Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

They were not paired with eachother. Its like saying since the lead actor is 60+ rest all cast should be 60+ too. That said anything above 10 yrs is actually a generation gap and I cringe at such pairings no matter who is part of that pair.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shabbo.Ji

Its absolutely fine.. you know why? Because Rajni is from the South. & South actors are allowed to do anything.. & they won't be bashed here. ðŸĪŠ

But the same group of people will shamelessly bash Salman Khan or any Bollywood actor if they do a movie with a girl younger than them.. but since Rajni -a south actor is in the case, they'll either try to justify it, or won't comment on this thread, but will show up like hypocrites on Salman-Alia movie threads. ðŸ˜†

Because this is bolly forum they can be bashed in south movies forum 😁

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Its normal to see actors romancing with someone of his daughter's age. In this case, she is 40 above so it's bit less cringey. 

Amy is 27 years old. You mistook it as the 40 years age difference.

Rajini wasn't romancing Amy in the movie except the chain strip scene(which was done by evil 2.0 version) and end credits song, if we go by Bollywood definition of romance being singing, dancing and running behind trees. 

But there was a romantic angle between them, though it was one sided from Amy's character.

Although personally I don't have a problem with age-gap romance, even if hero is acting like an idiot in 20s. It is just acting for me, so I don't care. The actresses are not kids, they are grown up adults with free will. 

The main problem I guess people have is the inequality between actors and actresses career. While actresses get retired and become an aunty after passing 35, actors remain young and keep on romancing girls of their's daughters age(in Rajini's case, granddaughters). In that case, audience is supposed to be stop being sexist, instead of asking them to be more ageist. Oh, you are 50, you're supposed to act like so and so. That's stereotyping!!! 

Originally posted by: Shabbo.Ji

Its absolutely fine.. you know why? Because Rajni is from the South. & South actors are allowed to do anything.. & they won't be bashed here. ðŸĪŠ

But the same group of people will shamelessly bash Salman Khan or any Bollywood actor if they do a movie with a girl younger than them.. but since Rajni -a south actor is in the case, they'll either try to justify it, or won't comment on this thread, but will show up like hypocrites on Salman-Alia movie threads. ðŸ˜†

Why only South actors? Even Ajay gets a free pass. Didn't see anyone creating fuss over De De Pyar De. Its only Khans who can't romance young actresses. Even Ranbir as he's too old to be Alia's boyfriend but his rival RS can romance her in movies. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Luna46

Why only South actors? Even Ajay gets a free pass. Didn't see anyone creating fuss over De De Pyar De. Its only Khans who can't romance young actresses. Even Ranbir as he's too old to be Alia's boyfriend but his rival RS can romance her in movies. 

Ya.. Ranbir Kapoor is 3 years elder to Ranveer..a whole generation apart..so he is an aged Kaka.

He looks like Alia's uncle but Ranveer is just 8 years elder to her..looks fine

Originally posted by: niyati13

Ya.. Ranbir Kapoor is 3 years elder to Ranveer..a whole generation apart..so he is an aged Kaka.

He looks like Alia's uncle but Ranveer is just 8 years elder to her..looks fine

3 years difference hai, 30 years nahi, whole generation apart lmao. You know that Alia is not a kid, even if she looks like one right? Perception is not reality. 

Yeah sure, 8 years is not a big deal. Its "just". 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Luna acc hack hua kiya Khans support m post 

Btw akki get free pass to paired with Kriti in Hf lol

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Amy is past her adult age. Her wish to romance a 67 years old buddha. I seriously don't get the fuss over age gaps romance between two consenting adults.

Same with Alia and Salman, InshAllah is based on age gap romance, don't understand the over reaction in this case also.

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Rajni and Amy were playing robots, Rajni wasn't playing himself and if he was it would have been a different storyline... In a movie characters and acting matters, age is not important