Bittersweet ending for Alexander

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

The man, the role, the aura - what a journey it has been! 👏

As the show draws to a close in the next few weeks, the decline of Alexander's reign and his tragic end is imminent. So is that of his loved ones, Olympias, Hephaestion, and Roxanne, and we will mourn their demise. 

No matter how much anger and frustration I have felt towards the makers, I will always be thankful for the chance to have discovered Rohit Purohit (and Sameksha) through this show, for the skillfully crafted scenes of Alexander's, the beautiful interactions with his near and dear ones, the intriguing Macedonian tracks, and the awe-inspiring battle scenes of Alexander as a peerless military commander and strategist.

For many months now the script and story have taken a turn that many of us could not have anticipated as we watched the brilliant scenes in the first act of the show revolving around Macedonia. Yet it is Rohit's Alexander who has compelled many of us to stay here and ride it out as we have had the pleasure of witnessing the superlative performances and efforts put in by the not-so-mere mortal Rohit to bring to life the unforgettable demi-god and best Alexander to date. 

Through all the ups and downs, distortion of facts, and character assassinations, especially Alexander's, there has not been a single scene where I have felt that Rohit was playing Alexander, rather he was Alexander. This is all thanks to his brilliance in developing such a powerful, emotional connect with the audience. Through observing him I have learned what it means to persevere, to excel in spite of limitations, and to remain an eternal optimist. 

For me, Rohit Purohit has always been and forever will be the face and persona of Alexander The Great.

As with all good things, my journey with the character and actor too will come to a bittersweet end on this show but it will be a milestone in my personal life.

My salute to my hero, the legendary Alexander The Great, and to Rohit Purohit for showing me how greatness can be achieved. 👏

Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes he has been brilliant. ...it will be a bittersweet ending 😊 however it will be a disgusting ending to the show if they made his own wife kill him I hope I really hope we don't have to see that...
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

Yes he has been brilliant. ...it will be a bittersweet ending 😊 however it will be a disgusting ending to the show if they made his own wife kill him I hope I really hope we don't have to see that...

You are saying it would be disgusting but you are using this emoji:

How does that even make sense? 😆

Depends whether SidT prefers a sanksaari wife over an ichhadhaari one. 

Alexander should die of malaria, since poisoning is out of the question. 
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's all so true! You have just summarized all our thoughts in a single post! Thank you sooo much for this thread!

I have also been highly inspired by the character of Alexander. To carry utmost belief and confidence in your abilities, to have ambitions but also have the courage and determination to go undterred to your path, to not get demotivated by any obstacle life serves at you and handle each and every situation with a cool and calm demeanor! And the most important of all is that 'Dreams do come True' if you are ready to give whatever it takes to achieve your goal without ever doubting on yourself and sincerely giving your 100% at it! 

I would no longer hesitate in taking risks and in stepping out of my comfort zone for the various opportunities life provides. He has really changed my outlook on life for the better! 

I came to acknowledge the aura and charisma of the real figure just because of this show and I will really be thankful to SidT for it! And of course to Rohit, for bringing out the character such realistically, while overcoming all sorts of challenges! Rohit too, is an inspiration! Inspite of the ruthless character assassination of Alexander and comparitively getting so less importance and screen time, he has always managed to hold his Alexander firm and steady! The fact that he has managed to hold us here uptill now, when almost everyone among us is pissed off with the plot, is commendable! 

For me too, only and only Rohit will always remain the face of Alexander the Great! 
Edited by Vaishnavi_ - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
I actually feel a bit sad thinking that the show will be over and we will no longer see Alexander/Rohit on screen. There will be a huge hole in my heart and daily routine! 

God knows how long I'll have to wait till I see another role/performance that captures my fancy in this way!
luckySnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

You are saying it would be disgusting but you are using this emoji:

How does that even make sense? 😆

Depends whether SidT prefers a sanksaari wife over an ichhadhaari one. 

Alexander should die of malaria, since poisoning is out of the question. 

Malaria along with wounds of Afghani battle and battle of Mali killed him
inlieu thumbnail

Malaria along with wounds of Afghani battle and battle of Mali killed him

Maybe on the show he will be severely wounded in the battle against Porus instead. Pata chale CGM hi usko maar de, thanks to SidT's imagination. 😲
luckySnow thumbnail

Maybe on the show he will be severely wounded in the battle against Porus instead. Pata chale CGM hi usko maar de, thanks to SidT's imagination.  😲

😆 porus Ka harna Tae hai...chahe Rakhi Ka bahana banalo, battle of hydespass Ka result sabko maloom hai...though Tiwari is ghatiya , he will not change the result for few YouTubers 😆
inlieu thumbnail

😆 porus Ka harna Tae hai...chahe Rakhi Ka bahana banalo, battle of hydespass Ka result sabko maloom hai...though Tiwari is ghatiya , he will not change the result for few YouTubers 😆

Yes, Alexander can still win against Porus but also be injured in the process. After that CGM will come and get him.

The fact that there is a CGM show means that the story of Akhand Bharat must continue, and it won't happen if Porus wins. 😆
luckySnow thumbnail
Mujhe Lagta hai Tiwari ne original script badal Di hai.. 
1 2 3 4 5
Next