OS - Memories that still haunt- Completed

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Note - Just a small idea came in my mind and I am writing this in middle of night.. This will be two part OS .

Babita was pacing around the house worried and concerned.He is normally back by this time.She thought to herself and then she enquired from Minnie if there was any phone call from her Hanuman uncle. Minnie said she tried calling him but he was not picking up calls and Lala uncle also had no idea about his whereabouts.

Minnie was worried too but she could see her mother's heart was racing fast and she was really worried for Hanuman. 

Babes aa jayege Hanuman uncle,tu itni tension Kyu leti Hain ..woh itne strong hain ..dhyan rakh sakte hain apna.. Minnie tried to relax Babita but Babita was still worried.. Usually he informs if he is late but today there was no call. 

Babita put Minnie to sleep though Minnie was also worried but she acted as if she was fine to dispel her babes fears.

But through corner of her eyes she could see Babita was still in terrace standing and looking at the road for him. 

It was past midnight and Minnie fell asleep as Babita caressed her hair gently to put her to sleep..She saw the time and played with her dupatta nervously.. Is everything alright? Hanuman in all these months have never done this , especially since they have come closer in past few months.

There were other things that had elevated her fears .. was this day bothering him so much that he didn't have courage to face them ..She remembered that he left Early in morning passing just a message through Naem Bi that he will be late and won't be able to make it for dinner.. Naem bi had told Babita usually this day of year, Hanuman doesn't meet anyone ..for past few years as Naem bi had observed him..he wouldn't come to his haveli whole day and would not take any calls just to be alone with himself and when curious Babita had asked her about reason. 

Naem bi had slowly mentioned this was day when he lost his pregnant wife while she was in hospital for delivery..Babita was shocked to learn that Imarti died while giving birth ..she never knew that Hanuman had lost child too along with his wife.. Truth of that day took time to settle in for Babita..She kept thinking about him whole day..While Naem bi and lala were okay with Hanuman's disappearance that day.. Babita just could not settle with her thoughts on it. How lonely he was inspite of everyone around..Naem bi,lala , herself and Minnie were kind of his family then why he would hide himself from everyone on this day ..were those wounds ever going to heal.. why didn't he ever mentioned about child he lost .. just thinking about what that day brought in his life. .Babita had tears in her eyes for the man who had always done whatever he could to wipe her tears off..

Just then she heard gate opened.. Hanuman had given message through Naem bi to keep door not locked from inside..he had asked them to keep them doors locked above instead .

Babita checked through terrace..He quietly came inside.. his face wasn't clear from where she stood..but his body language looked like he was a defeated man ..

He looked above and saw Babita standing with anxious eyes. Her eyes had tears which was a surprise to the man..May be she was worried for him. .He faked a smile and signalled her to go and sleep. His smile broke her heart..She could see it didn't reach those eyes.. and those eyes they were telling story of their own.. In that moment she just wanted to be by his side..

To be continued..

Edited by riti4u - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vasantvarsha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Omg this was way too beautiful 😭❤️

Indulatha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

So Beautiful😍

Why did u stopped the main part yaar, now I have to wait until u post the next part😢

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful!! Eagerly waiting for the next part! ❤️

minamma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Waiting for the next part

That was beautiful btw

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This is lovely! Can't wait for the next part. 

Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Oh please continue soon.. I can literally imagine both .. it’s beautiful 

riti4u thumbnail

Last Part

Hanuman was feeling heavy inside as she quietly stepped down from stairs , he was not used to facing anyone on this day and he didn't know if he was brave enough to do that tonight ..

Arey kiraydaarni ji aap abhi tak soyi nahi... Woh Naem Bi ne aap ko btaya tha main aaj thoda der se ..woh khana maine kha liya hain.. Aap aaram se so jaiye.. He was trying hard to be normal but her piercing eyes refused to look away... She came closer to her as Hanuman found himself more and more vulnerable with each second that passed by..

Aap theek hain.. She said quietly looking down as she gathered some courage to ask him that question..

It was simple question but answer to it Hanuman didn't have ..

Aap theek toh hain na... She again asked.. this time looking straight in his eyes... Eyes that could not turn away this time...

He just nodded with a smile just those eyes teared up a bit , this was best he could do.. but he showed quite courage to let it out in words to comfort her..

Ji main theek hu.. Aap so jaiye.. His voice choked.. as he began distracting himself with daily chores of night.. He washed his face which was now streaming with tears that Babita could sense even without looking at them.. His hands were shivering as he held that towel to wipe his face.. She was still standing there.. He quietly looked at her.. She was looking at his trembling hands.. his fake smile was bothering her now..

Aaj Immarti ji ki barsi hain na.. Babita looked at him as he had his back towards her.. She knew he was not going to tell her that..

Isiliye aap poora din akele the.. Dost  maante ho toh kya doston ke saath apna dukh nahi baant sakte .. She was not going to be easy tonight for Hanuman..

aapke dadu hi kehte the na... Ki baantne se halka hota hain.. dil.. Kya main aapka dil halka nahi kar sakti.. Hanuman smiled at her innocent utterance.. His pain.. She was once again trying to break him down only to heal him more from hurt that burns everything inside... But she had no idea what this day means to him.. the extent of agony he felt ..the guilt that he could not do anything to save his family that day... the visuals that still haunted him.. that pyre flame he lit and that burden of putting his new born child to rest forever..

Babita could sense that hanuman was lost in his past .. May be she reminded him of those bitter memories and she was guilty of making him go through that trip..

Mujhe maaf kar dijiye.. Main aapko hurt karna nahi chahti thi.. bas laga ki jaise aapko meri zaroorat hain aaj... She gathered courage to put a hand on his shoulder... This broke him down as he cried like a child breaking Babita too in tears... He looked at her crying.. There was someone crying with him in his pain.. Someone who was hurting along.. He gently wiped her tears as his continued to fall..

Na.. aapne na kiya kuch.. Yeh din hi kuch aisa hain.. ki bas control nahi kar paata main.. Aaj bhi sochta hu toh lagta hain jaise kaash ek baar main uski baat na manta.. Na jaata uss din.. Uss din ek emergency duty aa gayi thi.. jaana zaroori tha.. par uski halat mein kaisa jaata .. usne bola ki jao.. apni aur hamare bache ki dekh bhal kar lengi woh.. Kaash ek baar uski baat nahi manta ..bas sab kash hi reh gya...

Babita was quiet by now.. wiping her tears as she listened to his narration of those days events.. Apni Maa ko bhi na bacha paya tha main bachpan mein..aur iss baar apni Imarti ko bhi, achanak dard hua use..woh akeli thi ghar mein..mujhe hona chahiye tha waha.. Jab tak Naem bi aayi aur use hospital lekar gayi..bahot der ho gayi thi... doctor ne jawab de diya tha.. Na use bacha paye .. na maare bache .. He stopped in middle.. Babita sat with him that night.. as he just spoke his heart out.. how they were happy with news of Immarti having his child.. How he was saving money for their bundle of joy.. and was with Imaarti in all those months..never leaving her alone.. making sure that everytime there was someone with her... Just that day... when he could not get anyone to be by her side... he still feel that pangs of guilt of leaving her side... but neither Immarti nor He knew that it could be fatal that day...but still heart listens no reasons .. guilt inside still burns him like hell ..

Aapki galti nahi thi.. Babita told him gently as she wiped those tears of his face as he just looked at her .. She was now light in his dark world.. embracing his pain along with his guilt... and healing it with those gentle touches of love... He knew she had not confessed it yet but her love never needed any words for him... She need not say it.. He already knew that She loved him...

Phew that was hard chapter to write...

@all- Thank you all for reading first part...I am really thankful for kind words. thanks for encouragement.. :)

@inlieu  - idea of this OS came from your comment on one post here so thanks for that.. :)

Edited by riti4u - 4 years ago
riti4u thumbnail

I m sorry I write short only so this might be pretty short for many of you.. :)

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Oh wow!

Heart breaking to read. If this scene ever comes on the show I'm not sure I could watch it. Though I really hope he had been in the hospital during her delivery. 😭

I'm touched that my comment helped you write, but if it means such sad stories I should stop. It was still beautifully written and wonderful to read. I could just picture both of them. HS really needs that support, bechaara akela kitna kuch sahega.