Babita’s business

Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I feel there is one flaw in PB... from the start they have showed Babita start a business with no support..she cooks food alone with some help from Minni and Naeem Bi...then two ladies start helping her...but is that all required for such a big business...if u take catering work for all Pataila police stations ...if v accept that and move ahead ...what about the engagement catering service...in no time on knowing abt the engagement they take up that work...in the evening they prepare n number of dishes for some 100 odd guests ..they do not have any help at home aswell...I understand that they might be not showing them buying stuff or preparing it...but that needs to be shown so it becomes believable ...are there no hardships or issues faced..I had seen one show earlier where the issues related to a cooking business were shown well...here the prime topic is the same hence feel that carries weightage ....anytime whn they decide to take up a big order ...they easily accomplish it with just 3 ladies who are also not that efficient ....all three ladies are actually performing work of one maybe...why have they not shown any help taken for this work...a proper setup for a cooking business...the problems v need to tackle in a cooking business ...when they take orders why there are no real efficient ppl helping them..it is not so simple to take orders and cook all alone whn a order is big or occasion is big ....someone who cooks well at home definitely will be good as far as cooking goes but whn the same person takes up that business it is a different ball game as u need help for preparation...since the quantity aswell as variation differs...the entire preparation and showing it is important...atleast once they need to show it and thn they can continue because they have shown the process ...it can’t be a simple thing like u take a big order and accomplish it successfully as not only will the qty be large but so will be the variation of dishes ..

Think they should have focused on this aspect ...the catering order would have been the best to show this as however urgent it was...it is not possible to prepare such food in 4 hours for a huge crowd ....as u need to get stuff aswell ...and need ppl 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Technically they have other flaws too. For example, in this conference track, menus are decided by the client, not by the caterer. These people give options and they choose. 

But that said, I guess it's because it's a small town, and at a function too, there won't be more than 20-30 people, 2-3 people can easily cook with some help. And they had help na. 

sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: najma123

Technically they have other flaws too. For example, in this conference track, menus are decided by the client, not by the caterer. These people give options and they choose. 

But that said, I guess it's because it's a small town, and at a function too, there won't be more than 20-30 people, 2-3 people can easily cook with some help. And they had help na. 

Hey 

Hi Najma 

Good to see u here..

How r u

And Eid Mubarak 

sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

@ TM

I totally agree with your views..

This was one point that I alway thought but never discussed.

The very first instance...

When she got the police department order no hardships shown at all. Everything went smoothly and the food was ready and done.

I don’t know if u guys have noticed but she is still cooking on a gas stove with only two burners. So does she manage everything such huge orders on only one stove?

I’m very sure babita is no superwoman.

During preet’s engagement I was wondering how did she manage so much in such a short span of time. Along with that the serving buffets and utensils that were kept at the table. The waiters and stuff.

How was that arranged? We wanted to see that how she managed to fulfill the requirements of the situation.

But nothing was shown at all and instead she was there ready to welcome guests.

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

For Preeti Wedding the food was made by Babita but everything was already there including food to cook as the other Caterer backed out. All was paid for by the Parents of Preeti and everything was set up by them.

If they show all these little things than it will be Cooking show than all the episode will be taken up by chopping and cooking.

Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guddi01

For Preeti Wedding the food was made by Babita but everything was already there including food to cook as the other Caterer backed out. All was paid for by the Parents of Preeti and everything was set up by them.

If they show all these little things than it will be Cooking show than all the episode will be taken up by chopping and cooking.

Agree to what u are saying that all can’t be shown but nothing is being shown that is the issue. If they wud have shown one episode to cover this that would have been enough. Not required later.

Even though the caterers were there food preparation of such huge magnitude was done by Babita. Food and everything else is usually done by caterer so assuming this was ready is also not correct. But if we consider that still what abt cooking it.  It was her first big order and everything seemed smooth. 

Also generally also what abt the utensils...she does washing cleaning all on her own. Everyday she prepares a lot as she does Tiffin’s for entire Pataila police force ...She got some 2 lakh rupees so u can imagine how big the order is...I agree they can’t cover everything but they can’t skip completely.

After all the show is abt the catering service so they should have first shown her struggle ...once they show that they do not need to always focus on the same.

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hiii. Same to you man! Hope you had fun. I am good. How you doing? @sweet_tehs 

Edited by najma123 - 4 years ago