Arjun Mathur - Don't Think Sidharth Malhotra is a good actor

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

“I Don’t Think Sidharth Malhotra Is A Good Actor”: Arjun Mathur

Arjun was lauded for his portrayal of a homosexual character in Amazon Prime web series "Made In Heaven".

By

IANS -

April 26, 2019

“Made in Heaven” star Arjun Mathur says Sidharth Malhotra is not a good actor. Arjun expressed his views when he appeared on “By Invite Only” with “Sacred Games” star Kubbra Sait, read a statement.

On a lighter vein, Arjun was asked to name the most overrated actor of the industry and he said: “I don’t think Sidharth Malhotra is a good actor”.

Planning to watch any movie in the theatres? Click here and enjoy exclusive cashback offers!

"I Don't Think Sidharth Malhotra Is A Good Actor": Arjun Mathur“I Don’t Think Sidharth Malhotra Is A Good Actor”: Arjun Mathur

Kubbra called “Sanju” and “The Accidental Prime Minister” overrated films. To this, Arjun, who was seen as Congress President Rahul Gandhi in the film, added: “I got hate for ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’ and I hate myself for doing that.”

Arjun was lauded for his portrayal of a homosexual character in Amazon Prime web series “Made In Heaven“. The show, by Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti, touches upon issues like infidelity and struggles gay people face in India. The second season is already under works.

Trending

Arjun said his character has inspired others to open up about their sexual orientation.

“Around 10 people wrote to me that they have been able to come out (of the closet and speak) to their families because of my role,” he said.

Opening up about his style of approaching nudity, Arjun quipped: “I use this thing called substitution. I plaster my girlfriend’s face on whoever you have to act with.”

The episode will air on Zoom on Saturday.

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/i-dont-think-sidharth-malhotra-is-a-good-actor-arjun-mathur/?fbclid=IwAR2RmDSJhf_ZI7KEjObvgi9x07EVEpI_cORy9v6WnNJa4ADlO0cx_BvP4mY

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Nothing Sid or his fans haven’t heard before. But I’m sure it will be a little jarring coming from a colleague. I just hope Sid doesn’t respond, or if he does then doesn’t say anything snarky as a come back. 

Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i m sure he must have had a thing or two with him on a personal level otherwise i dun think people take someone's name like that...

Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Rude to say like this. Maybe yes some personal issue

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yeh toh aise bol raha hai jaise ki isne script padhe bina hi Accidental Prime Minister ki thi. Chaman chutiyo ki kaami nahi hai aajkal. Chaman web series kiya fake chatu critics ne hype kar di, down in stocks actors ko attack karne laga. Overrated ka meaning bhi pata hai?? Siddharth overrated kaise huwa when he isn't exactly rated as an actor.
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

1. Taking somebody's name while answering to a negative question - gives Kangu vibe, totally unappreciated. 

2. Even if any personal grudge, then I must say this Mathur guy is not a professional. This is bad. 

3. I am not a Sid fan LOL.

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Two movies that actually had great script: A Gentleman and Ittefaq. Both ruined by Siddarth. 

sania349 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

why single sid out? yeah he isnt the best actor..but definitely not the worst out there, and he definitely has scope for improvement

how is sid worse than the likes of arjun kapoor, etc?

maybe he is jealous of his good looks. 

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He might have a personal issue with Sidharth.  But this feels below the belt - especially when Sid is going through a career low. At least Sidharth is making an effort unlike Arjun Kapoor who just sleepwalks through his roles.

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Although I agree with him, these things  being published on a platform must be seen as insensitive.

It's not like the guys  in question are that great at anything - I am sure  many will continue to live on happily without taking much notice of either.