Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay i am not making this post to mock anyone's opinion...I think i have some time available today 😆 so just to post my opinion on SSO/Shivaay..and also to keep forum active😆

I am reading things like "his general characteristics are temper, obsessed by family but unable to truly value people. The type of guy who treats his loved ones well but outsiders like trash can't be trusted. And there are a lot of guys like this in RL."

"tbh I don't think I could fall in love with a man who questions my very character and kidnapping my brother oh boy I'd murder anyone who tried playing that game with me and SSO used to insult & man handle Annika so much naa. Serial ke land mein chalta hai but reality mein some of the things SSO did are actually considered a crime."

Okay i copy pasted these above 2 comments from Shivika's AT not to mock anyone...Just to reply in separate thread😆...as i already said to increase some forum activity😆

Re: Shivaay's characterization was not stagnant through out the show...It has a character graph and it had its own progression and journey...

First episode:
If we take SSO in first  episode he hit Anika's face with money.. And he had His belief system deeply routed ..ie., Ppl who dont have NKK have no proper upbringing,they are gold diggers,they do anything for money...But still..i feel insulting someone who have no NKK by hitting with money just bcz they asked you to follow the queue/line was not just about his belief system.. i think he had  this blind and unreasonable hate towards ppl with no NKK...It was quite rude and disgusting act...

He was bewildered by Anika's Tit for tat act of breaking his car windshield and hitting him with money...It was like he taken  a back for a second looking at someone strong person like Anika who can give takkar to him and can challenge him...

Later he wanted to destroy her in 3 days challenge...I think it shows more of his egoistic and ruthless attitude more than his NKK belief  or he wanted  to test or prove a point that ppl lacking NKK will beg him for money at the stake of their self respect??

But to his shock ..Anika won the 3 days challenge by giving "check mate" to SSO...Proving that she values her Self respect or kuddhari/imaandari more than anything..

Shivaay didnt buy that and was thinking that she joined as wedding planner with hidden motives and with some agenda bcz of his deep routed belief system that ppl without NKK are gold diggers...

And for series of suspicious incidents happening in OM...He started blaming Anika.Until Om confirmed...he believed  thar Anika was behind the chip incident and all

He started trusting her for the first time when She lost her consciousness in gas leak incident...He for the first time felt something for someone outside of his family when he thought he was about to lose Anika...He wanted to tell thank you and sorry to her in second car scene..Then From that episode without his awareness he started admiring her for her strength,her ideas about LOVE (when Mallika asked about it) and for many other things...Then he started slowly falling for her... And he started keeping Anika as an exception for his NKK belief without his awareness..

But his NKK belief has been constantly  keep surfacing   in case of Anika in the incidents like Prinku-Dev rishta...But she saving him from gayatri murder case at the stake of her self-respect...and after his MUing was cleared...he immediately rushed to say sorry and even got hurt by the goons😆...

Then he already fell for her by that time😆  ...It came out  in open for both when he was under nasha by sleeping pills😆...Aww then confused and cute billu even called love angel 😆 to make it clear to himself about his feelings for Anika...When he got confirmation what it was ,then he pulled the stunt of engagement with Tia😆...But banda how much ever he want to distance himself from her...he ended up coming close to her😆...NKK was just an excuse to run away from his feelings for Anika...but when Daksh entered her life... it was clear he was already in love with her,if we see his tears and intense hurt in his eyes...

Then NKK started surfacing again when Daksh created such shitty image of Anika.

In his head, in a twisted ways😆...he felt cheated  by  her thinking she was faking herself about her selfrespecf/kuddhari/imaandaari all this while😆 ...Then Tia running away from  the marriage..,His family's respect at stake..and his hurt about getting cheated by Anika(in his head😆)...all leaded to that horrible stunt of SSO on forced Shaadi😆 ...

I am not justifying his act of forced shaadi on that day...but it was not far fetched from his initial characterisation and also he can go to any extent to protect his family and family's respect from the beginnIng of the episode...

But only after their marriage...with each passing day...he started including Anika in his family and not as a person without NKK...Then on the day of biwi declaration,he put Anika infront of anything ie., His family(Prinku),his NKK...He wholeheartedly accepted her as her wife and  Anika was excluded/ an exception from his NKK belief...Later he just wanted to know her past just for the sake of curiosity...

So he was not a completely white character from the beginning...He was  flawed and he was practical in most of his ways...His NKK belief was not so far fetched... To some extent we also follow NKK to some extent in our lives...We judge the ppl based on their background...If you want to marry a person...you look for his NKK...So everyone believe in NKK at varying degrees in their life...And Shivaay was flawed that makes the character so interesting and his character had a graph,journey and  had  a beautiful progression along  side with beautiful Progression of Shivika's relationship...👏...

I still have lot to say about his character...regarding his Billu side and all😆...But anyway i think i was just analysing myself how his NKK belief has been evolved throughout the show😆...What an unpredictable and interesting character he was man!👏❤️😆...And upar se along side with our khidkitid Anika ...they were takkar  to each other in all grounds❤️😆...

Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maanmeet1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
res...have to read the whole post
Free_Rein thumbnail

Originally posted by: maanmeet1

res...have to read the whole post

Anyway i edited one or two lines as i wanted to put it more clear...
PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
very well written, such a keen observer you are.
Free_Rein thumbnail

Originally posted by: PerfectStart

very well written, such a keen observer you are.

Thank you:).. SSO is a layered character and has many shades...His NKK ideology was only one of his many traits..Like Anika, i myself had been struggling to understand his flips through out the show and there were times i was heartbroken  by him looking at his stunts like Forced shaadi once upon a time  😆..But Once the show  is completed..when we look back and analyse...i think its comparatively easy to get complete picture of the characterisations i guess😆...

And sadly many ppl judge him based on only that forced shaadi...I am not mocking anyone's opinion here...i has been coming across in different forums about how they give example of Shivaay as MCP cuz of that forced shaadi...its harsh truth ppl remember only one bad thing we do in an impulse and forget all the good moments we spent with them. Or good deeds ppl do ...And again i agree ppl should own up their  own mistakes and they should take responsibility of their own deeds...but here Shivaay clearly took  the responsibility for his own kands and replaced those horrible memories with beautiful ones for Anika...So i see no point in judging his whole  character based on one incident lol

Lol i ended up blabbering a long essay again😆 
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Shivaay was jerk character for 1 year but I feel his growth started after Shivika first Shaadi and he haven't done anything bad to her like he used to before Shaadi phase even the man handing had tone down though kicking her out because she talk bad about his family was harsh he wasn't any better and always insult her for being a middle class girl Shivaay behave like his family were good people when they've proven many times to be unless including his brothers and let's not forget his mother who always insult Annika infront of him

Annika been wrong at times too and was a flawed character, she didn't have faith in Shivaay and their relationship but going by the history and what she went through being his wife I don't blame her at all when she left him during Roop Bua track.
ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Nihara,

Like you said, there is a lot to talk about Shivaay as character and probably we can keep talking for many days...😳

But I do agree to one of the important points you mentioned...NKK this belief is actually very very real...most of us have that and as you said in various levels...

When Annika asked him to line up in queue at Mandir, I felt it his EGO  and not any NKK beliefs...he was challenged and he did what he does instinctively in business...he used money to buy her off...in the show we rarely got to the business side of him with his competitors but I guess I will passe that knowing the limitations of PH/writers...but I think that scene was to give us the way Shivaay operates...

I don't think he even thought about what he did until Annika came back with full force and gave back to him with interest after she broke his windshield ...it hurt his EGO and I think he might be amused/astonished too that some one did have guts to give it back to him the way she did it...and he clearly didn't want to think of it...he ignored her in their second meet and behaved like she never existed..Did he mention about this in his monologue later on about their love story ? I need to go back and check that...I think that was on the Maha Aarti day and at that time I don't think he even thought he would again cross paths with Annika in his life...and then destiny had other plans...she kept crossing his path time and again and this time it was against his family as he thought...that's why he wanted to destroy/defeat her to show her the consequences if any one tries to harm his family... and added to the fact that she has no NKK only added to his anger for her...

For us to talk about Shivaay, I think we need to discuss about scenes in detail and then draw the conclusions...

Will add more later on...

Edited by ithihaas - 5 years ago
Gayathri_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Nihara...

Thank you:).. SSO is a layered character and has many shades...His NKK ideology was only one of his many traits..Like Anika, i myself had been struggling to understand his flips through out the show and there were times i was heartbroken  by him looking at his stunts like Forced shaadi once upon a time  😆..But Once the show  is completed..when we look back and analyse...i think its comparatively easy to get complete picture of the characterisations i guess😆...

And sadly many ppl judge him based on only that forced shaadi...I am not mocking anyone's opinion here...i has been coming across in different forums about how they give example of Shivaay as MCP cuz of that forced shaadi...its harsh truth ppl remember only one bad thing we do in an impulse and forget all the good moments we spent with them. Or good deeds ppl do ...And again i agree ppl should own up their  own mistakes and they should take responsibility of their own deeds...but here Shivaay clearly took  the responsibility for his own kands and replaced those horrible memories with beautiful ones for Anika...So i see no point in judging his whole  character based on one incident lol

Lol i ended up blabbering a long essay again😆 

Shivaay and as well as SSO is not at all MCP as per my opinion... but how ppl interpret him as MCP is beyond my understanding... SSO TREATED ANNI BADLY ONLY BCOZ OF THE STATUS AND SURNAME...NOT BCOZ OF GENDER... WHERE AS MCP REFERRED TO A MAN WHO THINKS HIMSELF SUPERIOR BCOZ HE IS MALE...BUT SHIVAAY/SSO NOT EVEN ONCE BEHAVED SUPERIOR BCOZ OF GENDER...

EVEN WHEN FORCED MARRIAGE HE WANTED TO PROVE A POINT THAT MONEY CAN BUY ANYTHING OR HE CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING BCOZ OF HIS MONEY/ POWER (WHICH BY THE WAY BCOZ OF HIS STATUS NOT BCOZ OF HIS GENDER)...

I DIDNT SAY HE WAS RIGHT...HIS WHOLE BEHAVIOUR WAS WRONG...BUT HE IS NOT MCP...
ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gdbs

Shivaay and as well as SSO is not at all MCP as per my opinion... but how ppl interpret him as MCP is beyond my understanding... SSO TREATED ANNI BADLY ONLY BCOZ OF THE STATUS AND SURNAME...NOT BCOZ OF GENDER... WHERE AS MCP REFERRED TO A MAN WHO THINKS HIMSELF SUPERIOR BCOZ HE IS MALE...BUT SHIVAAY/SSO NOT EVEN ONCE BEHAVED SUPERIOR BCOZ OF GENDER...

EVEN WHEN FORCED MARRIAGE HE WANTED TO PROVE A POINT THAT MONEY CAN BUY ANYTHING OR HE CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING BCOZ OF HIS MONEY/ POWER (WHICH BY THE WAY BCOZ OF HIS STATUS NOT BCOZ OF HIS GENDER)...

I DIDNT SAY HE WAS RIGHT...HIS WHOLE BEHAVIOUR WAS WRONG...BUT HE IS NOT MCP...

I came across comments about Gul' stories being typical AYM + bubbly girl ...
yes MCP doesn't apply here for Shivaay...
KALVIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Yes SSO was a complicated character, and i started watching IB because of him. But i don't know how i started Annika more and more and i admit i was completely biased towards her. So when SSO used to bisbehave/illtreat Annika i used to curse him a lot 😆.