Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

[QUOTE=Amy142] Agreed the build up is not there with the sudden revamp and  rushing the storyline to get ratings. I am still not convinced how they will properly show Kabir falling in love with the woman who is responsible for destroying /harming his family who he loves, regardless of her motives. and furthermore someone he viewed as his beloved elder sister in law for a significant period of time ,who he knows his beloved elder brother loves and who knows may still care for. There are so many levels of complications there- someone who harmed or attempted to harm you personally and your family some of whom are just innocent collateral , someone who was considered family and also the betrayal of someone you trusted respected and loved like family .  I can understand if he eventually understands her motives, even empathizes with her , does not blindly support the wrong his family did, forgives her for trying to harm his family, she releases her anger finds peace and stops trying to continue to make his whole family suffer and if the Mittals get back their wealth he makes sure Ishani/ Rani and Jhanvi/ Pooja are financially comfortable , provides emotional support if they are any problems so says you can come to me for help etc all to make amends for what his father did and he feels some responsibility on behalf of his family and he is also an empathetic human being .  But to fall in love with her seems far fetched and forced no matter how they try to spin it in my opinion. You mean there is no other available woman on earth who does not have all this complicated baggage  that he can fall in love with and marry lol. No other woman who he is physically and emotionally attracted to and compatible with in that they share the same goals values interests ?  Does he always have to be the second choice in some sense first with Kavya and now Pooja .

Basically I don’t see the need for a love story in a revenge story especially between the two primary characters . As a loose analogy  like Stockholm syndrome where the kidnapped victim falls for his/ her kidnapper . This is viewed as a psychological disorder not true love . But the audience seem obsessed with  romance however they can get it . Some look at  a  show because they have a fav actor who they want to see romance onscreen ( some even ship offscreen because reel and real blur in their minds lol) not for the storyline content no matter how much they say this is important or even if they don’t know or follow the leads they still want to see them romance onscreen regardless of the storyline

I personally don’t care for romantic shows or movies as they are often overtly sentimental or overly manipulate the audience’s  emotions and are often are cliched . Also they are more conducive to a movie format or web series or mini series  as there is only so much you can do with a show that is primarily a love story before it becomes repetitive .  I prefer comedies, dramas , mysteries, documentaries on tv and films which have a strong story and content which are character driven  films  including those which show the story of a family often generations in the context of broader social and political change in society . I find many arthouse independent foreign films are good at portraying this. Have been born and growing up in the west I feel fortunate to have such a variety to choose from. Anyway to each their own. 

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Pooja can also move on in her life and fall for someone else not in the Mittal family and have a fresh start in my opinion. But that is not how indian tv works it seems ie that is not what the audience wants . Firstly most viewers  watch tv  for romance it seems , and indeed most of the shows on indian tv are soap operas which are  inherently about personal relationships romance love lust cheating betrayal obsessed third parties etc revenge hate friendship love misunderstandings separations reunions etc  so these shows cater to the audience interests . Most of these shows show one main romantic story between the leads and many look at the show for their fav actor not content and want to see him / her romance or even for 2 leads they don’t know but still  want to see a romantic angle

Amy142 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

Pooja can also move on in her life and fall for someone else not in the Mittal family and have a fresh start in my opinion. But that is not how indian tv works it seems ie that is not what the audience wants . Firstly most viewers  watch tv  for romance it seems , and indeed most of the shows on indian tv are soap operas which are  inherently about personal relationships romance love lust cheating betrayal obsessed third parties etc revenge hate friendship love misunderstandings separations reunions etc  so these shows cater to the audience interests . Most of these shows show one main romantic story between the leads and many look at the show for their fav actor not content and want to see him / her romance or even for 2 leads they don’t know but still  want to see a romantic angle

Same for me, was exposed to many more varieties of genres since am not in India where romance rules television content. But soap operas all around the world run on interpersonal relationships.  That's a given and not much we can do about it. Not sure if you have watched any other Asian dramas. But there are finite shows which are worth time and are not completely romance.