Similarity between Akshan & BBC wale Sherlock-Watson

captainplus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Today's Akshan scene in the bedroom reminded me of Sherlock-Watson of BBC Sherlock series. So thought of making this post to share this.

These are some of traits of Sherlock that i find in Guddu :

---> he appears sometimes not to understand sarcasm, though he uses it often

---> Sherlock does not seem to understand the deep emotional impact his actions have on those who care deeply about him.

--->  Sherlock is shown to care deeply for John as the series goes on, showing uncharacteristic emotion when his friend's life is in jeopardy or when John comes to his aid.

---> Sherlock has violent mood swings when there are no cases that interest him

These are some traits of Jhon Watson that i find in AJ :-

---> He is often a foil to Sherlock in both appearance and personality

---> He is compassionate, and patient

---> John seems to behave as Sherlock's advocate, helping strangers to understand what they should expect from Sherlock as he helps Sherlock to behave in socially acceptable ways. 

---> He calmly but sternly corrects Sherlock when he is brash and tries to get him to understand "typical" human emotions, which Sherlock snidely refers to as "sentiment", to him.

---> John is very tolerant and understanding.

---> He is shown to, in general, be very protective of Sherlock and his quirks

I feel this aspect of Sherlock-Watson relation closely resembles our Akshan:-

John is extremely brave, resourceful and practical. He is extremely loyal to Sherlock, and will usually, but not always, do what Sherlock asks him to, and cares a great deal about his well-being. Sherlock likewise cares about John. He is also very selfless and modest, as he puts himself at colossal personal risks to help Sherlock Holmes and is rather sceptical about his companion's ideals. He is very sarcastic and has an erratic sense of humour.

John deals with lack of stimulation little better than Sherlock does, the difference being that when Sherlock is bored he is very vocal in his frustration; when John feels that "nothing ever happens", he withdraws into a shell and shows strong tendencies towards depression (possibly exacerbated by his post-traumatic issues). He is adept at reading people through facial expressions, whilst Sherlock relies on his surroundings, on clothing and personality displays to read people.

Source:- wikipedia & fandom.wikia

So what do you guys think ?

Edited by captainplus - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Sherlock is my all time fav series. Sherlock-John's friendship and partners in crime were one of the highlights of the series.
I have to agree to ur post here of Guddan having traces of Sherlock, and Akshat having traces of John, though at times it seems the other way round 😆
I have never thought it this way though 😆
I still remember how I saw 7 episodes of Sherlock in 2 days 😆
That show is just too close to my heart ❤️
Audrey.h. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No yaar guddan is dumb as hell she cant be compared to sherlock although aj has watson's traits..
captainplus thumbnail

Originally posted by: randomfancrics

Sherlock is my all time fav series. Sherlock-John's friendship and partners in crime were one of the highlights of the series. 

Mine too ⭐️

I have to agree to ur post here of Guddan having traces of Sherlock, and Akshat having traces of John, though at times it seems the other way round 😆 
yap when AJ looks more detached & Guddu is more expressive about emotions 😳
But in most of instances it seems this way 😆

I have never thought it this way though 😆 
Today's episode inspired me to think this way 😆

I still remember how I saw 7 episodes of Sherlock in 2 days 😆 
Didn't get the opportunity finished it yet 😔
That show is just too close to my heart ❤️
I Love the series ❤️

captainplus thumbnail

Originally posted by: Audrey.h.

No yaar guddan is dumb as hell she cant be compared to sherlock although aj has watson's traits..

I am nowhere comparing Guddu's intelligence with Sherlock's intelligence
I accept Guddu is dumb & Sherlock is one of the most intelligent frictional character in existence & these two characters are no match in terms of intelligence.

but BBC's Sherlock has some shade in his personality that resembles Guddu's like :-

----> Not understanding sarcasm well when thrown at him
----> Impulsive
----> makes mess in the house
----> Talks blunt & unintentionally offends people
----> Displays some socially unacceptable behavior 
---->  does not seem to understand the depth of emotional impact his actions has on others 
----> He needs someone to listen to him quitely when he is thinking either a skull or Watson 

& i am comparing only the traits of Sherlock that i mentioned in my post & the equation he shares with Watson not his intelligence

Edited by captainplus - 5 years ago
Great  analysis  wow 👏
captainplus thumbnail

Originally posted by: KanikaGulati

Great  analysis  wow 👏

Thank you dear 😳
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As much as I love the two of them, Sherlock is incomparable man .😆
captainplus thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

As much as I love the two of them, Sherlock is incomparable man .😆

I don't deny that 😳
But i believe a human is composed of numerous traits while some are common, some are unique & its the combination of the traits that have made Sherlock incomparable.
& i felt some of his traits seems to match with some of Guddu's but offcourse to each their own. 
I admit Sherlock as a whole character is incomparable.