Varun Dhawan lobbying hard to replace Rajkummar Rao in Stree 2

BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

A source close to the project informed Filmfare that it's Kalank actor Varun Dhawan who is keen to be a part of the sequel given his penchant to explore new territories. The source informed, "Varun has met the makers several times and is trying to work things around. However, the makers are in a dilemma as they share a good bond with Rajkummar, the hero of Stree.

Edited by BollyGlitz - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Varun Dhaaga didn't impress me much with October and Sui Dhaaga,  his dialogue delivery was kinda robotic too.  I would rather they stick with Rajkummar Rao.  Given the connection with the first film, it will show a nice flow with the story narrative. 
pallavi25 thumbnail

Definitely not Varun, the witch story shd continue with Rajkumar and Shraddha. All sequels have same lead actor then why not Stree?
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Just finished watching Stree on Netflix and loved it. 

Rajkumar Rao’s performance was definitely a huge plus point for the movie, so I am not for replacing him with anyone else.

GumGum thumbnail

Chote movies ki wazan badha dete hai aur phir doba dete hai yeh log. Iss se achcha Badlapur 2 kar, incels line laga ke theaters mein jayenge jaise ab jaa rahe hai Kabir Singh dekhne.

crispsy thumbnail

I am afraid Vicky will steal it. 😆

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This now has become a tradition. Big stars try to hijack unexpected small budget hits' sequel. 

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

And I am afraid, Shraddha too might push for it since she’s kind of bff with Varun.

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

So they are going to remove Rajkumar to give the franchise to a nepo kid who can't act, ok.

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Whats up with these nepo-kids like ranbir now varun thinks he is entitled to do this. Lobbying for a role that belongs to someone else already and it’s even worse that it’s a sequel. Boy really trying hard to get those BO numbers.