Ishqbaaaz lost the plot with the redux : Mahesh Thakur

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Author:

Veteran actor Mahesh Thakur whose important character Tej Singh in the much talked about Star Plus show Ishqbaaaz was dropped suddenly early last month takes things that come his way in his stride. "Out here everything boils down to ratings and despite Tej Singh not being there, if the numbers have not dropped, maybe the channel is doing something right.

"Having said this, it was sad to be kept in the dark. At first I was told that I will be brought back to which I had a straight question, of how can the story run without one of main male pillars. Later seeing nothing happening, I called up to enquire and was informed of the leap and my exit. Telling me something and doing something else was also not done.

"Also the new decision to even ease out Anika (Surbhi Chandna) is a big thing, for our 4 Lions show has always been premised on Shivaay and Anika's love story, he adds.

Here Mahesh makes a frank admission. "When Ishqbaaaz first started, it had a strong story but we lost the plot with the redux. So now looking ahead they will have to craft a brand new story. Let me clarify, I am not saying this for I am no longer part of the show. It is my firm belief that rather than taking a risk with newer plots and characters , would it not have been better to just change the actors if freshness was needed?

"A lot more could have been done with the existing characters who have found space in viewers' hearts. But here if you are taking them out one by one, you better have something strong enough for the smart fans to come back to, who might not fall for the tried and tested formula any more. As a team player I feel that whatever decision is taken should be in the overall welfare of the show, he categorically states.

"And last but not the least, we need to work long term on plots and not just be concerned about the next two or three week ratings, he chides.

Wish you luck for your next, Mahesh!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well said 👏.Finally there is someone who have guts to admit the truth that where the CVs had gone wrong without blindly supporting them whatever they do😆.Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
Freebird_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Redux was definitely a chindi concept no doubt 😆
yvon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
lot more could have been done with the existing characters who have found space in viewers' hearts. But here if you are taking them out one by one, you better have something strong enough for the smart fans to come back to, who might not fall for the tried and tested formula any more. As a team player I feel that whatever decision is taken should be in the overall welfare of the show, he categorically states.

Agree with whatever he said. And all of us have discussed it or thought it. Ishqbaaz still had some life left in the RU. If they had focused on the other characters and not relying too much on the Shivika characters. We wouldn't have been in this situation.

Hope they come up with a brand new storyline.
Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yvon

lot more could have been done with the existing characters who have found space in viewers' hearts. But here if you are taking them out one by one, you better have something strong enough for the smart fans to come back to, who might not fall for the tried and tested formula any more. As a team player I feel that whatever decision is taken should be in the overall welfare of the show, he categorically states.

Agree with whatever he said. And all of us have discussed it or thought it. Ishqbaaz still had some life left in the RU. If they had focused on the other characters and not relying too much on the Shivika characters. We wouldn't have been in this situation. 

Hope they come up with a brand new storyline.

@bold
Are we watching the same show? 😆Lol whenever merger started with 1 hr episodes,the groupbaazi started with girls g ang and boys gang and the focus was never on Shivika since then.And also Last 3 months of RU filled with social msgs and there the actual downfall of show started.Even for Shivika there was nothing progression happened since then,they were stagnant through out the last 3 months of RU,they had still lot of potential for Shivika too which they never explored.Idk how easily people put the blame on Shivika for whatever happening right now when everyone was there in the form of groupbaazi😕😆.
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
yvon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ...Nihara...

@bold
Are we watching the same show?😆Lol whenever merger started with 1 hr episodes,the groupbaazi started with girls g ang and boys gang and the focus was never on Shivika since then.And also Last 3 months of RU filled with social msgs and there the actual downfall of show started.Even for Shivika there was nothing progression happened since then,they were stagnant through out the last 3 months,they had still lot of potential for Shivika too which they never explored.Idk how easily people put the blame on Shivika for whatever happening right nowwhen everyone was there in the form of groupbaazi😕😆.

Yes Madam!
😆

We are watching the same show. I wasn't impressed with the group tracks. I was referring to the individual tracks.
Oms story
Priyanka and oms accident story. The producers forgot about that
Oms and Gauris story. I liked whatever we got of them
Rudy- from spoilt brat to a man
They should have focused more on Rudy's and Bhavya story.
They did have a story on the younger man/Older woman scenes but no they had focus on them playing detective s and that too fizzled out.

Why am I crying over spilt milk 😭 😆
krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: amrutha131

Author:

Veteran actor Mahesh Thakur whose important character Tej Singh in the much talked about Star Plus show Ishqbaaaz was dropped suddenly early last month takes things that come his way in his stride. "Out here everything boils down to ratings and despite Tej Singh not being there, if the numbers have not dropped, maybe the channel is doing something right.

"Having said this, it was sad to be kept in the dark. At first I was told that I will be brought back to which I had a straight question, of how can the story run without one of main male pillars. Later seeing nothing happening, I called up to enquire and was informed of the leap and my exit. Telling me something and doing something else was also not done.

"Also the new decision to even ease out Anika (Surbhi Chandna) is a big thing, for our 4 Lions show has always been premised on Shivaay and Anika's love story, he adds.

Here Mahesh makes a frank admission. "When Ishqbaaaz first started, it had a strong story but we lost the plot with the redux. So now looking ahead they will have to craft a brand new story. Let me clarify, I am not saying this for I am no longer part of the show. It is my firm belief that rather than taking a risk with newer plots and characters , would it not have been better to just change the actors if freshness was needed?

"A lot more could have been done with the existing characters who have found space in viewers' hearts. But here if you are taking them out one by one, you better have something strong enough for the smart fans to come back to, who might not fall for the tried and tested formula any more. As a team player I feel that whatever decision is taken should be in the overall welfare of the show, he categorically states.

"And last but not the least, we need to work long term on plots and not just be concerned about the next two or three week ratings, he chides.

Wish you luck for your next, Mahesh!!

@bold

Very true. 
       This show had started to meet the downfall when the eligible actors were sidelined. This show would have been gotten so many new viewers   if the DBO leads were given the importance equally  after merging . According  to the online survey, 91 percentage of people liked the show DBO. And it got 6.9 out of 10 in internet movie data base (IMDb) .DBO  had beat it's parent show already . IB was liked by 90 percentage of people and it got 5.8 out of 10. 

PS. I know this reply will be reported and may be edited or deleted.  But the actor's opinion can't be deleted. I appreciate his open talk.

Edited by krithi1990 - 5 years ago
kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ...Nihara...

@bold
Are we watching the same show? 😆Lol whenever merger started with 1 hr episodes,the groupbaazi started with girls g ang and boys gang and the focus was never on Shivika since then.And also Last 3 months of RU filled with social msgs and there the actual downfall of show started.Even for Shivika there was nothing progression happened since then,they were stagnant through out the last 3 months of RU,they had still lot of potential for Shivika too which they never explored.Idk how easily people put the blame on Shivika for whatever happening right now when everyone was there in the form of groupbaazi😕😆.

Can U just watch last yrs episodes and analyse whose track was repeatedly played.
Priyanka was forgotten.
Gauri was there only for 1 mt in 1 hr episode.
Rikaras MU was cleared in a jiffy.
Shivika luv story was going in circles.

KALVIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Likiya007

@Krithi ji while in imbd dbo has 124  votes ib has 1983 votes.i hope u know basic maths to know that 1983>124.same goes with Google user's

@Yvon isn't it writers fault if they failed to explore other character & were capable just of groupbaaazi sceness.
Shivika is a brand bigger than ishqbaaaz tbh.it isn't even a typical trp show which caters only them.most of the trps come from fans who endure it even on TV just for sake of shivika however lame be the script.so how can ppl expect something out of world script even if leap happens when the creatives & writers r same.
@kala 16 from what i remember merger happened & shivika lost path to accommodate the dbo imported leads & ss to them.its sheer incapability of writer if she thinks multiple leads means all standing in a line parroting dialogues.if u lost rikara we r on verge on loosing shivika just cos of fall in ratings which happens when ever groupbaaazi is served & an egoistic producer 

👏   👏    👏
kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Likiya007

@Krithi ji while in imbd dbo has 124  votes ib has 1983 votes.i hope u know basic maths to know that 1983>124.same goes with Google user's

@Yvon isn't it writers fault if they failed to explore other character & were capable just of groupbaaazi sceness.
Shivika is a brand bigger than ishqbaaaz tbh.it isn't even a typical trp show which caters only them.most of the trps come from fans who endure it even on TV just for sake of shivika however lame be the script.so how can ppl expect something out of world script even if leap happens when the creatives & writers r same.
@kala 16 from what i remember merger happened & shivika lost path to accommodate the dbo imported leads & ss to them.its sheer incapability of writer if she thinks multiple leads means all standing in a line parroting dialogues.if u lost rikara we r on verge on loosing shivika just cos of fall in ratings which happens when ever groupbaaazi is served & an egoistic producer 

Let's play blame game and all our favs will be chilling out on a vacation but tu tu tu mein mein will be never ending.
U guys should hv trended changethewriter instead of the current trend.
All the fans would hv joined the trend.