The real flavour of a RK story - abhisarika Radha

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Again I am creating a separate post for a comment I made ðŸ¤ª

TBH I don't have any problem with watching an extra marital affair between RK because that's the actual RK story. It's in our culture and well defined by mythology experts how in spite of not fulfilling the societal requirements, their love was divine. I even wouldn't mind physical intimacy and consummation between them ( there are plenty of pictures in the temples and books in support to that. I even had to study one of those books in school course for my mother tongue ). Basically the real story is starting now. The passionate prohibited love which has the potential to show the flavour of the real RK story which is the most famous love story in India. Even more famous than Laila-majnu, heer-ranjha etc. ( Which were also prohibited by society as well ). Till now they were just featuring an introduction with the vikaars and making it somehow appropriate to 2019 ( which I absolutely loved ). I am disappointed only at the marriage track, specially the sacrifice track and making their whole relationship plus the later humiliation public and ruining rash. Also the other matters I have already discussed in previous posts and comments. I hope now they go for less experimenting and instead concentrate on creating the passion and divinity a Radha Krishna story deserves. I might sound dumb but I still have hopes. 

Also I want Radha to know about Ayan and team's misdeeds and that Krishna knew all about that and still kept her in the dark. Then make Krishna realise how wrong it was without him justifying it. But I guess I will have to let that go. ðŸ¤”

Abhisara or Abhisarika is one of the special traits of Ashta Vidha Nayikas! Abhisara means --Abhisarika â€“ one who is impatient and wants to meet him, but he has not yet come. She boldly goes out to meet her lover herself, an adulteress. (Padam Choodare by Kshetrayya, Ashtapadi Nibhrita Nikunja by Jayadeva)  ---- thanks to Viswashruti for this beautiful definition. 

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Another wonderful thread / post from you friend. ðŸ¤— There is so much to ponder regarding the separation of RK and their soul connection from now onwards. 

Till now, as long as they were meeting each other regularly, it was a love saga, a beautiful love story with full of wonderful moments in their association in those yearning desires![ talking about the actual story , it didn't happen in this serial!!!]   But the moment they were separated from each other, that is the beginning of the Divine love, that wistful longing to meet each other, the dawn of realization that they were separated forever, and that soul connection, the realization ,  a hankering to be in each other's embrace, to share the endearing affection, but accepting the reality in a hard way and finally established the soul connection which kept them united in another realm till eternity. 

Ayan must be a side character now, he should sit aside to do pooja to Kali Maa. Not eligible to look at Radha! 

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: stormborn

Again I am creating a separate post for a comment I made ðŸ¤ª

TBH I don't have any problem with watching an extra marital affair between RK because that's the actual RK story. It's in our culture and well defined by mythology experts how in spite of not fulfilling the societal requirements, their love was divine. I even wouldn't mind physical intimacy and consummation between them ( there are plenty of pictures in the temples and books in support to that. I even had to study one of those books in school course for my mother tongue ). Basically the real story is starting now. The passionate prohibited love which has the potential to show the flavour of the real RK story which is the most famous love story in India. Even more famous than Laila-majnu, heer-ranjha etc. ( Which were also prohibited by society as well ). Till now they were just featuring an introduction with the vikaars and making it somehow appropriate to 2019 ( which I absolutely loved ). I am disappointed only at the marriage track, specially the sacrifice track and making their whole relationship plus the later humiliation public and ruining rash. Also the other matters I have already discussed in previous posts and comments. I hope now they go for less experimenting and instead concentrate on creating the passion and divinity a Radha Krishna story deserves. I might sound dumb but I still have hopes. 

Also I want Radha to know about Ayan and team's misdeeds and that Krishna knew all about that and still kept her in the dark. Then make Krishna realise how wrong it was without him justifying it. But I guess I will have to let that go. ðŸ¤”

Abhisara or Abhisarika is one of the special traits of Ashta Vidha Nayikas! Abhisara means --Abhisarika â€“ one who is impatient and wants to meet him, but he has not yet come. She boldly goes out to meet her lover herself, an adulteress. (Padam Choodare by Kshetrayya, Ashtapadi Nibhrita Nikunja by Jayadeva)  ---- thanks to Viswashruti for this beautiful definition. 

Bold: It's my dearest wish, I really want Radha to punish Ayan, she has to do something. She has to show this family her true anger, to make them understand that it all pays off one day, and now that she's in this house, it's time to get back on the right track!

But this wish, stay back. 

I'm not sure they're going to do that...

Anyway, for the moment, we just have to see them still crying over their fate, Radha has to harden up a little more to face Jatila.

ReadLo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Another wonderful thread / post from you friend. ðŸ¤— There is so much to ponder regarding the separation of RK and their soul connection from now onwards. 

Till now, as long as they were meeting each other regularly, it was a love saga, a beautiful love story with full of wonderful moments in their association in those yearning desires![ talking about the actual story , it didn't happen in this serial!!!]   But the moment they were separated from each other, that is the beginning of the Divine love, that wistful longing to meet each other, the dawn of realization that they were separated forever, and that soul connection, the realization ,  a hankering to be in each other's embrace, to share the endearing affection, but accepting the reality in a hard way and finally established the soul connection which kept them united in another realm till eternity. 

Ayan must be a side character now, he should sit aside to do pooja to Kali Maa. Not eligible to look at Radha! 

You know, Madhu, I don't see any devotion on the horizon.

Let me explain.

As you said at the beginning it was a love saga with their ardent desire, filled with badha to overcome.

Now the badha that presents itself is the distance from the fact that Radha is a married woman, that she has daughter-in-law responsibilities to keep.

Where are you going to bring in the part where she gets closer to Narayan?

Radha hasn't been configured that way, after all, you may be right, but I'm not going to tell you otherwise.

But I think after Radha told Ayan today that for her, in a marriage love is the main key, there are still obstacles in Radha's way of thinking.

She still thinks like a human, so it's going to be complicated for her.

Moreover Radha doesn't know who Krishna is, she thinks he's Mayavi, so unless they make a 360 degree turn, and they make sure Krishna tells Radha the truth so she can feel who he is, we'll always be in the same boat...

For Ayan, he will not become a secondary character easily.

He is very angry with Radha because she refuses to accept his love.

He will still do things, he is Radha's husband (as he likes to say) but she doesn't give him the right, so he has Radha without having her and he is not satisfied!

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Keep all your Hope's to zilch or low. This is a show and it's better that way. I agree with cyn in that aspect that I too do not see any divinity at all in the horizon main reason being she does not know that he is Narayan himself. Devotion will set in only if she knows who he is otherwise it will just be earthly love. 

stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

Keep all your Hope's to zilch or low. This is a show and it's better that way. I agree with cyn in that aspect that I too do not see any divinity at all in the horizon main reason being she does not know that he is Narayan himself. Devotion will set in only if she knows who he is otherwise it will just be earthly love. 

I meant divinity in the sense of worshipping the concept of love but not the lovers as pure and 'divine'. Unconditional love without any future expectations. Which is above of any social conformity. Where both of the lovers' souls are each other's halves, better halves in true sense even they are physically apart. No1 is submissive or dominant ( I hope, just hope that now they strengthen Radha's character and give the feminist Krishna back . I am not good with literary description and writing but I hope u guys got what I meant. They made Ayan evil and made it a blackmailed marriage to justify the extra marital as per to the current era so that it doesn't look like cheating or cringeworthy. From the 2nd episode I knew that this version would be far from the real stories. So I never expected that and took it as a costume play in 2019's contemporary story setting. Like the way girls and boys meet, Radha having a male childhood friend, even the brides never act shy in their weddings, Radha pre wedding met bhyomesh, plus all the vikaars they covered were basically about the problems created by the lovers themselves in the present day relationships. It has always kind of been like 'pyar ka panchnama' teen version censored cut. I had no problem watching mortal love from which mortals could actually learn something as they had claimed. Radha's vikaars are very commonly seen in normal people and I liked how they dealt with those. Usually the romantic shows portray love by following the stereotype that the girl is always clumsy and submissive. She keeps falling every now and then and the love interest keeps holding her and then they unnaturally keep staring at each other which creeps the heck out of me. I can still watch the Ramanand sagar Shree Krishna if I wanted to watch a love story between divine beings. 

Until now it was immature teen love where they had lots of future expectations. Now they don't have any----- just irresistible, unconditional, passionate love. I just wish they portray that beautifully. I had learnt nothing more to expect since the 2nd or at most 3rd episode and still loved it to bits.

RainFire125 thumbnail

I meant divinity in the sense of worshipping the concept of love but not the lovers as pure and 'divine'. Unconditional love without any future expectations. Which is above of any social conformity. Where both of the lovers' souls are each other's halves, better halves in true sense even they are physically apart. No1 is submissive or dominant ( I hope, just hope that now they strengthen Radha's character and give the feminist Krishna back . I am not good with literary description and writing but I hope u guys got what I meant. They made Ayan evil and made it a blackmailed marriage to justify the extra marital as per to the current era so that it doesn't look like cheating or cringeworthy. From the 2nd episode I knew that this version would be far from the real stories. So I never expected that and took it as a costume play in 2019's contemporary story setting. Like the way girls and boys meet, Radha having a male childhood friend, even the brides never act shy in their weddings, Radha pre wedding met bhyomesh, plus all the vikaars they covered were basically about the problems created by the lovers themselves in the present day relationships. It has always kind of been like 'pyar ka panchnama' teen version censored cut. I had no problem watching mortal love from which mortals could actually learn something as they had claimed. Radha's vikaars are very commonly seen in normal people and I liked how they dealt with those. Usually the romantic shows portray love by following the stereotype that the girl is always clumsy and submissive. She keeps falling every now and then and the love interest keeps holding her and then they unnaturally keep staring at each other which creeps the heck out of me. I can still watch the Ramanand sagar Shree Krishna if I wanted to watch a love story between divine beings. 

Until now it was immature teen love where they had lots of future expectations. Now they don't have any----- just irresistible, unconditional, passionate love. I just wish they portray that beautifully. I had learnt nothing more to expect since the 2nd or at most 3rd episode and still loved it to bits.

I too concur with the part that atleast they did not do a cliche presentation of the journey towards love between RK. My issue is (my own i meant :) ), i just cannot see them as humans. My fault i know ... ha ha and that too if they are humans on earth that main traits should be prevalent with them. So i was not at all ok with the Jealousy track. I accepted the vikars route and Rest were bearable for me!! Ofcourse in between there were lot of scenes that I loved due to which i made a separate post too stating what all I loved about this show!! Overall i was very OK with the Moh and Krodh track and to some extent with the Ego track. I was very disappointed with the identity losing track even though Radha's questions to Krishna and her reactions were very logical. But love cannot just completely disappear from the earth so as per me the last leaf should not have fallen. Atleast a fragment of the leaf should have been there. After that when the marriage fiasco and hype started I was in two minds. Since they had taken so much of creative liberty i thought OK, maybe they will take a good liberty this time. But i guess my foolishness :). They could have shown this Ayan marriage in a completely different way or approached it in a diff manner altogether. Point is they made this a sacrifice that any girl would make for her parents. Right?? I mean this is not a mahaan sacrifice which is like a special one taken only by RK. Or they could have shown Radha to not marry at all till Krishna is in Vrindavan. As per Padma purana she marries only after he leaves. But well, whats shown is shown. We have no control over it. If Radha grows a spine - good. And if they show an unconditional love - even better.

stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

I too concur with the part that atleast they did not do a cliche presentation of the journey towards love between RK. My issue is (my own i meant :) ), i just cannot see them as humans. My fault i know ... ha ha and that too if they are humans on earth that main traits should be prevalent with them. So i was not at all ok with the Jealousy track. I accepted the vikars route and Rest were bearable for me!! Ofcourse in between there were lot of scenes that I loved due to which i made a separate post too stating what all I loved about this show!! Overall i was very OK with the Moh and Krodh track and to some extent with the Ego track. I was very disappointed with the identity losing track even though Radha's questions to Krishna and her reactions were very logical. But love cannot just completely disappear from the earth so as per me the last leaf should not have fallen. Atleast a fragment of the leaf should have been there. After that when the marriage fiasco and hype started I was in two minds. Since they had taken so much of creative liberty i thought OK, maybe they will take a good liberty this time. But i guess my foolishness :). 

They could have shown this Ayan marriage in a completely different way or approached it in a diff manner altogether. Point is they made this a sacrifice that any girl would make for her parents. Right?? I mean this is not a mahaan sacrifice which is like a special one taken only by RK. Or they could have shown Radha to not marry at all till Krishna is in Vrindavan. As per Padma purana she marries only after he leaves. But well, whats shown is shown. We have no control over it. If Radha grows a spine - good. And if they show an unconditional love - even better.

I too had problems with the jealousy track. The way Krishna manipulated and played mind games with Radha alongside Chandrabali Is never acceptable, not even by humans let alone by a god. But they glamorized that. There should have been some other way to deal with that problem.

Identity losing track didn't make any sense. Plus it doesn't look like she has yet recovered her identity as she is still Krishna's yes man. So no point of that track.

Actually they have tried making it a feminist show. I give them that. But that attempt was not always successful. Radha was the one to be always at fault. She has been called out by Krishna. But whenever Krishna did something wrong in a contemporary sense or acted like a mortal teen, they always glamorized it. Those were the moments they remembered him as a God. Not by his actions, instead covering up his actions as if those were much needed for Radha's good. If even a single person learns to manipulate like that in the creators' love school, fir toh Ho Gaya !! 

They kept messing up from time to time and then had the major mess up since identity loss. Ironically, with that track the show RK itself somehow lost its identity. With my thread, I just elaborated my wishful thoughts. But can't say my hopes are high.....may be some thin rays at most.

@bold 100% agree

ReadLo thumbnail

I too had problems with the jealousy track. The way Krishna manipulated and played mind games with Radha alongside Chandrabali Is never acceptable, not even by humans let alone by a god. But they glamorized that. There should have been some other way to deal with that problem.

Identity losing tract didn't make any sense. Plus it doesn't look like she has yet recovered her identity as she is still Krishna's yes man. So no point in that track.

Actually they have tried making it a feminist show. I give them that. But that attempt was not always successful. Radha was the one to be always at fault. She has been called out by Krishna. but whenever Krishna did something wrong in a contemporary way or acted like a mortal teen, they always glamorized it. Those were the moments they remembered him as a God. Not by his actions, instead covering up his actions as if those are much needed. If even a single person learns to manipulate like that in the creators' love school, for toh Ho Gaya !! 

They kept messing up from time to time and then had the major mess up since identity loss. Ironically, with that track the show RK itself somehow lost its identity. With my thread, I just elaborated my wishful thoughts. But can't say my hopes are high.....may be some tiny rays at most.

Storn I join Gayatri on the answer of your first message.

Radha has not yet broken her chains, her love is still very earthly. Her duties and the point of view of society are still important to her. Maybe next week will be decisive on this point, when she will know that Krishna is leaving, but it won't happen immediately, she really has to wake up, and for that Krishna must not try to contain her again with her story of "duty"! Radha has to make her own decisions, anyway the Ugrapat family got what they wanted so they have to do with it now!

I've said it a thousand times, Krishna was a very bad teacher, he never tried to calm Radha, and when he tried he made riddles, so the contradictory spirit and preservation made her refuse to listen to him.

In each badha, he had good times, we are not going to deny it, but the way it was treated was not the right way.

For me the worst are "irsha" and "bhay".

And the best are "moh" and "krodh"

I told you in another answer, "Who is Radha?"

She hasn't found out who she is yet, and what she needs to do. She still follows too many rules, she hasn't decided who she wants to be yet.

This whole loss of identity thing was the worst thing they could show us. And then the loss of love, I would have liked to have had the CV's on hand when he decided to write this! 

RadhaKrishn are 16 years old, that Radha is immature is understandable, however Krishna should have remained who he was from the beginning, it is still an unacceptable fault 

This marriage should not have taken place at all, Ayan should have paid first and then Krishna knowing that he is not going to stay, he could have told Radha to give him a second chance and marry him, but at the end when he leaves.... The manipulation, the lies, and the so-called "sacrifice" I couldn't stand.

Then I don't think like everyone else, Ugrapat was selfish, Radha accepted the request to save her father, but personally I would have been selfish too, and I would have explained why, but well when the girl has free will in this kind of story? I can't be asked to sacrifice myself when no one wants to face the truth! 

Krishna lied to Radha several times, hid it from him, said "I'll tell you one day", or laughed when Radha refused to believe it. I didn't like it either, he knows who they are, he should have been open with Radha. He killed the asore behind his back, he made it look like she killed some of them when they joined forces... It was very clumsy, maybe it was intended for what will happen... or not...

I agree 100% with you, the show lost its title, that's why I say the wedding shouldn't have taken place now! Radha was already going to join Krishna at night hours, it could have been a conversation and made sure that Vrishban was told the facts about Radha, a single girl who hangs out at night, that's what Jatila did in the "Moh and Krodh" track, it was justifiable, now they made sure to mix so many things, that it's just incomprehensible !

I have no hope, I just want to see if Radha will wake up and find out the truth. And then will this diamond be used or not?!

RainFire125 thumbnail

Identity losing track didn't make any sense. Plus it doesn't look like she has yet recovered her identity as she is still Krishna's yes man. So no point of that track.

Actually they have tried making it a feminist show. I give them that. But that attempt was not always successful. Radha was the one to be always at fault. She has been called out by Krishna. But whenever Krishna did something wrong in a contemporary sense or acted like a mortal teen, they always glamorized it. Those were the moments they remembered him as a God. Not by his actions, instead covering up his actions as if those were much needed for Radha's good. If even a single person learns to manipulate like that in the creators' love school, fir toh Ho Gaya !! 

They kept messing up from time to time and then had the major mess up since identity loss. Ironically, with that track the show RK itself somehow lost its identity. With my thread, I just elaborated my wishful thoughts. But can't say my hopes are high.....may be some thin rays at most.

@bold 100% agree

They could have atleast kept Krishna as Narayan and show the vikars removing from that aspect and slowly open up that part also to Radha. That way by now she would have known who he is.