dark comic
anthology - read
details
Anurag Basu's untitled
film centres on
unavoidable jeopardies
of life.

Read the full article in below link,

https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/sanya-malhotra-and-fatima-sana-shaikh-team-up-again-for-anurag-basus-dark-comic-anthology-read-details/?fbclid=IwAR2yvANQQEhDITl9Pkp_BkkhOb4okVHFb40W-7BiKAy65z82uPLL_BbJ3KU

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

I find this ironic.
Let me explain:
_they were both good in Dangal. For me, I didn;t see why Fatima got afterwards more prominence, because to me Sanya was as good as her in the movie. Then in  debutants  round table Sanya wasn't even invited - I  fiound that a bit underhand considering she also had a big part in Dangal and as such if one weas there then the other should have been too- so she can share her  view point.
-After Dangal, Sanya seemed to have  vanished.. and  she signed - what was thought to be- small movies. Fatima was papped and talked about quite a lot, attended every event out there.. and so on

-Fatima went the  Big  Movie route( aided or unaided, whatever..) and thought she'd be on the upper echerlon by now...TOH was supposed to beat all other movies.Yet it was a Disaster in  the end.

-Sanya  got whatever she could and landed a role in Bahaai Ho- which  did suprising business and became a SuperHit /Blockbuster.

-Sanya's 'Photograph' is  being released at Sundance !! And she is getting exposure in the West.
  -Not sure if Fatima has anything else.

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fatima got more attention initially becaUse she played the lead sister. It was about her winning in Dangal. But eventually Sanya made it through. You still never know who will stick around in the long term. All it takes is one movie. Right now Fatima is def struggling to the pt that she is talking about her affair with AK that nobody talks about now as we all realize it was all PR drama. It didn't last beyond the movie!Edited by LifeOLicious - 5 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Fatima/Zaira were the lead in Dangal as they played Geeta, hence they got more popular, because it is pure revisionism to say now that Sanya had anything over them during Dangal release time.
MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

Fatima/Zaira were the lead in Dangal as they played Geeta, hence they got more popular, because it is pure revisionism to say now that Sanya had anything over them during Dangal release time.

Fatima could play 10 Geetas, .. that doesn't mean her role was more impactful (not for moe, not  everyone's assessing her role as the 'greater' one..).

I was actually  more  curious to know about Babita  than the older sis. She had to endure all the sessions and tantrums of dad and sis and still try make it. It looked to me like she was a dfark horse, trying to find her way and trying to win  despite being considered second best, somewhat ( ironic, again, considering how things turned out..) . To me, she was the more interesting character, with a  nicer personality.

And they were all 4 on all the posters..S anya was in all promos...there wasn't delineations between the roles of the sisters as one is lead the other isn't. .

Of course, everyone is different, so no issue.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
the major plot of movie was about the story of Geeta and Mahavir's ego clash, just because you were more curious about Babita doesn't mean she was the main role, Sanya was barely 10 minutes in the movie, but hey she was more impactful.
That is like me saying oh since I was more interested in Zoya in TZH, hence she is the lead in TZH/ETT.
MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

the major plot of movie was about the story of Geeta and Mahavir's ego clash, just because you were more curious about Babita doesn't mean she was the main role, Sanya was barely 10 minutes in the movie, but hey she was more impactful.
That is like me saying oh since I was more interested in Zoya in TZH, hence she is the lead in TZH/ETT.

10 minutes? Come on now😆

Go check again. She's there  half the movie or more.

And  I  think Zoya was also a great character in TZH- and not a 10 min role either.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

10 minutes? Come on now😆

Go check again. She's there half the movie or more.

And I think Zoya was also a great character in TZH- and not a 10 min role either.

No Sanya wasn't, it was the young girl who played Babita, who had more screen time than even her. Zoya is a good character, but not she isn't the face of the franchise.Edited by Thug-Leader - 5 years ago
juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well the film was about mahavir and his daughters but it was Geets phogat who was the eldest and eon the gold first and Fatima played geeta. Sanya played babita who was integral too and she got very good media coverage..she was in every damn interview with fatima including kwk. When the film released it became a big hit and everyone knew both the girls despite the fact that sanya's character wasent the main lead' but more of supporting actress but her personality came out more well received than Fatima. Plus Aamir mentioned the girls together always Sanya and Fatty. Then the fatima rumours started that Adi wanted Vaani..shradha was spotted quite a few times outside his office too..but Fatima was finalised. Sanya sighned badhai which did well and did better photoshoots and dint get trolled too. Fatima on the other hand got trolled that Adi chopra told her not to tweet till release lol plus photographs of her with kiran on ak's eid lunch and Junaid's play dint do her any good. Her personality is also less well received than Sanya. Zaira took the cake though. She got secret superstar and two national awards for her acting plus a Lead alongside Priyanka chopra!
MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: juba

Well the film was about mahavir and his daughters but it was Geets phogat who was the eldest and eon the gold first and Fatima played geeta. Sanya played babita who was integral too and she got very good media coverage..she was in every damn interview with fatima including kwk. When the film released it became a big hit and everyone knew both the girls despite the fact that sanya's character wasent the main lead' but more of supporting actress but her personality came out more well received than Fatima. Plus Aamir mentioned the girls together always Sanya and Fatty. Then the fatima rumours started that Adi wanted Vaani..shradha was spotted quite a few times outside his office too..but Fatima was finalised. Sanya sighned badhai which did well and did better photoshoots and dint get trolled too. Fatima on the other hand got trolled that Adi chopra told her not to tweet till release lol plus photographs of her with kiran on ak's eid lunch and Junaid's play dint do her any good. Her personality is also less well received than Sanya. Zaira took the cake though. She got secret superstar and two national awards for her acting plus a Lead alongside Priyanka chopra!

Very  good summary .

And  so true about Zaira - she got the best  result ! 

Hopfeully Sanya's  'Photograph' does great now cause it's being showcased at  Sundance and Berlin Festival   !

Then she  can enjoy some  fruits of her labor- and film again with Fatima..