Together...no longer!:Anupre FF (part 5 updated on pg2)

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
*Description of the book*

"Beginning from where the happily ever after ends."

He blamed her,She blamed him but none analysed how the fate worked out to drift them apart. Everything good fell apart with the frustrations started to peep. 'Life  of roses'wasn't something they believed but a hurdle of thorns throughout wasn't something they wanted.

What does the happy endings climaxed with? Marry and then a child but what if the happy ending of your lovestory begins with the sour of the relationship you shared. 

There love wasn't a one in a million but  among the one that hailed through struggles of life not the fairy tales they told. 

'Forever' is what they promised but they are together...no longer!

To know the journey more join the bitter-sweet yet subtle lovestory of Anurag Basu and Prerna Basu now Prerna Sharma with his everlasting book ' Together...no longer!'
Edited by Tranquility07 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 1

'Love turned sour'

"Are you still angry?"her heartbeats thumped while standing at the notch of her door. Smile graced her lips as she turned to face him.

"I didn't want anything else but your time--your time, OUR time; together. And besides these roses I am glad you gave me that."she hailed the epergne of wine roses in the air "and the best part about our time together was that you made me laugh my heart out even when I was angry on you. And somewhere I hate you for this because it gave me hopes to fight with you millions of time to have evening walks like that."

His grin grew wider as he fished his phone out to click that lovable moment  in frames and not just the memories. 

"Together Forever!"they chimed in unison with the dimly lighten stars witnessing the promise their soul abided each other by. 

"Together Forever-"her lips wobbled into a flat curve of grim with eyes welled up in tears , melancholy spread through her nerves as she surfed through the gallery of her cell phone being lost in the lanes of memories they shared, too happily to ever believe that one day it all have to fall out of that promise.

That picture of them, together at the darkest hour of night but none cared.

The black background of the night with just tiny twinkling star and the umbra of two people who gazed at the front camera,  the outlines to their frames was the only thing that defines   them, when they were Anupre. 

"Anurag!"a lone tear slipped down from her right eye kissing her chin while trailing over her cheeks making it rough with the brine.

"Madam,your destination has come."the chauffer alarmed her as she rapidly pressed the back button to exit the floating application of her phone, wiped away those trailing tears and fished out the wet wipes from her pouch in an attempt to feign her strength when she knew she felt shattered at the moment of it. She sweeped the mess those trickling tears created on her derm with the dampened wipes , graced a smile though her eyes told a different chronicle.

"Fair?"she asked him while inserting her belongings back into her purse in the process of picking out her russian red lipstick and drew it over her lips with the motive to crush his manly ego, to tell him that she doesn't care about him anymore. But at the end of it--it hurted her like leaving her suffocated for minutes but then she was pumped to oxygen the very moment her soul would be free forever from the girth of her flesh.

Paying off the fair to the cab driver she grinded her heels into the ground with every step towards the building in her sight ,she knew she was moving away the square times from Anurag. The uncertainty transpired through her nervous system,her breathes panicked and sweat beads layerered over her forehead creating a camouflage for other's to blame the sun on the winter noon when in reality it were her apprehensions to all this fiasco.

FAMILY COURT, it read.

Her eyes trailed over to every letter of 'family' but she knew her seems to be far away from being called as. The bitter memories of her past flashed souring her mind to no extent till that urge of hatefulness acquired an space in her blood,again. "I hate you,Anu!"her lower jaw writhing under the upper one with hate perspiring through her body language but what she failed to acknowledge was the 'Anu' she used for him as an endearment, the way she calls him as or used to call .

"Mrs.Prerna Basu-"her lawyer walked over to her with his face washed in worry "You are an hour late Madam." His voice was concerning but the curtness didn't miss to drip mixed with the worry. 

"Mr.Das, My flight was delayed by two hours due to fog over the track so I couldn't make it on time."

She was straight with her words and minded to keep no emotions intact but was serious over the issue on how exactly are the proceedings will lead to because she failed to inform the authority on time.

"I am sorry--"her words were cut short by the husky manly voice that ranged from her behind.

"Miss.Sharma don't value time, neither hers nor of others and ends up with just one word:'sorry',everytime. But she doesn't know that her sorry' won't cure the wounds she gave."he walked to face her, his eyes darting deep in hers with the wintery cool yet warm atmosphere turned too intimating as his sardonic smile tugged his lips "I would better suggest you Mr.Das to leave the case or I guess you already know the consequences of the first hearing itself."Mr.Das ignored his rant owing to the years of experience he had with the bitterness of couple's relationship.

"Valuing time over feelings didn't yield you anything too,Mr.Basu; except for failure."the retort may sounded harsh but deep down it did affected him because he knew she was right and unfortunately he can't reverse it anyhow.

"Mrs.Basu, the court has cancelled the hearing due to your absence and with no information shared. Now, we are alloted the date and time a week later at eleven'o clock to present the divorce case."Her face drained but somewhere her heart summersaulted with the merry within that she tried hard to confide.

"Mr.Das, it's Miss.Sharma now.She don't match the standards to be called as Mrs.Basu."his voice pinched her ears again while Mr.Das completely ignoring him moved away to study rest of his cases.

"What's your problem Anu...rag?"old habits die hard, she just can't kick all those memories out of her heart and specially the endearment of 'Anu' she used for him exclusively. His cold looks softened a bit but turned even more rigid when that 'rag' came out with her wobbling embarrassment. 

"My problem is you,Miss.Sharma!"her eyes moistened but she blinked to suck those threatening tears back.

"No worries! I won't be there with you any longer so... your problem will be solved but until then don't act like that grumpy and jealous kid who is roaming around to frustrate his enemy when internally he is breaking bit by bit."

"I ain't broken, you're too acquired by your passion of day dreaming...Miss.Sharma."

He stressed the word 'Miss.Sharma' but it didn't pained to her in regard with the name because when there were just no sweet feelings between them that mere name of his attached to her won't even matter anymore.

"You don't matter to me!"he exclaimed shifting his weight on his other leg and cranned his neck to the same side.

"Do you ever really loved me,Mr.Basu?"

"The question you better ask yourself,Miss.Sharma."tears surfaced over their corneas but now they are better at masking it in minutes.

She was about to recounter it if it wasn't Nivedita Basu, now Nivedita Sengupta;his sister invaded their jive "Onu, we shouldn't waste time here. This isn't going to yield anything but would only degrade our notability. It's better we should leave." She eyed Prerna from the corner of her but was mature enough to handle situations subtly rather than creating the unnecessary fuss over it. 

On acknowledging his sister's point of view he spun on his heels as Nivedita held his arm to drag him away knowing that he is bursting into infallible pieces that could never fall back to get framed. He played a masquerade of emotions for the world but two women across him knew what he must be suffering through but none forwarded to help since one was suffering through the same while the other knew what this all would sum up to.

"I need to talk to you ,Mr.Basu!"his heart pounded in his chest as he sincerely hoped for her to stop him from going away from her--forever, from wrecking the most beautiful I thing they shared-their relationship and it happened. Though she didn't highlighted the reason but requested or rather asked him forwardly but he hoped for it to be something like that.

He nodded his neck in a positive craning to her side such that he titled it to her,that positive no from his side after an heated brawl was the least expected but this was much needed. She needed to talk about it to him to unburden herself from the tremendous of pain that budded in her chest and was gratified that he agreed without much hodge-podge of her brain to convince him.

He needs to know about it! Her mind screamed at her as she simply walked out of the foyer of the court past him as he watched her distant figure till he reached out to his car.

Hola peeps!

Hope you find the very beginning to this book quite interesting to share your valuable reviews and hot the star. 

I was damn excited to take a break and try something new on #Anupre when this idea hit me really hard that I couldn't content it anymore and published. Will be looking forward to your response. 

Cheers!*Clinks the Coca-Cola filled in Chardonnay glasses!

See you on the next update!

nancy56 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh my god ! I just can't believe this !
Every time I read this , and only one word comes to my mind : fantastic

I don't know how , but you catch every emotion with such rawness such passion !
And you could almost feel Anurag prerna's pain

One day , I would love to see you make a series ... may be 5 years or 10 years from now , sitting somewhere , writing screenplays !

I shall keep on commenting , because o want everybody to read this
nancy56 thumbnail
di ! there is one suggestion 
you may write anupre ff/ss with the name of your story ...cause people may not know that its a story , they may think it to be a 😳discussion topic
Nazneen006 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This is really good! Do continue
Tranquility07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nancy56

Oh my god ! I just can't believe this !
Every time I read this , and only one word comes to my mind : fantastic

I don't know how , but you catch every emotion with such rawness such passion !
And you could almost feel Anurag prerna's pain

One day , I would love to see you make a series ... may be 5 years or 10 years from now , sitting somewhere , writing screenplays !

I shall keep on commenting , because o want everybody to read this

That's so sweet of you dearie you have freaking no idea about how every comment of yours makes me feels so good! I am really blessed to have readers like you! Thank you so much.
Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 2
' Talking things out'

' Talking things out '

The chills of breeze stroke her frail skin like the daggers as she fished out the shawl from within her purse and wound around herself  and walked rubbing her hands periodically in an attempt to warm herself. It weren't for long but mere twelve to fourteen steps from the taxi perch to reach the Urban Caf, one of the finest caf of Chandigarh and the place where he decided to meet.

Crowd was the only thing that flourished through the doors as her heart started beating frantically  with her agarophobia somersaulting in her being. 

The penetrating smell of freshly brewed coffee challenged her olfactory senses making her rush to the washroom situated at the left most corner to the door with a doll imprinted at the centre indicating it to be for the women's.

Throwing her guts out in the dross bin she sighed with the heaviness pumping in her head though it felt lighter now. "Are you alright?"she heard the call from the woman outside the door, who must have heard her moans while vomiting. Not in want to interact or gaze over she replied in a dull and just-thrown-up-vocals "Umm..yes!". 

Pulling her free curls back,she rubbed her nape breathing heavily as ever. Tears sprouted over her corneas but she rubbed them away in a minute. She stood up on her heels and spun around to exit the cabin.

"Hey!"Prerna was startled seeing a lady standing just on her face. But even before she could settle with her surprising appearance the lady hurled question at her "Hope you are fine?".

She smiled a bit with her teary eyes on seeing concern from her side and nodded in a 'yes'. "Thank you!"she breathed " I just felt nauseous so..."saying so Prerna started to walk for the basin but felt dizzy in the mid-way and tripped a step. To save her from falling the generous lady came forward to hold her from the wrist and gladly prerna escaped the fall.

"Are you Pregnant?"the lady beamed at her after Prerna stood firmly holding the corner of the island placed before her while the mirror reflected her lean figure in the bright white lights. 

The silence from Prerna's side became awkward for her as she apologized "I am sorry if I crossed the limits but I was just too driven by my doctor instincts."

Prerna slightly nodded in a 'no' because she felt happy to see someone's concern for her but the uneasiness that struck her after that pregnancy question compelled her to swim through the bitter memories of her life. 

"I am pregnant--eight weeks."Prerna smiled at her amongst the tears in her eyes when the lady took her into her embrace mouthing a congratulation. 

"By the way, I forget to introduce myself."she moved away from her beamed at Prerna with a gleeful smile and it is then Prerna noticed her doe shaped hazel eyes with a pouty pair of lip donned in darkest shade of red with a subtle makeup that all in all she looked pretty in her off- white chiffon anarkali suit. 

"I am Anishka...Dr.Anishka Bagchi"she forwarded her hand and it is then Prerna burst out of her daze and shook hands with her introducing herself as "Prerna Sharma". 

Anishka's cellphone rang echoing in the small chamber as she fished it out from her wallet mouthing a good-bye to Prerna and walked out of the the door talking on the phone. 

Prerna turned to wash her face and wiped off the residual chyme that stuck to the sides of her lips. Her breathings were now at normal rate as she washed her hands and picked out the handkerchief to wipe it when the fibrils of the fabric tangled in the crook of her ring thus gaining her attention. 

She skillfully detached it with few threads peeping out but what caught her attention was the crystal that shone brightly in her ring finger as the memories of her engagement flashed in her brain. 

The fairy lights hung from the chandelier brightened the patio in the shimmering of golden while the sunkissed hue of roses added the beauty to the evening that was held for  namesake when they already belonged to each other. 

Seated at the hammock that was finely carved with the wood and graciously decorated with the heavenly scent of roses across, the couple eyed each other with the love sprouting in the air and giving a reason for the guest to chime with endearments of admiration. 

But besides that smile of her there was a thumping dread in her heart, her childhood fear of crowd and the area bustling with loud noise and people wasn't the sight she wanted to see. 

She knew about the situation beforehand and had undergone numerous of self- motivational rounds too but facing the situation brought an opposite outcome than she expected. And to top the fear was her apprehensions to fit perfectly in the frame of Anurag Basu's wife, for the world.

He knew her fears and apprehensions so squeezed her hand away from the prying and admiring eyes of all. She smiled at his subtly sweet gesture with her heart beats playing in his ear drums,he knew how scared she felt but for the sake of his family she sat there silently--showing her perfect set of teeth. 

"Don't worry I am there with you...amongst all of this crowd."he whispered to her looking at his front as his mother, Mohini Basu reached to the duo with a pious worshipping tray in her hand.

She clutched his hand a little tighter to indicate her love for him before detaching it away as Mohini approached them. "Onu-Prerna"she called them both eying them with the fake love for the sake of Anurag's happiness and asked them to stand up at their seats.

As the couple stood up ,the pious matras echoed in the open air ringing the wedding bells in their minds and Mohini stood on her toes to mark their foreheads with the blissful vermillion before they were asked to exchange the rings.

Her chain of thoughts came to an end with the pop-up call of her cellphone when she wiped away the tears that flew through her eyes in daze and fished her phone out to see the message. 

'Mr.Basu.' It read.

She clicked it open to read about his arrival and smiled sarcastically at the change of events. For her, everything has changed within the span of three years. From his ever so caring nature to his bitter behavior, everything happened that she never expected when they promised for their  Together-Forever'. 

She looked the two contrasting situations of her life when there were times he supported her through her fears and it is today when he brought her to face her fears amalgamated with the pain of losing him, forever.

She exited the restroom only to face that ever so bustling crowd and unknowingly her heart started beating irregularly, she was scared of the noises hurling at her in the back of her mind but she promised herself to step out of it everytime she took a step deeper into the arena. 

Her eyes brimmed with tears and that unknown weakness acquiring her brain, her senses now were shut down to numbness increasing her hatred for him. He did it purposely to weaken her state of mind, to weekend her but she didn't wanted him to succeed. She fought rounds of battles from within, her figure shivering with the dread when she closed her eyes remembering that little squeeze of his hand whenever she feared of the crowd and was left out alone. 

A push from behind scared her as her one hand reached out to her womb with one clutching to the rim of the chair placed next to her. "Sorry!"Prerna and stranger mouthed at the instant but the incident seemed to be increasing her fears exponentially.

She breathed heavily with the burden on her heart and turn to face in her front when her eyes caught in his darkened pool of almonds, that eyed her devilishly with a smirk flaunting without regret.

She walked through the crowd fetching her inspiration from the deepest corner of her hate for him. He did it purposely , her brain retarded but that fire of hatred arousing from within proved to the fuel of her strength, contrastingly.

"You did it purposely; didn't you?"her tone couldn't mask that hatred budding from within making his smirk go wider to some extent but their was still a guilt from his inside for his act. 

She wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes and jested through her hair's to pull them back as they covered her eyes. "For God's sake, why can't you just grow up and act maturely?"the frustration was visible through her expressions as know the regret surfaced out of his skin, gradually. 

"Anurag,look,we both have fears and using them as the advantage won't yield anything except for hatred."She breathed heaving as her mind controlled her body to reacted to her fears involuntary. She eyed to her sides before seizing the glass full of water placed before her and gulped down whole of it within seconds.

"I know ,we no longer share that sweet bonding as before but we still have a chance to end things on a good note if not better, at least as friends or mere acquaintance."her eyes trailed over his left hand when he rested his hand on the table , breathing tiredly. He knew what he did was wrong but this seemed to be one of his guilty-pleasure he had the urge to extract from her.

"How do you manage your fears when you are alone,at Delhi?"his eyes raised up to meet her centrifuged to his left hand or probably his ring finger which no longer was bound with the ring she made him wear; back the three years instead another ring replace it showing her that he now belongs to someone else even though their ties aren't broken legally. 

His eyes frozen on her face, waiting to see something else than frustration but if only he knew that she had learned to stand out of all those insecurities ever since he broke their relationship emotionally if not legally yet. 

"Something I am too acquainted to now--fears. It still lingers but the thought of having none by my side seems to be the most hopeful thought to overcome it somehow."she smiled, returning her gaze from his ring finger to his eyes. 

He noticed the redness of eyes with the capillaries bursting out of her eyeballs, indicating the strain it went through with her desire to not break into the tears that brimmed up. The silence engulfed them with none finding a subject that feels less painful than this.

If it wasn't for the waiter who approached them their table would have been succumbed to the silent and heavy breathes. "Your Order Sir...Ma'am?"his polite vocals broke their eyelock as they faced him embarrassed.

"One black coffee and Coffee latte with coconut cookies"Anurag ordered without gazing the menu since he was known to their tastes really well. As the waiter proceeded to go away with the order Prerna stopped him at the instant " Filter coffee instead of Coffee latte, please.".The waiter left as Anurag questioned Prerna over her change of taste within two and a half month.

"Things change with time so why not the taste."she shrugged it with the silence developing again but couldn't last for three minutes more as Anurag break it. 

" We got engaged a week before. She is a doctor. We planned to get married by the end of this year,after our divorce."his eyes travelled over  his sides with the guilt penetrating his soul as he failed to match her inquisitive eyes. She forcefully smiled at him and beamed a congratulation "Congratulations Any...rag! Hope this times the girl matches the expectations of your family...and yours;of course."

"Well,yeah,umm...Mom has chosen her for me because she thinks that it would be easy for me to get over..."he stopped at eyed her as she understood his indication.

She smiled at him politely making him curious for such a gleaming reaction from her when a part of him was expectant of her to fight over him but then he got reminded how she just walked out of his life and that expectations flopped down. 

"It seems so strange to see both of us talking things out, though they don't relate to the reason why we are here but still... it's been long since we ever talked nicely."he nodded to her doubtlessly before asking her for the forgiveness on the account of his cunning trick that he played on her regardless of knowing her fears and phobias.

" I am sorry,Preu!"he sighed before continuing " for calling you here in this bustling hour even after..."his tongue ditched to voice it further with the guilt burdening him.

"Even after knowing my fears?"she shifted uncomfortably at her place and filled her glass for another round,not to quench her thirst but to ease down that panic in herself.

" I am happy that you apologized for it. And it's just the beginning of us tackling things maturely now instead of being extremely instantaneous with the youthful blood in our veins."she smiled at him in acceptance.

" Things would have been better if we worked out on our relationship like that but..."he rubbed his hands over each other in regret as the peace of their friendly relationship currently reminded him of their initial days. "Prerna you were the mature one among both of us, at least you could have made me understand it."he complaint with hurt.

"I guess we better not have rushed with our feelings firstly, though it was love but still--we should have given each other time instead of rushing into-- marriage."she was in a daze of memories searching for the reason why their love turned sour when the reality hit her that nothing can be changed now. 

"Anyway,the by gones are the by gones. Let's just not talk about them."she chuckled humourlessly in an attempt to let go off the regrets that would conquer over the friendliness they developed.
He watched her intently before pulling his shoulders back for a second and required the same position as before.

"Umm..Anurag, I wanted to share something severe and trust me...I do not intend to hurt you in anyway but I felt that it's your right to know."the hesitation on her tongue made him attentive as he straighten himself with the clear indication of him being all ears to her. 

"Anurag,I am pregnant--eight weeks."she licked her lips with uneasiness as her heart thumped louder not knowing how exactly he is going to react to her. 

"I felt that it's your right to know it as a father and I don't mean to bother you about it anymore if you don't want to. It's just that I came across it four days back and chose to better discuss it with you  on how are we going to take things further. Though there isn't any hope of reconciliation keeping in mind the past instances and now as I came across your engagement, nor was expectant to. But if you want to keep in touch with the baby  I wouldn't be acting as a barrier between both of you."She completed raising her eyes to him who was awestruck with the information he just grabbed. 

His lips curved up in the smile and hand covered his face with the surprise that struck him. The tears brimmed in his eyes as he watched her intently,his features softening and probably this was for the first time he let his tears flow freely without any boundations in front of her ever since they met after two and a half month from their separation. 

"I mean.. you can discuss about it with your fiance and go according to her preferences because now she is going to be a major part of your life whom you have promised your forevers if not firsts."her tongue stuttered at the thought of it but knowing the bitter events of pasts she knew getting hopes of reconciliation will prove fatal for all three of them, surviving through heart break once again is something she can't expect of. 

He was knocked out of his merry with those tested and mechanical words that she talked about but even before he could record his mind registered that he had to sort things out before promising her. 

He had his family's hopes on him and the promise he made to the girl who wantedly moved forward to share her life with him even after knowing his past but still it pinched his heart that his love,Prerna has become so hopeless on him for everything they once had.

Their orders arrived as he paid the bill that came along with it. 

He has just got hold of his black coffee when he heard Prerna squirming at her place with her hands covering her mouth as she rushed out to somewhere--he could not estimate. He stood up at his place to follow her with the snacks left untouched. She rushed into the women's restroom as he stopped on time on realising where she went but this wasn't the end to his worry. He stood tense and rooted at his spot until it stroke him why did this happen. He paced to and fro with her moans and some-noises-that-he-couldn't-decode echoed making him lose his senses to the exasperation for not being able to be there with her.

"Excuse me,what the hell do you think you are doing outside the women's restroom?"an angered young lady questioned him making him flinch at his spot with the frustrations building up but realising his circumstances he stopped, breathed deeply in order to calm down his raging chargin.

"Umm,I am sorry."he breathed deeply as the lady  eyed him in accuse yet he chose to continue it further "Look,my wife is pregnant and she is vomiting inside. I can not go in so was waiting here. Can you please help her?" Seeing his politeness and the circumstances she acknowledged his state and assured him to help her out. 

"Don't worry brother,I will see her."her face softened with realisation and she moved in to ask Prerna about the issue. 

"Hey!Are you fine? Your husband is worrying about you.What shall I inform him?"the lady knocked at Prerna's cabin door asking about her wellness. 

The irregular breathings and hush of words was all she could hear in return until she knocked again "I...am...fine..."Prerna's strength was completely drained out with the serial throwing up of her guts out till it was the bile juice that set her throat on fire.  

She was out of strength toppling when she tried to stand up but in the nick of moment balanced herself and unlocked the door. "You look pale...and drained. Your husband is worried about you a lot. "Something stroke her lungs as Prerna started coughing vigourously. 

The generous lady patted her back and helped her to move to the basin as Prerna helped herself and nodded to her in gratitude. "Th...than...thank You!" Prerna chimed as the lady smiled at her subtly before she get herself inside one of the cabins to finish that unfinished business she came for.

Prerna wiped away the trickling tears and washed her face with the chilling splashes of water before exiting the chamber to witness Anurag standing at the face of door with worry lines clearly visible. 

"Preu,Are you fine?"he took her in his embrace the very moment she exited, she clung on his arms for support with her erratic breathings when her heart pinched at the thought of them being separated forever after the divorce or for a better consequence being reserved to mere acquaintance. 

A part of her wanted this moment to happen when they were together or may this baby could bring them together somehow--after all it is his baby,their baby. But she knew now is just too late to mend things that broke them apart . 

Precap: Prerna throws away her engagement ring.

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 3
' Breaking the ties '

She detached her coiled arms away from his frame when the sanity knocked in,tears spurted over her corneas but she bowed her head to suck them back with the brine burning her throat for the bile that itched. "Ahh.."she moaned rubbing her chest with the uneasy sensation of parboil making him aware of the events. "Preu..."his vocals husky of the concern amalgamated with the amour when she harshly countered it back "Prerna...Mr.Basu.".

His worried phiz eased down to the flattened hurt that slipped through his eyes but he controlled knowing the circumstances they stood in,and accepted it too though bitterly. "I am sorry..."his vocals dulled with gripe as he looked on to her with now a step back to create a decent distance.

"Anurag,you don't have to be."Prerna exclaimed as their eyes met for a infinitesimal minute of eyelock. "H...How are you?"he broke the awkwardness that prevailed between them when she silently nodded her head into a positive.

"Shall we move?"Prerna proposed seeing herself pressed congested against the wall next to the door and took a step ahead when he seemed to agreed. 

"Your Shawl.."he tugged the floating end of her shawl on her shoulder from the side,that touched the floor with her carefree aptitude for the illness that took toll on her.

"Thanks."she mumbled softly trying to keep her emotions in check with the cumber of not falling weak in front of him through her will.

"So..."he inhaled deeply and turned to gloat at his right only to find her rubbing her hands in the chilled breezy "feeling cold?"lines of worry drawn on his forehead. 

"Umm...yeah, pregnancy side-effects. Extremely alerted senses."she averted her sight from him to something in oblivion, behind him.

"Dinner? You seems to be influenced by the vomiting."she turned away from him fearing to wave a bye to him,since a part of her knew soon it's going to last for forever and then nothing can be undone.

His heart palpilating from his thoracic cavity knowing he will be void of her presence soon but he strung the proposal in an attempt to expand the duration with each other.

"I am fine,now and moreover my dinner is reserved at the hotel I am staying so...you don't need to worry about it."she was curt, trying her level best to distance him knowing the revulsion in her emotions for him. With now all rationality gone as her limbic system took an upper hand. 

He looked on for yet another ray of hope to stop her but sadly he had none except for the pretext to drop her;in the chilled weather. "Come,I'll drop you."he exclaimed swinging the alloy key around his index finger and moved forward opening up the door of his car for her. 

"Anurag,you don't need to."

"But I want to."

She blinked her eyes, pushing back the newly formed set of tears and feigned a smile that unfortunately didn't reach her eyes. She acknowledged his efforts internally but feared if this is going to last for the duration she would again get habituated to,and at the end shattered discovering it to be one of that enchanting dream she once walked out of in her stupidity. 

He shifted his weight on his left leg, giving space to her when she acquired the passenger seat though after the rounds of mental strive and reluctance.

He was quick enough to bring engine to life before she could change her mind. "We can have our dinner together."more of a question to himself than a declaration to her. She turned to face him, while few minutes before her head was resting over the fenestra in the dizziness overpowering her senses.

She just stared at his ardently firm features not giving an introduction to even what was surfing through his brain." Why are you doing this?"her inaudible whisper somehow managed a space in his ear drums but with no answer in his hand he acted deaf.

"Why are you doing this, Anurag?"her pitch higher than the last and hurt was clearly visible through her wobbling lips. His phiz under the voluntary scrutiny of his brain, the intense calmness spread across his features and on contrary to his heart somersaulting for no answer in his hand. 

"Doing what?"he enquired acting nonchalant but the frickle of his nose and cocked right eyebrow said it all,to her.

"Nothing..."her vocals puffy, but knowing his reluctant amptitude she hid her inquisitive instincts under her skin. 

She didn't know if that care was for her or his feelings for her were that superficial to be this concerned for his baby only. 

Her head heavy with the ordeal that she had to go through the roughed day and an hazardous evening since she ended up throwing her guts out. She silently rested her head on the window of the her seat, watching the fog dazing the glass with droplets slipping and glowing when the light shimmered through them. Tired and drained, she closed her eyes searching for the solace.

He watched her intently, careful enough to drive safe through the hushed roads. Her eyelids shut yet she knew he was watching her, and he had his own sweet time of admiring the beauty he no longer wake next to.

She squirmed at her place uncomfortably,when he noticed the perspire drops lingering on her prow. He knew the reason of her sudden discomfort and lowered the rate of  warmth conditioner. She uncoiled the shawl from her frame and straighten herself up on the seat. Gazing through her surroundings she acknowledged to be approaching her inn. 

The clinging water droplets surfaced through the glass stunning them to the core with rain being the least expected. Mixed with the droplets that clangoured her cellphone buzzed gaining both's attention to it.

' Advocate Das ' it read as they eyed each other with uncertainty hung in the air.

"Good evening,Mrs.Basu."he greeted her as sound reached out to Anurag,too: making his expressions transform but even before Prerna could decode them he had his grip.

"Sir,I would like to be called Prerna. And a very good evening."she beamed with soft vocals as the scene at court unfolded in her mind again, reminding her of his dislike for her being addressed as Mrs.Basu.

He glanced at her for a moment but then turned it on time, before she could realise. He feigned to focus on the road when his ears were stuck at what exactly were they talking about or rather, are they really going to divorce...even after knowing about a little soul attached to the two of them.

"Prerna, I had presented the paperwork for the hearing of the case next week but I just wanted to confirm it again if you want to claim for alumni or not. Think rationally. Take time."Mr.Das announced on the call and heard nothing in response but her deep sigh.

"Mr.Das, alumni won't give me the time I invested in nourishing the relationship we had and even he too give his share of espouse as me then what's the need of asking for money. It would be like I sold my feelings at the cost,and nonetheless when their is no strings of love attach we better cut down the tie before it becomes venomous."she was in flow of her pep that's why she ended up revealing it.

She was scared to look into his eyes,not because she was wrong or a lier but for now she know she is out of her mask and he would confront her within with just an eyelock.

There was a minute of silence from the other end of the phone before it went off with a polite" Good night" as exchanged between the duo. She stretched the red sphere of the call to decline and removed her cellphone into it's original position with air getting as each minute passed. 

She waited for him to say and the same way he for her,but seeing no response from her any further he broke the silence with a rough rumble this astonishing her. "Do you really meant what you said?"his gaze focus on the road as he feared to hear if all that was false.

"I say what I mean."

"Even,what you said that night?"his lips wobbled sardonically. 

"Wish if I didn't but sadly I felt that way."tears brimmed up in her eyes as the rugged images of the worst night of their lives flashed but she got hold of herself, caught a sight of him rubbing his eyes: probably wiping his spilled tears. 

"Digging the dead past would make the present painful and we are definitely going to regret for losing the chance to make things acceptable and fine. It's tenacious to let go off the memories since they lie deep in us but we can definitely move forward to accept the changes that must have brought us here,at this stage."she breathed, heavily,with her voice straining through the pain it suffered.

"There is still a chance of us, befriending each other before we spoil it all over again with something more to it."she declared, allowing her eyes to let her unshed tears kiss her chin when his lips traced till the drop and kissed them away,whilst he parked the car at side. 

"Let's... let's just be friends because we can't deserve any more to it."she distanced him,with her palm resting on his chest that created a gap between them. 

She could feel his erratic beats under her touch,his orbs penetrating her's with a mind numbing sensation transmitting through both. "I love you."her audible whisper amalgamated with the brine of her anguish, hurted him too deeply.

"Ca...can we kiss for the last time?"his request sounded more of an urge;on getting no response from her but just those sliding tears that roughened her skin,he took it as a yes.

Securing her face in his huge manly hands he bent his head over hers,their nose nuzzling over with warmth of love exhaled in their breathes. Their foreheads resting over each other with their eyes closed in their own accord, her dried and his plumpy lips made a contact as they cherish the either's for the last time. Till the oxygen knocked her out for the breathlessness she incurred, they savoured the taste of each other's on the pretext of last.

They detached their lips away but feared to smell the proximity of their breathe for the last time,it pained to imagine that all those relishing memories they had in past was happened to witness this traumatizing present,where they will be separated soon. She darted her piercing gaze into his vulnerable soul that surfaced through his tears and pain washed over. 

His eyes reddened with capillaries sprouted in angst,"Don't go!"he cried but unfortunately it was too late for him to accept what he wanted. 

She removed his palms away from her face and tilted back to look at most vulnerable side of him she ever witness but sadly,she was bound to her own apprehensions and rationality she wanted to come out of yet was mired more into.

Her left hand reaching to her back as she pressed the window glass down,she watched him intently for a second or two before pulling of the ring from her ring finger and threw it out.

"Every tie we had in the name that once conjugated us is gone now, leaving behind just the memories to be relished but no pang for it do not last now."she cried and his lips quivered in his symphony to his gripe. 

Nothing was said yet there was nothing that was left unsaid between them with their eyes revealing emotions and the silence talking. He knew it's over between them,she knew it's over between them yet everytime they realized it pained more.

Precap: Anurag to visit Prerna in Delhi.

HARSHTA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Omg!
What a wonderful storyline
That kiss was so amazing and well written
I could totally imagine Anurag/Parth's cracked voice while pleading her not to go and Prerna/Erica's helplesslness and teary eyes

So wonderful
It felt really good to se Anurag's care for Prerna's in this situation when fully knowing we might not be able to see it onscreen

Loved it!
Update soon
:)
nancy56 thumbnail
Originally posted by: HARSHTA

Omg!
What a wonderful storyline
That kiss was so amazing and well written
I could totally imagine Anurag/Parth's cracked voice while pleading her not to go and Prerna/Erica's helplesslness and teary eyes

So wonderful
It felt really good to se Anurag's care for Prerna's in this situation when fully knowing we might not be able to see it onscreen

Loved it!
Update soon
:)

Totally relatable !!!