Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

He's so right about these two though and it's weird because both these ladies were once tooted their gen' best performers. 

He’s his own version of Kangana.  Sometimes he might have a point but the way he presents it is unnecessary and problematic.  

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Most reviews are bad. Hopefully the wom will be good. Both Sid and Pari need a hit badly.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: When Your One-Liners Speak Louder Than Anything!

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review Rating: 3/5 Stars (Three Stars!)

Star Cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Parineeti Chopra, Sanjay Mishra, Jaaved Jaaferi, Sheeba Chaddha, Aparshakti Khurana, Chandan Roy Sanyal

Director: Prashant Singh

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: When Your One-Liners Speak Louder Than Anything!Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: When Your One-Liners Speak Louder Than Anything!

What’s Good: Whenever the movie tries to get funny it makes you laugh!

What’s Bad: Whenever the movie tries to get serious, it doesn’t make you cry!

Loo Break: Gauge the seriousness of the scene & leave to come back before a joke pops up!

Watch or Not?: Only if you can filter out what’s not important to your taste

User Rating: 

Set in Bihar, the story revolves around two main leads in Abhay (Sidharth Malhotra) and Babli (Parineeti Chopra). Both of them liked each other, once, when they were kids. Years later, we see Babli is worried no one will marry her and Abhay becomes the mafia who extorts grooms forcing them to get married. Abhay picks up only those grooms who demand dowry and because of this, he finds a silver lining in what he does.

They both reunite as Abhay helps Babli’s friend to find a groom, and they both start falling for each other again. Reliving few childhood moments and one romantic song later, we see Abhay’s dad Hukum Dev Singh (Jaaved Jaaferi) getting into a certain deal with certain someone. Having a troubled past with his dad, Abhay still works for him, and how he’ll stand up to him defending his love is what the major plot is all about.

Jabariya Jodi Movie ReviewJabariya Jodi Movie Review

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: Script Analysis

Sanjeev K Jha’s script aims at both humour and emotions but fails to achieve the latter in a proper way. Sidharth’s sub-plot with Jaaved Jaaferi had every scope to nail the dramatic portions, but unfortunately, it’s half-baked. But this is what a strong supporting cast could do to your film. The performances by the others shine the dull moments. Moment of the film for me is when Abhay’s mother says to him, “Aankh mein atka hua aansoon zyada takleef deta hai.”

The biggest takeaway from the movie for me is Raaj Shaandaliyaa’s dialogues – they are HOWLARIOUS. I just wished, there should’ve been more in the second half but no complaints about the dialogue department. When a few good lines meet some skilful performers, magic is bound to happen. Just couldn’t resist sharing a dialogue, “Yeh paan banaye ho, ya Japan banaye ho? Itna chota!”

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: Star Performance

Sidharth Malhotra, to my surprise, does well in the dramatic scenes. But still, both the leads were a misfit for me and it might be because of the monumental supporting cast. Parineeti Chopra gets a minimal scope to actually act in the film. For most of the scenes, she’s just there.

Now, let’s talk about the life of the film – the supporting cast. Sanjay Mishra is a gem as always. Jaaved Jaaferi beautifully surprises and looks as macho as ever. The ‘shayar’ twist to Aparshakti Khurana was a masterstroke for me, though makers should’ve banked on it more. Each one of the friends of Parineeti and Sidharth was very good.

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: Direction, Music

Prashant Singh gets the tone of the film very well. He manages to lead the ship in a correct way, despite dodging some unwanted glaciers. Vishal Sinha, who has previously co-worked on Aanand L Rai’s Raanjhana, had some experience to capture the beauty of rustic portions of the country. Prashant along with Vishal manages to maintain good production values throughout.

Songs are surprisingly good & now I regret not reviewing them in a separate article (tell me in the comments section below if you would like to see its music review). Khwabfaroshi and Ki Honda Pyaar, despite attributing to the drama, are the top 2 tracks for me. Though in the long term, Dhoonde Akhiyaan might just find a better shelf life.

Jabariya Jodi Movie Review: The Last Word

All said and done, Jabariya Jodi is an entertaining funfair backed with a comparatively much-serious issue. It boasts many rib-tickling one-liners and actors those have nailed in delivering them. A time-pass watch if you minus the drama!

Three stars!

TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Looks like another disaster. Parineeti is so stale without any bo pull. She is fit for side roles not leading actress.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissaa

Most reviews are bad. Hopefully the wom will be good. Both Sid and Pari need a hit badly.

Nahh reviews are kind of mixed.  Most of the ones who criticize the pace or screenplay or whatever still call it a time pass or praise the comedy.  There’s been only 2 or 3 really harsh ones that just called it bad all over.  The popular ones haven’t reviewed it yet though like Masand or Anupama.  Still, given the date shift and that it didn’t even have any promotions this last week I don’t have any hopes 😭.  

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

watched 1st day 1st show...

SHOCKING TO SAY...the theater was empty...the response was even poor than JHK 😲

i m feeling v.bad for Sid coz u can feel he has given his best effort into the film, also he's looking damn sexy. Pari is just about OK...the film's is too loud and the script is inconsistent. 

i was wishing for the film to have atleast an average status but looking at today its heading for a dud, the reviews are not glowing either..

its a shame coz over the years i developed a liking for sid, considering how i hated him in SOTY initially.

altgr thumbnail
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i went 2 watch the film but shockingly its not playing at my multiplex theatre ... seems like some distribution problem going on.  Reviews are already bad, with news coming of shows being cancelled? this is sheer bad. 

This movie was hyped so big but has ended with such a lukewarm response.. poor sidharth and pari.