Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Point about supernatural genre is so well made. Indian super-natural shows are nothing but a big joke. Hollywood does so well in that even when they have so many supernatural shows airing in the same duration & still all of them get popular. These channels really think in this era of stiff-competition about content, when even Bollywood actors are reiterating on this fact & are undergoing a sort of revolution, they can get away with this shit they serve. If they continue doing this, then TV will obliviate from urban audience's houses for obvious reasons.

There was a time when CW was airing all supernatural shows in America & all of them were absolute hit- Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Teen Wolf on MTV America.

Now they have so many comic-based shows & even they are doing so great- Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Constantine.

It's good that many senior actors are coming out to voice their disappointment. I hope either Industry improves or they explore the web platform in future. This shitfest is not for actors like them & viewers like us.

Kiruravi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Kiru even the first season of Naagin wasn't original yaar. It's a copy of a show that came on zee with Sayantani Ghosh and Sachin Shroff as leads. Only difference was addition of other supernatural animals n Sesha. S2 was a ditto repeat of S1 with same set of villains and S3 has no logic whatsoever. The dumbest I have seen so far. And this crap is the TRP topper which makes me wonder if the majority of he audience have pea brains? And the lesser about the other ones better. And the funny part is people argue that logic doesn't apply to supernatural n u should enjoy it as is 😆 when was logic restricted to only reality? And because of this crapfest good content doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Ohh is it mandy it was a copy🤪grt. Whatever genre ,shows should have logic. And just because it does well interms of trps one cant call a illogical show a good show. Itv  trp audience cant accept good content shows and because of this syupid 30k trp system many good shows are suffering while crap shows are still continuing.
mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
More than half of the population is actually excluded from the TRP system. It's only a small number of people who like all the regressive shit that is shown. When indian tv used to have shows like dekh bhai dekh, sarabhai vs sarabhai, hum panch, tara, buniyad. audience accepted them. hence I don't believe TRP topper shows reflect the taste of the indian viewers.

One thing which in my POV should happen is that instead of telecasting shows daily for 30 mins. shows should be weekly airing for 1 hour. When shows are aired daily, a lot of the times we get filler episodes.
Also it gives CVs more time to come up with better ideas.Edited by Cherryfairy - 5 years ago
Serial_Fan90 thumbnail
All of you make valid points. I'm so glad that there are like minded people who believe that programming on ITV is below par and that TRP measuring system is flawed.

Big hug to all those who commented. I'm sorry I'm a little short on time.

Love
Mish
mystique_4008 thumbnail
What a shame 🥱 i was just going through the Wikipedia pages of all 4 GECs and what I noticed is that in the former programming section, all shows were categorised into different genres.

Anthology series
Children/teens series
Drama series
Comedy series
Horror/supernatural series
Mythlogical series
Hindi dubbed shows
Reality/non scripted series
Animated series

Whereas when I checked the current programmes running. All came under only two categories

Drama series
Reality/non scripted series

mystique_4008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

I am not a fan of Shakti or his character in Silsila but I actually get this man's disappointment as an actor who signed for a promising complex character & tried to do justice to what he was given even when a part of him couldn't comprehend it. And as an actor, this man has gained my respect. (He brilliantly did parts of Silsila & he happens to be a good actor as well, someone who can get to skin of his character quite effortlessly & portray different shades with ease, he made me hate & love Kunal at times & that speaks of his acting calibre).

He gave an interview earlier as well just after DD's exit & leap of Silsila & he had the exact same thing to say about how supernatural shows like that on ITV don't appeal to him because of story.

It's good, many & many people from the industry are voicing their opinion out loud about the herd mentality on TV & how the kind of content these channels are serving at this juncture will take a set of audience away from TV forever & force them to switch to Web which doesn't insult their intelligence to this extent & how they don't let a story even breath properly before they come up with their stupid ideas to gain TRP or axe the show.

What Harshad said in ITA interview was still not as raw, this guy went as raw & naked as he could to bring all these opinions up & this speaks of his frustration as an actor & as a viewer who wants to see ITV industry grow & be respected for its content as it was in 90s. He even went ahead to point at programming team & management team of colors by citing timing changes & Tantra's TRP.

And good job pointing out the crappy decision making team of Colors who has been bull shitting around for some 3 months now. They have pissed off a lot of directors & producers in the recent past with the minute interference they do to brilliant scripts & ruin the show for the sake of their TRPs.

Silsila suffered exactly what BP suffered, interference in the script from channel's side. Channel's brilliant interference ended up ruining up what could be a great story on ITV as per the initial promos as showed in Pakistani shows. It's hard to believe that same Gajra wrote BV & Astitva (back in 2002) which had brilliant characters & wrote Silsila which shows characters in such distaste. The discontinuation & sudden arcs of characters can be clearly seen in the show & the woman is not known for that.

I hope Colors tanks with the kind of work ethics they have.

I somehow think BP was still better off than silsila. Cinevistas were fed up of channel meddling with the story (slip between cup and lip as stated in faryal mam's post) ani sir did manage to squeeze in some essence in that medicine room scene. If show continued, by now a full fledged 3rd wheel track with milli would have been shown ruining AdiYa's characters completely. Silsila makers were desperate for their show to continue that's why they agreed for voot. But the story is no longer the same.
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

I somehow think BP was still better off than silsila. Cinevistas were fed up of channel meddling with the story (slip between cup and lip as stated in faryal mam's post) ani sir did manage to squeeze in some essence in that medicine room scene. If show continued, by now a full fledged 3rd wheel track with milli would have been shown ruining AdiYa's characters completely. Silsila makers were desperate for their show to continue that's why they agreed for voot. But the story is no longer the same.

I don't think I can blame makers of silsila since they don't have any other show in their kitty. Cinevistaas had YTG set when BP was to go off air so they were in the business. And Silsila had already been damaged long before and with Voot they just tried to provide the closure to story and do something about the leap they had just taken to show mauli's journey. 

BP could be damaged if they hadn't opted out at that point and until that point it still had some essence even though a lot of it was lost if that Mili was the plan because originally BP after marriage should have been focused on AdiYa as married couple and to show them in contrast of their previous partners accusations on them. 

Silsila was always a very vulnerable story with its theme and any meddling in it would have ruined it without much effort which actually happened.  Kunal-Nandini were not a conventional couple but channel tried to show them like that in every way. BP was not that complex and vulnerable like Silsila because BP had a solid plot of bringing AdiYa together after leap which in a situation that can fit conventional romance. (AdiYa were both single and had covered a journey together before as partners in office nd provide closure to their past). 

Silsila could never bounce back after the meddling of channel because the theme as such needs to be handled with absolute delicacy otherwise it can be interpreted on whole new level and give a completely different  and wrong message. Show originally was planned to be somewhat like Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain web series and Dil Sambhal Ja Zaraa where affair was to be shown as human flaw and play of forbidden desires aka grey shades. Colors want to show even the morally digressed things as normal and positive in guise of being progressive and simplification of complex feelings to appeal to God knows what audience. (Paak rishta was proof of that attempt). 

So in terms of channels ruining original scripts, both Silsila and BP suffered the similar thing. Only difference is meddling in Silsila could never be recovered and damage was done considering its theme while with BP, damage could have happened had they stretched last leap track with Adi accusing Zoya of infidelity continuously because that was so out of his character (the entire Ram-Sita track was so distasteful because it was so abrupt). Leap was not part of original story in both of these shows and channel meddled big time. 
MargaritaLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hats of to Shakti to call a spade a spade. Very few actors speak up on issues like this & Shakti had the guts to do it. It's really sad how rigged trps define the quality of ITV. As a hardcore Bepannaah/Jenshad fan I feel robbed that such a beautiful show was snatched away from us bcoz of greed. And to make things worst, if the 2 month ban of trp is true, then I feel really at loss of words as a loyal BP viewer. 
enlightenme thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have switched from TV to Netflix now. Though the show I'm right now watching is Anjaan. It has supernatural content but it's better than the regressive shows like Tantra, Sitara and Naagin with zero connect to real humans and their emotions. I really wonder how shows like this can continue for years. It should have a definite story and timeline.