Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chulbuliladki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: AnnaSloan

@Red Bold: It's easier said than done. It's not a cakewalk to just get up one day and leave. It took me 1.5 years to leave my abusive marriage and walk out and I accept shamelessly that I did think to take my husband back because I could see how much pain and pressure the society, and relatives put my parents in. I decided against it eventually but these things are not easy as they may seem. Until you are in that situation where people around you are talking in hushed tones - blaming you for this - you really would think its easy to walk out. Divorce is common - but accepting divorcees is not. 

@Bold Blue: A marital rape victim is being raped every day. She is already being overpowered day in and day out. Maybe yes, they did not portray it rightly for Nandini - but since we are generalizing - a marital rape victim goes through it every day - is kept locked in the room, tortured, beaten, and what not.

@Black Bold: You are proving my point. At the end of the day, everyone lives in the fear of society. We give too much of importance to this 'society' and we fear it. Rape victims don't come out in open - be it a marital rape or a normal rape - they know they will be the one to be blamed. No matter how much we are against it - it the woman who is blamed in the end. In the end - the woman gives up. They give in to the fear and suffer. Some fight back - I did - but I had my family to support me. I don't know if I did not have anyone - whether I would have. The same case could be with Nandini. She needed Mauli and Kunal to push her and when they did - she did. 

In the end, we are both accepting a rape is rape. Why are we comparing it is beyond me. Every individual reacts to the situation differently. Some may fight rape and get out of it or get the rapist punished. Or some (as happens in most cases) may remain quiet and suffer. That does not change the fact they are raped. Like I said somewhere else, a woman in a happy marriage also might not feel like having sex once in a while. But if her husband still forces her even in that one moment after she says a BIG FAT NO - it is still rape. A NO is a NO and that is what defines rape. 

For this post 👏