Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
I just watched 1st epi. I think the lead femal will turn Negative, so I skipped the 2nd epi. but I have to say that I like the OST too. Bol dramas have some good OSTs  . my pick is Parlor Wali Ladki's OST: Bol Kafara !
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I watched both episode, and so far it is ok
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree. It is amazing and the chemistry between the actors playing Dilaara and Shuja is quite sizzling. But I suspect they will make this into a sad, maudlin cautionary tale where DilAra gets punished. But to be fair, the character of DIlAara is at least shown to mourn her lost love and her father, and she very eloquently elaborates on how horrifying it is to see a man her father's age try to make love to her and how she feels caged. It felt so honest, and made me feel for DilAara. And the playful interactions between Shuja and her also feel realistic; before her marriage and before losing her father, she was a happy-go-lucky sort of girl. So, being around Shuja who is much like her (including being into music), her former chirpy self sort of comes to the fore. It is so well done up to this point except for the fact that the makers have put in far too scenes of Shuja and Dilaara. But I know it will soon go in a direction that will make me tune out. SIgh!
JNam thumbnail
Today's episode was pretty nice: very romantic and DIlara and Shuja have great chemistry. I know there are people out there who will judge both Dilara and Suja harshly but I am fine with fiction (not real life, but fiction) where love finds its way to people for whom it is inconvenient to fall in love. The scenes between Shuja and Dilara were so effortless in this episode. I know the subsequent episodes will get all moralistic but still, I am glad for this episode. HIghly recommended. 
awida thumbnail
If Shuja is Dilaara's husband's real son it is a sin for them to fall in love. It is ok if he was an adopted son. (ok in fiction)😆
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

If Shuja is Dilaara's husband's real son it is a sin for them to fall in love. It is ok if he was an adopted son. (ok in fiction)😆

I am dreading that the makers will try to go that route. The thing about fiction for me is that it can make us go where real life, morality, etc does not permit. So, in this case, the idea of love gripping two people who are ill-suited to fall in love due to circumstances. As far as their personalities go, they are a perfect match: both love music, singing, etc. So to me, their love is a fight against circumstance, and I find myself rooting for them. 
JNam thumbnail
I know this show is not getting much traction but I wanted to do my bit to spread the word about it. It surprizes me each time to notice the complex and ambiguous manner in which Dilara and Shuja are depicted. Throughout last week's and this week's episodes, I noticed the very obvious, crackling chemistry between the two, and yet, it was never entirely clear what they felt towards each other. Shuja seemed more obvious in last week's episode: he found himself drawn to Dilara and he clearly didn't like the way she teased him about being his mother. He was shown fighting this feeling in last week's episode. In today' episode, there were moments when he seemed unaffected by Dilara's presence, but the scene where she is signing late at night, and he sits a floor below, smoking in a frenzied manner and listening to her, suggested he was torn. HIs lady love Saman was introduced in today's episode, and as expected, there was no sparkle between them. Dilara's feelings were harder to gauge but I am starting to feel convinced that she is more than attracted to Shuja and is therefore, unhappy about his relationship with Saman. She is shown to use sarcasm as a way of hiding her true emotions and hurt, not unlike Khanam. THe video teasers suggest that KHanam will develop a more compassionate bond with Dilara in the later episodes. 
Watching Shuja and Dilara together made me think of a dialogue from a more popular series "Shehr-e-Zaat": "Dil ajeeb shay hai. Ajeeb khwahishen karta hai". (The heart is a strange beast; it wants what is unattainable). I think that summarizes the crux of this story very well: the heart is an untameable beast that refuses to toe the line drawn by our communal values. My heart went out to Dilara, esp due to the melodramatic mannerisms of her mother and the moralistic manner of her inexperienced sister. It is, I think,very easy to judge others from afar. It is far harder to understand what it must feel like to experience that surge of emotion, that compelling force that draws one to another person. I found Dilara truly lonely, and I could completely understand why a woman in that position would be drawn so intensely to the promise of friendship from Shuja, and how easily that friendship could develop into something deeper, and more agonizing. Highly recommended for those who can enjoy fiction that does not mirror their moral and communal values. The actors playing Shuja and DIlara are amazing and very well matched together. The rest of the cast is adequate as well and I love use of music to add to the emotional texture of the scenes between Shuja and Dilara.  
Edited by JNam - 5 years ago
JNam thumbnail
I felt Kinza (the actress playing Dilara) reminded me of Naveen Wawar and her chemistry with Usman Butt reminded me of Emad Irffani and Naven in Kuch Na Kaho. Sure enough, another person noticed Naveen and Kinza's similarities. Here is a review of an earlier episode of the show: https://reviewit.pk/dil-aara-episode-2-story-review-money-cannot-buy-happiness/ 
awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

I felt Kinza (the actress playing Dilara) reminded me of Naveen Wawar and her chemistry with Usman Butt reminded me of Emad Irffani and Naven in Kuch Na Kaho. Sure enough, another person noticed Naveen and Kinza's similarities. Here is a review of an earlier episode of the show: https://reviewit.pk/dil-aara-episode-2-story-review-money-cannot-buy-happiness/ 

I like your passion about this drama. I tried to watch another epi of it. Usman is hot and handsome. but the darkness of the story, and Kinza Razzaq didn't click with me. 
I can't see any similarity between Kinza and Naveen. I just saw Kinza in Shayyed. and she was just ok.😊