•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM  ~ My musings 13.5.19   Who dares wins!

It’s to bear the pain of herpining love for Zaroon, that Kainat refuses the medication her mother offers her. This pain she endures  is to hermuch like a  fast she observes. Where she choses to suffer  and do so without respite. She compares the devotion of her Sufiyana love  to the observance of her fasting period. This resistance to give herself relief draws attention to which way Kainat’s heartis inclined. Saltanat’s concerned intervention for her welfare, Kainat wavers aside by insisting since she wasallowed to fast, she never missed a day of fasting. But interestingly  enough when Zaroon pops by and forces her totake medication during fasting.  Kainatwilling accepts the capsule from  hishand. His order she obeys willing. Kainat breaks a life- long faith rule ofobserving  fasting during Ramzan. But hangs on to her dreams about how Zaroon actually saved her from the flames andswept her off her feet to safety. The memory of the moment is a cure, a healing itself for her. She dares to win.. dares to dream..

Kainat’s flexibility towards fasting, forces Saltanat to impress upon Zaroon further, that perhaps he needsto consider the purity of Kainat’s Sufiyana love. She even compromises her principles all for his love. [Which Sultanat is not willing to do] Sultanat  jeers at him that he only uses words wizardry  to claim the sincerity of his love. For Zaroonthis is yet another challenge he engages in, to force Saltanat into confessing her love for him. He dares again to express his love!

Kainat has come to a stage ,where she lets her self go.  Zainab,Sultanat , even Zaroon can fathom how besotted she is by him. She  puts not a façade now. But is like a flower ,which suddenly  goes through the processof bloom.Her dreams  of Zaroon are likedoves that  are fancy free,  ready to take flight after short periods ofrest.  Innovative ideas come readily toher mind. As she tells her mother.. her whole universe is limited to her roomwhich she shares with her mother.  But she wants to allow another person into her universe.. Zaroon, She feels dutybound to allow him in her room, repay his favour of saving her, by favouring him with Iftari .Kainat dares to express her love!

Iftari  where loved ones break fast together, becomes an opportunity to reinforce  bonding  with loved ones.To further fresh bonds. Only the most sort after guests end up at the wrong Iftari party. Or as Zaroon utters, the ones meant for each other end up the appropriate  Iftari get together.

Both Zaroon and Kainat are determined not to let go of any chance whereby they can further their Sufiyana love.Zaroon’s aim is to show Saltanat that his love is not just based on lip service.That he too like Kainat uses ways and means to show he can pull a few surprises, eventually leading  Saltanat confess her love for him. Once more  the tact of he helps Humza and Humza helps him comes to play. Both dare to win!

Both the sisters are in for a surprise. Humza turns up alone at the Iftari  at Kainat’s universe. Zaroon is unreachable as he turns up at Saltanat’s  friend /cum Iftari party at a restaurant.

The Iftari scene ends up disappointing Kainat , but Zainab keeps her daughter in line and encourages Kainat to accept the symbolic date fruit usedto break fast. Date here suggests a meeting between lovers too! Saltanat though rejects Zaroon’s date.. his whole contrived setting, which resembles more likesome valentine set up rather than Iftari. However one has to give him credit, that he was only following thedictates of his heart. just like Kainat followed her heart in inviting Zaroon toher Iftari  in her room. Will they darewin?

But the after effect of the Iftari is quite different from one sister to another. Where as Saltanat ends up livid! at Zaroon for his duplicity, of spreading lies, about their relationship before the world and her friends! Covering up the actual truth that he is meant to marry Kainat not her. She accuses him of playing around with the situation to suit his own intentions. Well! his poetic amplified romantic declaration that he loves her.. wants her to rule over his life! but most of all he pines to hear the three magic words from her too!  His keepsake gift of the feather he retrieved from her hair, during their earlier bonding; alas! the  cake, a symbol of their love? all smash and end up as sour cream!

Zaroon does blow his top at Saltanat,reminds her that life does go on! beyond her principles out of which the glaringone is standing up for Kainat! Enraged he threatens her, that just to make her happy he will marry Kainat! and not even her can stop him! Is this perhaps, the same fury Kainat felt when she set alight Saltanat’s clothes?will he dare to carry out his threat?

Kainat though, keeps her disappointment of Zaroon’s absence at her Iftari sealed in her heart. Zaroon, though like Kainat  does not give up easily.. he has other plans to coerce Sultanat into confessing her love for him. 

After Iftari before Sehri, the family bonds over a cup of tea! Which stimulates Zaroon into   texting Kainat. An apology that makes her  dare to dream again! also  he wishes to speak to her once all have gone to bed. The scene is quite an eye opener as to how far Sufiyana love can go? and that a thin line perhaps remains between what is pure spiritual  love and how and when it slips into the carnal.  The scene from Kainat and Humza’s point of view is based on following a dream. There lies well meaning in it too, as Zaroon simply acts upon what Mainjaan told him to do. That is awaken love in Kainat’s heart for Humza. Humza though, goes beyond decency. Kainat allows her-self to go.. is mislead into believing its Zaroon’s hands ,his being that wants her!

Zaroon although gets Sultanat’s  confession and that to from her own mouth! But Sultanat again is quick to see the misunderstanding that entraps her sister! Zaroon yet again differentiates between Humza and Kainat’s love as being  one-sided! and his and Saltanat’s love as mutual! But Saltanat in principle finds it hard to digest. Kainat is in a mess not entirely of her making.. who then are at fault?those who follow their love without reason? But reason is to do with the mind! Not the heart..

Mainjaan arrives! Kainat to her horror realizes her mistake!  Mainjaan’s words, take your daughter’s away! are chilling! Are daughter’s reputations more at stake than the sons? Well the son’s Zaroon and Humza  look gobsmacked.

Mainjaan’s command! no questions asked or answers supplied. It is he alone who will give his decision!But Zainab finds his words! hard to obey and lashes out at Kainat! after all she had done for her sake! Kainat has shamed her! Zainab reacts and orders Kainat will have to marry Humza!To get over Zaroon! So Zainab recognizes that Kainat did the extraordinary, because she believed the man waiting for her in the dark was Zaroon? 

Looks like Kainat’s virtue,along with her sanity is now on the line. who will stand up for her.. Zainab ?Sultanat? But really Kainat desires Zaroon’s stand. She dares ,to win?

Have to say it was a maha episode , with a lot crammed in . Seems the cvs are in such a hurry! But I wonder why? Few things positive about the long episode is that Saltanat eventually confesses her love for Zaroon. Kainat becomes a bit of a rebel! Humza’s lustful side is exposed. Zaroon gives him the beats! For acting all touchy ,feely with Kainat posing as him!  true Zaroon played to score points with Saltanat , but he didn’t want Kainat to be subject to mud-slinging either.. 14.5.19  Hamlet53

Sorry about the long winded spiel .. me still watching the show..  

I always bought Kainaat's logic that "elders have chosen Zaroon for her" and that is why she is dedicated to him. But now that has gone out the window. Yesterday was the first time that her obsessiveness with Zaroon was on full display. I was surprised that a girl with her upbringing would let anyone touch her like that - yes even Zaroon.

I don't see Kainaat as negative - just a very unhappy person. The CVs have not given a background story for her and Sultanat's relationship and I don't expect one - such things are often left unexplained on TV shows.  The CVs have transformed her personality from that of a meek, subservient person to someone capable of wanton rebellion - again there must be an underlying want or fear to explain this change which we are unlikely to see. Kainaat's character poses more questions than answers.

The whole Valentine party scene was boring and a waste of time. I didn't understand how that was equal to Kainaat breaking her fast for Zaroon. 

Another first for yesterday - I didn't understand Sultanat. Her "usools" were meaningless when the real test came. She still wants Zaroon to marry Kainaat - after failing the "usool" test. Why? What if he loved someone else instead of her? Would she still force him to marry Kainaat?  Instead of throwing Kainaat in a loveless marriage, Sultanat can do her favor by taking Zaroon off the table. Marry Zaroon and force Kainaat to move on. She is just feeding Kainaat's obsession, with all her you-belong-to-kainaat antics. 

I liked Zaroon's outburst at the party. I want to see him question Sultanat more about her motives and obsession to get Kai-roon married.

Humza is either an idiot or totally evil. First, he doesn't question Kainaat setting the fire and now he is OK to seduce Kainaat, pretending to be Zaroon.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Irshita

hello Irshita!  super to see you.. I thought  my long pieces of writing will put readers off... but hey you are here!

I always bought Kainaat's logic that "elders have chosen Zaroon for her" and that is why she is dedicated to him. But now that has gone out the window. Yesterday was the first time that her obsessiveness with Zaroon was on full display. I was surprised that a girl with her upbringing would let anyone touch her like that - yes even Zaroon. 

hummm, get what you mean.. it's like what young girls dream about.. in their wildest dreams. alas!  this is being human is. Of course it comes as a bit of a shock, yes being touched is certainly  is not encouraged .. but may be for once she let her guards down. What's worse apart from the shock of being found out, we see no remorse even in her reflection.. for her it was a pure act that dare to say she  got carried away.. 

I don't see Kainaat as negative - just a very unhappy person. The CVs have not given a background story for her and Sultanat's relationship and I don't expect one - such things are often left unexplained on TV shows.  The CVs have transformed her personality from that of a meek, subservient person to someone capable of wanton rebellion - again there must be an underlying want or fear to explain this change which we are unlikely to see. Kainaat's character poses more questions than answers.

well I too  have a soft corner for Kainat,  she holds much within her. her dreams too seem spontaneous to me.. in a way she is beginning to find her feet.as for her fury its about time she  breaks her image of  the docile, near mute angelic girl.. she has the right to dream..

The whole Valentine party scene was boring and a waste of time. I didn't understand how that was equal to Kainaat breaking her fast for Zaroon. 

Another first for yesterday - I didn't understand Sultanat. Her "usools" were meaningless when the real test came. She still wants Zaroon to marry Kainaat - after failing the "usool" test. Why? What if he loved someone else instead of her? Would she still force him to marry Kainaat?  Instead of throwing Kainaat in a loveless marriage, Sultanat can do her favor by taking Zaroon off the table. Marry Zaroon and force Kainaat to move on. She is just feeding Kainaat's obsession, with all her you-belong-to-kainaat antics. 

yes.. in all this scenario , Kainat  for me is the one  common factor that brings Zaroon and Saltanat. mind you the more she rebuffs Zaroon, he comes back bouncing back to Saltanat.. its becoming  all to common and I daresay a bit dull..  is there room for love between the two? its all to do with  Kainat..

I liked Zaroon's outburst at the party. I want to see him question Sultanat more about her motives and obsession to get Kai-roon married.

well... me to waiting,, this game is becoming interesting 

Humza is either an idiot or totally evil. First, he doesn't question Kainaat setting the fire and now he is OK to seduce Kainaat, pretending to be Zaroon.

what can I say..the whole scene was meant to be a gross misunderstanding.. but clearly not for him.. it was make hay while the sun shines!   

Irshita.. loved your comment.. keep reading my  musings and i'll avidly  wait for your responses...  love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

The write-ups are long, but they are a fun read. Don't worry! I am around until something catches my attention, which unfortunately happens to be short and limited. 

BTW a couple of more thoughts.

Originally posted by Hamlet53

Kainat has come to a stage, where she lets her self go.  

Yes, she let herself go. but why?

As she tells her mother.. her whole universe is limited to her room...

I think this was the saddest thing for me - as if she was a prisoner. But this was also the one thing that can explain her obsession for Zaroon - he is an outsider, from Canada. He symbolizes freedom for her. I am beginning to see her not as a traditional woman but a repressed one. 

Which stimulates Zaroon into texting Kainat. 

Why does Kainaat have a phone? She doesn't go out; she no friends or any relationship with the outside world. I have not seen her with a phone before this.

... as Zaroon simply acts upon what Mainjaan told him to do. That is awaken love in Kainat’s heart for Humza. 

When did Miajaan ask that? I must have missed the scene. I thought Miajaan wanted Zaroon to find out what Kainaat felt for Humza. If he really wanted Zaroon to awaken feelings in Kainaat - how does he expect Zaroon to do that? Reading Quran to kainaat and reminding her of the duties of a virtuous woman OR contriving opportunities for Kainaat and Humza to spend time together.

Kainat is in a mess not entirely of her making...

I disagree - The mess is not of her making but Kainaat is fully responsible for it.

Mainjaan’s words, take your daughter’s away! are chilling! Are daughter’s reputations more at stake than the sons? 

From the parts of the country I come from - only daughters' reputations matter. Sons have nothing to lose as nobody cares about their escapades. smiley1

Originally posted by Irshita

hiya Irshita.. its me 1.00am London time.. i am miffed as my coloured text didn't show up.. but yours did  wow..

The write-ups are long, but they are a fun read. Don't worry! I am around until something catches my attention, which unfortunately happens to be short and limited. 

yes nothing much catches my fancy too.. but do warm to Kulfi and Patiala babes..

BTW a couple of more thoughts. will check

No offense but kainat has no logic. If her elders have chose zaroon for her thats finr but groom also have his choice he is a human being after all and wedding is a matter of life and death