Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: sammy17

I can't believe the actors still think the reason why the show didn't do well was because audience can't digest EMA. How many shows on ITV have previously shown EMA and audience have watched it? Many times! Take mihir virani's infidelity against tulsi in Kyunki saas kabhi bahu thi years back. He had a fully blown affair with mandira and even had a child with mandira. Kasam se on zee tv (another ekta show) ram had an affair with bani's own sister and had a child with her. 

The problem with silsila that is the reason for audience rejecting it is that they actually condone EMA using the justification that because EMA is a common occurrence in real life, we should be more understanding and accepting of EMA and people who engage in it. Furthermore, the show in the way it portrayed EMA attempted to make EMA seem like a pure relationship against the odds of society, yet unintentionally against their own aim made the audience feel more repulsed by the EMA couple and made them seem both perverse, selfish, lusty and selfish, yet despite all this the cv's keep trying to push that kunan were not wrong and neither could they control themselves so they are justified and their relationship should be accepted. 

This is why silsila is and never would be accepted. Because it attempts to try and demonise society for rejecting EMA.

absolutely...EMA will always be considered immoral and unacceptable as long as there is marriage. As long as there is some shred of morality still left in society, EMAs will always be adultery and immoral. It was quite a foolish thing to say that viewers are not progressive enough to accept the concept of EMA...EMAs are viewed in the same negative light all over the world..be it a first world country or third world country ...πŸ˜•
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sabyata

Very well said @ bold

I will say--Shakti did full Justice to his role..Proved he is a  brilliant  actor,will love to see him in coming days with new show.
All the very best for his future

If you have not, I would recommend you to watch his previous show, Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. The first 6 months of the show are worth watching. And he's really a graceful and flexible actor that can get any kind of role just right. If you're sick watching Kunal, Ranveer would be breath of fresh air. To me, SA will always remain my favourite Telly actor.

It's like watching Robert Downy Jr. Whatever role he does, fans will remember him as Iron Man. Similarly, Shakti will always remain Ranveer.  
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think he has finally spoken about everything that went wrong with this show- especially the part of channel's interference in the story for the sake of TRP.

Silsila began nicely and went smoothly for a month to build up the plot of the story. Gajra was doing a great job to bring out the premise of all the characters. First blow to it was the rain dance & second blow was Babaji track & from there they could never recover.

Silsila was supposed to be a different show as promised in the promos. And initial episodes were doing a great job at that. But looking at current state of Colors TV for past 2-3 months & the way they treat their shows, I am damn sure channel interfered in the script for the sake of quick TRPs & writers had to give in to that pressure. Too many cooks in the script ended up ruining the show evidently.

He has clearly said that because of quick TRP, story is compromised. While many still would have not been able to take the premise of the show since it was raw as hell and many viewers still find it hard to take on complex characters (if they were actually presented that way in the show & certain shows are meant for a set of target audience only. Not all can take premise of most of Hollywood shows & each show has its target audience & if shown properly, even Silsila could have been a most watched show among a section if not all the audience). The original promos of the show gave a different picture & I am sure Gajra wrote by keeping that in mind- a story about 3 people who will find themselves entangled in a complex equation of relationships. But channel's interference led to it coming out as a one-dimensional story with a pathetic man who cheated & suddenly he become a Devta after leap. (Patiala Babes & Ladies Special too have a similar plot included in their script).

They began to show sudden development of feelings in mid-july with all the Deewana deewana music. As Shakti said, the things channels want makers to do to spice up the drama for TRP (this might work in some shows but in a show like Silsila which drives solely on content, this trick would ruin the show completely).

I am no Shakti fan but a lot of actors in recent times have come up to highlight such issues & I can't seem to ignore the patterns with such revelation. Why should channel interfere in the script in the first month or first week only. Every show is like a child that needs time to breath with the story.

The madness to launch supernatural shows on Colors has gained heights & they are truly driving audience from the TV with this madness. None of their supernatural shows are to the level. For the sake of quick ratings, they are willing to lose audience completely. The complete management of Colors is a joke at this moment.

DEM director, BP director & actors, etc have spoken on how channels interfere in the story, which lead to joke of a story. Some stories can't run on typical masala that Indian channels subscribe to.

I get Shakti's disappointment. He signed up to play a complex role & original script most likely appealed to his senses which came out to be pathetic loser with the way story was shown.

There are some characters we are not understood easily & Silsila could have been a show like that. In the show KRPKAB, none of the 3 characters were as simple. Even Ishwari made sense from her POV, Dev made sense & Sona made sense even when they were flawed & right on their premise & Ishwari was a hated character at one point along with Dev.

But all in all, the present state of ITV is not made for stories that appeal to our senses. I don't know to what section they are catering to because urban audience surely can't watch this TV & will definitely move to web-content. Present ITV is not a place for good stories as we saw in 90s decade.

But anyway, the show was ruined long back & even leap wasn't enough for them to recover from the damage & stereotypes that ITV reinforces again & again. Channel did a good job to jump to showcase a romance even when this was no normal romance in this show.

Saans & Hasratein came in the era when stories were given time to properly develop & execute themselves & not like today's time when channel want quick rating by incorporating every crappy tactics they can even if that means ruining the original plot of the story & show completely.
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

I think he has finally spoken about everything that went wrong with this show- especially the part of channel's interference in the story for the sake of TRP.

Silsila began nicely and went smoothly for a month to build up the plot of the story. Gajra was doing a great job to bring out the premise of all the characters. First blow to it was the rain dance & second blow was Babaji track & from there they could never recover.

Silsila was supposed to be a different show as promised in the promos. And initial episodes were doing a great job at that. But looking at current state of Colors TV for past 2-3 months & the way they treat their shows, I am damn sure channel interfered in the script for the sake of quick TRPs & writers had to give in to that pressure. Too many cooks in the script ended up ruining the show evidently.

He has clearly said that because of quick TRP, story is compromised. While many still would have not been able to take the premise of the show since it was raw as hell and many viewers still find it hard to take on complex characters (if they were actually presented that way in the show & certain shows are meant for a set of target audience only. Not all can take premise of most of Hollywood shows & each show has its target audience & if shown properly, even Silsila could have been a most watched show among a section if not all the audience). The original promos of the show gave a different picture & I am sure Gajra wrote by keeping that in mind- a story about 3 people who will find themselves entangled in a complex equation of relationships. But channel's interference led to it coming out as a one-dimensional story with a pathetic man who cheated & suddenly he become a Devta after leap. (Patiala Babes & Ladies Special too have a similar plot included in their script).

They began to show sudden development of feelings in mid-july with all the Deewana deewana music. As Shakti said, the things channels want makers to do to spice up the drama for TRP (this might work in some shows but in a show like Silsila which drives solely on content, this trick would ruin the show completely).

I am no Shakti fan but a lot of actors in recent times have come up to highlight such issues & I can't seem to ignore the patterns with such revelation. Why should channel interfere in the script in the first month or first week only. Every show is like a child that needs time to breath with the story.

The madness to launch supernatural shows on Colors has gained heights & they are truly driving audience from the TV with this madness. None of their supernatural shows are to the level. For the sake of quick ratings, they are willing to lose audience completely. The complete management of Colors is a joke at this moment.

DEM director, BP director & actors, etc have spoken on how channels interfere in the story, which lead to joke of a story. Some stories can't run on typical masala that Indian channels subscribe to.

I get Shakti's disappointment. He signed up to play a complex role & original script most likely appealed to his senses which came out to be pathetic loser with the way story was shown.

There are some characters we are not understood easily & Silsila could have been a show like that. In the show KRPKAB, none of the 3 characters were as simple. Even Ishwari made sense from her POV, Dev made sense & Sona made sense even when they were flawed & right on their premise & Ishwari was a hated character at one point along with Dev.

But all in all, the present state of ITV is not made for stories that appeal to our senses. I don't know to what section they are catering to because urban audience surely can't watch this TV & will definitely move to web-content. Present ITV is not a place for good stories as we saw in 90s decade.

But anyway, the show was ruined long back & even leap wasn't enough for them to recover from the damage & stereotypes that ITV reinforces again & again. Channel did a good job to jump to showcase a romance even when this was no normal romance in this show.

Saans & Hasratein came in the era when stories were given time to properly develop & execute themselves & not like today's time when channel want quick rating by incorporating every crappy tactics they can even if that means ruining the original plot of the story & show completely.

A big hug to you for writing everything I wanted to. πŸ€—

No matter how simple a story is, it requires a minimum amount of time to develop the premise. But these days not just Colors but pretty much every channel interferes with the story which ultimately leads to catastrophe.

Not just Silsila but a lot of shows have been produced in recent times with lots of promotion but ultimately none of them have worked out. It's the older series which bring TRP for the show.

As you have said, not everyone can accept everything. Even in other forums also, I have noticed while certain plots get rejected by some people, while some can relate to these plots because they themselves have faced similar situation in life. And that's the fact. No show can ever be accepted by everyone.

I am still stuck with the initial promo & MauNan friendship, the type of look Nandini used to give MauNal seeing their childishness. They took 39/40 episodes to show a woman's past but made her fell for her bestie's husband within 10 episodes which didn't make any sense. πŸ˜• Plus, I don't now which God will bless such a cheater man that eery time they tried to introduce divinity. πŸ˜•

Unless channels don't stop interfering & writers don't take risks, this scenario will continue God knows for how long!!!
Edited by nushy1995 - 5 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
10 years back all shows were showing ema ..one night stands. all shows were immoral.guess mihir  had affair during memory loss.jai walia didn't have affair.his drink was spiked   n his sister in kaw took advantage of the situation.these shows didn't have ema as the main theme like silsila n in the end there too their wives accepted them back

Originally posted by: sammy17

I can't believe the actors still think the reason why the show didn't do well was because audience can't digest EMA. How many shows on ITV have previously shown EMA and audience have watched it? Many times! Take mihir virani's infidelity against tulsi in Kyunki saas kabhi bahu thi years back. He had a fully blown affair with mandira and even had a child with mandira. Kasam se on zee tv (another ekta show) ram had an affair with bani's own sister and had a child with her. 

The problem with silsila that is the reason for audience rejecting it is that they actually condone EMA using the justification that because EMA is a common occurrence in real life, we should be more understanding and accepting of EMA and people who engage in it. Furthermore, the show in the way it portrayed EMA attempted to make EMA seem like a pure relationship against the odds of society, yet unintentionally against their own aim made the audience feel more repulsed by the EMA couple and made them seem both perverse, selfish, lusty and selfish, yet despite all this the cv's keep trying to push that kunan were not wrong and neither could they control themselves so they are justified and their relationship should be accepted. 

This is why silsila is and never would be accepted. Because it attempts to try and demonise society for rejecting EMA.

shababr thumbnail
cast of this show are fabulous And totally agree with Shakti Arora's comments. this is the first full-blown show where the creators ventured unchartered taboo territory of EMA. in most other shows an out of wedlock child is shown and realities of an EMA not explored in depth. this show has a great story line. dialogues are superb and stupid unbelievable stuff does not get hammered down our throats. EMA happens and does not mean people succumbing to it are evil. a weakness in character maybe... I want to watch a good show and i like a bit of reality rather than super glossy amazingly stupid stories going around. if you watch it non judgementally it is a real treat to watch.Edited by shababr - 5 years ago
anmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OmG it is sooo aggravating to see that he is still adamant on "people not accepting a bold concept!!!! 😑
Is he a baby to not realize the shitty story n execution???
Hadh hai dhitai ki!!!!
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nushy1995

A big hug to you for writing everything I wanted to. πŸ€—

No matter how simple a story is, it requires a minimum amount of time to develop the premise. But these days not just Colors but pretty much every channel interferes with the story which ultimately leads to catastrophe.

Not just Silsila but a lot of shows have been produced in recent times with lots of promotion but ultimately none of them have worked out. It's the older series which bring TRP for the show. 

That's. ITV no longer has real stories as they show in Pakistani dramas or they used to show in 90s. Most of the shows right now are crap except for few on Sony TV like Yeh Un dino, Patiala Babes, Ladies Special. Those shows have a real feel to it where people can understand the relate to the characters. Even Bollywood is drifting more towards the section of audience where people can relate to the struggles of their characters & feel it in themselves as well.

As you have said, not everyone can accept everything. Even in other forums also, I have noticed while certain plots get rejected by some people, while some can relate to these plots because they themselves have faced similar situation in life. And that's the fact. No show can ever be accepted by everyone.

That's true. Every viewer bring different experience & sensibilities to the show & characters they watch. Not all may get to the crux of a plot. And that was the beauty about this show, that people could link the characters with the reality. This is rarity on Indian TV since shows are not made for to appeal in real sense. Same thing might be viewed differently & understood differently by a  teenage viewer, a viewer in his/her 20s or 30s or a viewer who has seen enough of life to understand certain nuances.

I am still stuck with the initial promo & MauNan friendship, the type of look Nandini used to give MauNal seeing their childishness. They took 39/40 episodes to show a woman's past but made her fell for her bestie's husband within 10 episodes which didn't make any sense. πŸ˜• Plus, I don't now which God will bless such a cheater man that eery time they tried to introduce divinity. πŸ˜•

This is the main point.
This show for some 40 episodes was trying to build a pace, to define how 3 characters are- Kunal, Mauli & Nandini.

And suddenly out of nowhere things went haywire.
Week1- Kunal falling for Nandini.
Week2- Nandini falling for Kunal.
Week3- Kunal proposing Nandini & she accepted it.
Week4- Consummation.
Week5- Revelation

The entire affair made literally no sense. And it is evident from this that channel definitely interfered in the original script to cash on the pairing of Shakti-Drashti in a normal way & failing to understand that Kunal-Nandini were no normal couple who could romance with all the divine & holy symbolisms & get away with it like other couples & not be pointed out. They forgot that Silsila wasn't a regular show with a guy & a girl coming together, developing feelings for each other & getting into relationship without any complexities. They tried to fit this couple in the mould of other regular couples with all that religious symbolism. These things were simply outrageous because Kunal-Nandini were no normal couple & while EMA as a plot of story can be shown to take the story forward but not as a plot to glorify something. Almost every character of this show was ruined because of the sudden mess & it's clear that's not how writer originally intended her story to be. Gajra is a skillful writer & she has the beauty to write flawed characters very well & make audience understand their POV as well & I can say that since I have seen her previous work.

Silsila needed 3 months to define the basic premise & show gradual & sub-conscious development of feelings & not the sudden mess because of a rain dance & babaji coming to tell Nandini something. 

Unless channels don't stop interfering & writers don't take risks, this scenario will continue God knows for how long!!!

Writers do take risks, but how many of them are given chance to even breath properly. Those who were given chance to breath have been successful like Beyhadh, KRPKAB, POW,  Yeh Un dino, etc. Before they can reach the actual plot, channels interfere to gain quick rating which lead to butchering the show. TRP system itself is flawed. Channels want to make same kind of shows & not care if different sections of society want different content & not the same kind of content. All of their shows are for only one set of target audience. There should be show of all genres for all sections. One reason why people are switching to foreign & web content is the variety they get. ITV was much better in 90s, & it seems we have just downgraded in past 20 years with same kind of shows everywhere. Earlier we used to have shows for children, youth, fantasy, supernatural, horror, family shows, comedy shows, action, suspense thriller, biopic based, detective, mythos & historic (with real history & not EK history of drama). Now we don't have that variety- everywhere it's Saas-Bahu or supernatural. It's quite surprising that EK brought KZK again (a show which ran for 8 years in last decade) & she felt to bring it up again with different actors & similar plot & that loudness in everything on screen. WHY? Have we really run out of content & good stories now that we will revamp a show that already ran more than enough.

Mine in red.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I agree with arshi . The show had potential but all was wasted. They could have developed it properly but one , kunal falling in love was very abrupt , so was nandini s love. They could never recover after that . The story derailed long ago. 
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Sachi. I dread the day  ek will revAmp  saas bhi kabhi bahu thi and kggk also πŸ€’means mature content is for the web only ?shameful.