Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

My first line was in context to Gods. Like we see curses and boons through many janamas of Gods and divine beings.
Same, I agree, for humans it's not fair to bear fruits of karma from your past life. Sometime ago my Mom was saying that the birth of a being depends on his past life's karmas but rest depends on what he does in this life of his.
Having that said, I am a firm believer of Karma over destiny. 

That's right, Mahi. Gods and divine beings had the knowledge of their previous births, so it's fair anyway. What your mom said is true too.
I think Karma and destiny complement each other. Karma makes destiny.
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

That makes quite some sense...but in that case, why do people go to astrologers and buy all the amulets and gemstones?

Astrology is a different science.
As per my knowledge, astrology improves the dosh we have in certain areas. Like for example, if I'm putting in my 100% but as result, I gain only 50% of the fruit. This might be due to some dosh. Astrology can correct that. It also benefits in health aspects.
This is something a guru had explained to me (I still don't completely believe in it). If you've your karma in place there's no way you can't bear the appropriate result.
Sab cheez ka lekha jhoka upar hota hai πŸ˜†

If this life is predestined to turn out in a certain, why do people not focus on karma instead of trying to improve their lives with magic?

Well, I believe somewhat in destiny, like what has to occur will occur. But I don't believe the entire life is predestined. A very large portion of what we are or what we will become depends on what we do, thats karma.
I totally don't believe jhaadoo phook and magic. But since astrology has benefited me to some minor extent, I don't completely disbelieve in it.

Also, if destiny governs all our actions (which then yield results), how does independent karma work out?

I think our actions are directly linked to our thought, manshaa. And our intentions are independent thereby making karma independent of destiny. Small example - Karna was born as kshatriyaa, yet was abandoned and later brought up as a sutaputra. That is destiny. But he again become a king, a status that was rightfully his, that was because of his karma.

I hope I make sense πŸ˜†
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

That's right, Mahi. Gods and divine beings had the knowledge of their previous births, so it's fair anyway. What your mom said is true too.
I think Karma and destiny complement each other. Karma makes destiny.

Its a continuous cycle of karma bhagya purushaarth and phal. 
It all starts with what we do now, that will reflect in the future (in our case).
I agree that they compliment each other. Combination hai dono ka which is life ;D
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Not at all, Pro! I find this question very interesting. Indeed, we need to explore more on this topic instead of just believing on any one thing. 

Destiny is predestined, that's true. But I don't think it is for us human beings. Even if is, it is predestined as to what kind of Karma we perform in the present. God/Vidhi knows the past, the present and the future, so he writes what we deserve in our destiny. According to me, we should not think about destiny on which we have no control over. We should instead think of our actions, our Karma and their consequences. Yes, consequences. Here, consequences doesn't mean fruits. Fruits are something which are beneficial/nonbeneficial, meanwhile consequences can be termed as good and bad to us or anyone else. So, without thinking about those, we should not perform any Karma. At the same time, we should not think of the fruits of the Karma. I think destiny is more applicable when the conversation is between Gods, whereas we should use Karma instead. I hope I understood your question and answered according to it, because I was a bit confused as to what was your question. I got the context that is Karma vs Destiny and wrote what I understood from these concepts. πŸ˜³

Thanks hun...yep, we should always think of the impact of anything we wish to do before attempting! And that's also interesting, the way you relate destiny to Gods and Karma to us! :D

wayward thumbnail

As for the second question, I already addressed it in my previous post.

Coming to the first, I don't believe in these atrologers and amulets. Because whatever they say, never really turned true. Not to every single person atleast. And if it works to one and not to other, I don't think it's valid at all. I also don't believe in this dosh nivaaran pujas and saying that all your sins will wash off by any materialistic puja. Tapas is different. I believe unless you surrender to God with true repentance after realising your sin, it never washes off. Karma is inevitable, except in the sharanagati case. It's beliefs which make people go to magic and I don't blame them, but they have to realise it's not working and leave it. 

True, unless we realize our faults, no one can solve them, not even God! Just like the likes of Duryodhan and Jarasandh who performed numerous auspicious yagyas but still were not spared the consequences of their actions!
wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Life itself is a big magic. Hence people try to find different ways of decoding the magic (karma). Going to Astrologers wearing Gems, is one of the way of trying to get things done when actions in normal course fails. 

If this doesnt work people go to the Biggest Magician- God. πŸ˜†
It is said, Mani, Mantra & Medicine always works. But to know intensity or required dose
one has to meet knower of those arts. We have institutes to train Docs but other 2 aspects lacks well trained people as the knowledge involved is sacred. 
Hence people are left with do your karmas without expecting results. This theory works in long run but one has to have patience & have faith in The Biggest Magician.

That's a nice way of looking at it! :D

Personally I don't believe much in astrology..at least not in the present form. But since, it's a ancient practice, advocated by many texts of ours I'm bound to give it the benefit of doubt. 😳

And true as you said, we need to have patience and wait for God's magic to take a shape!

wayward thumbnail
@Mahi: Wow! You've really got a grasp on this girl! :O

One of my relatives is an astrologer, and he's like, the most negative person I've ever met! Maybe, it was growing up around him has made me hate astrology like anything. Frankly, I don't have a problem with the field as such, but God, the people I've seen! 🀒

Anyway, you explained it really well! And Karna's example there really put the things in place! The points about destiny and karma both contributing to shaping our lives in defined aspects was really clear! πŸ˜ƒ
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
In simple words,
Karma is the result of what we do and we can change it by changing our doings/activities.I dont believe in rebirths & reincarnation in humans so i dont believe in previous life's karma affecting our present life.Regarding  we shoudnt think about fruit of our hardwork ...,i feel it means if we think about fruits/results we cant put our complete efforts & fear of failure will be always there in our mind if we think about it πŸ˜†.

Regarding Destiny,People say Destiny /Fate is not in our hands,but with strong determination we can change our destiny,i think its definition changes from person to personπŸ˜†.Vivekananda says "You are the creator of your own Destiny".Others say we cant change our destiny.I feel its tough to change our destiny but with strong determination we can change it like i mentioned aboveπŸ˜†.

Regarding Astrology,Scientists proved the science of Astrology wrong as the position of planets,son or moon  related to earth doesnt affect the individual's fate/destiny on the earth.There are many articles on this i cant post here,but i remember reading them long back & i dont believe in Astrology.
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
I really like your analysis...that we can change dewstiny with our karma, but it takes more effort than usual, which, I believe makes it all the more worthwhile! Thank you! :D
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

@Mahi: Wow! You've really got a grasp on this girl! :O

One of my relatives is an astrologer, and he's like, the most negative person I've ever met! Maybe, it was growing up around him has made me hate astrology like anything. Frankly, I don't have a problem with the field as such, but God, the people I've seen! 🀒

Anyway, you explained it really well! And Karna's example there really put the things in place! The points about destiny and karma both contributing to shaping our lives in defined aspects was really clear! πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Pro πŸ€—
Ohhh. Then I'd call it just a bad coincidence. Astrology is a certain gamble. And if utilised within a limit, might turn effective. Right now I don't believe too much in it. But I can't ignore it's fruitfulness.πŸ˜†
And when I say astrology, I don't mean palmistry. I mean the kundali related stuff, like havan, pooja and jaap of navagraha. It works :)
Previous
1 2 3
Next