Bravo Shakti Arora! Say no to #Zootopia

Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys,

Finally the sane set of actors have started voicing their opinions. This is could be television's important #NoSupernatual movement.

All that was said behind closed doors is now being said openly. I might not love Shakti for his acting but I certainly appreciate him for his honestly.

Calling spade a spade is no sin. Shows like Naagin, Tantra are derogatory and defy any sense of logic. India had a rich culture yet we are shown such obsolete crap. No wonder we are still called a country of snake charmers.

I wonder where the fans of this show use the logic that has been given to them? Im sure their quota hasn't been used till date

Mish

Here is the link to the most honest IV I have read recently :

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.pinkvilla.com/tv/news-gossip/exclusive-silsila-badalte-rishton-ka-we-are-just-stooping-bad-level-television-says-shakti-arora-436518%3famp
Wow shakthi's IV is so good πŸ‘πŸ‘. His words are very true  honest and directly said  ITV's condition. Sitara replaced BP and it is doing poor , tantra replaced ss and it is getting 0.4. 

Both silsila and BP were giving them decent trps at an improper timeslot while the new supernatural shows even in correct timeslot couldnt give them good numbers.

This shows tht supernatural genre will not do well just because it is supernatural..it should have logic uniqness then oly it can click. Naagin is another show which has the same old wine in new bottle..it is the same story in all 3 seasons and doesnt have a pinch of logic in it. Colors has become national geographic channel. 

The era of supernatural shows will soon end. Ppl wont watch the same crap again and again in the name of supernatural genre. All these supernatural shows are nothing but comedy shows. And iam very glad that the actors who are part of the same industry acknowledges the current state of ITV. 
Edited by Kiruravi - 5 years ago
High time actually for sane people to speak up against this ongoing degradation & deterioration of ITV. 
So glad that Shakti put his opinion in such matter of fact way πŸ‘β­οΈ My respect for the man went several notches up β­οΈ
On a side note, have u seen d current status of colors tv in bizasia article? It's going downhill & I'm just so glad πŸ˜†
It's really important to hit these channels where it actually hurt. Although our show ended abruptly but I am glad that all that tweeting, trending & voting has actually made concerned people in d industry to sit up & take notice. It also kind of gives actors courage to put up their opinions more firmly. Atleast, it started a discussion on d relevance of TRP as a measure of popularity. Bepannaah defied all norms when d show, actors & director are getting awarded after d show pulled off air citing low trp. Karma surely is ...

I read the entire article hats off to shakti another actor has the guts to call a spade a spade. I'm not his fan at all but appreciate his honesty. See criticism of indian TV has been there for a long time now. But still channels and producers are choosing to ignore everything. India is such a diverse country with different cultures and religions yet all the tv industry is obsessed with are naagins, witches and saas bahu drama πŸ€” most shows portray a perverted and twisted form of the culture and it's people.
Very true Mish and the shitfest needs to end right now. I enjoyed supernatural and horror as a genre and I prefer the episodics over series. At least we didn have an overdose of this. Colors has three shows, SP has 2 and one more in the making, &TV has one n another one lined up and zee has one. Tired of it.
Originally posted by Kiruravi

Wow shakthi's IV is so good
πŸ‘πŸ‘. His words are very true honest and directly said ITV's condition. Sitara replaced BP and it is doing poor , tantra replaced ss and it is getting 0.4.

Both silsila and BP were giving them decent trps at an improper timeslot while the new supernatural shows even in correct timeslot couldnt give them good numbers.

This shows tht supernatural genre will not do well just because it is supernatural..it should have logic uniqness then oly it can click. Naagin is another show which has the same old wine in new bottle..it is the same story in all 3 seasons and doesnt have a pinch of logic in it. Colors has become national geographic channel.

The era of supernatural shows will soon end. Ppl wont watch the same crap again and again in the name of supernatural genre. All these supernatural shows are nothing but comedy shows. And iam very glad that the actors who are part of the same industry acknowledges the current state of ITV.

Kiru even the first season of Naagin wasn't original yaar. It's a copy of a show that came on zee with Sayantani Ghosh and Sachin Shroff as leads. Only difference was addition of other supernatural animals n Sesha. S2 was a ditto repeat of S1 with same set of villains and S3 has no logic whatsoever. The dumbest I have seen so far. And this crap is the TRP topper which makes me wonder if the majority of he audience have pea brains? And the lesser about the other ones better. And the funny part is people argue that logic doesn't apply to supernatural n u should enjoy it as is πŸ˜† when was logic restricted to only reality? And because of this crapfest good content doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Well said!! πŸ‘
Bepannaah was giving decent trps even at 10.50 while look at rashmi's sitara πŸ€£... Berangu has turned into a zoo in which  you can find different kind of animals xD
I kinda agree with shakti's statement on shows like naagin or tantra πŸ˜ƒ
Kekta is selling crap on the name of supernatural stuff whether it is naagin or qayamat ki raat or that new show on &tv and shocking thing is itv trp audience likes to watch this *facepalm* and people have an audacity ti compare their so called supernatural show to GoT. I remember once there was one fan who conpared her no.1 trp show to dc hero i guess it was either batsman or superman.. Well i can understand why they like to watch illogcial no. 1 trp show because who compares her show with dc heroes or GoT then how can i expect they have mind. 
Then there is another supernatural genre show which was competing with our show when it started to telecast at 10.50 and man it is full fledged comedy show and itv trp audience call it supernatural stuffπŸ€ͺ
Well Well Well!! I think now the craze of making supernatural show should stop otherwise there will be no show left in future to watch for normal human being like us. 
I am not a fan of Shakti or his character in Silsila but I actually get this man's disappointment as an actor who signed for a promising complex character & tried to do justice to what he was given even when a part of him couldn't comprehend it. And as an actor, this man has gained my respect. (He brilliantly did parts of Silsila & he happens to be a good actor as well, someone who can get to skin of his character quite effortlessly & portray different shades with ease, he made me hate & love Kunal at times & that speaks of his acting calibre).

He gave an interview earlier as well just after DD's exit & leap of Silsila & he had the exact same thing to say about how supernatural shows like that on ITV don't appeal to him because of story.

It's good, many & many people from the industry are voicing their opinion out loud about the herd mentality on TV & how the kind of content these channels are serving at this juncture will take a set of audience away from TV forever & force them to switch to Web which doesn't insult their intelligence to this extent & how they don't let a story even breath properly before they come up with their stupid ideas to gain TRP or axe the show.

What Harshad said in ITA interview was still not as raw, this guy went as raw & naked as he could to bring all these opinions up & this speaks of his frustration as an actor & as a viewer who wants to see ITV industry grow & be respected for its content as it was in 90s. He even went ahead to point at programming team & management team of colors by citing timing changes & Tantra's TRP.

And good job pointing out the crappy decision making team of Colors who has been bull shitting around for some 3 months now. They have pissed off a lot of directors & producers in the recent past with the minute interference they do to brilliant scripts & ruin the show for the sake of their TRPs.

Silsila suffered exactly what BP suffered, interference in the script from channel's side. Channel's brilliant interference ended up ruining up what could be a great story on ITV as per the initial promos as showed in Pakistani shows. It's hard to believe that same Gajra wrote BV & Astitva (back in 2002) which had brilliant characters & wrote Silsila which shows characters in such distaste. The discontinuation & sudden arcs of characters can be clearly seen in the show & the woman is not known for that.

I hope Colors tanks with the kind of work ethics they have.
Hats off to Shakti for coming out strongly against the current trp system and focus on supernatural shows. India is a land with rich cultural heritage. We have enough beautiful stories that highlight our culture our heritage. Even in supernatural genre we have good stories. But what is currently dished out is promotion of superstitions in name of supernatural genre. It shows a skewed picture of our society. Sitara and Tantra were expected to break into top 10. For that two shows silsila and BP which had story was axed. What is the end result. Tantra and Sitara have tanked. Colors UK share has tanked. Even the trp topper naagin couldn't save colors internationally while BP was giving it 0.03 to 0.04 during its run time. What is the digital presence of colors. It has reduced drastically. Now colors offers the cheap package of all channel. But with its content it can't attract sane audience with cheap package. If itv continues with this trend time not be far when sane audience will move to other source of entertainment and foreign shows. Why waste your money when content is made for 30k audience.  And that too the audience who loves to see logiclesd dramas like naagin. Once again my appreciation for Shakti to speak so openly.  Change has to happen from within and hope it starts dialogue within the industry for change.
Shakti arora gained my respect for thiz one...tis era of snakes and vultures and rats and mouse should finally come to an end...an actor ws brave enough to come forward and scream the sad state of indian television in open...content based shows lik bp could never run its course bcz channel was obessessed with poison lady who thy expected to bring sam trp as their snake lady...but we all knw the sad state of tht shw...only ekta can get a snake lady married and engaged multiple times and get away with it...but this trend needs to stop...bp proved popularity of a show has got nothing to do with trp...content of the show should be givn mre importance orelse ppl will shift to internet and web series...today itv is nothing but a zoo with a mix of weird creatures who are half humans...and content of such shows are nothing but fancy dress comperition by different characters combined with nauseating drama...wht a pity...
Edited by shabla - 5 years ago