Excited to share stage with Kareena Kapoor Khan - Dheeraj Dhoopar

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
EXCLUSIVE: Excited to share stage with Kareena Kapoor Khan on Dance India Dance, says Dheeraj Dhoopar

Dheeraj Dhoopar opens up exclusively about hosting Dance India Dance, sharing stage with Kareena Kapoor Khan and more. Read on.

Written By Bhavna Agarwal  Mumbai  Published: April 10, 2019 01:06 PM 10281 reads 0 comments

That Dheeraj Dhoopar will be seen turning host with popular dance reality show Dance India Dance is well known. The actor, who has been garnering all the love with his stint on the show Kundali Bhagya, shares his excitement of being a part of the biggest dance reality show. Reiterating that hosting was always on his mind, Dheeraj said, "I am totally prepared for it. This is what I was waiting for, hence I am really excited."

When asked if hosting was an impromptu decision or something he really wanted to do, Dheeraj added, "When I first got a call about it, I was very excited. Around a year back, I had thought about turning a host as well and hence thereafter, I took up a few hosting projects, like I hosted a few awards shows and finale episodes of reality shows. This is something I haven't done, so I was like, let's do it. People also liked me in this stint so I am pretty pumped up."

Kareena Kapoor Khan will also be making her television debut as the judge of the show. Dheeraj seems to be quite pumped about sharing stage with Bebo too. He shared, "Totally excited and yes, she is one of the most beautiful and stunning ladies we have. Standing in front of her and hosting is a different excitement. I am looking forward to being on that stage, looking at her and saying a few things. Sharing stage with her would be one of the many things I am electrified about."

While hosting looks all that glamorous from outside, it is known that it is one of the toughest things to do but Dheeraj maintained that he wants to play it natural like he does with his character Karan Luthra in Kundali Bhagya. "I don't think there will be anything difficult, all I want to focus is on putting my best forward as a host. I think a lot of people have complimented me for being very natural with my grace, so I want to continue doing that. Also when it comes to styling, I hope I can experiment with my looks and create something different and unique for myself." The fashionista in him is surely exhilarated! 

How about being a part of a reality show as a contestant? Dheeraj is up for that too. He added, "Definitely, given an opportunity I would love to be a part of a reality show, be it a dance show or an adventure show."

What about Kundali Bhagya? Does he feel the pressure of being number 1 all the time? "I have never felt any pressure. I think from the very first day, audience has loved Kundali Bhagya, and everything about it. Also, the biggest thing is I enjoy my work so much, being Karan Luthra on sets and performing is surreal. People have loved me so much. Karan is one of the best characters I have played."

On a parting note, the actor concluded, "Both the shows are my babies, I really pray and hope that Kundali just soars higher and higher and I hope Dance India Dance manages to acquire the huge feat too."