The butchered love story of AdiYa

tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

It’s been quite sometime since the beauty that was known as Bepannaah ended. Yet I can’t seem to get over it at all. I’ve been watching old episodes and something that stung me about the last episode was the way they successfully butchered Aditya's character. 

From making him the egoistic man that believes his wife is tainted to this one particular dialogue that broke me 

“Jo ladki apne maa baap ki sagi nahi hui, woh kisi aur...”something something I forgot.

Did Aditya forget Zoya left her family for him? Yikes it gave me such a weird feeling to hear him say that

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Those last few episodes were the worsssttttt.they would atleast think of a better way to wrap up the show🤔

mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

When did he say that? I don’t remember. During the last few episodes, he kept having flashbacks of the good times he spent with Zoya. Anyways I beg to differ, I don’t think Aditya was exactly  butchered. Due to the rush, the CVs weren’t able to clearly showcase what his issue was. It was the deal that Zoya had made with RV in exchange for getting him out of jail that upset him. He was more angry with himself than he was with her. The final episode they had that scene in the medicine room where he apologised. @shrutiravi gave a good analysis on her thread about it. 

I agree the ending wasn’t great but I have seen a lot worse tbh in other shows and the good thing atleast is that it didn’t drag on. That’s why I am relieved show ended. I felt Anirudh had tried to keep the essence intact in the last episode. But if show had carried on, he might not been able to do so. 

tereliyex thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

When did he say that? I don’t remember. During the last few episodes, he kept having flashbacks of the good times he spent with Zoya. Anyways I beg to differ, I don’t think Aditya was exactly  butchered. Due to the rush, the CVs weren’t able to clearly showcase what his issue was. It was the deal that Zoya had made with RV in exchange for getting him out of jail that upset him. He was more angry with himself than he was with her. The final episode they had that scene in the medicine room where he apologised. @shrutiravi gave a good analysis on her thread about it. 

I agree the ending wasn’t great but I have seen a lot worse tbh in other shows and the good thing atleast is that it didn’t drag on. That’s why I am relieved show ended. I felt Anirudh had tried to keep the essence intact in the last episode. But if show had carried on, he might not been able to do so. 

He said it when Zoya showed up to the Hooda house on his birthday. 

I have to read the analysis! Though I don’t find any justification for Aditya’s behavior, he isn’t upset with himself. He was clearly taunting Zoya for a good 2 episodes at the end. Even Zoya says to him that the only reason he wants her back is because now he has proof that she’s worthy of him (meaning she didn’t sleep with Rajveer). But I guess they didn’t have any other conflict to create for the end hence why this route was chosen. But in my opinion, it was a tragic end to such a great story. So much time was placed on other side characters when they could’ve spent all that time rebuilding AdiYa’s story in the last episodes and wrapping up the loopholes. 

But I completely respect your opinion. I just find it hard to believe that Aditya who loved Zoya more than anything would be so harsh to her. 

mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ishana-

He said it when Zoya showed up to the Hooda house on his birthday. 

I have to read the analysis! Though I don’t find any justification for Aditya’s behavior, he isn’t upset with himself. He was clearly taunting Zoya for a good 2 episodes at the end. Even Zoya says to him that the only reason he wants her back is because now he has proof that she’s worthy of him (meaning she didn’t sleep with Rajveer). But I guess they didn’t have any other conflict to create for the end hence why this route was chosen. But in my opinion, it was a tragic end to such a great story. So much time was placed on other side characters when they could’ve spent all that time rebuilding AdiYa’s story in the last episodes and wrapping up the loopholes. 

Do read the analysis it’s basically the thread “ past, present and future “. Her analysis gave an insight about Aditya. I think the reason why so much focus was given to other characters in the final week was because Jen was absent. On the last Monday and Tuesday, they used her body double in place. We all know towards the end, the original script wasn’t shown. Indian Daily soaps are like this, after a point the CVs are forced to divert from the plot. But I am glad the PH chose to stop taking shit from the channel and put an end to the show before many people might have stopped watching it completely owing to constant interference. 

crazypoodle3 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Same, I feel like the last week's episodes were a complete rush and didn't really have connection with the way the characters were portrayed. I just pretend that the last couple of weeks didn't happen, the characters were so different from the way they acted to the way they dressed. They both said things to each other that their characters would never have said. Time was wasted to give the suporting characters' story closure rather than the leads.

I read an article where it said that the first week's episodes were 'break-free' so colors didn't infere in the plot at that time to allow the story to have a proper flow. So I wonder at what point colors had started to infere in the script.

What annoys me is that this was a finite show with a set script so it wasn't going to last for years, it was limited to around a year and it didn't even get that and we didn't get to see what was actually written, so many plots were just left open-ended.😔

tereliyex thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazypoodle3

Same, I feel like the last week's episodes were a complete rush and didn't really have connection with the way the characters were portrayed. I just pretend that the last couple of weeks didn't happen, the characters were so different from the way they acted to the way they dressed. They both said things to each other that their characters would never have said. Time was wasted to give the suporting characters' story closure rather than the leads.

I read an article where it said that the first week's episodes were 'break-free' so colors didn't infere in the plot at that time to allow the story to have a proper flow. So I wonder at what point colors had started to infere in the script.

What annoys me is that this was a finite show with a set script so it wasn't going to last for years, it was limited to around a year and it didn't even get that and we didn't get to see what was actually written, so many plots were just left open-ended.😔

Ironically the week colors didn’t interrupt TRPs skyrocketed. I believe the show opened with the 5 highest TRPs on the list! 

BP was a 7 year saga for sure but I believe the channel interfered around the Arshad track. I don’t think Aditya was supposed to fall in love so quick or the wedding was supposed to happen that quick. We all thought Zoya would have a proper realization track and AdiYa would have a romance track where they struggled to convey their relationship to the world. Not to mention we never got to know the dark Hooda secrets, Waseem’s interference in PooSh’s death etc. heck we didn’t even get a proper consummation from the best couple on ITV! 

crazypoodle3 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think issues must have been going on for a while because from the 3rd week the show was never aired on time and then it just kept on going through time slot changes.

Pre-leap seemed to have more of a flow with the way the secrets were introduced. I always felt that post leap the storyline was different to what was supposed to happen which is why we never got closure for those secrets like Waseem, the Hoodas and Yash's friend. It was still a lot better than most itv shows but storyline seemed different. 

The Arshad track was definitley a point where it was evident that colors had interfered in the story. Aditya's realization was too quick and then he was just following Zoya and Zoya never had a proper realization, they were acting like they were in thier 20's. From the point where Aditya returned from Paris to the wedding it had only been around 3 weeks in the show. The story was termed to be a 'mature love story' and that would have included society not accepting them but we didn't even get a love story so I feel that's not the way it was supposed to happen.

I think at the launch the director had said that once Aditya and Zoya were together nothing would separate them but then we had to go through that whole separation track at the end which was so out of place. 

Not even the consummation we barely got any proper romantic scenes. 😔