Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

Ram Kapoor's thought for food-article.

subu123456 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Ram Kapoor's thought for food

I am a non vegetarian.

When I wake up I have a large mug of Bru coffee. I am a big coffee drinker.

Most of the time I'm late for work so I just leave after a cup of coffee. At the location, I order an egg omelette/ sandwiches/idli or dosa.

If I'm home I have a ham omelette or a cheese omelette with toast and cornflakes for breakfast.

Right now I have no fitness regime but before I would workout every single day at the Hanuman Akhada, which is next to my house. It is the oldest gym on Napean Sea Road.

I think I resemble a potato right now because I need to lose weight
— Ram Kapoor
My New Year resolution is to be totally fit again.

Lunch varies from day to day. I normally carry my ice box with me which contains a variety of fruit, protein shakes and cold cuts like salami and sausages. They are easy to eat when you are working.

Sometimes my wife Gautami makes special sandwiches and places them in the ice box. At times, there is tandoori chicken too. I try and avoid eating rice and roti, as well as unit food as far as possible.

When I'm on the sets I keep drinking my coffee every hour.

I have grown up at the Bombay Gym and I'm a life-member now as well. They serve excellent sweet corn chicken soup.

I studied at Campion School and later at Sherwood Boarding School, Nainital. I would eat lunch at the school canteen, while my mother would pack a snack for the short break. By the evening, I would be very hungry and would eat cheese sandwiches.

My mother Rita Kapoor would make Shepherd's Pie for me. It was my favourite food.

In the evenings nowadays, I normally eat a chicken sandwich.

I am never at home for dinner I come back home only by eleven or twelve in the night. I have my dinner on the sets. It is boring but there's nothing one can do about it.

I like sweets but I try to avoid them. My favourite is black forest cake and kheer.

I'm never at home on Sundays I take off once in six months.
I make a mean omelette.

I love Chinese cuisine.

My best dining friend is my wife, Gautami.

My wife is a Maharashtrian. I like Maharashtrian cuisine but it does not cater much to non vegetarian appetites and I like non vegetarian food a lot.
My wife and I share our love for Chinese food and eggs with toast for breakfast.

My comfort food is dal rice.

I feel guilty about overeating. When one is overworked one ends up eating more than one should.

While we were on our honeymoon at an island in Thailand, we had a Thai meal on the beach; our table was set on the sand. We ate and drank right on the beach. With the sea so close, it was the most romantic dinner date ever.

My favourite restaurants are Indigo, Wasabi, Royal China and Golden Dragon in Mumbai.

When I travel abroad, I love going to the Cheesecake Factory. I like everything there. TGIF is another favourite.

My favourite cooking appliance is the microwave because it is very convenient.

I am partial to white wine; I love it.
RAM's FAVOURITE SHEPHERD PIE

Ingredients
1 kg leftover minced meat with minimum moisture (kheema)
1 kg boiled potatoes, mashed and with a pinch of salt
1 cup full grated cheese
1/2 kg chopped and steamed carrots, beans and cauliflower
Tabasco sauce

Method
Place kheema in a pan. Arranged a layer of the mashed potatoes over it. Sprinkle a little grated cheese and a dash of Tabasco sauce. On top of it arrange a second layer; this time of vegetables.
Now put a layer of kheema, a layer of mashed potatoes and vegetables again. Sprinkle grated cheese on it. The final layer should be of mashed potatoes, it should be patted with a fork. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and grated cheese on it. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 30 minutes. The dish is ready when the crust turns brown. Serve with garlic bread.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preet_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanx so much for sharing. 😊
sweetangel2009 thumbnail
thank u but its been posted 😃
angel n thumbnail
Wow - I hope he keeps to his resolution - and loses a few kilo - i think he look hot now - but minus a few kg's and he will be a mean looking machine. Edited by angel n - 17 years ago
sobia.k thumbnail
yeah hez gonna lose weight!!!!!!!!
will looker even more hotter once he does 😆

Sobia
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Gawd..he is obsessed with food!!! 😆

I love cheesecake factory too!!! and black forest cake and kheer...yummy!
😃
Min_3088 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I like cheese cake factory as well!! 😆 ..I ordered the Black forest cake for my birthday...and kheer omg my mom makes it specially for me!!..anywayz...its good to noe he will take care of his health and become a lil more healthy and shed a few pounds...keep it up Ram!! 👏 😉

Min
ROX_ZY thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: purple_penguins

thanks for posting... by golly, that is aot of food.... im hungry 😆

**aviva**

If u think thats alot, check out Iqbal khan's 1 in KAA section.....more detailed aswell...LOL, Men love their food.😆

that shepherd's pie recipe seems nice, I might try it.!!

lucky092569 thumbnail
Thank god, he finally realized that he is actually reasumble totato; but the defference is that this porato is cuter than the original potatos.

Great for your realization about your overweight Ram ji, and the good thing is you have the the gouts to admit it. Salute to you.
Grumpyyy thumbnail
Loved him for comparing himself with a potatoe! 😆 Acctually weight does suit him, but not overweight. He should lose some pounds but not too many.