Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Amazing update😊. Good to see raja bharmal understood jalals intentions. It was a beautiful update, but very small. We need more😳

anushreerane_79 thumbnail

It's good to see that raja bharmal is having clear idea of jalal intension. Ur story is interesting and ur style of writing is amazing. Waiting eagerly for next update. Thanks

divyaJA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Awesome chapter,
Jalal😡
Jodha poor her😭

Update soon next part

amitaprasad thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A new admirer of your writing..the plot, the concept and the execution are par,-excellence.you have blended them so proportionally.I love the way each and every character is portrayed.. they are behaving so naturally .I love the bond brothers and sister share..

The story is so fresh and intriguing making reader restless for more..

The lion-cab of Amer,will be lioness of Agra.

this one sentence carries whole essence of the story..đŸ„łplease keep writing and update asap.

ygayathri9 thumbnail

Ur story is really interesting and amazing 

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Outside, Jodha’s resident tent, Abdul was still standing rooted to the ground, speechless.

Abdul (POV): What did the king of Amer just said, “Marrital alliance”. A wedding between a Mogul emperor and a hindu princess, an actual wedlock between two sworn enemies, an auspicious event, where the Mogul emperor would be taking the Rajput princess as his legally-wedded wife. “WIFE” Goodlord! Is that even possible?

No Mogul King had ever taken a step of that kind. What is Jalal thinking? Is it just another plot of Jalal’s conniving mind to make her life living-hell? Is it even possible for a Rajput princess to accept a Mogul, not just the man as her husband, but the stark opposite traditions, culture, life-style, beliefs, idealogies, even the dialect? The princess of Amer at Agra? She would not only be the oddest one out in the harem, the palace, not just the city but the entire dominion under the Moguls. How, on Earth would she be able to survive that? And beyond that how on Earth this stubborn old king of Amer even agreed to such horrific terms?

But, at the same time another thought struck Abdul with an overwhelming intensity. “The Girl”, Jalal already had a disposition towards a rajput girl. But he never said anything other than that he met a “Rajput girl back at the borders of Nagaur and Amer”. The only reason Jalal was so hell bent on reaching Amer was to offer protection against Sharif’s annexation plot. He wanted for the girl to stay safe. But, why this sudden obsession with the princess of Amer? Jalal didn’t even know the princess back then, it was me who told Jalal about “the princess-Harka Bai of Amer”.Unless, the girl he met was the princess herself
Abdul’s heart almost stopped at the realization. And then what flashed next in Abdul’s mind was the glimpse of sudden outburst that Jalal had went through, when he had unknowingly drained the life out of princess of Amer. What did the brothers yelled, they called the princess “Jodha”, perhaps a nick name, jalal must have known instead of her real one. It was not the sight of the princess but the name “Jodha” that stopped Jalal.

So, the girl jalal met was none other than the princess herself. Its just that they didn’t know each other back then. And after knowing the truth there was noway that the princess or rajputs would have consented or believed anything jalal would have said. And given the fact that Sharif was after her. Jalal stepped on to these extreme measures to keep her close.

It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that Abdul felt beyond guilty to doubt the intentions of his friend. All he had to do was trust Jalal’s intention but he instead compared his feat to that lecher Sharif. Safety of the girl, princess or commoner, was all Jalal had his intentions for. Its just that she being a princess made the matter worse than if she had been a commoner. But seriously, who was he kidding? Who knows these rajputs? They might have rataliated the same way had the girl been a commoner, afterall their princess is ready to throw her own life to save her subjects given Jalal’s threat.

Abdul (chuckled): Oh God, you had to give him an angel for once in his gloomy life and what a “spit-fire” she had to be. He is not just smitten, he really cares. Oh, my dear friend its gonna be an exhausting uphill. God knows how will you be able to convince our own people? Its the first time I deeply pray that the reputation of the devil preceedes his action. May the religious and political bureaucrats stay too scared to oppose you.

Before Abdul could stop smiling, Raja Bharmal and Jodha stepped out of the tent. Seeing Abdul, still rooted to the same spot where Bharmal had left him, Bharmal quizzed his eyebrow in an attempt to ask Abdul, if he at all moved to inform the Mogul emperor of his and Jodha’s intended departure? But before Bharmal could say anything, jovial Abdul nodded in salutation and the moment he laid his eyes on Jodha, his hands reached to tap his heart and with an ever loyal commitment to the royal family, he bowed on his knees and said, “My Queen”..

Jodha (fumed in anger): Get Up and Watch your tongue, before I slice it off, you devil’s aide.

Realising his mistake, and sensing the fact that Jodha took it as an insult, Abdul immediately stood up and with eyes still down, hands still atop the heart, replied,”I apologize, your highness, I..I mean princess of Amer”.

Then he looked back at Bharmal and requested, “I’m sorry Raja Bharmal, please you move ahead to your sons and men, I shall let the emperor know right away. Please wait for me to come, before you leave".

Bharmal gave an affirmative nod and Abdul left in a haste.

Bharmal turned to Jodha (fatherly tone): Now I understand that a battle can take a toll, but there was no reason to threaten the poor man.

Jodha (quirked her brow): Poor man? Don’t tell me father that you can not see through this facade. They are all brutes, just like their conniving emperor.

Bharmal (in a serious tone): You’re right Jodha, I couldn’t see through the facade, but now I can. And something that you should always remember is that “Never judge a man, unless you know him that well”. The misjudgement not only corrupts your mind, it stops you from seeing the truth. And the guilt that heads up after the truth is out could be excruciatingly painful, my child.

Jodha (extremely surprised): Just to be sure, its that brute emperor we’re talking about?

Bharmal: Yes, the same brute you offered your word to and expected me to honor that promise.

Jodha winced yet stayed quite and kept walking with her father.

Abdul ran with as fast as his legs could carry.

Abdul (huffing breathlessly): Jalal, the king of Amer is leaving and and.. so is the princess.

But before Jalal could go on a nerve wrecking rampage about Jodha leaving, Abdul continued

Abdul: And..and he has consented to your terms, given the condition that the princess sticks to her word given to you.

Jalal released the breath that he had been holding for eternity now..

Jalal: He has??

Abdul: Yes, and as much I would like to hold you here for my apology for not trusting you.. You better leave and bid “Your girl, princess or Queen to be” a farewell until you see her, twenty days from now at Sambhar.

Jalal (shocked): Has she agreed??What at Sambhar??

Abdul: Well, I still think she is clueless about this sealing the deal part with a wedlock, because “our queen to be” was ready to slice this “devil’s aide” tongue off. But I’m pretty sure the adamant daughter would stick by her word and the protective father wouldn’t let you anywhere near her unless you earn her hand honorably. So, he has agreed for the wedding that is to be held at Sambhar, twenty days from now. His word is his decree, and I believe the man. Do you?

Jalal (burst in an ecstatic smile and pulled Abdul in a deathly hug): Oh, my God Abdul..I just cant believe you. Oh,, thankgod..Ofcourse I believe the king of Amer. Their promises are their lives, how can I not know it.

Abdul: Then you better hurry, because you wouldn’t want them to keep waiting. The princess is still recovering, exhausted and weak. A family re-union is all she needs. After all this snarky evil plot of yours, peace is what you really owe her.

Jalal gave the brightest possible smile, “Ofcourse Abdul”

By this time, both the father and the daughter had reached where rajput soldiers and princes were.

Sujamal (looked at Jodha and his father coming, turned to his men): I’m done with this talking. Hold your guards. If we leave, the princess goes with us or no one leaves at all.

The rajputs soldiers grunted in unison at the command of their prince. The moment Jodha came in reach, Sujamal caught her by shoulder.

Sujamal (angry): I don’t wanna hear a damn word. You’re coming or no one leaves.

Jodha (adamant): I told you brother. I gave my word to the Mogul emperor and I’ve every intention to stick by it. Father understands it, he even agreed to honor it. Stop it now brother. Neither can we afford a merciless attack nor would I ever let it happen. Its a very small price. You cant change my mind.

Bharmal (intervened): Are you sure, nothing can change your mind. You do understand the predicament you’ve pushed yourself in.

Jodha (irritated): I’m content with the choice I made, given the options I had. There is no reason for you to be scared for me. I can take care of myself.

Bharmal: I know
You’ve given him your word to accompany him, YOU, the honor of Amer is going with him. If this is just a deed of sacrifice, I say it would be much better to sacrifice your life in a battle instead. So Jodha, if nothing can change your mind, promise me that this deed of yours shall not be a sacrifice, it would be a responsibility, instead.

Jodha looked at her father confused, while her brothers gaped in horror. What the hell does that even mean?

Bharmal (continued..): You’ll carry the honor of Amer with you, not to fade but to shine against all odds. Do you understand that?

Jodha (surprised): What are you trying to say father?

Before Bharmal could say any further. Jalal and Abdul had reached the place. Jodha looked back at the devil who didn’t look like a devil at all. The persistent frown on his face was replaced by a soft smile and respectful gaze. Somehow he looked so fresh as if the burden had been wiped off his brow. If Jodha would not have been in that bitter aura, she would have perhaps misunderstood him (again) to be the same man, she met long back who tried to convince her that he was a horse trader, instead of being the Mogul emperor. The moment the thought grazed her mind, the second she pulled herself back into the reality. Her mind screamed, “enough of this stupidity, girl, now pull that damn head of yours together”.

Jalal couldn’t dare to look back at Jodha so he kept his gaze focused on Bharmal.

Bharmal (to jalal): It seems my girl is more adamant than I taught her to be. She intends to stick by the word she gave you. So, I agree to your terms, we honor the bond of this unusual acceptance or a probable trust with a wedlock. Amer will await the groom, his family and your people with an open heart. I trust you, even if I‘ve no reasons to. If you’re honorable enough to keep it, I can forsee a future for Agra and Amer. If you don’t, well then, we Rajputs are known to bartend the deceit with blood. Even if that means our clan gets vanquished.

As if the ground slipped off Jodha’s feet. She inaudibly gasped, “Marriage? ”

Bharmal looked back at Jodha with an affirmative “YES” and Jodha knew what he meant when he made it clear that he wouldn’t let it be a sacrifice. “The responsibility”, was to carry the honor of her clan as the “wife” of a Mogul emperor. Now, the courage she had till then, held onto underneath the thin veil of her sacrificial choice was left off and in its place, the fear of an unknown future, in an enemy territory with a brute devil spouse stood clear. But afterall, it was her choice, “Anything for Amer”, right? But was she ready for this?

Sujamal hissed in anger and retrieved back to carry himself away from this dreadful event, so did Bhagwant Das.

Before Jalal could say anything looking at the pale-white face of his Jodha Bai, the Mogul cmmander, Chugtai Khan was by Jalal side.

Jalal looked back at Chugtai Khan and could only utter, “ Bakshi”?

Chugtai Khan: My king, the reigning princess of Nagaur, your sister Bakshi Banoo has been blessed with a baby girl. The mother and the little one are doing well. Mariam Makani will be taking your sister back to Agra, in a few days time. She requests your presence in Nagaur, before she leaves with mother and the child.

If the current situation could be any better. Jalal burst into a dazzling smile and shook Chugtai Khan hard, pulling him in a tight hug.

Jalal : Oh Chugtai Khan! What a news you’ve brought me. My little niece has arrived. I could give you the world right now, if you asked.

Laughing Abdul joined in and soon the entire Mogul post errupted in booming wishes and blessings for the little princess born. While the Mogul soldiers, commanders and Abdul joined in the celebrate the auspicious news. Jalal returned back to the father-daughter.

Raja Bharmal: Accept Amer’s wishes too. We wish speedy recovery for the mother and happiness and health for the child. May the footprints of the “devi” born bring peace to our clan and people.

Jalal: Indeed Raja Bharmal, but I should be equally grateful, afterall the foundation of this alliance would be set up by your princess. I guess I’m all in luck, today.

Raja Bharmal (nodded): I shall take leave. The next time you hear from me, it would be a father requesting the gracious presence of the groom's side. (To Jodha), Now, Come my child, its time to leave.

Raja Bharmal turned thinking Jodha to be behind him, but Jodha was too awestruck watching the so called devil beaming with joy on the birth of a child. All hurt, pain, anger, disdain vapourized in a flash the moment she saw the brute pull that old commander into a bone-crushing hug. He laughed with a joy that was beyond the limit of her description, the pure happiness of a child born in a family dripped off his persona. It was so humane, the true elation that vibrated off Jalal was so infectious that Jodha might have felt a ghost of smile gracing her own lips. Standing infront of him was exactly the same carefree yet concerned magnetic man that she had met long back. His emotions felt so honest, so human. Could a brute be even, capable of such feelings, such expressions.

Jalal noticed that Bharmal was leaving while Jodha was still standing gaping at him with her eyes wide open.

Jalal took the God’s given chance and whispered, “ You better leave my princess, before I change my mind”. The trance was broken, the flabbergasted princess looked around to see her soldiers and brothers had already left and her father had been leaving too. She looked back at Jalal flustered at her gaping, Jalal chuckled again, â€œI know you always find it hard to leave me..What is that saying, old habits die hard”. Jodha recalled her reluctance to leave him the first time she had met him. Gathering her composure back, she scoffed, â€œIn your dreams, you devil”. Jalal whispered, “Oh what would you know of my dreams, princess. Just twenty more days and you’ll get to live them”.

The scary thought shivered her to the bones, why she keeps hallucinating about the facade he pulled through at his first meet. Why can she still not believe that the destiny she wished for was all a big lie. That she was mistaken about the way she felt for him the first time, that this is the real him, who threatened her to submit, using the safety of her family, her Amer as bait. He is the one who used her in this evil plot of his, and God knows for what? He is the one who didn’t leave one choice for her? And after all this, the man has the nerve to wed her? Hasn’t he crushed her trust enough? What sick game is this?

Jodha’s face contorted at the hurtful memories, tears threatening to slip by. Jalal instantly realized his mistake, and before Jodha could bolt off. He caught hold of her wrist. Panic rose in the teary eyes of Jodha, she felt like screaming but not a sound came off. Jalal pulled her hand to her chest, and with all the sincerity he could muster up, said, 

“Forgive me. Please, just forgive me for all the pain and hurt I pushed you through..I, I.. promise you, this the last time ever in this life of mine, that I would EVER, EVER bring any pain to you.. Trust me, please, Jodha.”

Jodha pulled off her wrist from Jalal’s grip, 

“Easier said than done. Like I could ever believe you again??”..

Jalal sighed, “Someday, you would..I could be a very persistent man, Jodha. And I’ll keep trying till I breathe my last to get that trust, that warmth, that right you
YOU gave me that you were all mine and only mine to hold 
and hold forever,,, when you didn’t even know who you were pledging your heart to”.

Jodha didn’t retaliate, because he did say the truth, she did give him the right to make her feel that way, long before he enforced this situation.

Jalal yelled at the top of his voice, to stop the retreating father, “Raja Bharmal”, who stopped on his steps seeing his daughter still standing at the same place.

Jalal (to Jodha): Go Jodha..your father is waiting. (He paused for a minute and continued again) If only, you could see how blessed I feel to be thinking that I’ll get to see you every day for the rest of my life. The worth you have brought in this otherwise useless life of mine. If only the words could describe

Jodha spared a last retreating glance at the peaceful face of Jalal, who seemed like at this very moment he had the world to himself. Retreating slowly she hushed later to join her father back to her Amer, still not sure what to believe, and what not?

Edited by sm1308 - 4 years ago
sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyadaya13

Amazing update😊. Good to see raja bharmal understood jalals intentions. It was a beautiful update, but very small. We need more😳

Thankyou so much.. here is more :) and a tad bit longer too..

enjoy

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyaJA

Awesome chapter,
Jalal😡
Jodha poor her😭

Update soon next part

Thankyou..n yeah Our dear jalal could be aweful, but I kept him nice in this update..hope you like it

enjoy

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amitaprasad

A new admirer of your writing..the plot, the concept and the execution are par,-excellence.you have blended them so proportionally.I love the way each and every character is portrayed.. they are behaving so naturally .I love the bond brothers and sister share..

The story is so fresh and intriguing making reader restless for more..

The lion-cab of Amer,will be lioness of Agra.

this one sentence carries whole essence of the story..đŸ„łplease keep writing and update asap.

Thankyou, thankyou for such beautiful words. I cant be glad enough that you guys out there like and appreciate the story. It makes me so very happy. Here is the fresh update, keep reviewing and keep giving your love to our historically sizzling pair.

and I apologize for the delay in response because I feel like replying only after I've updated a post. Hope you forgive me.

thanks again

enjoy the update.

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ygayathri9

Ur story is really interesting and amazing 

thankyou, here is the update..enjoy..