Dayaan Ending so soon on 14th july??

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi, I am silent reader mostly. But i have been watching this show and loved it so much. Liked Tina Datta's acting and her & Mohit's Jodi looks so beautiful on screen. Both r so good looking. Now i just saw an article on India forum that the show is ending on 14th july.

why so early? I think there could be lot in the show and i guess popularity and Trp wise show is good. What is the latest trp?

I feel Akarsh Loves Jhanvi so much. 

Edited by bingyy - 4 years ago

Welcome to the forum!! 😊

Tina and Mohit looks amazing onscreen. They complement each other onscreen but the story is too boring and getting only disgusting with the makers showing consummation track of Akarsh with someone else. Hopefully they don't show such stuff. Memory loss track is quite common in ITV but consummation of male lead with someone else in name of memory loss looks so bad and never seen such stupidity on ITV. 

The show I think was always a finite series which was to end in around June. In the launch only they mentioned that it'll be a finite series. The trps are just 0.3 which seems very low for a production house which has been giving only top trps shows like Naagin, Kasauti, Kumkum and so on except for Daayan.

Even Naagin was to end after a finite number of months ( same as Daayan) but it has been trp topper so it got an extension. And also in terms of popularity, I guess its not that popular as compared to other shows. There are hardly any BTS, or articles about the track except for a few by IWM. And if such track of male lead consummating with someone else happened in other show , the audience would have flooded the social media of production house and channel to stop such disgusting track. The story has changed from great in starting, to boring in middle to completely bad now. 

The show was at a point highest rated TRP show on andtv at least (0.8 around the track when AKarshvi story progressed, even AKarshvi story seems quite different, it was not typical hate/ or ego clash between leads, it was just a simple lack of communication) but gradually lost its charm and freshness when they started bringing typical ghunghat wali shadi track, akarsh proposing to nandini to make jhanvi jelous, Jhanvi marrying him secretly. EVen after that they didnt focus on their story and built it gradually, they just showed Jhanvi being attacked or possesed by the daayan and Akarsh taking care of her. Viraj track was so unnecessary and totally unrelated to the main story,(it looked totally unplanned and absurd on the story writter's part) Satrups was quite a likable character but she cant like her a bit now the way they have shown her now. 

Wish they dont spoil it anymore in name of trps as the show is already ending.

Originally posted by The_Trendsetter

Welcome to the forum!! 😊

Tina and Mohit looks amazing onscreen. They complement each other onscreen but the story is too boring and getting only disgusting with the makers showing consummation track of Akarsh with someone else. Hopefully they don't show such stuff. Memory loss track is quite common in ITV but consummation of male lead with someone else in name of memory loss looks so bad and never seen such stupidity on ITV. 

The show I think was always a finite series which was to end in around June. In the launch only they mentioned that it'll be a finite series. The trps are just 0.3 which seems very low for a production house which has been giving only top trps shows like Naagin, Kasauti, Kumkum and so on except for Daayan.

Even Naagin was to end after a finite number of months ( same as Daayan) but it has been trp topper so it got an extension. And also in terms of popularity, I guess its not that popular as compared to other shows. There are hardly any BTS, or articles about the track except for a few by IWM. And if such track of male lead consummating with someone else happened in other show , the audience would have flooded the social media of production house and channel to stop such disgusting track. The story has changed from great in starting, to boring in middle to completely bad now. 

The show was at a point highest rated TRP show on andtv at least (0.8 around the track when AKarshvi story progressed, even AKarshvi story seems quite different, it was not typical hate/ or ego clash between leads, it was just a simple lack of communication) but gradually lost its charm and freshness when they started bringing typical ghunghat wali shadi track, akarsh proposing to nandini to make jhanvi jelous, Jhanvi marrying him secretly. EVen after that they didnt focus on their story and built it gradually, they just showed Jhanvi being attacked or possesed by the daayan and Akarsh taking care of her. Viraj track was so unnecessary and totally unrelated to the main story,(it looked totally unplanned and absurd on the story writter's part) Satrups was quite a likable character but she cant like her a bit now the way they have shown her now. 

Wish they dont spoil it anymore in name of trps as the show is already ending.

I used to watch a show on zee tv many years ago on zee tv called sindoor tere naam ka. Married male lead lost his memory, a girl who's boyfriend is look-a-like of male lead thought the male lead was her boyfriend. He started living with her and slept with her. When he eventually got his memory back he went back to his wife and family where he found out his look-a-like was pretending to be him in front of his wife and family during all this time. His family finally found out the man living with them was only the look-a-like trying to trick them for money. The male lead gets back with his wife, the female lead, but one day after the female lead finds out she can't conceive, in the same hospital she spotted the male lead with that same girl who was now pregnant with the male lead's child from when he had memory loss. So indian serials are twisted enough to do this kind of shit. 

Edited by sammy17 - 4 years ago

Oh i did not know they planned to end it soon on launch.

Honestly speaking this show leads as Tina and Mohit are so beautiful looking together and convincing and i found the story quite interesting. They could show some more romance between the leads as far Dayaan concerns i found it creative compare to other balaji shows. 

if u watch kundali bhagya or kumkum bhagya for few weeks u will start pulling ur hair. its soo stupid. Dayaan i found watchable.

Also  as an actress i never saw Tina datta show before this one. only saw her now and God she is so beautiful with so beatiful face features.She has very romantic face. 

I used to like Shrenu parikh. i thought she is very pretty. But Tina is something else.

if this show ends will it have season 2/3.

I hope they do and they cast Tina back.

But i am not sure if they will cast Mohit with Tina because of their offscreen issue. But my God they look sooo good together. Amazing.

How i wish they were cast in KZK2 instead od their current leads. cause the female lead cannot act at all.Tina is very convincing actress.

Originally posted by sammy17

I used to watch a show on zee tv many years ago on zee tv called sindoor tere naam ka. Married male lead lost his memory, a girl who's boyfriend is look-a-like of male lead thought the male lead was her boyfriend. He started living with her and slept with her. When he eventually got his memory back he went back to his wife and family where he found out his look-a-like was pretending to be him in front of his wife and family during all this time. His family finally found out the man living with them was only the look-a-like trying to trick them for money. The male lead gets back with his wife, the female lead, but one day after the female lead finds out she can't conceive, in the same hospital she spotted the male lead with that same girl who was now pregnant with the male lead's child from when he had memory loss. So indian serials are twisted enough to do this kind of shit. 

The only thing which comes to my mind after reading this is WT*!

I mean there is a limit to showing crappy stories in name of twists. I thought at least ITV hasn't shown such cheap tracks. Multiple shadis of male lead like literally they have made mockery of marriages with male lead marrying upto 4 times, then what not. And now such a disgusting storyline in name of twists.... 🤢👎🏼

Think of it if the cvs of Daayan had shown the female lead consummating with someone else thinking him to be someone else in such a condition of memory loss. It would be considered so ethically wrong. The person is consummating thinking the other person is someone else. How can the cvs promote such a track in name of twists. Just because he is male lead so they can show such scenes.

Have seen very beautifully written memory loss track too on ITV. Like they usually show that the person has lost memory but still has feelings for the one he/she loved and the person without any memories falling for the same person again. Which is evident because in shows at least love is shown to be heart to heart connection. Even in Daayn they have shown that AKarsh has forgotten Jhanvi but his heart somewhere still care for her and is attracted towards Jhanvi. I dont know in such condition how can they show such a track of him consummating with Satrupa.

The above show which you mentioned had atleast had some valid point acceptable that the girl who slept with the guy thought him to be his boyfriend who lost his memory. The scenario  for them was that they thought they were a couple. Though in this case too I can not understand how can memory loss just vanishes all the feelings of a person.

As for Daayan, Satrupa is shown to be something else entirely. She is just wanting to have such a relation with Akarsh just till she is satisfied with him. 🤢🤬 Such tracks just shows how low our mentality can go. Just imagine Jhanvi's memory lost and some supernaturaly inclined man who just have s** with every other pretty woman and kills then when he is satisfied with them, is attracted to Jhanvi and  consumates with her for the same reason!! This is unacceptable on cv's part to show such a track either its male or female.

In case of AKarsh, he is shown to be so deeply in love with Jhanvi like since his school. Its not two days old crush, they had shown to have such a sweet bond irrespective of them being from entirely different world. How will the cvs justify such a track at all. He is shown to be protective of her even if he lost is memory, showing such track after all those scenes don't know what the cvs want in future story!

Satrupa Akarsh child? 🤢👏

I mean there is a limit to showing crappy stories in name of twists. I thought at least ITV hasn't shown such cheap tracks. Multiple shadis of male lead like literally they have made mockery of marriages with male lead marrying upto 4 times, then what not. And now such a disgusting storyline in name of twists.... 🤢👎🏼

Think of it if the cvs of Daayan had shown the female lead consummating with someone else thinking him to be someone else in such a condition of memory loss. It would be considered so ethically wrong. The person is consummating thinking the other person is someone else. How can the cvs promote such a track in name of twists. Just because he is male lead so they can show such scenes.

Have seen very beautifully written memory loss track too on ITV. Like they usually show that the person has lost memory but still has feelings for the one he/she loved and the person without any memories falling for the same person again. Which is evident because in shows at least love is shown to be heart to heart connection. Even in Daayn they have shown that AKarsh has forgotten Jhanvi but his heart somewhere still care for her and is attracted towards Jhanvi. I dont know in such condition how can they show such a track of him consummating with Satrupa.

The above show which you mentioned had atleast had some valid point acceptable that the girl who slept with the guy thought him to be his boyfriend who lost his memory. The scenario  for them was that they thought they were a couple. Though in this case too I can not understand how can memory loss just vanishes all the feelings of a person.

As for Daayan, Satrupa is shown to be something else entirely. She is just wanting to have such a relation with Akarsh just till she is satisfied with him. 🤢🤬 Such tracks just shows how low our mentality can go. Just imagine Jhanvi's memory lost and some supernaturaly inclined man who just have s** with every other pretty woman and kills then when he is satisfied with them, is attracted to Jhanvi and  consumates with her for the same reason!! This is unacceptable on cv's part to show such a track either its male or female.

In case of AKarsh, he is shown to be so deeply in love with Jhanvi like since his school. Its not two days old crush, they had shown to have such a sweet bond irrespective of them being from entirely different world. How will the cvs justify such a track at all. He is shown to be protective of her even if he lost is memory, showing such track after all those scenes don't know what the cvs want in future story!

Satrupa Akarsh child? 🤢👏

It was disgusting because where on one hand the female lead despite believing the look-a-like to be her husband never got intimate with him as she started suspecting him (classic perfect female lead you see), whilst the male lead with memory loss on the other hand gets intimate with another girl believing her to be his girlfriend. ITV always make the female lead suffer this way where they show the female lead to be pious, pure and so committed that she would never get intimate with another man even unknowingly in a situation where the female lead is made to believe that man is her husband, yet the male lead is shown to always end up ditching the female lead or accidentally sleeping with another woman, portraying that at no cost should the female lead be intimate with any man other than the male lead to be loved and accepted by audience, yet if the male lead isn't as faithful even on accident he will still be accepted. 

Originally posted by bingyy

Oh i did not know they planned to end it soon on launch.

Honestly speaking this show leads as Tina and Mohit are so beautiful looking together and convincing and i found the story quite interesting. They could show some more romance between the leads as far Dayaan concerns i found it creative compare to other balaji shows. 

if u watch kundali bhagya or kumkum bhagya for few weeks u will start pulling ur hair. its soo stupid. Dayaan i found watchable.

Also  as an actress i never saw Tina datta show before this one. only saw her now and God she is so beautiful with so beatiful face features.She has very romantic face. 

I used to like Shrenu parikh. i thought she is very pretty. But Tina is something else.

if this show ends will it have season 2/3.

I hope they do and they cast Tina back.

But i am not sure if they will cast Mohit with Tina because of their offscreen issue. But my God they look sooo good together. Amazing.

How i wish they were cast in KZK2 instead od their current leads. cause the female lead cannot act at all.Tina is very convincing actress.

I totally agree what you said about Tina. She has such a fresh face and beautiful expressive eyes. SHe is a fab actress too. I have watched her in Uttaran too, she had improved by leaps and bounds. She couldn't even speak hindi properly when she entered Uttaran. And now her dialogue delivery is just so on point.

Other Ekta shows I never watched but the trps I don't know why are all really high for all ekta shows except daayan. To be honest I was quite impressed myself by the show in starting because this being ekta show had such a intuiging story, good pace, but they eventually lost the plot making it another saas bahu fight drama (Daayan vs Jhanvi) and the typical helpless male lead stuck in between! When the show started, both Jhanvi and Akarsh had such powerful vibes. Like "no sh** taking" type of good hearted characters. They showed their story so unique. There was tashan but not hatred wali tashan, or not typical friendly tashan, it was romance wali tashan, or flirty tashan. 

Mohit and Tinaa undoubtedly looks great onscreen. They look stunning together onscreen. 

I dont know but looking at the trps I doubt they'll make a second season. But I feel main reason for bad trps was the channel. The channel is not that good. Had the show been on zee tv, it would have managed to get better trps. 

Satrupa Akarsh child? 🤢👏

All Indian shows are same, and i would say i have seen worst in all these years.

Compare to other Balaji or other channel shows, i will say dayaan is still innocent show.

But no way i wish to see consummation with Satrupa. I wish to see that happens between Jhanvi and Akarsh.

Honestly seeing them together how i wish them to be in KZK2. because they would have looked so romantic and convincing.

Originally posted by sammy17

It was disgusting because where on one hand the female lead despite believing the look-a-like to be her husband never got intimate with him as she started suspecting him (classic perfect female lead you see), whilst the male lead with memory loss on the other hand gets intimate with another girl believing her to be his girlfriend. ITV always make the female lead suffer this way where they show the female lead to be pious, pure and so committed that she would never get intimate with another man even unknowingly in a situation where the female lead is made to believe that man is her husband, yet the male lead is shown to always end up ditching the female lead or accidentally sleeping with another woman, portraying that at no cost should the female lead be intimate with any man other than the male lead to be loved and accepted by audience, yet if the male lead isn't as faithful even on accident he will still be accepted. 

I kind of missed the switching of male lead with look a like part in the story you wrote! Exactly but then again as you say typical ITV. They should know where to draw a line. Its just that this is so unacceptable. Also in the memory loss track too I have seen some beautiful story too. Like the male lead losing memory but not being able to come close to anyone else because of his feelings for the leading lady even though he don't remember her. Then they show him falling in love with the same girl again even before regaining his memory. Justifying such a track with memory loss looks so absurd atleast in case of Akarsh because he is still shown to be protective of Jhanvi. Like he saved her from daayan gulams, when she felt unconcious,  he immediately is shown to go to her to check if she is right but is stopped midway, then that scene, jhanvi being stabbed scene, where Jhanvi before losing her  consciousness just softly murmurs "Akarsh" and he even feels that someone really close to him is injured, he runs to check who is check if eevryone is alright and he will save Jhanvi next week (again IWM article). After that showing consummation is like bad confusing and.... Especially for such a committed character like Akarsh. 

I totally agree what you said about Tina. She has such a fresh face and beautiful expressive eyes. SHe is a fab actress too. I have watched her in Uttaran too, she had improved by leaps and bounds. She couldn't even speak hindi properly when she entered Uttaran. And now her dialogue delivery is just so on point.

Other Ekta shows I never watched but the trps I don't know why are all really high for all ekta shows except daayan. To be honest I was quite impressed myself by the show in starting because this being ekta show had such a intuiging story, good pace, but they eventually lost the plot making it another saas bahu fight drama (Daayan vs Jhanvi) and the typical helpless male lead stuck in between! When the show started, both Jhanvi and Akarsh had such powerful vibes. Like "no sh** taking" type of good hearted characters. They showed their story so unique. There was tashan but not hatred wali tashan, or not typical friendly tashan, it was romance wali tashan, or flirty tashan. 

Mohit and Tinaa undoubtedly looks great onscreen. They look stunning together onscreen. 

I dont know but looking at the trps I doubt they'll make a second season. But I feel main reason for bad trps was the channel. The channel is not that good. Had the show been on zee tv, it would have managed to get better trps. 

Yes Tina is beautiful. Oh i had no idea how she was before. But i feel she is a very good actress. I like Shrenu parikh as well. But Tina blew me with her acting and beautiful eyes and nose.She has very delicate face features. Mohit is also very good looking. I dont have any other male leads in my mind whom i see as attractive. I think Tina and Mohit complimented each other very much look wise.

I found Dayaan watchable and like able because of these two.

I hope they do come back together. But i have my doubts.Mohit never looked this good with any actress before.

Kavach is another balaji shows which came back on colors for season 2 with different leads.

so may be dayaan will come back.

&Tv shows are nice. less headache. But trp wise i dont think people watch this channel that much.