Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PBDcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Ohh mmyy goddd.... Trust me dear writer you made me sweat the entire chapter for jalal... Poor chap is going through hell cursing himself n his hands đŸ˜†.... N lord save the soldiers, hakims, Abdul, sharifuddin n the entire moghul brat party from the wrath of devil n his frustration, also may lord save the devil himself when the tigress wakes up from her coma... Amen đŸ˜† I think this is just the trailer actual movie shall start now... 

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Image result for happy diwali gif

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

plz plz update the next part !

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 9 (Part I) : Broken heart, crumbling spirit..

(Back in Jalal’s chamber)

Jodha woke up with a startle, gushing as much air as she could in her lungs. The lamps had almost burnt off, leaving a lilting darkness in the room, but the redness of the dawn had creeped in through the windows yielding an orangish aura, fueling more freshness in the air, within the room. A sharp pang of ache was still reverberating in her head, her vision still blurry, limbs still jelly. She prickled her brows, gathered her senses and with a futile attempt to force her vision as to get more clarity, surveyed the surrounding. The ground underneath felt more like lush silk, the air smelt of soothing herbs, the cool gush of winds brazed her skin. May be it was a dream. How could there be this peace amidst the chaos of the battle. Before she could figure out the surroundings any further, a hazy figure shifted, cool fingers pressed her forehead. A shot of panic erupted from her chest, her body trembled in fear. She gathered her strength and jerked her head aside, in a vain attempt to scrunch as far as possible from the prying fingers. She shot up from the bed to sit up(an extremely bad idea) and winced as her clenched muscles retorted back. Her ears resonated with the sound of high pitched whistles and her vision went black and starry again. She kept her eyes closed, in an attempt to calm her hustled nerves down, and slowly raised her brows to find an old man standing afront. He released a sigh of content, and with a slight smile, placed more pillows underneath her back, gesturing for her to relax back.

Healer: Its okay my child. Stay calm. You’re not in a state to move.

Jodha (stammering): Where?…where am I??

Before the healer could answer anymore, Jodha gripped the bed post in an attempt to get off the bed. Healer’s plea to stay there fell on her deaf ears, and with wavered legs and hung up senses, she brought herself to actually stand. The healer kept pleading in  a more loud and strong voice, but damn him! Who was he to ask her to do this or that..The thoughts of her brothers, captive soldiers and suddenly the thought of “him”, that voice, his voice, swayed past her mind, and her heart thrummed so fast that she felt it would crack her rib. On her way out of the royal tent, immersed in chaos and confusion, amidst that state of combat between between her mind (that kept yelling, it was the brute king that almost took her life) and heart (that hummed it was “him”- her destined stranger” that caught her while she was falling in oblivion), she hit the boulders in the room, that fell with a loud bang. But, she had to get away, she had to get past the door anyhow. Either her mind or her heart were playing tricks and she was physically and emotionally too drained to process between reality and illusion.

(Back at Jalal)

Jalal was still steeling his resolve, when a commotion in the form of a loud bang drew his attention back to his tent, where Jodha was being attended. With an involuntary reflex his legs moved on their own accord and he leapt towards his chamber.

Jodha, in her wake to get past the curtains of the door, on her wobbly legs was almost there at the exit, raising her hands to get the curtains aside, when suddenly a huge figure came out of nowhere. Too drained to move and escape the collision, she crossed both of her arms infront of her as an act of defense against the one approaching. Jalal, on the other hand was at such a pace, that he couldn’t bring himself to halt and collided with the tender figure. But the realization that it was “her” was such an instant that he brought himself to an abrupt halt, which made Jodha to falter back as if one’s collision to a stoned wall would do.

But before her back could touch the ground, Jalal absent mindedly sneeked his arm around her waist and held her up again. The sudden jolt, yet no impact with the ground and now an unwelcomed yet protective warm embrace alarmed Jodha, she looked up in panic and for a moment the world seem to come to an abrupt stop. Her breath hitched, words died in her mouth, her senses were haywire yet the clarity of the sight, that she beheld was crystal. It was him, standing before her. An instant image of him from that first meet soaked her memory. It was indeed him, in flesh and blood, before her. He looked worried sick, deathly grave. His curls all disheveled, smudged kohl blood shot eyes looked too weary to have found sleep in ages. His pupil flickered at her as if trying to decode her state, as if his life depended on it. Lips all dried and parched up, as a man hovering the deserts. It was him, the same him, but in an entire different ghastly state.

As if everything surrounding them absolved, Jodha released her crossed hands and placed them over his forearm, that still held her in place around her waist, in attempt to console his tormented feature. Her touch immediately did what she had intended to. Jalal sighed in relief, and a gush of his warm breath touched Jodha’s face, the moment he closed his eyes and sunk his head as if offering his obligation to God for having listened to his plea.

Too overwhelmed with the sight of him, she released the breath she didn’t know, she had kept held and the moment her eyes lowered, she saw the brooch, the shining green emerald brooch that kept held the diamond pin, which had the blazing symbol of growling lion and a rising sun, shaded in green and yellow. The symbol of the Mogul empire studded on the pin of royalty, at the top left side of his shoulder.

As if stung by a serpent, Jodha winced, and pushed him with all her might. Not willing to restrain her or resist her, Jalal immediately withdrew his hands, and with a retreating faltering steps Jodha fell back and scrunched towards the center of the room to allow as much distance as possible between her and him.

Jalal could see she retreated not in fear, but in “disgust”. He knew the moment was gone and the realization that he was the Mogul king had struck her senses. The dreadful sight, the moment that haunted him for all this time had finally arrived and there was no retreat.

Jalal gave a knowing look to the healer, and the old man bowed, ready to leave the chamber. Jalal cursed himself within, for not restraining his emotions and steeled his heart and mind again to what was about to follow.

Bewildered Jodha looked at the retreating old man, and back at Jalal who was still standing at the entrance. He was no more “his stranger”, the vulnerability and flooding emotions that she had just seen on his face, mere seconds before, were gone, not a trace of it there, as if they were never there. In that state of dizziness she wondered if what she saw was perhaps her own imagination? Because, he was standing there, looking back at her, with apathy and no sense of recognition. His face had hardened (that made him look almost cruel), his brows scrunched (not in worry but as if in fury), his blood shot eyes looked agitated (not weary rather angry), his shoulders straightened (immanating arrogance, and pride). He was nomore, not in any damn way, “his stranger” anymore, standing in front of her was the “brute” Mogul king” in all his glory, and it was the first time Jodha realized what a foolish, naive girl she had been. Astounded by her own actions, a pang of guilt wrecked her heart. How on Earth could she have ever, ever felt for this man. This man, the biggest and the most fearsome enemy of her clan, the “very king” of the marauders and raiders that have been brutalizing and threatening her clan for ages. The master perpetrator of all the atrocities that his generals (Sharif’ud’din and Adham) have been casting on her people. And the foolish “she” for once, dreamt of him, longed for his company again, she longed for the “cursed being, her sworn enemy”. Why it had to be him? Tears of remorse (yet those of broken heart too) threatened to spill out, but she couldn’t let them fall, not infront of this brute least of all.

The old man had left, Jalal shifted on his heels in an attempt to approach her.

Jodha (tensed): DON’T YOU DARE??

Jalal, paying no heed to her threats, moved forward and sat on his heels right in front of her. With him, so close, her heart gave a maddening blow to her reasoning mind. How on Earth could a satan be in the skin of an angel? And how despite knowing that here sits the satan afront her, all she can think is an angel howering?

Jalal (boring his eyes on her): GET UP AND SIT BACK. WE NEED TO TALK.

Jodha felt a gush of anger seething from within. Crushing her delusional heart, pushing forward her mind to do the talking, she yielded,

Jodha: YOU LYING, CONCEITED, DECEITFUL DEMON. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK, I WOULD EVER LEND MY EARS TO WHATEVER YOU’VE TO SCOFF AND PUKE ABOUT?

Jalal (smirked): MY, MY! WHAT A DIRTY LITTLE MOUTH ON THAT SWEET LITTLE FACE? LAST I REMEMBER, THESE LIPS THAT SPIT POISON NOW, WERE POURING HONEY ON THIS VERY “DECEITFUL DEMON”.

Jodha felt a punch in the gut and before she could retaliate. Jalal spoke,

Jalal: YOUR BROTHERS AND MEN ARE STILL IN MY CUSTODY AND ARMY IS AT THE FRONT WAITING FOR MY COMMAND TO WIPE OFF WHATEVER REMAINS OF YOUR “AMER”. IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD LEND MY EARS.

Jodha gulped the palpating anger, and forced all her might to stop herself. Her brothers, her soldiers, her father and others at gate, yes!the situation was still unchanged, even worse that she failed in her attempt and was too in his captivity.

Seeing her silenced and yet thinking, Jalal spoke again:

Jalal: I GOT WHAT I CAME HERE FOR.

THE KING OF AMER CAN HAVE HIS PRINCES AND MEN BACK, BUT OFCOURSE, IN RETURN FOR AN ACCORD OF AMER’S LOYALITY.

This was unbelievable, Jodha blinked in confusion, why would he release her brothers, her men, why would he leave when Amer is still unconquered. What has he achieved??

Not able to comprehend, she stared back at him in utter surprise.

Jalal sensing her confusion moved closer breaching her space as if to come face to face. She tried to recoil back, her heart shuddered at the victorious expression that adorned Jalal’s face. Did he mean, what she was dreading of?

Jalal (in an almost inaudible tone): MY BAD! YOU DISAPPOINT ME. I THOUGHT OF THE GIRL WHOM I MET THAT FATEFUL NIGHT AS THE WITTY ONE.

Reality washed over Jodha. He was talking about her. Her, in exchange for what he was offering. A raging fury took control of her demeanor, she pushed him back and flung her arms, to slap off the smug look out of his face. But Jalal caught hold of her wrist before the slap could sting his face. She winced at his grip, and despite the injury twisted her own wrist to get herself freed. Jalal released her wrist immediately and glared back at her.

Jalal (glaring): DON’T YOU EVER DARE THAT AGAIN..

But before he could say more, she swung her arms again, and this time the slap of the millenia struck the perfect high cheek bones of the Mogul king, Surprised and totally taken aback, jalal stared at the seething timid girl, whose face had gotten flushed red, her eyes threw daggers and her chest heaved with heavy breaths.

Jodha (with clenched jaw): YOU! YOU SPAWN OF THE DEVIL, HOW DARE YOU THOUGHT THAT. YOU, YOU DISGUST ME AND I DESPISE YOU WITH ALL MY ENTIRE BEING. YOU SHOULD HAVE KILLED ME, YESTERNIGHT, BECAUSE I’LL KILL YOU THE VERY NEXT CHANCE I GET.

YOU CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO COMPREHEND HOW MUCH I HATE MYSELF FOR HAVING ALLOWED MY HEART TO FEEL IN THE SMALLEST WAY POSSIBLE, FOR A BRUTE LIKE YOU. BUT NOW,THAT I KNOW, I WOULD KILL MYSELF BEFORE YOU TRY TO SEIZE THE HONOR OF MY CLAN UNDER THE VEIL OF ME.

The insults she hurled, didn’t affect him for that he expected it very much. But her concluding remarks made him lose his temper. How dare she said, she would take her own life, before she was asked to share the one with him? He would not allow anyone not even her to harm her own self.

Jalal (hissed in anger): NO, YOU WOULDNT, BECAUSE I SWEAR IN THE NAME OF YOU, THAT IF YOU DARED TO HARM EVEN A SINGLE STRAND OF YOUR HAIR, I WOULD TAKE THE COST OF IT FROM EVERY SINGLE SOUL OF AMER. IF YOU EVER DARED TO INFLICT THE MEEKEST OF INJURY UPON YOU, I TELL YOU I SHALL WIPE OFF YOUR ENTIRE CLAN AND WHAT WOULD REMAIN OF AMER IS NOTHING, NOTHING BUT DUST.

Jodha’s blood left her veins. She paled. The threat was grave. It was the lives of her cherished subjects at stake, the existence of Amer at stake.

Jodha (whispered): YOU WOULDN’T…

Jalal (questioningly): OH! WOULDN’T I? KNOW IF YOU MUST, THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD THAT I WOULDN’T DO TO KEEP YOU ALIVE, AND WITH ME. (he paused for a moment, and continued..)

YOU WERE RIGHT, WE’RE DESTINED. ITS JUST THAT I MAKE MY OWN DESTINY, DOESN’T MATTER, WHAT COST SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR ME TO ACHIEVE IT?

Jodha could see the intensity of his resolve in his eyes. Her anger evaporated into horror, she shivered, the fear prickled her eyes in the form of tears, and Jalal in a moment averted her gaze to not see them crossing the borders, trickling down her lashes.

Jodha (whispered, tears of remorse still trickilng down her cheeks): I BROUGHT THIS UPON MY OWN PEOPLE. I, ENDANGERED MY OWN BROTHERS, MY OWN SOLDIERS, I BROKE THE TRUST OF MY FATHER, MY PEOPLE. THIS, THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF ME.

She clenched her chest with her fist, as to allow a sob to get released. Jalal kept her gaze averted, not facing her anymore. He couldn’t dare to see her, in such a vulnerable state. The fire in her eyes had been washed off by the threat he gave her. The girl who wouldn’t shed a tear at her own injuries, sobbed like a scared child at the thought of her people, endangered. The patriot in her, who was ready to throw away her own life for the sake of her people, her land was made convinced that she herself pushed her subjects to doom. That she, who had been brought up as the honor of her clan actually turned out to be the curse for them.

Jalal knew he had struck the chord where it hurt her the most, he knew he left her with no other option and given the fact that she was selfless to such a nauseating degree, he knew that he has achieved what he came here for. He, himself had convinced her that he, the Mogul king was the real him, and the one she met at that fateful night, one for whom she might have held a soft spot was nomore than a figment of her imagination. He knew he has bended her to his terms, and in the wake has broken her heart, her belief too. But the most threatening part was, what if he has broken her spirit too? Agitated, torn and not able to breath the heavy grieved air anymore, he left, with just one wish,“May she be stronger enough to keep the fire of her spirit flickering and nothing not even “the devil” be capable enough to dissipate it”..

Edited by sm1308 - 4 years ago
sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jjlove

Amazing chapter dear...it's very different because they already like each other...the way u showed jalals condition was very beautiful...plzz try to update soon it's very hard to wait when u want to read further.

Thanks for the kind words..

I'm sorry for the dealy though,pls enjoy the fresh update..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kriya_12

okk dear , but but why such a tease , u always stop at a point where we cannot wait to read more .

I'm seriously sorry, for you dropped msgs asking for update and I couldnt respond in time. I'm really stuck up these days, and my updates might not be that frequent. Please bear with me, one updates once a month that's a guarantee. But, please, I'm really sorry to have kept you waiting..Happy diwali to you too :)

enjoy..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dolly.Moses

Beautifully written but scary hope all ends well

all shall be well :)

enjoy the fresh one..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: preyasekar

oh god

jalal is devasted now

and also planning to secure jodha now  i think it is because of shariffudin

hope jodha will be fine soon

yeah, everything shall be fine soon..after a bit of torment though..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sofna

Wow just caught up with this amazing ff. 

Thoroughly enjoyed and I prefer your plots to the show.

Do update can't wait to read how this loves story pans out

Hey, thanks..I'm flattered though..:P

enjoy the update..

sm1308 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PBDcrazy

Ohh mmyy goddd.... Trust me dear writer you made me sweat the entire chapter for jalal... Poor chap is going through hell cursing himself n his hands đŸ˜†.... N lord save the soldiers, hakims, Abdul, sharifuddin n the entire moghul brat party from the wrath of devil n his frustration, also may lord save the devil himself when the tigress wakes up from her coma... Amen đŸ˜† I think this is just the trailer actual movie shall start now... 

Yay! mission accomplished, if I made you sweat :P n yeah you're right, our girl has awoken, but our Jalal is a trick manipulator too..n yeah Im gonna keep the brat party away for sometime to focus more on the leads :) Thanks for the lovely review and enjoy the fresh one..