Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

This is how Olly was threatened by sasygambis closeness to Alexander...

'Rhodogun and stateira plagues of my nights. My  eyes are dry. You have failed me for you sleep in the persipolis.''

'I feel ashamed and I weep in my room, for you have tainted the name of Ammon by eating from the wretched hands of Persian, the mother of Daricas. Your insolence has now reached its peak which I cannot condone. I have been warning you to stay away from the ones who should be slaves and t reated as such for they and their ancestors have treated the Hellenes as their slaves.  You let Roxane share loaf with her. Have you no shame!''

Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

To Roxane

''First of all be pleasing to the gods ; then pay due reverence to rndokht and Esthar, and hold them in honour ; and fear thou the command of Olympias my mother, and do not exalt thyself beyond measure. If thou doest these things, both I and thou shall be praised exceedingly and all the gods be well pleased with us.And try yourself to think thoughts worthy of Alexander and to honour the awe inspiring authority of Olympias. If you observe these directions, you will bring great glory to yourself and to me. Farewell. " Then Alexander took Rshnk to wife.

Rndokht is sasygambis and esthar is Barsine 

Was this a letter? 
luckySnow thumbnail

All are dialogues from diodorus and other records...this he said toRoxane..
Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

All are dialogues from diodorus and other records...this he said toRoxane..

And who the hell was present in their room to listen to them? It is all fiction! ๐Ÿ˜†
luckySnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vaishnavi_

And who the hell was present in their room to listen to them? It is all fiction!  ๐Ÿ˜†

They are play dialogues written in 14 century ..diadorous wrote in story like in history...later his work was converted into plays...and these dialogues were made ..hope you understand๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
luckySnow thumbnail
Diodorus wrote Alexander history like Plutarch and arrian.and others...later his work was adapted into plays...obviously plays will have dialogues dear, so these are dailogues...those letter by olympias are from contemporary sources...
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Yes true. BTW an Interesting thread! ๐Ÿ˜› Regular bits like these from you keep the forum alive! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks for sharing!
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you LuckySnow for sharing these!