Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: _charu_

Maan liya abhishek and priety had no fault, but their spouses were not happy in the MARRIAGE AND there was a discord . Which was not there in Kunals case..nandini doing this to mauli , who pulled her out of hell is plain disgusting..If there was any other girl except nandini I wouldn't have bothered 

I respect your pov regarding kank  though I didn't like it allπŸ˜†
yup  Kunals excuse is not worthy to debate on. It is quite clear his brain is running by lust. For nandini it is her true self. selfish and backstabber
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: oldanurprernfan

I respect your pov regarding kank  though I didn't like it all πŸ˜†
yup  Kunals excuse is not worthy to debate on. It is quite clear his brain is running by lust. For nandini it is her true self. selfish and backstabber

I hate kank πŸ˜† I never understood it

Originally posted by: IHaveAQuestion

Moreover in Hastaratein they took their time to build the plot unlike in Silsila where the EMA started out of nowhere without any base

True that is also my complaint. There is no strong backup reason for emaπŸ˜†
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: oldanurprernfan

Kank  was another weird movie which was disliked by everyone. They tried to show srk  n rani characters in love but people didn't buy as abhishek and rani characters had no fault there!

But here execution is so bad. There are no grounds and base for ema

Actually KANK was way ahead of its time in portraying the complexities of relationships. And KJ build a good job with building the story.

4 years of marriage & inability to have children made Rani aka Maya distant from Abhishek where she began to feel that he was selfish in not giving time to her anymore. Maya married Abhishek not because she loved him dearly but because she thought he might be a good person to marry as she knew him all her life. It was more of a practical decision.

SRK's accident & the setback it took in his life made him feel inferior himself.

4 years of leap played huge role in bringing setback in their respective marriages. They liked each other's company as it made them feel better, something they weren't feeling with their partners. Abhishek used to taunt Maya on her infertility while Dev on himself feeling inferior &  Rhea making him feel incompetent enough. But they still tried to give their marriage several chances.

But the moment they slept together, they realized what they did. The guilt of cheating killed them & that's the main turning point of the story. Even when they decided to end things, they made sure that their partners know of what they had done leading to divorce which was inevitable. They accepted their mistakes & how their feelings played a part in their decisions.

This show has nothing like that. Kunal-Mauli had no issues in their marriage & suddenly Kunal fell for someone on the drop of hat is the worst thing. He had literally no issues with Mauli & he doesn't have any issue with her even now.
Nandini had a dark marriage, there were no complexities in it. She had to get out of it anyway. There was no way she could have given chance to her marriage with a man like Rajdeep. But she suffered years of domestic abuse, shock of being sold to another man by her husband, lost her child & still she fell on the drop of hat that too for a married man she knows so closely. She fell for her BF's husband. Atleast in KANK, the lead didn't know each other's spouses. That's what makes it all the more worse. I mean it's cheating on a comlpletely different level.

Nandini-Kunal hardly knew each other & they didn't even bond enough to hit off. Kunal wasn't in a burdened marriage, he was actually in love with Mauli when he fell for Nandini.
Then there is guilt which is absolutely missing from this show. There is no introspection, no thought process, no guilt, which makes it pathetic. Kunal isn't even trying to ponder about things in his marriage, he isn't trying to save it. He isn't even decent enough to be honest with her & same goes to Nandini. In KANK, there was guilt when they were trying to make their marriage work & met each other's spouse. Nothing like that here. Neither Kunal nor Nandini has even a mg of guilt.

So, the whole portrayal of EMA in this show is absolutely nuts. Makers didn't make any ground for it. They just brought in godly elements to shove this thing down audience's  throats.

Atleast KANK was a practical approach on relationships with a steady story building, this show comes no where close. There is no practicality in KuNan at this point. You can't connect with their love because it is abrupt.

EMA's start & feel like love only when 2 people reach a realization that they aren't in love anymore with their existing partners. And even then the best way is to get a divorce rather than start an affair under your partner's nose & cheat them. There is nothing wrong in wanting love but cheating isn't just right. Get divorced & date- No big deal.
Edited by arshi_asya - 5 years ago
I did not like kank either but it was better than this KJ himself EMA is cheating so he does not want to justify that.
And Hasratein savi was popular but she has her bit of bashing and she paid off KT lost his memory went to his wife even her daughter never got the family she wanted.
The story had its own turn but I never supported their sleeping together as well.
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IDO20

I did not like kank either but it was better than this KJ himself EMA is cheating so he does not want to justify that.
And Hasratein savi was popular but she has her bit of bashing and she paid off KT lost his memory went to his wife even her daughter never got the family she wanted.
The story had its own turn but I never supported their sleeping together as well.

That's the point. If people aren't happy in their relationships anymore, get divorced & date.

Cheating will always be wrong.