Episode one : Anurag likes boys! :o

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
So after like waiting for a month or so, KZK finally started.  promos k baad promos, I was going crazy with the wait. πŸ˜†
The episode was good enough however not fantastic and if this was not a remake of a famous TV show, it had nothing to make the audience hooked towards the show and make them want to watch more. More than half the episode went with the introduction πŸ˜† and I kinda expected that since it was ekta's show that too remake of those time show when introduction of a character took almost an episode time. However it was worth the wait, got treated to Parth's toned naked back. ☺️Can not understand the reason on why he was to stand half naked for the aarti. Even the priests were wearing clothes. But again, he has an amazing body so no complains. πŸ˜›

Anurag's mother is already annoying with her heavy jewellery and make up. Even her husband admitted that aloud. πŸ˜† Anurag's father so far is my favourite character. The way he cracked jokes and lit up the mood and the way he teases his wife is humorous.   "meri 2 biwiya hai. Ek make up ke phele dusri make up k baad." πŸ€£
Anurag's sisters looked pretty. And i don't remember anyone's name even thou ekta made sure to have all of the cast's name in big letters on the screen. πŸ˜†  total useless. πŸ˜†
Prerana family seem more funny and tolerable than Anurag's mother and sisters who for no reason remind of Cindrella's step mother and sisters. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Coming towards the lead. Loved Parth as Anurag even thou it was hard to digest him in such a seedha sadha character. I was just waiting for him to burst out and make Prerana his spot. Guess thats not happening. πŸ˜† Erica was nice as Prerana, she looked really pretty however I felt she over did at times and her parts were somewhat hurried.

Their scenes together were the cutest thing ever. β˜ΊοΈ I was surprised to know that they knew each other long before they fell in love and had conversations like normal people. I was expecting them to come across each other somewhere and then a shawl would fall out of nowhere and bg music would be in full force and all. None of them happened. I am just over estimating ekta's craziness I guess. πŸ˜•
Well we are going to have some action tomorrow so waiting for all the fire and fireworks. β˜ΊοΈ
And Im still trying to find out who the f is that guy who caused the fire cause I really got to thank him for getting us an amazing AnuPre scene which is yet to come. 

Bhalo moment of the episode : Prerna askes Anurag whether he likes boys and he answers in affirmative. πŸ€£ then him warning her to book her guy so that they don't have a love triangle. πŸ€£ all while I was thinking Prerna Anurag and Bajaj love triangle. Both Prerna and Anurag fall for Bajaj. Just imagine. πŸ€£ but our guy is straight so hallelujah Prerna πŸ˜†

This was just my view on today's episode. Do share yours too. 

Ps just to mention, I didn't watch old KZK so I have nothing to compare the new one to or have any high expectations from it. So this comes from a person who is just enjoying a new show. πŸ˜› but would love to see some views from person who has watched the old season too. 

I really loved anurag's character. I haven't seen Erica or Parth in any of the shows. Both were good. 
Anurag's mother and sisters were kind of OTT but they were like season 1 only. 
Lovely review! I agree with most of your points. 
I also love how Anurag wasn't offended when Prerna asked him if he liked men. Usually you see in TV shows or movies, they immediately get offended and quickly deny it. Here Anurag was taking it lightly and said yes, I am (even though he's teasing her). Therefore, I don't even see it as Homophobia. There was no phobia. He wasn't afraid of the allegations. Plus, it shows exactly how chilled out and modern he is, despite his family who seems so orthodox.
Edited by ilovepyaar - 5 years ago
As I have seen KZK1, the new Anurag actually surprised me!!! He was chilled out and playing pranks...The old Anurag would never have done that. He would have got offended, made faces and yelled at Prerna!! So far, am very happy with the characterisation of Anurag!!!
Good episode n Nice review  😊
Hello, nice review and I agree with most of it. so to give a little background, I grew up watching all Ekta's shows πŸ˜† like she ruled the TV back then and even though I realized after a while that the characters and story is all OTT, I still enjoyed the chemistry between the leads. Ekta has this amazing way of getting two great looking actors together and cast them as lead pair. Most of her lead pairs have been my fav, be it Anu-Prerna, Sujal-Kashish or Arjun-Arohi. Again, I know they never end up together and somehow something dramatic parts them away but I believe Kasauti was among the first ones of Ekta's show to actually showcase that pain in love. I am a big fan of KZK (the original one). Sweta Tiwari did a fabulous job as Prerna and Cezanne Khan was classy as Anurag. 
Of course I dont remember scene to scene but I very well remember the basic characterizations of most of the characters.
Erica did and acted exactly how it is expected from Prerna Sharma. She is chirpy, loud, too goody good, sanskari and believes in her lala land. I liked her so far but felt a little hangover from Sonakshi (KRPKAB) so I hope that goes away completely. 
her parents are like any middle class couple who have self-respect and would never ask for any favors from the Basus. 

Among the Basus, Mohini is exactly how she was in earlier season. Snobby and elitist, no difference at all πŸ˜† Nivedita is the same and ghar jamai husband is obsessed with wealth. They had fun relationship so lets see how much more we see of them.
Moloy was awesome and like earlier season, cracked jokes at his wife and overall happy person.

Parth surprised me the most. He is sooo good as Anurag Basu. He brought a whole another layer to the character and maturity. I loved him so far. good job Ekta on casting this guy, I was very apprehensive of him.

very excited to watch more of KZK! cant wait for Komolika and Mr. Bajaj even though I know where it will all lead, but this is really exciting!!! πŸ˜›
I loved their chemistry 😳😳
Parth and Erica
Edited by khus.89 - 5 years ago