||The Happily Ever After|| ArHi SS! Chapter10 pg30 (05/02/2020)

whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

After a short period of hibernation, I am back with another fiction. With my favorite couple ArHi, this is a kind of continuation of my previous SS 'Away From You', from its last chapter and before its epilogue. πŸ˜Š

Note-: The SS is not going to have any major drama or suspense, because I want to make it simple and light-hearted. Hope you all enjoy reading this. πŸ˜³

-Aashi

INDEX-

Chapter-One pg1

Chapter-Two pg7

Chapter-Three pg14

Chapter-Four pg16

Chapter-Five pg19

Chapter-Six pg22

Chapter-Seven pg25

Chapter-Eight pg26

Chapter-Nine pg28

Chapter-Ten pg30

Edited by whiterose29 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

CHAPTER - ONE

"Arre, where is this bacha party coming from?"

"Arnav chachu took us for an ice-cream treat!"

Ankush replied to his aunt with a huge smile as he left Arnav's hand to run inside and tell the same thing to his parents. Sargun, standing on other side, unwillingly left her uncle and rushed to Anjali, wrapping her little hands around her legs and hugging her as tight as she could. Arnav couldn't help but simply let out a subtle smile, wondering how these kids were so endearing!

"Come, I'll get your dress changed..."

Grabbing the little girl gently in her arms, Anjali moved inside with Arnav and locked the door behind. He smiled wider on hearing the way Sargun went on describing about the ice-cream treat given by him and also said that he promised to take her to the newly released animated movie on coming weekend. Anjali gazed at her brother with narrow eyes and smiled contently, realizing how far he had come from once being a man who couldn't stand kids at all!

And seeing the cuteness of two little kids in his own house, Arnav wondered why did he even dislike children earlier?!

"Di, where's Khushi?"

"You'll find her making kheer for you in the kitchen!"

Anjali replied to her eager brother with a mischievous grin before going upstairs with Sargun. Arnav pressed his lips together on learning the hidden meaning behind her words; ever since things came back to normal state between the two, Khushi celebrated each day like a festival... And her most favorite part of festivals has always been food'! As much as she loved eating, she enjoyed cooking, especially for her beloved husband!

So there she was in the kitchen, as Anjali said. Kheer was almost ready, with only the serving being done neatly in a small bowl and a glass of water beside it. Khushi happily turned around to move out with the tray in her hand when she stepped back, a little startled on seeing her husband standing right at the door.

"I didn't realize... You were here..." Khushi looked at him still in surprise.

"How would you? You were too busy in checking whether this kheer is perfect or not!" Arnav said, moving forward to leave a velvety kiss on her cheeks, which turned red a second later.

"Arnavji please... The kids might come in here..."

"They won't. One is busy telling ice-cream tales to her mother and other one must be eating up NK's head with his maths homework now."

Khushi laughed out heartily on hearing that reply from Arnav. Ankush Raizada was definitely something; the little head of his was enough to annoy the crap out of Nandkishore, who was ready to fly back to Sydney anytime due to the little boy's excess intellect!

"Come with me."

Khushi looked at him with widened eyes as he lovingly held her hand and grabbed her from the kitchen, making way towards upstairs. Playing with Lakshmi in her lap while in the living room, Devyani was about to call Khushi but on seeing the couple together, she stopped and looked at the two thoughtfully. At times it really bewildered the old lady as to how her grandson and daughter-in-law had been suffering in the past five years and no one in the family except Payal knew about it. Yes, there were times when she often got intuitions like something was wrong, but she too never gave it a serious thought, and that was obviously a blunder on her part. Like Anjali, somewhere Devyani too blamed herself for spoiling those precious years in Arnav and Khushi's married life...

But now, seeing them happy together was all she wanted. That is the reason why she never deliberately interrupted between them and in fact asked Khushi to be around Arnav instead of doing household chores, for which there were enough servants.

"Feed me."

Khushi looked at him with a tinge of blush on hearing that demand from her husband, who impatiently waited to taste the dish. He wasn't too much into food, but whenever she cooked something and that too especially for him, he loved it. And why wouldn't he? Every husband loves that after all! And for Arnav it was always important; he always showed that he doesn't need any special attention, but he definitely got furious whenever his wife didn't give him the much demanded consideration & care!

Not able to deny that sweet demand, Khushi took some kheer in the spoon and fed it to him.

"It's tasty."

Her face beamed in extreme delight on receiving the compliment from Arnav, who chuckled on seeing the childish innocence still alive in the woman. Oh how much he loved seeing his wife smiling full of love!

Khushi gladly went on stuffing his mouth with kheer till the bowl was empty. She had nearly transformed herself into a master-chef ever since Arnav told her how much he had missed her handmade food while he was in London with Anjali. And here was his wife, who equally missed doing chores for him and being around him, sometimes caring for him and sometimes annoying him with her continuous blabbering!

"Khushi listen...I appreciate your cooking skills..." Arnav stated, continuing in a serious tone that confused her for a while, "But... You seem to be tiring yourself too much. I don't want you to spend all your day in the kitchen..."

"But I'm not tiring myself at all! See, do I look tired to you?" Khushi tried intervening, flashing her huge smile to him. "And it's not like I'm working all day like those typical daughter-in-laws they show in TV soaps.."

"Oh yes, I can very well see that!"

Arnav commented in a sarcastic tone, and then made her count all the chores she does everyday, whether on routine basis or weekly basis. And on top of that she was even ready to help him and Akash in AR, like she did during Arnav's absence in past years. It was as if it became her hobby, which she developed in those years just to keep her loneliness at bay.

However, as much as proud he felt about having a hard-working, sincere and understanding wife, Arnav didn't like the fact that most of the times she indulged herself in too much work that she often forgot about taking her own care! Innocence written all over her face, Khushi looked at him helplessly, as he gazed her in disbelief.

"I know Khushi why you're doing this... And... It hurts me somewhere..."

"What's wrong Arnavji? Why are you saying that?"

Khushi looked at him with questioning eyes, purely concerned about the sudden change in his tone. A few seconds ago he was completely fine, but there was a trace of guilt in his voice as he found it difficult to even look at her. Of course it had been months since they were trying to erase those miserable five years from their married life, but only if it was that easy for Arnav.

But then, even before Arnav could speak anything further, it was like Khushi read his mind and understood what was going on in his head. Keeping aside the bowl, she gently took his hands in hers and asked him to look at her. Arnav obeyed to her at once, and wished to pull her in a tight hug on witnessing the ample of love those magical pair of eyes had for him. Wasn't she even a bit upset with him for the lost times?

"It upsets me how you break your promises so easily... Remember, it was decided that we won't talk about the past again?"

"I... very well remember that. But... I just don't think it's easy for me to do so..."

"Arnavji, you're feeling sorry for something which cannot be changed, no matter how guilty you feel or even I feel for that matter." Khushi said in a firm tone, "It was not just your mistake... I was at fault too. And now when we both are trying to make up for those years, why should we ruin our efforts by feeling remorseful every time?"

Once again this woman surprised him by her wisdom. Just when he thought he couldn't have a better soul-mate, a better life-partner, here was Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, winning him each day by her maturity and sensibility... Making him fall more in love with her by her innocence and weirdness!

"Our love is much above all these petty issues. I don't want you to spoil my efforts... If you truly love me, then you have to support me for making our married life beautiful. Will you do as I say?"

"Of course jaan... Is that even something to ask?"

"I want you to make me feel loved, I want you to cherish me every single day, every single moment... Like you would have done in those years. And I want to do the same for you. Let's just not remember the things that make us sad..."

Khushi requested in her ever so sweet tone as her eyes twinkled with each word she said. It was rather her demand, a thoughtful demand that made him smile and cup her face tenderly to leave a lingering kiss on her forehead. She right away perceived the kiss to be an assurance from her husband that he would willingly obey to the promise they made once again, and it indeed was so.

"I love you so much, Khushi."

Arnav whispered affectionately, pushing away a strand of hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear, as she reciprocated back to his words with equal adoration and rested her head on his shoulder.

Akash entered in the cabin after a little knock on the door, which was already open as Arnav was busy on his phone. Seeing frustration clearly written over his face, he quietly grabbed a chair in front of him and didn't wish to interrupt in between, although he was very keen to know what was making him furious.

"No Lisa, when I already said you not to schedule any meeting for this Saturday then what made you go against me?"

"I'm sorry Sir, I'll just..."

"Enough of your sorry's. I'll find some way."

Grunting his teeth, Arnav abruptly disconnected the call and banged the receiver back in its place, pressing his fingers firmly against his forehead. Akash sighed, as he finally understood the matter and wondered why Lisa was getting so laid back in her work. Thanks to Khushi, whose presence in AR made almost every employee forget about what a mighty boss they had! Boss wasn't easygoing, but wife surely was... And this definitely brought some not-so-good changes in the atmosphere of AR. Each employee seemed to be once again learning how to adjust with the strict boss!

"Relax Bhai! If you say then I can attend the meeting on your behalf..."

"Oh no no, you don't need to..."

"Bhai, it's okay. I understand..." Akash interrupted in a composed tone, "You should be giving more time to Khushi Bhabhi instead of venting out your frustration on the employees here."

"So you think I'm crazy that I simply keep on screaming at everyone?" Arnav looked at him in sheer amusement, though he very well knew what actually he meant to say.

"Oh come on, even you know I don't mean it that way." Akash defended himself quickly, earning a slight smile from his brother, "I guess you have some plans with Bhabhi this weekend..."

"N-not exactly any plan to be clear... Just... I want to give her some time."

Arnav was still not being at his best to express himself, to show his feelings and that too in front of his own brother. He found it somewhat awkward to share these things with Akash, though there was nothing wrong in it, seeing the fact that both brothers shared a good understanding and they were also very supportive of each other in times of need.

Even though Arnav didn't speak anything further, it was clear enough for his brother to understand his state of mind, and he was obviously right. All he wants is to just give quality time to his wife, who was away from him for a long time. And now when she is with him, in front of him, how is it even possible for Arnav to leave his beautiful woman at home and concentrate on work?

"You don't worry Bhai, I'll handle the meeting." Akash said after a short pause, then going further to defend Lisa, "Actually this is kinda because of Khushi Bhabhi's attitude... She never used to scold back Lisa even if she fixed meetings on Sundays!"

"What the f... Really?" Arnav looked up at him in utter disbelief. Was Khushi really crazier than he thought her to be?

"Well, why would I lie? In fact I often tried to intervene... I even offered to attend the meeting with her but she would simply ask me to relax at home. And then she herself got tired over here day & night."

Akash spoke these words merely to let his brother know what a gem he has in the name of wife, as he himself was a proud brother-in-law. She seemed to be crazy to almost everyone, but behind the crazy mask there was a married woman with full of responsibilities. But he didn't know that his words were fostering guilt within Arnav, who couldn't help but just wonder in awe how his wife managed every little thing so maturely in his absence when all he could do was simply punish her for one so-called wrong decision?

"So it's decided. I'll attend the meeting this Saturday... Payal is anyway going to spend the weekend at Buaji's place with Ankush, so they won't be able to complain!"

Arnav snapped out of his own chain of thoughts and let out a little smile on hearing the last comment of his brother. After all he was also a married man, actually a family man to be precise. He too was expected to give time to his wife & child, though they weren't too complaining as other men's wives and kids!

Edited by whiterose29 - 5 years ago
Janu75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Is Arnav going to sulk with guilt or he will try to come above it and make up for all the years..
Nice to read your work..
hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the continuation...
Its high time they makeup for the lost years...infact both of them need to make amends... Its time to start thinking of themselves now
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
First welcome back
no point in drowning in guilt arshi need  to make up with quality time with each other
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey good to see you back.. First will read Away from you again and than will start this one.. Also will you continue any of your old stories like Ishq Bulaava.. will be waiting.. Best wishes and Happy writing The Happily Ever After!
Thanks for pm πŸ˜Š
arshi_sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Very nice update. Thanks for the pm 
Savera84 thumbnail
Welcome back.  I just read Away from you and loved it.
Enjoyed reading the first chapter.  Looking forward to read light romantic moments with a sprinkle of guilt and redemption between Arnav and Khushi.
Cheers...
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Read Away from you and now this one.. just want Arnav to move on life without any guilt and enjoy life with his dear Khushi.. loved the superb start.. 

Thanks for pm πŸ˜Š
Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Love the startπŸ‘
Eager for the next partπŸ˜ƒ