Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeehana thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Ooh cliffhanger!! 
Amazing update, dying to know what happens next.
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Anjali sure put the pieces together really quick. 
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you all for the lovely comments. 

I have been way too busy but I wanted to write this story, and yes, Fragrances too. 

Although, no time to send PMs or edit my writings.

Can you believe, I wrote the whole thing in a few hours (7000 words)? Well, I did and I will edit the whole story and PM the story.

Thanks again for the comments and I am going to reply to each one of you ASAP.

Love you all!

😊
coolie001 thumbnail

Namaste! Read. Enjoy. Leave your thoughts.

Chapter 10 [2007 Words]

Khushi felt a tad bit uneasy when she got off the phone with Anjali. Anjali had called her in the morning at seven and asked her to come to meet her at the Creekbridge after her office. Khushi knew something was not right by the way Anjali talked to her. She decided to not overthink and meet Anjali in the evening. Probably it was something menial. She shrugged off the doubts, and she picked her coffee and the croissant from the canteen and walked with Ron to the staff meeting.

It was freezing cold when she walked out of her office building. She rushed to her car, steadily, and tried to unlock the car, but the lock doesn't seem to work somehow. She had to open the key, and manually unlock it. She cursed the climate as she stepped in, and her phone rang. She started the engine and answered the call.

"YES? she shrieked into the phone as her voice was almost parched, and her lips dry due to the cold.

"Khushi? What's wrong? It was Arnav.

"Arnav? Hey, hold on! She quickly had a few sips of water and increased temperature.

"Sorry, it's freezing, she chuckled, calming her voice a little.

"Hey, are you okay?

"Yes, Arnav, I'm fine. How are you?

"I'm good. Look, we need to talk, Khushi knew where the conversation was going on.

"What is it? she asked calmly, her thoughts ran wild, thinking of all the conversations she was going to have. Her body suddenly didn't feel cold anymore, and she could feel the heat settle in her body.

"I really wanted to have this conversation face to face, but I cannot help, it's just nagging me.

"Out with it, please, she was almost on the edge now.

"You know what, I will call you later, I got to go, she could hear someone call him on the other end of the phone, and she cursed her fate.

"Okay, I'll wait, bye, with that she cut the call and steered her way through the traffic. The traffic soon disappeared, and then she found herself through the beautiful suburbs. It was almost 7 PM as she parked her car in the almost empty parking lot at the Creekbridge.

She walked across the narrow path that laid under the canopy of trees. The cold and chilling breeze seemed to weave its own way through the air and constantly nuzzled the fallen leaves. Khushi walked some more and then saw a clear view of the beautiful lake. It was covering a huge area and there was this beautiful footbridge that was standing in between, connecting the two ends of the land. It was a spectacular view. She walked close to the footbridge and observed the structure. It was hardwood and few metallic gripping that made the bridge look sturdy.

"It is spectacular. Isn't it? She was surprised by the voice and turned around to see Anjali walk to her smiling. It was not the same chirpy smile that Anjali adorned. There was something different and she can easily say that.

"Hi, Khushi smiled and waited for Anjali to speak, but Anjali took few steps ahead and stood on the bridge facing one side of the railing. So, Khushi simply followed her and stood beside her looking ahead at the beautiful waning dusky sky.

Almost five minutes passed without them speaking. Khushi thought to break the silence but decided otherwise. Maybe it was better to stay silent and witness the evening sky and rather not burst the bubble.

"Life is mystical. Isn't it Khushi? Anjali spoke without looking at her and Khushi, although startled initially, smiled, nonetheless.

"It is, in its own way, Khushi told her, now looking at Anjali. Anjali was wearing a pale yellow kurta and white long palazzo. She wore a black sweater along and she looked simply elegant in such plain attire. There was something that Khushi could not understand though. Something that seemed to be amiss among that elegance.

"Are you alright? Khushi asked her not able to hold any speculations anymore. Anjali turned towards her and smiled at her. Khushi curiously searched her gaze, trying to figure what was all this about.

"Tell me, is everything alright? You look... Khushi searched for the right word to fit the description, but she could not find anything that would fit the context, "different, she completed. Anjali looked ahead and a small smile playing on her lips.

"Khushi, I wanted to tell you something, but I guess I am not the right person to do so, Anjali told her, now completely turned towards her.

Khushi was baffled. What does that mean? Where did that come from?

"What?

"I called you here to discuss something with you, something important, but... Anjali's phone rang as she spoke, and she quickly excused herself and walked away to take the call. Khushi turned around, confused as she processed. What was all that about?

She quickly glanced as Anjali motioned her to join her. Khushi walked briskly towards Anjali.

Anjali motioned her towards the parking lot. Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks and turned around towards Khushi "You are a great friend, Khushi, we have a lot more common than you think, she smiled.

"Okay, now you are freaking me out, Khushi almost whispered her thought to Anjali.

Anjali didn't say a word, instead, she smiled and walked.

Khushi watched a red car parked right behind Anjali's black BMW. She hasn't noticed that one parked when she arrived. She held her coat close to herself as a sudden breeze hit her. Anjali waited by her car as she waved to someone in the red car.

Khushi realized in a brink that the tall person waving back was none other than her father.

"Dad? She was shocked to see him here. Her mom got down next. Her head started rushing with millions of things as she stood numb and motionless.

They soon recognized her standing there, and her mother rushed towards her, pulling her into a hug.

She cleared her head for a second and wound her arms around her mom, trying to comprehend.

Her dad stood there smiling affectionately.

"Mom, dad? What are you guys doing here? She finally spoke to her apprehensions. What were they doing there? How do they know Anjali? Everything was so confusing.

"Khushi, her mom was in tears.

"Is everything alright? Khushi asked, shaken, to say the least.

"Everything is fine, Khushi. Come on with me, Anjali said as she led them to the cafeteria that was beside the parking lot, facing the lake. She simply followed her, with her mom and dad close next to her. The cafeteria looked ethereal, but she was least bothered with the dcor now. Too many doubts and questions clouded her mind and wanted to break open the barricade.

Anjali picked the table at the corner and all of them sat down.

"Now you guys are freaking me? How's Payal? Is there something wrong? Khushi asked again.

Garima nodded.

"Everyone is fine, Khushi. There is something else we wanted to discuss, Shashi told her, trying hard to smile. Khushi knew for a fact that when parents get all emotional and stuff, it means marriage. That thought led to Arnav, but Payal is older to her. They can't marry her to someone. She sighed. Hold it. She told herself not to hyperventilate.

"what is it then? Khushi asked.

"We love you, Khushi, your mom and I, we love you a lot,

"Dad, you are just freaking me out, she nervously chuckled trying to ease her parched mouth.

She picked the glass of water and drank it all in a go.

"Khushi what we are going to say is important, but you should know that we love you, and listen first, he said as she was about to open her mouth to speak.

She nodded as she sat, bracing for some unknown thing to happen that had brought her parents all the way from India.

"Okay, good. I believe you know Gargi is Garima's sister. Right?

Where was this going? She wondered.

"Yes, she said confusion etched at the unexpected start of the conversation.

"It was a long time ago Khushi. Gargi didn't want to marry and when she was 40, she decided she wanted to have a kid, after a lot of research and checking options, she decided she would go for artificial insemination.

She nodded. She was confounded right now. She didn't know this about her late aunt. She hardly knew anything about her at all. Twice or thrice conversation comes up, but her mom would shun away the topic. She always thought they had fights and stuff, but this is a shocker.

"Uh-huh

"One day, she called saying she wanted to talk to me about something important and she was going to visit us. While she was coming to visit us, she met with an accident, Khushi gasped. Her doubts increasing, genuinely not in the loop of the conversation.

"A few days ago, when we went to Anand Nilayam, your mom found a diary, your aunt's. She mentioned that she knew the donor and there was some mistake, she was going to come to tell this, we are not sure if she knew who the donor was, but that is what she mentioned.

Silence. Shashi paused trying to calm the waters before throwing the blow. Khushi looked into his eyes, her head back in motion with one thought that stuck.

"Who is the kid?

Shashi caught Garima's hand. The moment of truth. They looked at her in silence. Khushi felt Anjali's hand on her shoulder and then she knew. That second, she knew.

No answer was needed. She could already feel the truth as if someone whispered in her ear. She needed to gravitate back to some emotion. Hold onto the falling world. So, she asked.

"Who?

Shashi closed his eyes, comprehending his daughter's expressions.

"Yo...u, he whispered, his voice breaking in the monosyllabic word.

And she felt everything spinning around her. Her 20 years of life, her existence. Everything. She felt numb as she closed her eyes, feeling her head violently spinning, she laid her head on the table with her arms supporting.

"Khushi? Garima frantically called, but Shashi shushed her.

"Drink some water, dear, Anjali handed some water.

Khushi could still feel the buzz in her ears. She wanted to know the truth, all of it. She didn't say a thing, just took a few sips of water and sat straight not meeting her eyes with anyone.

Right then, the waiter has come to the table.

"I'm sorry. We are self-service. Did you want to order from here?

"We shall order. Can you give us some time please? Anjali said courteously and the waiter left.

"There is more Khushi, Anjali continued and Khushi nodded still not meeting their gaze.

Anjali continued.

"All the time we spent, I knew there was amiss, I mean there was too much similarity between us. So, I got a DNA check and I was right with my doubt. You... you are my brother's daughter, Anjali said and took a pause letting Khushi sink in the information.

Khushi's eyes widened as she gasped for breath. She took a deep breath trying to stay there, be present in the scenario. So much information. So many questions. She wanted to just breathe. Just let all the thoughts take a back seat and feel air fill her lungs. She got up.

They all looked worried.

"Give me some time. I need answers, but I need some time to take this. I'll be in my car. She said and walked to the door.

"Khushi? Garima got up, but Shashi stopped her.

"Wait for a while, she needs time, Anjali agreed.

Khushi sat silently on the hood of the car letting the cold breeze kiss her skin, unguarded. Did she want to know her biological father? Does that matter? She felt foreign and hindered with life. Maybe she wants to know him. [2000 words]

To be continued... needs editing tooπŸ˜†

rfexp95 thumbnail
Oh dear khushi. Too much information to digest for her.
Big shock for her.
But she'll come through this hopefully and understand it all.

Waiting to read how you go about it further. :D
sammymas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow, it's a beautiful story. I'm so curious to know more, like a suspenseful thriller . 
Loved it. Looking forward πŸ˜Š
coolie001 thumbnail
Okay, so there is more to the story but this is an epilogue for the contest. Put it as an excerpt from the future. πŸ˜†

Epilogue 1

"It is not done like that, the creeper will curve around your hand and the thorns will feed on your hand," he told the little girl who looked baffled.

"That's not the way you teach her, Advait. Come here, Drisana. Anjali called the little girl who vivaciously skipped towards her from her scary grandpa.

"Your mom and dad are here, even Vibhav, go downstairs, she told her and Drisana sprinted across the garden to meet her parents and her favorite cousin.

"Don't run so fast, careful, Advait shouted behind the girl.

"You have to stop doing that. You don't act spooky with the kids. Be nice to them and they will understand, Anjali told her brother who was sitting with a stern expression and garden wade and scissors. He didn't answer, instead, he smiled gently. Anjali shook her head and she smiled as she sat in front of him on the chair.

"So, how's your granddaughter's gardening classes, Anjali asked

"Better than I would expect, you know what she did? Advait picked a small potli jute bag and handed her.

"What's this? Ouch.

"Careful Advait warned her.

She opened the bag to see thorns.

"Yeah, I removed the thorns from the roses, and she collected them and packed them in this, you must ask her why. She is so adorable, Advait broke into fits of laughter.

Anjali smiled. Well, miracles do happen. It was 10 years almost since she sat in the same house worried for her brother asking for a miracle, but here she is, happy for him. He was connecting, and being the super grandpa to Khushi's daughter, and Payal's son.

Somehow things fell in place. Maybe they always do.

Khushi watched as Arnav held Vibhav on the banister to let him slide.

"There you go buddy, don't tell your mom, she will eat me alive, he chuckled.

"Really? Let Payal hear this, it would be so much fun, Khushi sniggered from behind.

Payal and Akash went to attend a wedding in Pune, and left Vibhav with Khushi and Arnav, to babysit him.

"Mommy, papa, Drisana came running through in her little shorts and a long-sleeved shirt. Her hair in two pigtails.

"Look who is here, my little princess, what have you been doing? Arnav picked her up and threw her in the air and caught her back making her giggle.

"I'm learning gardening. Grandpa is teaching, she told him. "I'll take Vibhav and teach him, she said wiggling out of his arms. He put her down. She told Vibhav to follow her, and they both ran to the garden.

Arnav pulled Khushi into his arms making her smile.

"So, what do you want to do?

"Umm...let's say, we can learn gardening too, with that they both walked hand in hand to the garden for a small family evening.

When you least expect, life happens.

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
Veenapai thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Chapter 10 was awesome, finally kushi's birth truth revealed to her. Loved the first epilogue. 
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Loved Chapter 10
Finally, the cat is out of the bag. Khushi was shocked to know about her birth and her biological parents. She really needs some time to grasp everything and now wanting to meet her father and know about him. Was Arnav about to express his feelings towards Khushi or is he planning on proposing her directly?
Eager for the next one.
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just simply loved it kushi was shocked to hear about her birth and a father waiting to read how she met her real father