Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sandhya Mridul, HSSH Crew Member Accuse Alok Nath Of Sexual Misconduct

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Siddhant Pandey | Oct 10, 2018

After Bollywood writer and producer Vinta Nanda posted a harrowing account accusing veteran actor Alok Nath of sexual assault on Monday, two other women actor Sandhya Mridul and a crew member of Hum Saath Saath Hain have made allegations of sexual misconduct against Nath.

On Wednesday, Mridul tweeted her #MeToo account claiming that Nath sexually harassed her in a drunken state. She wrote, "At the very start of my career, I was shooting a telefilm in Kodaikanal. I was the lead. And very excited. Alok Nath was my on-screen father and Reema Lagoo my mother. Mridul recalls she used to be a "huge fan of the actor, however, her impression of him changed after the cast went out for dinner one night.

"At dinner, he got progressively drunk and started insisting I sit with him and that I belonged to him and other stuff that I don't clearly remember but it made me very nervous and uncomfortable, she wrote, adding that a co-star got her out of there and she went back to her room.

Sandhya Mridhul on twitter:

Later that night, Mridul heard a knock only to find an inebriated Nath standing at her doorstep. She stated, "I instinctively tried to shut the door but he pushed it and lunged at me, I stepped aside he went flying past me into the room .. I fell back toward the bathroom door he lunged at me again screaming I want you you're mine .. I dodged again he went into the bathroom and I think I latched the loo door and ran out of my room down the corridor into the lobby.

Mridul added that Nath's advances continued that night and later during the shooting of the film as well. While Nath eventually apologised to her, she said he later told people that she was "difficult and arrogant. She added, "It's taken me years to lay those demons to rest and move on and just stay away from it all. But it never actually goes away. Does it?

In an interview with Mid-Day, a crew member on the sets of the 1999 Sooraj Barjatya film Hum Saath Saath Hain, who wished to remain anonymous, said, "We were shooting for a night scene and I had taken a change of costumes to him. Once I handed him the clothes, he started stripping in front of me. I was taken aback, and tried to make my way out of the room as soon as possible. When I tried to run out, he grabbed my hand and manhandled me. I remember yanking my hand out of his grip and rushing out of the room.

"I was shell-shocked; I couldn't muster the courage to speak up against him. He was extremely close to the Barjatyas, and Sooraj sir would have taken it badly, she said, adding that she decided to move away from the industry due to the incident.

Deven Bhojani, an actor on Tara, told Zoom TV, said that "when he (Nath) drinks, he gets crazy and that Vinta is "courageous and as it's not easy for a woman to confess such things.

Nath's co-star on Tara, Navneet Nishan, also supported Nanda, and told PTI, "I dealt with the four-year harassment by slapping the man in question and it is done and dusted. She added, "l suffered the loss of the show and was further shamed by the man through media and I endured that. I fought my battles there and then. I am immensely glad that the power trip and sexual dominance coming from this power is being called out. It is high time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sanskaari aloknath is all exposed...who's next?
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Horrible.. such an asshole ðŸ˜¡
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Alok Nath is perfect example of Wolf in sheep's clothing.
pallavi25 thumbnail

Disgusting, how this monster got away with abusing women on various shooting locations and in Sandhya's case, the production team knew all abt it but did not take any action against him! ðŸ˜¡
How did this asshole get away with assaulting colleagues for so many years? ðŸ˜² Was he that powerful and influential? 

Im glad that all these monsters are being exposed now thanks to #metoo movement, I hope after this no perverted creep will dare to molest female colleagues and if they do, then prompt action will be taken against them. 
Aloknath the perverted old creep shd be in jail, ALL these women shd file formal charges against him, dont know what the statute of limitations are in India but some legal action shd be taken against him now.

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Finally something good ,Alok nath deserves punishment
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I'm shocked!! What an image he's built and personality totally contrary to it! What an asshole! How did he get away for so long?! He's exposed and how! I feel bad for all these women who had to endure so much pain! Alok Nath should be publicly shamed so much so that no man ever takes advantage of the position he is in to sexually harass women!
GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I had a really different image of him in my mind. Sad how things change. But, more women, and powerful women speaking out is good for society as a whole, at least it will force a few people to reflect. Edited by BubbleBath - 5 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I am traumatized. Man oh man!
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
If these sidey actors can do all this, I can only imagine what the old A listers have done! I totally believe Vinta Nanda and Sandhya. These women are not attention seekers.

I'm so glad that the new generation of actors are so different from these old farts. Many of them did not hesitate to give an opinion on the Tanushree incident at all. I especially loved what Ayushman had to say. But Varun, Arjun, Ranveer etc. all said something.

On the other hand, Stalwarts like Bachchan, Salman and even my favorite Aamir were totally silent. It's disgusting. They all have something to hide.