CID

CID going off air - Article link in Topic

Ayeshaa92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Saw some trending going on ! on twitter! 
But from where did all get the news of CID going off air? Who said? Any idea y'all?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khunav thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah it seems that some Rinku sir has posted on Instagram about it : https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKRjNtgHN7/
But I have absolutely no idea how far this can be trusted. There doesn't seem to be any official communication about this from the channel (though I don't expect Sony to do it at all) or from any of the cast or crew of Cid. 

Some are even saying that the next weekend is going to the last weekend for Cid. Sincerely hope this is not true though...
Ayeshaa92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khunav

Yeah it seems that some Rinku sir has posted on Instagram about it : https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKRjNtgHN7/

But I have absolutely no idea how far this can be trusted. There doesn't seem to be any official communication about this from the channel (though I don't expect Sony to do it at all) or from any of the cast or crew of Cid. 

Some are even saying that the next weekend is going to the last weekend for Cid. Sincerely hope this is not true though...

Exactly! There is no article from media houses or anything! In these cases articlrs come first! And no news from any team member or actor! I still can't believe it's true!
Minionite thumbnail
I don't think you'll get any articles either. I feel like something I said a while back has come true. See below for the quote. If CID is going off air next week, then I'm glad. Now let me explain why. I'm glad because CID has run for 21 years. It has had some brilliant years and some not-so-brilliant years. The fact that there are so many actors who have stuck to the show for 21 years is like outstanding.

But I'm glad because Sony TV has mistreated CID and its fans for a few years now and I don't like that. I don't like being treated like some second or third class citizen. We're all equal and we should be treated equally. So yes I'm glad that CID is finally going off air and based on the IG it looks like on the PH's own terms, not Sony TV's terms. I'm glad that FW has finally decided to pull the plug rather than be mistreated like that. And I'm glad that fans found out before any media portal found out because it puts the fans one step ahead of the media portals and shows that they are more important.

Originally posted by: Metis

You know a few years ago I would take offence to that, but honestly let them do that. And I have a few reasons for it:
  1. If the PH is informed, they'll try to give CID a proper closure. Given the recent history, there is about a 75% chance that they'll fail and do something that'll make the finale a laughingstock. I would rather it just quietly disappears, then that ever happening.
  2. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing possible. When avid fans find out that CID is going to end on xyz date, there will be petitions, rants, messages to the PH, messages to the actors, messages to the channel, and so on and so forth. I would rather that fans of CID be known as those who let CID go quietly and with it just being taken off air one day, there will be less of this, as I see it, than if there was an actual end date.
  3. Sony has not been kind to CID. The PH shoots an episode expecting it to go on air next weekend and Sony just decides not to air it. I don't want a situation where the PH shoots the finale and Sony never airs it. In fact Sony hasn't been kind to a lot of shows, but CID is in a category of its own.
  4. Finally, what can a finale really be after 21 long years? And would it really be enough? Like would you or I be sufficiently happy to say bye to CID? I doubt it. I still lament that the CSI finale was crap and yet that PH probably thought it was giving us a brilliant ending. The CSI NY finale was better, but even then I still am not happy because it wasn't up to what I wanted, which in reality even I don't know. My point is, even if the PH got their act together and shot a stellar episode, even if the channel aired it, even if fans just agreed to let CID go quietly, would we be happy? Isn't the whole point of a finale to wrap up everything so that fans feel happy letting the show go?

Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
angelbetu thumbnail
its the call of sony tv wo band kr rhe hn cid agar ye FW ki call hoti to hum kabi itna protest nhi krte...but sonytv has played cheap..please support us in this mission...according to sources shooting is already stopped from past 10 days
angelbetu thumbnail
http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/television-s-longest-running-show-cid-bid-goodbye-after-entertaining-viewers-21-years
Hv a look Daya sir ne confirm ki h news..plz support kriye...plz CIDIANS..abi chup baithne k lie time nhi h bus six days hn...ek din me ye article aa gya h after our protest on insta nd twitter...hum #CID ko bcha skte hn...plz support kriye..
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^^ per that article, last episode on 27 October.  ðŸ˜­ Injustice by channel.  Making way for their spoilt brat Kapil Sharma!!! Repeat his show episodes for 6-8 hours at the weekends. 
Hope his show goes off air mid-way like last time.

CID is the only show my whole family watch without fail. If going out, then record and watch on return.  
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Last epoepis showed Jimmy dead and that external ma'am monitoring CID
I think she would finally devide to discontinue CID. 

An end of an era. So 27th is the last episode. It might be shown at any random XYZ time ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜¡
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Last epoepis showed Jimmy dead and that external ma'am monitoring CID

I think she would finally devide to discontinue CID. 

An end of an era. So 27th is the last episode. It might be shown at any random XYZ time ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜¡

Naa I would rather they just show CID taking out eye gang and continuing to fight crime. The end.
Cidfan68 thumbnail
Have you even watched the episode. The girl sacrifices her life and dies