Users

Frequent Posters

pranurosid thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

She is modern yet very spiritual❤️

Be positive and never let negativity affect your life just like Teja😎⭐️

Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar gets candid

THE ASIAN AGE. | LIPIKA VARMA Published : Sep 1, 2017, 12:31 am IST Updated : Sep 1, 2017, 12:35 am IST

The actress, in the eye of the storm for the now-off air Pehredaar Piya Ki, says she’s enjoying time off for Ganeshotsav.

A still from Pehredaar Piya Ki A still from Pehredaar Piya Ki

Sony TV’s controversial television show Pehredaar Piya Ki has made all the wrong noises. The story, that showed a nine-year-old boy marrying a woman twice his age had its fair share of detractors. After a petition, the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) asked the show to be taken off the 9 pm slot, and pushed into the 10 pm one. However, that relief was a short-lived one for the team, as the show was unceremoniously taken off air earlier this week. 

However, the show’s female lead, Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar, is a relaxed woman. “I’m not missing work at all,” smiles the actress. “I’m relaxing at home and taking care of Lord Ganesh. My parents are also happy that I’m spending quality time with them.”

But quiz her on the show going off air and she says, “Actually, I’ve been asked by the channel to not comment on the issue at all. We had a meeting about the issue, and after a regular meeting, the channel decided everything. And we were all okay with it.”

Tejasvi Prakash Wayangankar

Is she sad that the show went off air so quickly? “Not at all!” she exclaims. “Why should I feel sad? On the contrary, the audiences loved my performances, and I received loads of positive compliments about my exuberance. It’s indeed sad for the writers, though, who had brought up this social stigma and religious belief about child marriage. They were really putting in a lot of efforts.”

She adds, “I have not decided anything about my future plans with regards to getting more shows or even working in films. I’ve just taken a short break, and now being the festive season, I’m enjoying Ganeshotsav.”

Tejasswi gets visibly excited talking about the festival. “I don’t know since when exactly we’ve been bringing Ganeshji home. When my dad was younger, my daadi (grandmother) would bring Ganeshji home every year. So even I’ve been enjoying this festival from my childhood days,” she smiles.

“In fact,” adds Tejasswi, “This year is the right time I’m at home. Ever since I have grown up, I love taking care of Ganeshji by myself. I plan bringing Him home much in advance. I also chalk out food, dress and other requirements of Ganeshji that have to be taken care of. We keep the idol home for almost seven days. I make food with my own hands during the time, and I don’t like leaving Him alone. Thus, I’m home all the time. Of course, in my absence, if at all there’s an emergency, I know my mother will take care of him.”

pranurosid thumbnail

"Beauty" is how you feel about yourself❤️..

She always prefers to look natural..She is one among those very few actresses who has no qualms in facing camera without makeup⭐️❤️

INSIDE MY BAG SEGMENT WITH TEJASSWI PRAKASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPoozb4LnU

Edited by pranurosid - 4 years ago
Vartika026 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pranurosid

"Beauty" is how you feel about yourself❤️..

She always prefers to look natural..She is one among those very few actresses who has no qualms in facing camera without makeup⭐️❤️

INSIDE MY BAG SEGMENT WITH TEJASSWI PRAKASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPoozb4LnU

I've watched almost all the IVs of teju.....she's super cute.....I just wanna pull her cheeks😍😍😍💜💜😘😘😘😘

pranurosid thumbnail

One of my fav IV of Teju❤️ Her smile is a bliss to watch❤️

Best buddies ever.. My favs Teja and Varun (TeVar)❤️⭐️

Teju completed her Engineering when she was doing " Swaragini "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Ws_cGim2c

pranurosid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vartika026

I've watched almost all the IVs of teju.....she's super cute.....I just wanna pull her cheeks😍😍😍💜💜😘😘😘😘

No make up items in her bag😉.. She is all spiritual and a big book worm❤️⭐️

Sushma_Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It was never my dream to act: Tejaswi Prakash

Actress Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar, who last played the role of Ragini in Swaragini, says becoming an actor was never a dream for her.

"I used to act during my childhood… It's just that now I am getting paid for it. It was never my dream to do acting. It was something that just happened and not something I planned," Tejaswi told here during the promotion of her new show "Pehredar Piya Ki".

Her tryst with acting happened by chance.

"I participated in inter-college fashion shows, personality shows and dance competitions. One day, I was just called for a daily soap audition and thought not to go, but my mother accompanied me to try it and I got selected."

With "Swaragini", she became a popular face for TV viewers.

Tejaswi will now be seen portraying the role of a 18-year-old Princess Diya alongside child actor Afaan Khan, who plays Prince Ratan Singh. The show has already grabbed attention with its promos ahead of its telecast later on July, given how it shows the younger one applying vermillion on the actress' head.

Explaining the concept, Tejaswi said: "An unusual concept is showcased through the show. It's journey of how people mend in a relationship which is not common. The show has new things to see that nobody has seen between a husband and a wife," Tejaswi told.

She describes her character as a "young, cute, bubbly kind of a girl, who is very proud of herself".

"She does mistakes, is quite shy and timid, and she surprises everyone. In the show, she takes a lot of decisions, doesn't regret and stands by it," she added.

Tejaswi said child marriage is not the basis of the show.

"It's not at all based on child marriage. It is about a husband and his guard, not husband and his wife. As there is something that he needs a guard," said Tejaswi.

"I cannot deny the fact that a child is getting married in the show, so in a way it is child marriage, but that is not something we are promoting… The relationship cannot be like child marriage as we both (characters) do not know the definition of love, nor there is nothing like romance on the show. We are not married in a romantic way, we are just like friends," she said.

Why is there a need to guard Ratan's character?

"There is something that's happening in his (Ratan's) life, where he needs somebody to become a shield between him and the problems. And Diya is the one who decides to be the 'pehredar,' Tejaswi said.

She says it's not a finite show.

"There will be a leap. The guy will grow up and we will stretch it for long," the actress said.

https://www.thestatesman.com/entertainment/interviews/it-was-never-my-dream-to-act-tejaswi-prakash-1499332562.html

pranurosid thumbnail

A small surprise by her fans to celebrate the 6 years Journey of her career⭐️❤️

She was so excited and happy just like an innocent child❤️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFOPl7izGJs

pranurosid thumbnail

She loved this segment and I loved her honest and genuine answers❤️😎..

Also watching her all smiling and enjoying makes me much more happier❤️😃

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNRYLtGdAr0&t=186s

pranurosid thumbnail

She is very spiritual and a devotee of Lord Ganesha😃

Look at how she was so excited to share her experience while making Murti of Ganesh Ji❤️.. She is so simple and genuine❤️ ..Moreover multi talented too😎⭐️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNvbFrIgdxA

pranurosid thumbnail

Just 5 more days to go for this cutie pie's bday🥳❤️