Samaina OS : Fix You (OS Contest Entry)

A.Green thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
OS Contest Entry 
Samaina OS : FIX YOU

*Hey everyone. Thank you for giving so much love to my OS contest entry :) The story came as an inspiration from a song by Coldplay titled "Fix you". I literally wanted to kill Sameer in this story when I started writing it but then I couldn't make myself do the same as I progressed writing! Enjoy the read, again..  πŸ˜† *

Naina sat by the sunset reminiscing the time, those golden days, the time that didn't leave her mind ever. It was etched in each cell of her body. It was surreal how cold she felt without him, he was both the wind and her personal sun alike. He had filled her life with light and colours. The sunset is often a visual you'd want to see with your partner, the love of your life, but alas she was all alone today, she was missing him the most today, she needed him by her side but he wasn't there. Why was her life playing with her, would everyone leave her now?

She went back in time, that first time they had met and looked at the sun rising together, she had risen in love that day, fallen in love as the sun rose in the far east, as cliche as it sounded. She giggled as she remembered his words a couple of years later, "I wasn't even interested in the sky changing colors that day, the light in your eyes was guiding me home Naina. I had fallen in love with you then and there." Thinking back, she realized how lucky she had been, both of them had met by destiny and went on to be connected in such a way that it was impossible to separate them now.

Just then she heard Sameer calling her from the kitchen, "Naina madam, khana taiyyar hai! She blushed, even now when he called her madam her insides would flutter, it wasn't even an endearment, it was just his way of being cheeky with her. As soon as she approached the kitchen her heart sank, she was again imagining him, he wasn't here. The realization was both heartbreaking and provoking. 

Her eyes pooled with tears, she missed him terribly, "I miss you Sameer, please fix me, fix my heart, guide my life." She spoke heartbroken with pain in her voice, head drooped low in hurt, she was about to curl down in a ball and cry her heart out when she saw him approach her, she crawled towards him with baby steps. She tried her best to reach out to him, hoping for it to not be an illusion. 

"Naina, get up! We're gonna fight this time." Sameer whispered in her ear and she pushed herself up, he was her guiding light and she would listen to it always and forever. That was when she glanced once at the setting sun, and got lost in the feel of him, his words rang in her ears.

Flashback

Sameer sat with Naina in his arms, her warmth was heating up his insides, the weather igniting his bones and her comfort lifting up his spirit. 

"Naina, tumhe yaad hai?" He asked knowing for certain she would get the drift of his words, he could feel her smiling on him. She turned around all of a sudden and pecked his lips with a smile lingering on her own face.

His eyes closed in ecstacy and the purity of her actions took his heart again, in that moment he could just murmur the words, "Dil le lo Naina." 

Opening his eyes, he saw her hugging him tight and speaking, "Kab ka le chuki wo toh." He continued speaking, "You know that day, I just knew, I knew that you are the one. I just wasn't admitting it to myself. The stubborn stupid kid I was." 

Sameer was referring to the stupid bet he had set up and how he just knew staring at her that day, sitting by her side as the sun rose that even though his life was rising and his heart was smiling, but he had fallen, fallen deep in love with her.

He was still lost in his thoughts, when he felt Naina hitting him and muttering in between, "How..dare..you..talk..bad..about..my Sameer?" Her blows were turning deadly but he was smiling and trying to dodge the tigress in her.

"Acha acha baba. I am sorry!" He said, holding his ear in an apology, she smiled wholeheartedly and went back into his arms as they stared at the sunset in front of their eyes. 

After a while of being silent in each other's arms, sameer broke the chattering of the birds by voicing out what his heart felt, "I am so glad we came back here Naina. It's the place it all actually started. Uss din, hum kitne carefree aur khush the. I felt myself after a long long time. Mujhe main dikha, woh main jo Nanu ke saath rehta tha." 

Naina gripped his hand tighter, she knew how much he missed Nanu, she did as well, "Sameer, I know this place is so important for us. We saw our first sunrise here and now we are here seeing the sun setting, but you know what's common, we are together and will always be."

"Ohoo, writer and all haan?" He chuckled, before making her rise as the sun set making way for the darkness that was inevitable just like the sad demise of Nanu. "Chalo. Photos click karte hain and let's make this time as memorable as those days were!" 

She gladly obliged, they now had their mobile phones unlike back then, when they just had the black camera that Sameer held in his possession. "I miss the camera." Naina spoke, making cute and weird faces.

He laughed hard and said, "And I miss that bhalu dress of yours." She ran behind him, trying to kick him and make sure he learnt his lesson for taunting her again and again.

Suddenly Sameer was reminded of something he had left incomplete that day, remembering that he said, "Naina. Woh dekho, sunset ho gya." 

She nodded with a sad smile, she didn't like the sun going away, but her personal sun was always there to make her happy and jovial again, he twirled her around, holding her wrist. She fell upon his chest with a thud, her hands wound around his neck, staring with love at him, she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Naina. I love this night, I love this sunset and I love.." he stopped reminding her of that day, seeing him stop again she looked up to urge him on but when he didn't complete she went back to his shoulder, finding solace in his heat.

"I love?" She teased him further. "I love you Naina Maheshwari forever and ever." 

Her eyes brimmed with tears, the times that he said I love you to her was always special but she belonged to him now, Naina Maheshwari had a ring to it, it felt like honey dropping from his mouth.

"I love you too, Naina ke Sameer Maheshwari." She nudged her nose against his while saying this, making him squirm in irritation but laugh the next second in happiness.

"Sirf aur sirf Naina ka." He added as they left from there hand in hand. The sun had a role to play in their life for sure, a sunrise had made both of them come closer and a sunset had made both of them live that time again, but now as a married couple. The two had seen a long journey, from school sweethearts to college love birds to now a married and happy in love couple.

Present

The sheer happiness they had shared that day made Naina smile and cry at the same time. God was witness, she was yearning for his arms around her, she wished this sunset left her sooner, this day didn't exist. 

The morning came, the sunrays fell on her, she felt gentle fingers stroking her hair, wiping the remanant tears on her face. She held his hand hard, not ready to leave it, not as yet. 

"Ahh Naina." He spoke in pain, she opened her eyes fully, upon finding him within reach she flung her arms around him and cried her heart out. He didn't like her crying, but this was needed at the moment, the pain she had been holding in needed to be released.

Trying to calm her down he whispered, "I know it's not fair Naina. I am here for you. Chacha-Chachi ki kami main puri nahi kar sakta par woh tumhe rote nahi dekhna chahenge." 

Her tears didn't stop, instead she burst into more tears, her Chacha-Chachi, the two people who had made her who she was, had left her today. They weren't with her now, they had passed away in a car accident the previous week, she was going mad without Sameer but he was here now.

"Naina, this is a new day. You can cry for them, you can cry as much as you want but I promise to be by your side always, just next to you." His words finally made her stop her waterfall of tears, she hiccupped and managed to blurt, "You won't leave me too na?" 

His heart broke at her innocent question, he couldn't control his own tears, he gathered her in a hug in a jiffy and told her, "Naina ke bina Sameer nahi."

"Aur Sameer bina Naina nahi jee payegi." She said, somehow feeling broken and dozing off to sleep in the comfort of his touch. 

"I promise to fix you Naina. I will fix you with my love!" Sameer promised to himself. 

--------------------------

Much love to whoever liked my OS and to those who voted for it too! πŸ˜Š 

Edited by A.Green - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I am coming soon with my thoughts on this one! πŸ˜³
Princesswarrior thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was so beautiful and touching at same time😭.  I was confused for the first half but after reading about the sudden demise Of chacha and Chachi , my heart sank.  It is true that death is inexorable but the way you described naina's emotions, I could feel  her pain. A very different,unique and fresh concept. Enjoyed reading and rereading it.  Great job..  Keep it up. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
Regards 
Inayat 
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hayee rabba Aayu! Tum Sameer ko maar deti to main yahan ro padti! Thank God...you know the emotional piece you wrote really had my heart...the emptiness one never does want to feel...it is horrible...for a moment, I felt maybe Sameer is fighting a life threatening ailment! But thankfully, that wasn't the case either! Well call me selfish, but seeing Sameer by Naina's side I'm happy- despite the fact chacha-chachi had to go :(
The depiction of sunrise, Sameer's confession was bliss! Sameer realized he'd fallen for her that night- the lines about Sameer not even seeing the colors of the sky, but Naina being his guiding light and then the sunset scene where Sameer replicates the dialogues for night- I love this night, I love this sunset...and I love...wow! You brought back the golden moments of the show for me! The episode is one of the closest to my  heart! 
I know I didn't find time to vote- but of all the OS I've read till now (which ain't that many :P), this one was Dil le lo for me! 
Love
Sur
PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ayu!!  πŸ€—

To say I loved this would be an understatement. The plot connected with me so deeply. πŸ˜³

I would say, you have tweaked your writing style a bit. I never guessed it was yours.
Written perfectly and you have portrayed her pain amazingly. πŸ₯Ί

I would admit, when I read the first 3 paragraphs, I thought Sameer and Naina never reunited and she was breaking down remembering him. But the surprise element was a nice twist. 
Great job! β­οΈ

The flashback was so sweet, it balanced the melancholic feeling. 

I miss the bhalu wali dress so much too!! πŸ˜†
On a serious note, that night he saw Naina's beauty and the brown frock didn't matter, in fact she looked beautiful to him under the stars and the sunrise. πŸ˜³

Loved how you showed the transition from the sunrise to unset, tha parallel you brought was simply aesthetic to imagine. β€οΈ

I like the sound of Naina Maheshwari! 

Chacha-Chachi's accident and death. I had this heaviness in my chest too when I read that! Death is inevitable. πŸ˜­
My poor baby Naina...!

But there you showed how Sam stood by her, not leaving her alone at all, giving her the assurance of his presence and consoling and also the role reversal of being guiding light to each other...beautifully shown and Sameer's anguish was also felt closely. πŸ₯Ί 

Overall, splendid, my dear Ayu! πŸ˜³
Edited by Mayashika - 5 years ago
A.Green thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

I am coming soon with my thoughts on this one!  😳

Shreya , you always have the best reviews to give πŸ€—
A.Green thumbnail

Originally posted by: Princesswarrior

That was so beautiful and touching at same time 😭.  I was confused for the first half but after reading about the sudden demise Of chacha and Chachi , my heart sank.  It is true that death is inexorable but the way you described naina's emotions, I could feel  her pain. A very different,unique and fresh concept. Enjoyed reading and rereading it.  Great job..  Keep it up. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

Regards 
Inayat 

Thank you so much! πŸ˜³ I meant to confuse with the first half, the element of surprise about what was going to happen or had happened πŸ˜›  Very true. Death is untimely and gives you so much pain. I am glad you connected to Naina. Thanks for liking it ⭐️

A.Green thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samaina_1990

Hayee rabba Aayu! Tum Sameer ko maar deti to main yahan ro padti! Thank God...you know the emotional piece you wrote really had my heart...the emptiness one never does want to feel...it is horrible...for a moment, I felt maybe Sameer is fighting a life threatening ailment! But thankfully, that wasn't the case either! Well call me selfish, but seeing Sameer by Naina's side I'm happy- despite the fact chacha-chachi had to go :(

The depiction of sunrise, Sameer's confession was bliss! Sameer realized he'd fallen for her that night- the lines about Sameer not even seeing the colors of the sky, but Naina being his guiding light and then the sunset scene where Sameer replicates the dialogues for night- I love this night, I love this sunset...and I love...wow! You brought back the golden moments of the show for me! The episode is one of the closest to my  heart! 
I know I didn't find time to vote- but of all the OS I've read till now (which ain't that many :P), this one was Dil le lo for me! 
Love
Sur

Hahaha! I did start writing it like that  πŸ˜†
But then main Sameer ko maar hi nahi payi, bada rona dhona ho jata! πŸ˜›
Yeah, I know. It's too sad to deal and cope with these things. :(
I understand that, he is there to get her back on her feet na? πŸ˜Š

So glad the flashback really hit the right chord with you, I wanted exactly the same thing. To remind everyone of that scene plus making it my own πŸ˜³
I love the episode too <3
Haha I am just happy you read my OS and even that it took your heart away πŸ˜‰
Love ya, thanks Sur πŸ€—
A.Green thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

Ayu!!  πŸ€—

Shreya πŸ€—

To say I loved this would be an understatement. The plot connected with me so deeply. πŸ˜³

You voted for it as your top3! πŸ˜³ I know you really liked it :) I am glad it really had an impact with you. 

I would say, you have tweaked your writing style a bit. I never guessed it was yours.
Written perfectly and you have portrayed her pain amazingly. πŸ₯Ί

Aww! You did think so? πŸ˜† I tried writing something not too cheesy  like I mostly do, and instead write a bit emotional piece but I ended up writing a balance of emotions with the flashback :P

I would admit, when I read the first 3 paragraphs, I thought Sameer and Naina never reunited and she was breaking down remembering him. But the surprise element was a nice twist. 
Great job! β­οΈ

Ohh! You thought that reading the first paragraph, I did intend to show the same, that they're not together. I am happy the surprise clicked. :)

The flashback was so sweet, it balanced the melancholic feeling. 

I miss the bhalu wali dress so much too!! πŸ˜†
On a serious note, that night he saw Naina's beauty and the brown frock didn't matter, in fact she looked beautiful to him under the stars and the sunrise. πŸ˜³

Hahah! See I tried the balancing act πŸ˜› Yes. That was the thing and the bhalu dress is missed πŸ˜† I am happy to know you liked the flashback :)

Loved how you showed the transition from the sunrise to unset, tha parallel you brought was simply aesthetic to imagine. β€οΈ

I am happy you liked this particular parallel! As I said, expect you to point out things I never think anyone can catch πŸ˜³

I like the sound of Naina Maheshwari! 

Chacha-Chachi's accident and death. I had this heaviness in my chest too when I read that! Death is inevitable. πŸ˜­
My poor baby Naina...!

Yess. I wanted to show her vulnerable but I didn't like killing them off but Taiji ke jaane par itna rona theek nahi lagta πŸ˜† I love how I incorporated Naina Maheshwari in this OS, I was proud of it ;)

But there you showed how Sam stood by her, not leaving her alone at all, giving her the assurance of his presence and consoling and also the role reversal of being guiding light to each other...beautifully shown and Sameer's anguish was also felt closely. πŸ₯Ί 

In such a small story, you could catch all that I was trying to show from Naina's pain, to Sameer's anxiousness and even how he would help her through. Thanks a lot! πŸ˜ƒ

Overall, splendid, my dear Ayu! πŸ˜³

Thank you so much Shreya! Your reviews as well as your stories always make my day. β€οΈ

Replies in bold Shreya. ^_^ 
AMereWanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Res 

Loved this one, Aayu Di! πŸ‘