Namik Paul opts out of Kasauti for Kavach 2

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Big news coming from the den of Balaji Telefilms. There has been a major shuffling in cast of two of their shows. A few days ago, TV actor Namik Paul was finalised to play an integral character in the reboot of Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Paul was set to enter the show, playing the third wheel between Prerna (Erica Fernandes) and Anurag (Parth Samthaan). However, a big development has taken place which has resulted in Namik opting out of the daily soap which is currently on air. According to BollywoodLife's reliable sources, Namik, who signed the agreement for Kasautii Zindagii Kay, won't be entering the show. Instead, Namik has been chosen for another popular project of Balaji Telefilms.

"A decision was taken by the officials earlier in the day to make Namik the lead of another show," the source explains. The show in contention is the second season of Ekta Kapoor's popular supernatural drama Kavach. Apparently, after a lot of discussions, Namik was finalised to play the lead in Kavach 2, which will replace the ongoing season of Naagin. While in Kasautii Zindagii Kay he was to play an integral character, in Kavach 2 he will play the male lead. Seems like Namik was shifted from the daily drama to the mystical show, even before could start shooting for any.

As of now Deepika Singh has been finalised to play the female protagonist in Kavach 2. So it won't be Erica Fernandes but Deepika Singh, whom Namik will romance. Interestingly, with this deal, Namik, who was last seen in Ek Deewana Tha, will return to the supernatural genre.

Recently, while talking to a portal, Namik had revealed that he was trying to avoid the genre since he didn't wish to get typecast. "I was working on myself, and was looking at picking up a role that I have not done till now. Since I have already done a supernatural show with Ek Deewaana Tha, I did not want to take up another show of the same genre. The trend of supernaturals has been going on for sometime now. However, I was quite certain that I did not want to repeat myself, or immediately follow it up with a horror or supernatural genre. In simple words, I did not want to be typecast," he said.

Despite repeated attempts, Namik didn't respond for a comment. Producer Ekta Kapoor remained unavailable as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Who will do parallel lead if u have lead role
Rafangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
oh no...I was looking forward for him...
oh, god...that deepika singh means DIYA BATI  FL...πŸ˜”
Priya_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So...we don't know what we are going to face nowπŸ˜† CVs just give us a beautiful AnuPre phase. Happy wala. Your TRP demands will be met.
Cadence_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
woah. news of the day πŸ˜† on a very dull day. 

am neither happy or sad...will be jubilant if this means a phase of anupre reunion!!!!

Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes..

Lets push for AnuPre story now
reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Pls don't be hopeful for anupre reunion
Bookworm_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: writ_in_water

woah. news of the dayπŸ˜†on a very dull day.

am neither happy or sad...will be jubilant if this means a phase of anupre reunion!!!!

Yes please give us a happy AnuPre track and plan next Kasauti till then! πŸ˜’ 😳
Bookworm_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhiya_12

Mixed feelings πŸ˜†

Yeah right - mixed feelings because now what...?! πŸ˜†