure the family of the personnel are happy that their sacrifice is being acknowledged and respected, and not care about something so petty. And any artist who would dub different versions of the song would be heartily thanked as well. :)

Do u live in India? R u sure the families of those personnel don't understand Hindi? Will putting subtitles satisfy u?

So many Indians don't understand the English spoken in Hollywood movies..Why aren't only dubbed versions released here? Why do Hollywood movies get such a widespread release? Why do people on IF think Indian movies r dying since HW movies r taking over?

If u say irrelevant things u will be asked irrelevant questions